Fire Emblem Warriors confirmed.

Jedi

I'm NOT saying that they can't have characters from those titles and market them. Not at all! I was actually kinda glad that Chrom, the "main" lord of Awakening, actually got some spotlight at long last.

What I'm frustrated at is that they seem to be doing that to the exclusion of everything else; we all know what a sizable part of TMS' failure stems from.

Dude you're over reacting to a minute long teaser.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude you're over reacting to a minute long teaser.

Yep. Shows how whiplash hype can be.

It's just... all the signs are there. We know how TMS turned out in that department.

It's hard to have any faith in IS outside of mainline series gameplay these days.

Edited by The DanMan

Well well, they did the obvious, unlike what I thought.

Well played Koei

I feel the same way. I mean, I could feel it, but I was still curious if it was something else.

Now we can start schooling these young'uns in the ways of muous

It's just... all the signs are there. We know how TMS turned out in that department.

It's hard to have any faith in IS outside of mainline series gameplay these days.

Then wait and see. Keyword being "wait".

I, for one, was perfectly happy with how TMS worked out. If FE Warriors is half as fun as TMS, it's a win in my books.

Then wait and see. Keyword being "wait".

I, for one, was perfectly happy with how TMS worked out. If FE Warriors is half as fun as TMS, it's a win in my books.

I'm cooling down now.

But I think you know perfectly what I mean about TMS. There's scary precedence here, and though I'm not going to cast full judgement, I'm not excited either.

Get over yourself, and your selfish desires, first and foremost its clouding your judgement, they want to sell a game, and while I understand the potential frustration thats at hand. They want to use imagery that gets the biggest part of the FE fanbase hyped first, from a marketing standpoint, that is currently Awakening and Fates, I have no doubts that all 6 Smash fighters from FE will be in here, and I have no doubts that we'll probably at least get SOMETHING from a number of the games, they may skim over some of the lesser known ones, but what Koei excels at, its history, and references, and making unique rosters.

TMS was pretty much all Atlus, it was THEIR choice to use the more popular Awakening and Archanea

I'm cooling down now.

But I think you know perfectly what I mean about TMS. There's scary precedence here, and though I'm not going to cast full judgement, I'm not excited either.

Considering the SMTxFE reveal only featured stills of the character's official artwork, and absolutely nothing original outside of the title, this looks more promising, what with the gorgeous rendering of the Fire Emblem, and Chrom's actual arm grabbing his actual falchion.

I'm cooling down now.

I care about games for the gameplay, not the various references to Fire Emblem. TMS did perfectly fine in the gameplay department, and I'll gladly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a different kind of battle system. I've never touched a Warriors game in my life, but this announcement makes me interested.

In other words, your points are acknowledged, but do exercise some patience before denouncing the game.

Get over yourself, and your selfish desires, first and foremost its clouding your judgement, they want to sell a game, and while I understand the potential frustration thats at hand. They want to use imagery that gets the biggest part of the FE fanbase hyped first, from a marketing standpoint, that is currently Awakening and Fates, I have no doubts that all 6 Smash fighters from FE will be in here, and I have no doubts that we'll probably at least get SOMETHING from a number of the games, they may skim over some of the lesser known ones, but what Koei excels at, its history, and references, and making unique rosters.

TMS was pretty much all Atlus, it was THEIR choice to use the more popular Awakening and Archanea

Yes, I'm cooling down now.

It was just... way too whiplash.

...At least this wasn't quite as bad as my Ryu (...why am I making myself remember my stupidity) and Cloud (... ... ...) Smash freakouts.

Personally, I don't mind that game might have only characters from Archanea/Ylisse/Hoshido/Nohr. In fact, I prefer it this way.

It will allow for a larger variety of characters, instead of just sword wielders.

Only game holding my attention for the Switch right now, but kind of hoping for a 3DS release too.

Edit: For fucks sake this community needs to calm down with the complaints and whining. It was just announced, give some time before we start beating another new fire emblem title to death. If it ends up being mostly Fates/Awakening characters, then I'm not surprised at the least. Of course they are going to stick to what got them to this point, rather than characters who haven't been relevant for 10+ years. If the rest of you are going to jump ship and start complaining because Chrom dared to show his new feet, and they had the most relevant and recent swords presented in the gems, then so be it. I'll at least enjoy the game.

Edited by Tolvir

Personally, I don't mind that game might have only characters from Archanea/Ylisse/Hoshido/Nohr. In fact, I prefer it this way.

