In An Alternate Universe...

Randoman

have very ticklish hairs on their back, instead of spines. As a self-defense mechanism, they rub their ticklish hairs to tickle whatever animal is threatening them, then run away. It's actually very effective, especially on animals larger than themselves. Sadly, this technique is ineffective against the razor-tooth tortoise, due to their shell rendering them very resistant (but not immune) to the porcupine's ticklish hairs. As a result, the razor-tooth tortoise is the biggest threat to porcupines. Though lately, due to humans over-hunting the tortoises for their shells and teeth (those two are the equivalent of diamonds in our universe, in terms of being the hardest material available), the porcupine population has gone way too high to the point of being a threat to the environment's balance.

In an alternate universe, sinks and taps differ from our universe in that...

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Water doesn't come out of them, instead liquid methane does. Liquid methane is the "water" in this universe and is what all life requires to survive.

In an alternate universe where hurricanes are named after video game characters...

Dragon care! This universe has dragons as bond creatures and everybody gets paired with a newly hatched dragon upon graduating high school. They are then required to go to college at least until they complete the course on caring for their new dragon, and after that they can pick whether they want to further their education or not. (if you don't want to live in this universe, there must be something wrong with you, we can't be friends xD)

In an alternate universe where unicorns actually exist...

Edited by Dragoncat

George Washington and Abraham Lincoln would alternate terms every 4 years.  And the number of vampires and werewolves crossing into our borders would be under tight regulation.

In an alternate universe where women outnumbered men 9 to 1 . . .

The only way anyone would have a chance at getting a boyfriend would be to become part of some oblivious guy’s harem, and be a tsundere to increase your chances of being noticed. Harem anime/manga, and anything with love triangles would not be popular, since it would be too close to real life, and therefore boring.

In an alternate universe where vampires exist...

They used to live all over the world and did not drink blood, but were pretty much humans with fangs who lived in tribal "packs" and did hunt with their fangs. One psychopath did kill people though and would drink their blood, so armies of humans pushed vampires into the farthest reaches of the world and a lot still do view them as monsters.

In an alternate universe where MEN outnumber WOMEN 9 to 1...

...romance and relationships are far less prevalent and popular, and instead more "manly" versions of things from this universe are implemented in that universe. This includes:

-"Man"-astasia (think the animated movie Anastasia in this universe, but with all character genders reversed)

-"Man"-nie (just imagine "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow" sung by a really manly orphan with a red afro and suit, and there you go)

-"Man" of Green Gables (the story about a farm boy and his friends' misadventures at the University of Green Gables)

-"Men"-chanted (think Disney's Enchanted, but with all the men being enhanced with magical powers)

-"Men"-ter the Dragon (think Enter the Dragon the movie from this universe, but with the entire cast being male and there being no romance)

-"Man"-tz (see above, except replace Enter the Dragon with Antz)

-"Man"-telopes (essentially antelopes, but with human male faces)

...someone needs to ban my imagination priviledges. Seriously...

In an alternate universe, a body part that humans have in that universe that they don't in this universe is/are...

(please keep your next post G-Rated, since I feel like this one might get really out of hand otherwise)

It would be much harder for guys to get a girlfriend, so they’d need to put more effort into being the most attractive to impress them. The result? BISHIES EVERYWHERE. 

...and more importantly, I might actually not be single!

best alternate universe ever XD 

In an alternate universe where trees only grow indoors...

edit:

Ninja’d, sorry. I can’t think of a reply to yours at the moment, so the next person can answer that instead of mine

Edited by ShadowAlchemist

3 minutes ago, Randoman said:

...romance and relationships are far less prevalent and popular, and instead more "manly" versions of things from this universe are implemented in that universe. 

Then how is babby formed *shot* I mean if there's no romance, how does anyone know who their father is? LOL

Body part that doesn't exist here: people have wings on their heads, but they're not used for flying, they're used for courtship like peacocks and turkeys use their tail feathers. Flirting typically involves fluffing out those wings while putting on a "come hither" expression. This is actually my headcanon for the high entia in Xenoblade 1 lol.

Trees growing indoors: they grow out of carpet, not dirt. It's not uncommon to have to spray chemicals to keep the seeds from cottonwoods from sprouting in the carpet in your house in the summer. Carpet also used to form naturally outside until it was overharvested. So now people are trying to figure out how to get carpet to form again so they don't have to build houses just for trees.

