In An Alternate Universe...

Randoman

On 2/3/2018 at 7:46 PM, Dragoncat said:

This universe must have humans existing earlier as well. In our universe, the first human was billions of years after the last dinosaur. And I see! I don't think I've heard of that show.

In an alternate universe where birds are the dominant race/species...

Oops. Right. I didn't actually realize that talking about human eating metallids is kind of ridiculous if I make their extinction coincide with the dinosaurs. I mean, how can we know they would have eaten humans if they're extinct before humans existed?

As for the Mr. Young, it wasn't exactly a popular TV show (at least compared to shows like Family Matters or Cory in the House). It lasted for 3 seasons and it was aired on the Disney channel and YTV.

Anyways, to continue your alternate universe: all buildings and structures in that universe are made like birds nests. So skyscrapers, bridges, and even statues are made completely of twigs, mud, and saliva. Despite that, they're actually quite structurally sound and sturdy. Well, at least for bird bodies. Heavy animals like bears and humans (humans are feral in that universe) tend to unintentionally destroy the bird's buildings due to their sheer weight. Birds have lately remedied this in the past decade by spraying bird poop near the bases of their buildings so that the unattractive odour would shoo away non-birds (who have put their building entrances on the 2nd floor and above, so only birds can access it without being subject to bird poo smell).

In an alternate universe, there exists reverse diseases, which...

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... provide temporary superpowers to people. For instance, there is the flight flu, which if you catch it you can then fly while having the disease. There are a wide variety, such as telekinesisitis, fire pox, waterbreath flu, and so on. But of course, they are only temporary (they can last from days to weeks), and the body tends to develop immunities after catching them.

In another dimension, instead of sleeping in beds...

is typically a dessert food, rather than a main course. One of the more common pizzas is apple pie pizza, which has apple slices, apple sauce, and icing on it. There's also ice cream pizzas with chocolate crust, ice cream as the sauce, and cookie chunks. One of the newest pizzas that have come out are fruit salad pizzas, which have the typical fruit salad ingredients in the middle (cherries, pineapple, peaches, and condensed milk), plus strawberry flavoured crust. It's the healthiest pizza out there, at least compared to the other pizza options that are available to choose from.

In an alternate universe, instead of snow and ice forming in extremely cold temperatures...

It doesn't form at all because this universe never has temperatures below 70 degrees farenheit. Temperatures can get really hot in this universe and its inhabitants are built to be able to survive that, but if it gets cold enough to make ice, they'd be long dead.

In an alternate universe, a popular TV game show that doesn't exist in our universe is...

Weaponize It!, where people well learned in electronics and machinery go to a metal junkyard, form teams, the host provides and picks an object that the teams weaponize (eg: an electric fan, an old computer monitor, a lamp, a vacuum). After 3 hours of weaponizing the item, two robots then wield the weapons (the teams control the robots and the robots are provided by the TV show host) and whichever team puts the other robot out of commission first wins. Though it remains a rather controversial show, people's attempts to shut down the show didn't work, due to there being no human violence and no biological beings being harmed at all during the episodes.

In an alternate universe, fast food restaurants...

15 hours ago, Randoman said:

Weaponize It!, where people well learned in electronics and machinery go to a metal junkyard, form teams, the host provides and picks an object that the teams weaponize (eg: an electric fan, an old computer monitor, a lamp, a vacuum). After 3 hours of weaponizing the item, two robots then wield the weapons (the teams control the robots and the robots are provided by the TV show host) and whichever team puts the other robot out of commission first wins. Though it remains a rather controversial show, people's attempts to shut down the show didn't work, due to there being no human violence and no biological beings being harmed at all during the episodes.

I want to be on that game show!

...are places with live animals that customers chase down and kill and present to the cook. You have to be fast to get your food, hence "fast food".