It will allow for a larger variety of characters, instead of just sword wielders.

There's a ton of stuff that could be done to differentiate every main lord in the series-- and Koei has shown that they can take "just sword wielders" and craft something flashy and unique.

DW7 had three characters wielding dual swords: Liu Bei, Cao Pi, and Lu Xun.

In DW8:

-Liu Bei kept the basic dual blades moveset alongside his existent focus on thunder attacks

-Cao Pi got a combining weapon a la Pit's bow meant more for closer range officer encounters alongside his ice atacks

-Lu Xun got shadow clones and a moveset focused much more on clearing out groups of enemies with help from his fire attacks

Semi-clones to completely unique in one game.

FE6-10 characters have elemental affinities (albeit for supports). Awakening's DLC classes help freshen up older lords (heck, I'd be for Alm going Fates Dread Fighter for the sake of a ninja). If you put some effort into that, you can make every lord unique. And the people who'd write it off due to "all sword fighters" probably wouldn't be interested in the first place.

There's a ton of stuff that could be done to differentiate every main lord in the series-- and Koei has shown that they can take "just sword wielders" and craft something flashy and unique.

DW7 had three characters wielding dual swords: Liu Bei, Cao Pi, and Lu Xun.

In DW8:

-Liu Bei kept the basic dual blades moveset alongside his existent focus on thunder attacks

-Cao Pi got a combining weapon a la Pit's bow meant more for closer range officer encounters alongside his ice atacks

-Lu Xun got shadow clones and a moveset focused much more on clearing out groups of enemies with help from his fire attacks

Semi-clones to completely unique in one game.

FE6-10 characters have elemental affinities (albeit for supports). Awakening's DLC classes help freshen up older lords (heck, I'd be for Alm going Fates Dread Fighter for the sake of a ninja). If you put some effort into that, you can make every lord unique. And the people who'd write it off due to "all sword fighters" probably wouldn't be interested in the first place.

Honestly, this is a very accurate way to describe how KT handles similar weaponry

In other words: Ever since DW8(afaik), no two characters have ever been the same, regardless of if they have the same type of weapon.

Unless you equip two people with the same weapon, but unless it's the Bow & Rod why would you

Edited by Soledai

Only game holding my attention for the Switch right now, but kind of hoping for a 3DS release too.

Edit: For fucks sake this community needs to calm down with the complaints and whining. It was just announced, give some time before we start beating another new fire emblem title to death. If it ends up being mostly Fates/Awakening characters, then I'm not surprised at the least. Of course they are going to stick to what got them to this point, rather than characters who haven't been relevant for 10+ years. If the rest of you are going to jump ship because Chrom dared to show his new feet, and they had the most relevant and recent swords presented in the gems, then so be it. I'll at least enjoy the game.

That's my general take to it. I would be sceptical about the presumed choices but even then its going to be more than enough to satisfy me. And what's not there on release may very well come later either way.

That's my general take to it. I would be sceptical about the presumed choices but even then its going to be more than enough to satisfy me. And what's not there on release may very well come later either way.

Exactly. There is always DLC, and we don't even have an announced roster, let alone date or any details in the game.

Edited by Tolvir

if anything Roy moveset can be similar to the inferno blade in Dynasty Warriors 8 empires

Sun Quan is basically Smash Roy with that.

I'm so disappointed you can't have a red-haired CAW. It would go perfectly. PERFECTLY.

I'm actually hoping it's restricted to Archanea/Ylisse/Fates

Marth, Tiki, Hardin, Minerva, Caeda, Corrin, Ryoma, Leo, Takumi, Xander, Camilla, Lucina, Chrom, Robin, Lissa, Tharja, Owain, Severa, and that's plenty fine.

Throw in Roy and Ike for token reasons and maybe Sigurd for legacy reasons and we're gold

i mean, there are some people here who would rather trade out interesting characters like Tharja or Takumi just so every world can have fair share or whatever. Hyrule Warriors also focused on three worlds at first. And do you really want to shoehorn unoriginal characters like Eirika and Alm in? I can think of interesting gameplay ideas for most Lords, but Alm and "sword locked" Eirika? Not really. Unless they drew from Bride and Dread Fighter, but then that would be "inaccurate"

Edited by Freyjadour

I'm NOT saying that they can't have characters from those titles and market them. Not at all! I was actually kinda glad that Chrom, the "main" lord of Awakening, actually got some spotlight at long last.

