• Nihilego
    • Buzzwole
    • Pheromosa
    • Xurkitree
    • Celesteela
    • Kartana
    • Guzzlord
    • Necrozma

What do you guys think of them? They get really high stats and having it really low in something. Buzzwole seems pretty cool to me, but it's poor Sp.Def leaves something to be desired. It's counterpart, Pheromosa has the speed and offenses that Mewtwo has, but it's as frail as paper. So...it has to be heavily planned to have it KO so it doesn't leave a huge dent in it's health bar. Come to think of it...Deoxys Attk functions the same way. But...it is a problem with Priority moves which'll seriously hurt them in the long run. -.- Nihilego leaves a huge dent on the Physical side. It'll need Reflect, Wonder Room and Double Team more than anything. Honestly, Deceieye and Primera would be better options as they are way bulkier and can afford to fool around with stat boosting moves and screens. Xurkitree seems decent to use as it's stats spread is overall no fault in anything and can get Tail Glow. Someone to use competitively like the Tapu trio. Celesteela has no access to any recovery moves but Leech Seed as Smogon reports it to be a drainer along with Toxic. But aside from low longevity options...it gets a decent stat spread like Skarmory. But cannot set up floor Spikes like Skarmory can. Kartana has bad Sp.Def but a good movepool and resistances while only Fight and Fire Specials can easily own it. Bad HP too. Guzzlord leaves a great choice for it's HP being as high as Blissey's. But it's bad defenses make it less candidate than Blissey, Chansey. Necrozma has it all...but it's greatest move loses a turn when used when it is a pretty cool move to probably watch. But...it's likely going to be banned to Ubers for it's Prism Armor ability with it able to further stack with an Assault Vest. My favorite is hard to tell from either Buzzwole, or Necrozma. I'd have to go with Necrozma for it being a reminder of the Space Pirates in Metroid.

Any words about them and how and why you like them?

Edited by PuffPuff

Pretty much all of them are amazing in some way.

Buzzwole is tanky as hell and hits like a truck, Pheromosa is guaranteed to kill something if its super effective plus its a pivot, Nihilego is a weird type and stats, but can set up Rocks and deal good damage, Xurkitree is powerful as hell, and has good enough bulk that a midrange neutral attack or two would allow for Tail Glow (Also Z-Hypnosis is a thing), Celesteela can go to hell for being a royal pain in my ass (aka being extremely good), and Kartana has some nice physial bulk, and a very high damage output.

Guzzlord kinda sucks though. Not much going for it, and Hydreigon does the typing more justice.

Also, Necrozma actually is not an Ultra Beast. It's just a Legendary. I mean, technically it is in the context of the game, but so are Solgaleo and Lunaala, so if you want to classify Necrozma as an UB, those would need to be there too.

It's also not the best stat wise, and mostly just works as a great Rocks user. I love the thing to death, but it's not going to Ubers. Its probably going to end up in UU or OU.

Celesteela - Pretty cool and interesting mon. The idea here is gf experimented with a very non standard design of "its a steel but also a grass" and did it a better justice than Dhelmise approach.

Pheromosa - FUCKING MIN MAX MONSTROSITY aside, its pretty broken, but actually pretty terrible as well. I'd say Pheromosa is by far the most overrated pokemon in this gen because people hypes it up to ridiculous degree when its actually terrible in the "actual" game.

Buzzhole - Its design is so comical i can't help but like it.

Xurkitree - This is literally Tapu Koko with -60 Speed

Kartana - Somebody at gamefreak probably love Durant so much that 2 gens later they decided to copy paste it and turn it into folding paper

Guzzlord - HOW DID GAMEFREAK MANAGE TO CREATE SOMETHING THIS TERRIBLE. The funniest thing about Guzzlord is really the fact that its HP - DEF - SPD distribution is actually done respectably well(its bulkier than Toxapex/Skarmory), its the typing and ability that become the source of most of its problem

Design wise, i think i must say UB overall are disapointing. The way the game hypes it up as a super epic OMG bossfight is one thing that builds up so much hype back in pre SM release. While they do get this -to an extent- with the totem boost, it remains one of the more disapointing hype that never got around to be true in the end. I do love how otherwordly they looks though.

