So I restarted Ranger 2 and I have some ideas

ElementKasai

So, as I do every year between 25th and 31st december, I restarted Pokémon Ranger: Shadows on Almia.

It's like the 7th or 8th time that I replay it and every time I enjoy it a lot.

However, after 2 days of casual playing I completed the Heatran mission and got that pinky thing that tries to suicide in the sea Mime jr.

I saw, some time ago, a lot of mediocre votes across the internet for this game, but I actually think that it has a really good gameplay (I actually would define this an arcade, basing on the capture system) and has both an enjoyable story and well-designed dungeons.

In reality I think that in a near future I'll take the project and realize a Pokémon Ranger 4 with Bidoofy Pyukumukus since there is really a lot of material from the last 3 generations to work with.

You might now think "what's this topic point? Is this guy talking about his ideas or his project or what?", well, I'm here to just ask your considerations on this series for spare talking while I play: do you think like me that Ranger is underrated? Or that it is just random circling crap? Which flaws do you think should be fixed?

Honestly, I liked that Guardian Signs had a co-op. Not enough Pokémon games have a way to play the main story alongside a friend and though it wasn't exactly the main story, it was in a sense a prequel, which I thought was cool.

I prefer features from Guardian Signs a lot but it seems like the Ranger series just kept evolving. I honestly don't know why they dropped it considering how great I felt that Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs were as games. Main-game co-op would be cool for a 4th entry, for sure.

Honestly, I liked that Guardian Signs had a co-op. Not enough Pokémon games have a way to play the main story alongside a friend and though it wasn't exactly the main story, it was in a sense a prequel, which I thought was cool.

I prefer features from Guardian Signs a lot but it seems like the Ranger series just kept evolving. I honestly don't know why they dropped it considering how great I felt that Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs were as games. Main-game co-op would be cool for a 4th entry, for sure.

Co-op sure is a lot of content and is really fun to play in local. I honestly think that it didn't reach a sort of ultimatum or someting like that and was dropped in favor of Mystery Dungeon.

Other mechanichs of the 3rd game are really good: the improved capture system (I only didn't like how Poké Assist works, but it's also true that Almia's Shieldon is broken), the multi-move oblstacles (which I think could be managed in a different way) and the Signs (I'd bet that they inspired SM Pokè Ride). Sure a great improvement from Almia.

I greatly enjoyed the Ranger games tbh. I wasn't even aware they were considered medicore by some

I think people (mostly on rewiews) expected an RPG similar to the main series while this game is actually an arcade, so they complained about it. Well that's just my opinion of course.

Ranger 2 and 3 were a great experience. I would like to see more Ranger Games but sadly that's not happening.
​Ranger 1 seemed kinda odd with ist capture mechanic. Glad they changed it in Ranger 2.
​The Partner System in Ranger 3 was maybe the only flaw it had, especiially combined with the "Rage" Effect (not sure what it's really called; you know... when the pokemon get red and only your pokemon can "calm them down" again). You could just win battles with your pokemon only (exept for the one circle you would need to draw). I probably spent more time in the "Past" doing temple missions than actually doing story related stuff... Anyways, Ranger 2 and 3 were outstanding while Ranger 1 was kinda meh, but it was a good first step...

Ranger 2 and 3 were a great experience. I would like to see more Ranger Games but sadly that's not happening.

​Ranger 1 seemed kinda odd with ist capture mechanic. Glad they changed it in Ranger 2.

​The Partner System in Ranger 3 was maybe the only flaw it had, especiially combined with the "Rage" Effect (not sure what it's really called; you know... when the pokemon get red and only your pokemon can "calm them down" again). You could just win battles with your pokemon only (exept for the one circle you would need to draw). I probably spent more time in the "Past" doing temple missions than actually doing story related stuff... Anyways, Ranger 2 and 3 were outstanding while Ranger 1 was kinda meh, but it was a good first step...

I don't remember its name but yes, the rage thing is just something to force you on using something else than Pichu/Lati@s in battle while Almia had that "throw rocks all around the battlefield" or "I'll just put a gigantic barrier around me" that stops you from even thinking to touch the screen.

Ranger 1 had a lot of flaws even out from the capture mechanic, but still was a good title overall. As I can see almost everyone here is stating that Guardian Signs temple missions are the very best thing of the trilogy and I agree, too. I've had so much fun 2-playing them with my girlfriend.