What I'm frustrated at is that they seem to be doing that to the exclusion of everything else; we all know what a sizable part of TMS' failure stems from.

It's way too early to make that judgement. There's absolutely nothing to indicate that the old stuff won't be there. All we know is that the new stuff will be there which is bloody obvious. That was barely even a trailer. All they said is that they're making the game. Like your fears aren't completely unreasonable, it's possible they will neglect stuff we want, someone's going to be neglected (like Jugdral in Smash Bros) but it's way too early to be throwing your arms up and complaining about what they've done when they haven't actually done anything yet.

I missed that we spilled over to another page. Ignore, we're past that subject. Going to replug the comment I made yesterday when this was just a pip dream as it's more relevant now.

Moveset diversity would be a critical thing when deciding which characters get in. So for example I can see Marth getting in there representing the standard fencing style but that would leave little room for Erika to distinguish herself. Ephraim meanwhile would be a shoe in for being an unarmored lance unit. Likewise Hector would have little trouble getting yet Eliwood wouldn't be able to do much unless they give him focus on Durandal (which in turn would clash with the more interesting movset available for Ike). Roy I could see if you focused on his flame effect like Smash does (I could also see him whipping out Durandel for a few attacks if Eliwood doesn't make it). Leif likewise could be distinct if you made the light sword the basis of his movset but much as I like them, I don't see much room for Seliph or Sigurd (plus the universe would just feel wrong if Sigurd isn't horrendously broken). It's not the way Hyrule Warriors went but I could see them making mounts be something you just have on the battle field and not a distinct part of the movsets, like in the original Warriors games. So this wouldn't make some of the mounted units all that special but it would mean you could throw Ike on a pegasus for funz. All in all I expect they'd handle it a lot like Zelda did by focusing on three main universes for the initial game and then having universe themed DLC with only one or two characters each.
Edited by Jotari

Warriors games can make very diverse movesets for similar weapons, Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors have proven this time after time, I wouldn't worry about people overshadowing others in terms of moveset or anything.

I missed that we spilled over to another page. Ignore, we're past that subject. Going to replug the comment I made yesterday when this was just a pip dream as it's more relevant now.

Moveset diversity would be a critical thing when deciding which characters get in. So for example I can see Marth getting in there representing the standard fencing style but that would leave little room for Erika to distinguish herself. Ephraim meanwhile would be a shoe in for being an unarmored lance unit. Likewise Hector would have little trouble getting yet Eliwood wouldn't be able to do much unless they give him focus on Durandal (which in turn would clash with the more interesting movset available for Ike). Roy I could see if you focused on his flame effect like Smash does (I could also see him whipping out Durandel for a few attacks if Eliwood doesn't make it). Leif likewise could be distinct if you made the light sword the basis of his movset but much as I like them, I don't see much room for Seliph or Sigurd (plus the universe would just feel wrong if Sigurd isn't horrendously broken). It's not the way Hyrule Warriors went but I could see them making mounts be something you just have on the battle field and not a distinct part of the movsets, like in the original Warriors games. So this wouldn't make some of the mounted units all that special but it would mean you could throw Ike on a pegasus for funz. All in all I expect they'd handle it a lot like Zelda did by focusing on three main universes for the initial game and then having universe themed DLC with only one or two characters each.

Does Marth need to be a fencer? That's more of a Smash Bros. invention. FE3/12 and some cipher art have shown him using a shield (with the former being the Shield of Seals).

And Eliwood and Ike don't have much clash. Ike can use both axes and swords, so why not have a moveset where he uses both? Ike isn't really a "Greatsword user" to begin with; that's more Smash Bros. dilution (Ragnell's supposed to be a realistically sized two-handed sword, not a claymore). Meanwhile, if the sprites are anything to go off of, Durandel is bigger than a horse.

Seliph could have a more longsword-type of weapon, focused on eliminating crowds and doing steady damage over an area rather flat-out nuking things or easily eliminating officers.

Sigurd, well... why not have him wield his famed silver sword in one hand and a (shorter) iron sword in the other? Or if you want Marth to be bog-standard noob-friendly swordfighter, give Sigurd a shield to show his veteran status.

If you look into things and fudge canon portrayals around a tad (while drawing inspiration from them), you can get unique movesets for pretty much every lord in the franchise (Chrom and Lucina are the hard ones, as they have literally the same class).