FE7 - Help with Blazer's "Variable Effectiveness Hack"?

FionordeQuester

First off, this is a hack that Blazer says will help me to change the Effectiveness Coefficient for all weapons. I'm digging around with FE7 as my very first attempt at hacking, and wish to change the values back to 3x (like in the Japanese version). However, I don't believe I was able to follow his instructions correctly; I got confused at the very end.

So, here is where the "Variable Effectiveness Hack" can be found...

http://feuniverse.us/t/random-hacks-by-blazer-ryrumeli/228

And here's what I did for the 1st Copy and Paste...

Screenshot%202017-01-10%2000.32.34.png

Screenshot.png

And here's what I did for the 2nd Copy and Paste...

Screenshot%202017-01-10%2000.36.02.png

Screenshot%202017-01-10%2000.36.24.png

Assuming that that's what I was supposed to do (and I'm still not sure it was), I then got stuck on this part...

The, at 0x28B4C in your ROM, change the word (4 bytes) there to be a pointer to the location of your ASM hack. Right now it's set to "01 DC BC 09" which is 0x09BCDC01. Note that you HAVE TO ADD 1 TO THE OFFSET OF YOUR HACK WHEN POINTING TO IT. This is really important or else the game won't read it in Thumb mode.

For example, if you put your hack at 0xD5A000, you would add 0x08000000 to that to get 0x08D5A000, then reverse the order of the bytes using little endian to make it 00 A0 D5 08, then type that at 0x28B4C.

Save your ROM in your hex editor and then try the hack. Nothing should have changed. If it did, you messed up. (Or I guess I could've, but the hack itself has been tested to work, so meh.)

So, first of all, I don't know what "Little Endian" is. It seems to me like all you have to do is an "08" to wherever you put your value (so in my case; "FFFEB0" would become "08B0FEFF"), and then paste that into the same place that I pasted "01DCBC09"...but I'm not confident.

Am I on the right track so far?

Edited by FionordeQuester