In an alternate universe, alcoholic beverages...

cause much more damage to people's bodies in a shorter time span than the alcohol in this universe. As a result, it was outlawed and considered a heavy crime to possess/drink alcohol, even back in the Egyptian times. Due to this, there's actually a crime ring that originated back in Egyptian times and spanned until the 1800s called "the red water tribe" (Egyptians called wine/alcohol "red water" in that universe, due to most alcoholic drinks being red there), that mainly focused on the smuggling of alcohol. It died down in the 1800s due to thorough scientific studies showing just how dangerous even one drink can be to both the brain and the liver, and many red water tribe members being dissuaded from their drinking habits as a result. There are still alcohol smugglers to this day in that universe, though they fight a battle they're heavily losing, due to technology there making alcohol scanning possible, making it next to impossible to get away with being drunk or even possessing alcohol in public without being arrested.

In an alternate universe, a staple food that exists there that doesn't exist here is...

...Sugary snacks. People in that universe are reversed in terms of what's healthy and what's not. To them, vegetables are very unhealthy and fats and sweets are very healthy.

In an alternate universe, where cats have their own internet...

cats use the internet a lot in order to communicate with mice/rats, trick them into thinking they're also mice/rats based on their online profiles, lure them into meetings in real life, and eat them. Although mice/rats have tried to implement laws to make such activity illegal, all attempts at doing this has failed, due to all non-mice/rat species being against those laws and humans, dogs, cats, and even insects being against mice/rats in general. Mice/rats are still as big of pests in that universe as they are in this universe, even with most animals in that universe having an intellect as smart as that of a human's.

In an alternate universe, instead of Disney being the biggest name in movies and animation...

9 hours ago, Randoman said:

cats use the internet a lot in order to communicate with mice/rats, trick them into thinking they're also mice/rats based on their online profiles, lure them into meetings in real life, and eat them. Although mice/rats have tried to implement laws to make such activity illegal, all attempts at doing this has failed, due to all non-mice/rat species being against those laws and humans, dogs, cats, and even insects being against mice/rats in general. Mice/rats are still as big of pests in that universe as they are in this universe, even with most animals in that universe having an intellect as smart as that of a human's.

Poor things! Mice and rats have a bad rap, they didn't actually start the Black Plague, it was a result of unsanitary conditions otherwise. I want a pet rat too! I think they're cute.

...It is the biggest name in music because it sponsored a lot of popular music artists from a young age.

In an alternate universe, a popular animated movie from the 90s that doesn't exist here is...

On 2/12/2018 at 8:29 AM, Dragoncat said:

Poor things! Mice and rats have a bad rap, they didn't actually start the Black Plague, it was a result of unsanitary conditions otherwise. I want a pet rat too! I think they're cute.

In an alternate universe, a popular animated movie from the 90s that doesn't exist here is...

Sorry. I was just trying to think up an alternate universe that would stray from the typical cat memes. I thought up the idea of cats using the internet to lure and eat mice (I mean, eating mice is one of the traits cats are most well known for), and let things roll from there. I'm not an active mice/rat hater or anything like that.

Manastasia, which is very similar to the movie Anastasia in this universe, but with all the character genders reversed. Aside from Manastasia, other main cast members are Dimitrette and Rasputina. In that universe, Disney beat out 20th Century Fox in making a movie of the classic story of Manastasia. Manastasia also happens to be one of the most popular Disney Princes in that universe, beating out fan favourites such as Eric, Kuzco, and even Mannie. Even the epic low pitched version of "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow" wasn't enough for Mannie to beat out Manastasia in popularity.

In an alternate universe, some characters that are "memed" in that universe that aren't in this universe are...

16 minutes ago, Randoman said:

Sorry. I was just trying to think up an alternate universe that would stray from the typical cat memes. I thought up the idea of cats using the internet to lure and eat mice (I mean, eating mice is one of the traits cats are most well known for), and let things roll from there. I'm not an active mice/rat hater or anything like that.

I didn't think you were, no worries!

Sain and Gatrie. They are known as "save a horse ride a cavalier" and "knight in pervy armor" and are captioned with captions that describe their bad luck with women/womanizing tendencies. FE is much more popular in that universe.