In an alternate universe where the Europeans never colonized the Americas...

8 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Then how is babby formed *shot* I mean if there's no romance, how does anyone know who their father is? LOL

In an alternate universe where the Europeans never colonized the Americas...

Eh... I didn't really want to cover the whole baby issue since I generally don't like straying past G or PG rated material in my post content. Well, I suppose I should've at least added something about the human population being much lower than in this universe, but the human population still expanding slowly but surely.

...the First Nations people of the Americas had no access to electricity like Europe did. Instead, they've developed very intricate rube goldberg machines that used things like wind and water to power fish catching machines, animal traps, sewing "machines", and other ingenious devices. Sure, they're technologically inferior to Europe, but the "technology of the Americas" is much more environmentally friendly, and it keeps nature more intact by not polluting the earth with chemicals and not poisoning plants and animals with foreign substances. Their equivalent of "video games" is also much more amusing than you'd think, with them luring squirrels from tree to tree with acorns that pop up "whack-a-mole" style and are manually controlled with ropes, and the player trying to get the squirrel to make it to the end of "levels" with only the end acorn being eaten.

In an alternate universe, a common household chore that exists there that doesn't exist here is...

Picking up dragon poop because everybody in that universe has bond dragons.

In an alternate universe where humans are mobile from birth like horses and a lot of other animals...

...people have invented the "omni-directional" baby treadmill to keep their babies safe. Even though babies in that universe have sturdier skin and bones (as a result of their better mobility and needing the extra durability to handle the damage they could cause themselves from their mobility), many parents opt to buy and keep their babies in one in order to prevent them from getting into areas they shouldn't (like washrooms and kitchens). I mean, a baby being durable and tough enough (to make their mobility not damage them severely) doesn't change the fact that them playing with/in toilet bowls or them getting close to knives, electric appliances, or hot surfaces is something that should be prevented.

In an alternate universe, animal pets that are very popular in that universe that are rarely/never kept as pets in this universe include...

Poisonous snakes and scorpions. People in this universe are immune to venom from snakes and scorpions, and said pets often bite and sting to show their affection to their owners. They also have a reversed view on what's "cute" and what's hideous and gross. Things like cats, dogs, rabbits etc are hideous and gross looking to them.

In an alternate universe where centaurs exist and are the dominant species...

The events of Boss Baby are pretty much real life. Babies have careers and live pretty much like adults do, only they can't reproduce of course. If a baby couple wants a child, they go to the magic tree and put a teething ring on a branch. If the Stork, the bird god who they worship, deems them worthy parents, it will replace the teething ring with a new baby. Nobody steals babies they didn't request themselves from the tree because the Stork will smite them with lightning.

In an alternate universe, puppies...

are replaced by Red Pandas for one of the top pets. In this universe,  the Domestic Red Panda is a domesticated species of the wild Red Panda. The only difference between them is that Domestic Red Pandas are like our Red Pandas in that they're lovers not fighters, while wild Red Pandas are more fighters than lovers.

In an alternate universe, Yume Nikki...

(Yayyy I’m not the only one who’s heard of it! :) )

...is the most popular, best-selling game of all time. However, the dream worlds are considered less strange, since it’s what the real world is like there. The manga is considered slice-of-life genre.

In an alternate universe, Fullmetal Alchemist...

Is a highly influential on modern pop culture, especially here in the West. Edward is seen as a model for those who are disabled, since he is disabled. There are references sprinkled here and there in movies, shows, music, and books.

In an alternate universe, Billy Joel...

...there's sadly a significant amount of "evil magical girl" groups that abuse their power for personal gain. Although the "good to evil" magical girl ratio is 3 to 1, there's a lot of paperwork and legalities to go through in order to be a magical girl without getting in trouble with the authorities. There's also a portion of the public that distrusts magical girls in general, but thankfully there's far more people who trust/accept magical girls than are paranoid of them.

...meanwhile, due to males not having a magical girl equivalent, they start a movement called "manimism" which is almost like feminism in this universe, except it's with males instead of females. I guess males are just jealous of women in that universe since they have the potential for magical powers and men don't. Though "manimism" does bring up a valid point, in regards to males being a bigger target to evil magical girls since males in that universe are completely incapable of magic powers and are unable to defend themselves from evil magical girls completely.

In an alternate universe, salad...