The devs of Starbound and Stardew valley are apparently working on a FE-styled game

Maritisa

I hadn't seen any posts about it here, but, yeah. Title.

It's described a little more here, which is the url officially linked on the steam pages of both games' news feeds.

It's proposed to have full workshop modding compatibility, and also multiplayer, both of which get me really excited. It's described as "Fire Emblem meets Advance Wars" so we can expect to see a blend of mechanics from both in the basegame. But assuming its modding capacity is robust enough we could very well expect to see big things. It may end up becoming a new framework for fangame creation for all I know. The game also looks very pretty, but I'd expect no less from a dev team composed largely of artistic folks haha...

The main thing I'm excited for is what mods will be developed for this thing and that has me *hyped*. I'm hopeful that this game may turn into the outlet people have long needed for mechanical ideas regarding the series that were just too small (or even too ambitious!) to implement in a real and proper romhack. And, well, there's the fact it's proposed to be a multiplayer game, which means you can dick around with your friends using the mods you've made, too, which will probably motivate people even more to work with it... And so on and so forth and I'm just sounding like a broken record here.

This sounds really cool! Definitely hyped and will try to keep track of this.

Although I don't really like with how battles are more like in Advance Wars, but hey, it looks pretty good.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

They will make a big complicated game and let it stays in early access stage for 5 years and then released a buggy final version which has all of the cool features removed. Not to mention the artwork of their game gonna be as ugly as **** and some of the core features are wacky and totally unfriendly and people have to mod the game to oblivion to play it comfortably. And then the game gonna be subpar as most compared to years older games of the same kind. If it was the dev of Terraria then it gonna be more interesting. One word, meh.

Edited by Magical CC

This reminds me of Bahamut Lagoon to a certain extent.

Eh, not really. Pretty much the FE style of moving characters on each map to get them to fight or do something is the only similarity.

But it would be pretty cool if they added long range magic attacks that also have an effect on the environment, like freezing rivers, in the same way Bahamut Lagoon did it.

They will make a big complicated game and let it stays in early access stage for 5 years and then released a buggy final version which has all of the cool features removed. Not to mention the artwork of their game gonna be as ugly as **** and some of the core features are wacky and totally unfriendly and people have to mod the game to oblivion to play it comfortably. And then the game gonna be subpar as most compared to years older games of the same kind. If it was the dev of Terraria then it gonna be more interesting. One word, meh.

This is the most hilarious overreaction i've ever seen in terms of a game.

The 'one word' thing works better if it's not at the end of another 104 words. It's like, 16 seconds of film, lmao. And it's from people who've made other games, that have been received well.

Idk, try, like, not being pessimistic?

I think you're confusing these people for the star citizen devs, lol.

I think you simply dont know anything about the making of Starbound.

The 'one word' thing works better if it's not at the end of another 104 words. It's like, 16 seconds of film, lmao. And it's from people who've made other games, that have been received well.

Idk, try, like, not being pessimistic?

It's my opinion and you have no right to tell me to how to post so go eat a pizza or something, I dont care. Have fun.

Edited by Magical CC

Last I checked, Stardew Valley had glowing reviews. I thought it looked like a boring farm sim, so I didn't play it anyways, but your negativity seemingly came out of left field. Next time, you should elaborate more so we know just how bad it really was.

If you like Harvest Moon you'll love Stardew Valley its basically a huge tribute to that, along with some Rune Factory styled gameplay, it works just as well as those games, so if you like the genre (I happen to really like the Harvest Moon games). You'll be right at home.

Edited by Jedi The Red

It's my opinion and you have no right to tell me to how to post so go eat a pizza or something, I dont care. Have fun.

You obviously cared enough to make a reply. You are also posting in public. If you don't want posts like that, then think long and hard about what you're posting, and how it will come across. Even the most absolute free speech has consequences (not like SF is truly free speech, the CoC makes it pretty clear), and if you don't like those consequences, keep it to yourself.

lol

Anyway as someone who played Stardew Valley but not Harvest Moon/Rune Factory, it was fun and casual but not really my kind of thing. It's an Objectively Good Game though IMO and I reckon worth getting when it's next on a big sale. Looks relaxing but there's a pretty slow start and just kind of... a lack of obvious forward momentum, I guess?