In an alternate universe where dogs can talk like humans...

they tend to shout out whatever they smell at that particular moment. That trait comes in very useful when it comes to dogs doing jobs such as search & rescue, drug detection, and airport security. Though when it comes to things like weddings or going into washrooms, you may not want to bring dogs anywhere close to them since things get very awkward.

In an alternate universe, a food group (eg: milk products, meat) that exists in that universe that doesn't exist in this universe is...

Sweets. The compound for glucose cannot be formed in the universe. When try to combine it, it simply becomes water and carbon dioxyde.

In a different universe, a common food that helps deal with a cold is...

bread, since the starchy yet soft and flexible structure of bread make it ideal for absorbing sickness causing germs, so that when the bread... erm... "exits" the body... so does a lot of the germs. The digestive system in humans is significantly different in that universe than in our universe, hence why the bread absorbing germs process works so much better than it does in our universe.

In an alternate universe, diamonds...

Along with gold, were never found in South Africa. This would mean that the English wouldn't dominate that area. In fact, South Africa didn't have any resources that were in demand because of the Industrial Revolution, thus making colonizing South Africa pointless. Aside from that, South Africa becomes like other third wolrd countries, except for the constant struggles between the Zulu and the Boers.

In an alternate universe, a mythology that doesn't exist here that does there is...

The cat gods and the dog gods. This universe has cats and dogs as the two dominant races and in ancient times gods such as Pardo, the panther god of ice, were worshipped.

In an alternate universe, The Lion King...

Is actually a documentary on an alien planet which is just Earth but without humans and the animals can speak like humans. However this is just a small portion the planet's history, as when The Lion King takes place is equivalent to the Dark Ages in Europe. 

In an alternate universe, a species that exists there that doesn't here is...

virtulaeeds: which are like doves but with blood red eyes, horns like a bull, and tails and spines like lizards. They're around 2 feet tall, and ironically mainly eat seeds, fruits, and other plant based foods, despite their fierce appearance making them look like carnivores. Their interaction with humans is one of their most distinguishing traits: they bear gifts of edible seeds and fruits to humans with pure enough hearts, will ignore the average person (unless the person intrudes on their nest or interrupts them during eating), and will attack humans with evil enough hearts by diving towards the person and stabbing them with their horns. In ancient times, and even the present day times, they have been used by Christians to choose worthy religious leaders and priests, and except in cases of mental illnesses developing in the virtulaeeds' chosen, they have never been wrong in who they deem to be good leaders.

In an alternate universe, instead of Disney and Dreamworks being the most popular animated movie makers...

There is none, because animated movies and TV series never really took off. Instead, live action shows and soap operas became popular; and just like how anime is popular in this universe, J-Drama is popular there too.

In an alternate universe, teachers...

were the most respected people of the world. Not only would they teach in classes, they would also teach people how to eat, how to dress up, how to properly walk (Or even how to unproperly walk) and how to sleep confortably. They are a popular career path that many would take.

In a different universe, couches and sofas would...

Often be seen as creatures who would suck all of your will. This is popularly believed on an island in Oceania where they somehow managed to avoid being colonized during the age of Imperialism. These people believe in the eight demons: Cruelty, Wrath, Greed, Envy, Pride, Lust, Sloth, and Gluttony. Couches, sofas, and other seats that are made to be comfortable are seen as agents of the demon of Sloth in disguise and they only buy these things to destroy and "cleanse" them of their demonic heritage.

In an alternate universe, instead of Fire Emblem becoming popular after Awakening...

Never was the "I-want-to-be-the-Emperor-and-all-peasants-are-below-me!" archetype. Instead, he actually assisted Alm with stopping Rigel from invading Zofia. He's not the first person to try to help the Deliverance, they all have been found and killed by Duma's followers. Berkut, by the end of the story, just barely manages to escape with his and Rinea's life. He and Rinea never become playable units however.

In an alternate universe, Porcupines...