Em Does Sketches

Emerson

I've been drawing for pretty much my whole life. I've been working on my art more and more as of recently, and I'm kinda wanting to expand it a bit more and share my art.

Any critiques or criticism would be appreciated.

Anyways...

hwh3JtT.png66L2GUD.png

Sketch and Lineart versions of my current avi. I'm not up for showing the current state of it, but in due time...

0ilXGVy.png

Another WIP. Shantae has been a bit of a lowkey favorite of mine for a long time, and I recently finished Risky's Revenge, so I decided to draw her since 1/2 Genie Hero came out around the same time too.

The face looks a bit weird on the left as I made some messy changes and haven't had time to clean them up.

I might just redo this whole thing though, as I'm unsatisfied with most of it.

6UsYSyS.pngGP1jxzL.png

A few things from the Emerald Draft topic. And yes, I know the shading on Shedinja is extremely spotty and the outline would probably be better in black. I probably won't go back and fix it, but I know it's there.

The left Barboach was from memory, and I just did a quick coloring.

I have 1 or 2 pencil sketches that I want to show, but I don't really have time to scan those atm.

Edited by Emerson

I love the pokemon, especially the Gardevoir. It will be nice to see the full picture.

The girl, she seems a bit thick, for lack of a better word. It's hard to place, but maybe narrowing her neck or face might be in order. Of course, if that's what you're going for, that's okay.

You may want to make Shantae's index finger slightly longer, it's a bit shorter than the pinky, right now. And you may want to flex the thumb a tad less, if you have your index finger fully extended, it's hard to flex the thumb around the other fingers completely.

It's great to see more fellow artists pop up! The main criticism or area of improvement are probably hands. Don't worry, they're probably the hardest part of the human body to draw so it take a lot of practice to be good at it.

I went ahead and drew a reference of how Shantae's hand can be improved!

hand_zpsbhoxsbf9.png

The common thing I notice with how you draw hands is that the fingers are either a bit too large or too small in proportion to the palm. If some of the fingers are curled, then the fingers that are extending out should be longer and more pronounced in comparison.

Edited by carefreejules

• 3 weeks later...

Hands are hard and references are always useful -nod nod- how would I ever draw anything without references lol /shot

The picture with Gardevoir/Spinda/trainer is cute, I like it

• 3 months later...

Some P5 and Pokemon sketches.

LsQgpLr.jpg

yGMpv0b.jpg

uo294qb.jpg

Mawile with long hair looks better to me, and I think it fits better with it's origin this way.

This one's a little blurry and light, so I might redo it a little and try and get a better picture/actually scan it, but overall I'm happy with how it looks.

yE6b7bk.jpg

It's a Gardevoir Gijinka, if it's too tough to see properly. I don't normally do those but I said, "why not," and gave it a shot.

Edited by Emerson

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bored, update time. Just 1 thing I have to show.

Drew Tsareena from a random number being picked, and this is the result. I cleaned it up a bit after I took this picture, but overall this is the best quality picture of it I have.

X0iazKX.jpg

I'm definitely gonna draw more 'mons and post 'em. I basically roll 1d802 (Digitally, obviously) to see which Pokemon to draw (Or ask in Discord for a number 1 through 802), and roll again for forms/formes.

Also, @KnightOfNohr, apologies for the month late reply. I got it from the Sprite Assembly thread in SF's Heroes' subforum. Thank you again, BANYRU (Even if you'll never see this).

• 3 months later...