Not sure if Necrozma really counts as UB, but Necrozma as it is now is literally just a worse Mew. Kinda funny since Mew is murdered by nerf atm

Xurkitree, mainly because of how silly it looks.

I really like both UB-04's and Nihilego as well.

Also, if Necrozma counts, the entire Cosmog line counts as well.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

All the Ultra Beasts have stats and learn moves at prime numbers, just like Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma. Cosmog and Cosmoem evolve at prime numbers as well. Lastly, the Ultra Beasts, Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma all have a metallic sound towards the end of their cries. I think that cements the legendaries as Ultra Beasts, though they're obviously different for some reason.

There's nothing I want more out of the next Pokémon game than for it to be based in Alola again and delve deeper into the mystery of the Ultra Beasts. They just have so much potential.

Voted for Kartana -- it's tiny and a complete feather-weight, but it hits like a truck; 181 base Attack is nothing to sneeze at on top of having respectable base Defense and a competitive Speed tier. Not bad for a tiny origami samurai mon.

I do like Celesteela, it's basically like a giant bamboo rocket ship girl. And of course, we can't forget about Nebby Cosmog.

I love pretty much all of them but you may as well call me Lusamine since I adore my Nihilego. Thing is a great offensive hazard setter if you wanna go that route competitively and it also makes for a good glass cannon since it has just enough speed to outspeed Garchomp and Grass Knot can take care of a lot of the ground types that threaten it. I mean it's no Pheramosa which is absolutely ridiculous thanks to it's outrageous speed, movepool and offensive stats but I think Nihilego is the best without being overpowered and it's super fun to use.

Buzzwole, because I love muscles, but in this case I find it funny instead of sexy.

Also speaking of Phermosa, it's hilariously ironic that the first Pokemon based on a cockroach is one that is known to be extremely beautiful, extremely clean and a neat freak.

Edited by Water Mage

60ggfp.gif

*Giggle*

This is wonderful. I've got an Impish natured one with maximum Def IV as well as a careful natured along with Speed Buzzwoles. :3

This is the Ultra Beast I really wanted along with Necrozma. Pictures will come shortly. Without Necrozma...Buzzwole would otherwise be my utmost favorite. Had to breed some Sycranise Abras before I could go on the Ultra Beast hunt.

Edited by PuffPuff

I like the ultra beasts, but I still could't help but feel a little dissapointed by them. I found them a bit similar to the ba'als from bravely second. Strange otherworldy creatures who are always presented as a threat, but both don't show up in the story nearly as much as they should.

Nihiligo is my favourite of the bunch thanks to its weird powers and its unintentional impact on the plot. It fits the weird and strange aura around them. Kartana and tree guy are also good for their quirky behaviour.

It's the evil of the Parasite(Nihilgo's) infection is what caused everything to happen in this game.

Making this one of the best stories of any generation other than V.

Edited by PuffPuff

Guzzlord could've been my favorite, the idea of a pokemon that can devour everything is just so awesome. But... he is just so comical looking.

I'd say Nihilego and Pheromosa because... you know, the minor resemblance with two very minor NPCs.

There's Xurkithree, but it's Guzma so I don't care. :D

Could Necrozma be considered an Ultra Beast though ? Bah, no matter, he's cool enough.

I like the ultra beasts, but I still could't help but feel a little dissapointed by them. I found them a bit similar to the ba'als from bravely second. Strange otherworldy creatures who are always presented as a threat, but both don't show up in the story nearly as much as they should.

At least they didn't go 'Lul, they are the embodiment of the feelings of a character we never seen before, nor care about', all the while creating craptons of plotholes and retcons'. After years of better theories coming from the fans... bah.
You guys feels that I'm salty about the Ba'als ?

Edited by B.Leu