Why is Hayato learning those skills?

Synjid

I was playing Birthright with Hayato as an Onmyoji. He was level 6 and had learned all the usual skills for his class path (Mag+2, Future Sight, Rally Magic)

But when he reached level 7, he learned miracle, and then rally luck on level 8!

So tbh I dont see how this can happen. Although the Onmyoji class is a promotion from both Diviner and Monk classes, the first class in Hayato's class set is diviner (and he doesnt have access to the Monk class by default). Also, he didn't use any seal apart from the master seal used to promote him.

Maybe the fact that he married Sakura had an influence in some way? I'd be happy to know if anyone has insights about this.

Edited by Synjid

Maybe the fact that he married Sakura had an influence in some way?

Yeah. Since he now can theoretically go Monk-> Onmoyi, he learns the Monk skills as an Onmoyi as well.

If two characters give each other different base classes and those classes share the same promotion class, then they learn the additional base class skills.

Edited by Aircalipoor

Yeah. Since he now can theoretically go Monk-> Onmoyi, he learns the Monk skills as an Onmoyi as well.

If two characters give each other different base classes and those classes share the same promotion class, then they learn the additional base class skills.

I see what you mean. I wondered why he didnt learn the skills at lv 6 (right after rally magic) but he hadnt reached S support yet at this moment.

Thanks for the answer!

For completions sake, here are all possibilities to learn the base class skills of your S/A+-Rank partner when in a shared promoted class.

Cavalier x Knight -> Great Knight

Fighter x Mercenary -> Hero

Mercenary x Outlaw -> Bow Knight

Samurai x Villager -> Master of Arms

Villager x Apothecary -> Merchant

Apothecary x Ninja -> Mechanist

Spear Fighter x Diviner -> Basara

Diviner x Shrine Maiden/Monk -> Onmyoyi

Sky Knight x Archer -> Kinshi Knight

For completions sake, here are all possibilities to learn the base class skills of your S/A+-Rank partner when in a shared promoted class.

Samurai x Villager -> Master of Arms

Villager x Apothecary -> Merchant

Do those work both ways? Or do they only benefit Mozu? Because I didn't think Mozu shared Villager with her husband.

I don't know about the Villager class, but I'm always assuming that the units actually gets the second class through seals. I mean, Beruka can get the Mercenary skills if she marries Laslow and goes Hero, but Laslow won't get the Fighters skills, as Beruka gives him Wyvern Rider and not Fighter.

Mozu always passes Archer to her spouse and I think the Nohrian parallel if she marries an Archer. That said, Midori can get access to the Villager Skills through Apothecary if Mozu's her mother, so perhaps it passes the skills if the spouse can access Master of Arms or something like that.

Any Fates Buffs that wanna confirm/debunk my remarks, please feel free since I'm uncertain and just guessing at this point.

Similar to Donny giving his Male children Villager access in Awakening, Mozu will give any of her children the Villager class. For some reason, she can't pass it down to her spouse (similar to Keaton and Kaden), but her kids will always inherit it. As long as the kid has access to Merchant or MoA, they can also learn Villager's Skills via Offspring Seals. For example, if you used an Offspring Seal to get Mozu!Hisame to Level 2 MoA, he'd learn Aptitude and Underdog. Same goes for Mozu!Midori going to the same level as a Merchant.

Edited by Avalanche

Similar to Donny giving his Male children Villager access in Awakening, Mozu will give any of her children the Villager class. For some reason, she can't pass it down to her spouse (similar to Keaton and Kaden), but her kids will always inherit it. As long as the kid has access to Merchant or MoA, they can also learn Villager's Skills via Offspring Seals. For example, if you used an Offspring Seal to get Mozu!Hisame to Level 2 MoA, he'd learn Aptitude and Underdog. Same goes for Mozu!Midori going to the same level as a Merchant.

My guess on why she doesn't pass Villager to other first gen characters is how broken some characters could be with Aptitude. Look at Ryoma for example, he defaultly starts promoted with immediate access to Master of Arms. Look at how broken he'd be just getting the Villager's Skill set without any hindrances to it. Children can at least reclass that way and Awakening didn't have a coded promotion for Villager so it had its drawbacks in there too.

It's funny now that I think about it. Donnel and Mozu are praised as Gods by the fandom for their class sets and inheritance distribution. Can you imagine the Royalty from both games praying to these characters for blessed strength? XD

Aptitude is not broken. Especially for the kids, beause they start on a higher level. Ryoma would only get 1,6 in each stat. It would basically be Defender for him.

I actually found Archer Mozu more useful, the skills (+4 strenght, +40 hit, +5 strenght) and stats are much better. The Villager has low base stats and while Mozu does get above the average in strength, skill and speed, she isn't going to carry the team. Master of Arms has a low speed cap as well.

I don't consider Villager to be a broken class. If I could change my units in that class, I wouldn't do it. Effie and Silas are better as knight and cavalier, same goes for promoted lance users like Wyvern Lords or Kinshi Knights.

I know saying an Est is "balanced" is kind of a joke regardless which section of the fandom you ask, but Mozu is much less a "block of stats" than Donny. Like, whenever I've invested in Donny, I've always had some form of satisfying pay off. I ship Donny X Lissa hard, so it's been a lot. Even after giving Mozu Paragon, I've felt her performance as a Kinshi was only okay.

Edited by Avalanche

I know saying an Est is "balanced" is kind of a joke regardless which section of the fandom you ask, but Mozu is much less a "block of stats" than Donny. Like, whenever I've invested in Donny, I've always had some form of satisfying pay off. I ship Donny X Lissa hard, so it's been a lot. Even after giving Mozu Paragon, I've felt her performance as a Kinshi was only okay.

Isn't that just because Kinshi's are a generally underwhelming class in the first place? Isn't the general consensus to make Mozu a sniper simply because she's better in that class?

The Kinshi-Knight has lower stats, but most of it doesn't matter, especially the defense stats. The sniper has +3 strenght and +50 hit. You could get Certain Blow before changing into a Kinshi, but I guess that Mozu has enough skill anyways (unless she attacks at weapon triangle disadvantage). The 3 strength can hurt, especially because Mozus strenght is only average. And later on, there is Bowfaire.

It is stil advisable accept the lower strenght to have the benefits of flying, which shouldn't be underestimated:

19: Flyers can reach and escape the Kitsunes easier.

20: The corridors are small and flyer can assault and retreat way easier, dropping and picking up other units. They don't care as much about the wind as well.

21: Flyers can skip parts of the map, if not all of it. It makes escaping easier.

22: IIRC only flyers can use the western and eastern path to skip some enemies and reaching the reinforcementes easier.

23: Flyers can skip the bridge, though the vast amount of snipers is notable.

24: Flyers are obviously at advantage, as they can reach and kill all the enemy flyers.

25: If you rush the enemy groups, flyers are important as they have high move and have no move penality.

Mozu always passes Archer to her spouse and I think the Nohrian parallel if she marries an Archer. That said, Midori can get access to the Villager Skills through Apothecary if Mozu's her mother, so perhaps it passes the skills if the spouse can access Master of Arms or something like that.

Any Fates Buffs that wanna confirm/debunk my remarks, please feel free since I'm uncertain and just guessing at this point.

I married Mozu to Takumi because I thought he would get outlaw (like how one I forgot to change the default class (cavil in the character customization and married her to Xander and he got Ninja out of it), he got Apothecary instead. And Mozu got jack shit. So the parallel class mechanic reads the original starting class.