I have some FE4 hacking questions

OliKad

Okay, so I have some questions regarding FE4 hacking, and some of them might be noob-ish, but anyway...

1- How can you make so that enemy-only weapons are droppable from an enemy? How could I add one into any unit's starting inventory?

2- How can I change the portrait of x character into y's portrait? (For example, giving Alvis's portrait to Sigurd's unit)

3- Is there a way to make so that sword skills can be used by any class and any weapon type?

I think that's it for now, thanks in advance! ^^

1. In Nightmare there's an option for that IIRC, though only 1 item per enemy may be dropped.

2. no idea, but shouldn't be hard.

3. Wait a sec and I'll dig up the trick. You will need an hex editor though.

EDIT: Go here (http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38844) to make sword skill freely inheritable and then use one of the Binary sword skills patches that you can get from http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39603&page=1. This last topic started by Lamia should be your refrence point for FE4 hacking.

I really need someone to teach me how to post links as single words, please :KnollRoll:

Edited by Koumal8

1. In Nightmare there's an option for that IIRC, though only 1 item per enemy may be dropped.

2. no idea, but shouldn't be hard.

3. Wait a sec and I'll dig up the trick. You will need an hex editor though.

EDIT: Go here (http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38844) to make sword skill freely inheritable and then use one of the Binary sword skills patches that you can get from http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39603&page=1. This last topic started by Lamia should be your refrence point for FE4 hacking.

I really need someone to teach me how to post links as single words, please :KnollRoll:

1- Yeah, there is something like that on Nightmare's interface. Should've figured this out by myself :P

3- I've found a link to the Sword Skill patch that you mentionned, but the link is dead :/

So I don't really know what to do now...

By the way, to make one-word links like you described, you simply need to put it like this:

[url=yourlink]the word you wanna use[/url]

It'll give you something like this!

2- How can I change the portrait of x character into y's portrait? (For example, giving Alvis's portrait to Sigurd's unit)

use the FE4 Portrait Pointer Editor contained in the nightmare bundle

the game uses headers to determine the portrait used, and they're all in character number order

in my FE4 stuff topic there's a link to something called FE4tools, the swordskills folder has what you need

Edited by Lamia

use the FE4 Portrait Pointer Editor contained in the nightmare bundle

the game uses headers to determine the portrait used, and they're all in character number order

in my FE4 stuff topic there's a link to something called FE4tools, the swordskills folder has what you need

Lovely! Only thing is, all the read me files are in garbled text, but that's probably because it was in Japanese, so whatever :P

And maybe one of the other patches included will be of some help too! Thanks for the help Lamia! ^^

Thanks for the help too hanhnn, but I do not want to insert a new portrait, at least, not yet ;)

Now all I need to know is how to make enemy-only weapons useable by Seliph's army...