contributions from parents to child stat

Van-Fanel

Hi everyone

I try to understand the formula that gives tha contributions from the parents to child stat when we recruit them but some things are still unclear for me.

In this formula on the website :

Child’s Level 10 + N stats = Class base stats + [Child’s absolute base stats + (N x Child’s full growth rates); define the value inside these square bracket as “C”] + {[(Father’s personal stats – C; 0 if negative) + (Mother’s personal stats – C; 0 if negative)] / 4; cannot be higher than (C/10) +2 rounded down}

The parents personnal stat correspond to the displayed stat ? or the displayed stat minus some class depending-stat ? or something else ?

And because the children stat depends on the cheld full growth rate :

The childrens’ full growth rates = (Variable parent’s growth rates + Child’s growth rates) / 2 + Class growth rates

The variable parents growth rates is the one from the father or the mother ? or the average of the 2 ? or something else ?

Thank you in advance for answering these questions.

Hi everyone

I try to understand the formula that gives tha contributions from the parents to child stat when we recruit them but some things are still unclear for me.

In this formula on the website :

The parents personnal stat correspond to the displayed stat ? or the displayed stat minus some class depending-stat ? or something else ?

And because the children stat depends on the cheld full growth rate :

The variable parents growth rates is the one from the father or the mother ? or the average of the 2 ? or something else ?

Thank you in advance for answering these questions.

To answer your second question: Variable parent is whichever parent is not their canon parent, for most, it will be the mother, but for Shigure and male Kana, it will be the father.

For the first question, I have less confidence, but I think it's just whatever the parents' stats are minus whatever they have from their class bases, someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there.

From personal experiments I can tell you that the level of the parents affect the bases of the child more than how above average an stat is. For instance, at chapter 19 if you were to get a level 20/2 Forrest, he'd get more magic and speed coming from a Level 35 Felicia than a Level 19-20 unpromoted Nyx even if Nyx had more magic.

The growths of a father no longer affects the child, only the mother's is calculated. This is to prevent situations like Owain in Awakening, who suffered by because of his mother and his own offensive growths contradicting.

This is to prevent situations like Owain in Awakening, who suffered by because of his mother and his own offensive growths contradicting.

Actually, I think this was more so that the children were morevariable in growth rates. Averaging all 3 character growths = less variation than averaging just 2

I have my own question about the formula. On the stat formula, what does the end part mean? Is +2 part of the formula even if the stat is not higher than (C/10)?

In short: it means a child cannot get more than a 3 point bonus in bases of any given stat.

Edit: Actually, it can be 4 if the child is recruited late enough, at around chapter 23-24 or beyond.

Edited by SalShich10N

Thanks for the replies.

@ SalShich10N > The parents contribution don't depend on chapter, but only depend on the stat of the parent, is'nt it ?

yes but under the assumption there's no excessive grinding, parents' lvls will somewhat scale with story. and even then it's not parents' lvls that matter but their actual stats (so a really blessed unit is best ofc)

So, just for more clarification, are growth rates in this formula the individual (excluding class) or effective (including class) growth rates?

It excludes class growths, so you look up the base growths here: hoshido and nohr.