Fire Emblem Warriors confirmed.

Jedi

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-koei-tecmo-working-on-new-nintendo-themed-warriors-game-for-switch/

Now with this rumor circulating and the person being a fairly reliable source. Which Nintendo franchise would YOU like to see try the Warriors formula, and how would you like to see it done? Who would be in it, would you like the traditional Koei rock music for Dynasty Warriors, to be put into that franchises Warriors styled game with rock remixes of iconic themes?

I'd have to think about it myself, but I figured this could be an interesting topic of discussion.

Edit: I think I'd like a Nintendo Crossover Warriors, pure and simple, get iconic and darkhorse favorites all in as your awesome cast, and have them fight iconic Nintendo villains and enemies.

Basically the Nintendo Crisis Crossover, which Koei is familiar with as Warriors Orochi is Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, with a little bit of Ninja Gaiden, Soul Calibur (Namco got a guest via Sophitia), Warriors of Troy, Bladestorm and a few other of their series.

Edited by Jedi The Red

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always believed Fire Emblem would be the most natural fit for a Warriors game considering they both involve armies so much. So as long as its not going to be a cast of exclusively shadow dragon characters I'm very much rooting for a Fire emblem Warriors.

However I have a feeling it would end up being either Mario or Smash Warriors. Fire emblem has risen in prestige lately but those two are still far more marketable than Fire emblem.

However I have a feeling it would end up being either Mario or Smash Warriors

For the record, a Smash one (if done correctly) could be pretty funny.

I mean, think about! You could have a sort of dark setting with goofy

characters like Pikachu and Yoshi beating up entire armies. It would

be hilarious!

As for a Fire Emblem spin-off, I would be so happy if that were to happen!

The actual possibilities of interactions between characters between different

games could be really cool!

Edited by CatManThree

Give me a Mother Warriors game. Itoi has left the series behind so new ideas and surreal writing for it might be off the table you could totally give some breath into the series by making a monumentally ridiculous game like that. Just call it the Invasion of Giygas and stuck Buzz Buzz on the box. Boom! Instant success...Or rather moderate to underwhelming success but I'd be happy at least.

Edited by Jotari

I've never been very interested in the Warriors series. I'm a huge Zelda fan but even that wasn't enough to get me to buy the Zelda Warrior spin-off.

However, if there was one game series that would get me interested in Warriors it would be Fire Emblem. The game is already set in a world with battling armies, and the theme is already a small group of fighters vs larger armies that can send wave after wave of bad guys, so I think it would fit very well.

Fire Emblem Warriors.

The last thing I want is the drama of the Smash fandom spilling over into the general Musou-series bashing.

Though I'm not sure I want more FE drama, considering FE15 (if release patterns are an indication) is coming in about a year's time.

The last thing I want is the drama of the Smash fandom spilling over into the general Musou-series bashing.

While I am not exactly familiar with the Musou games, I still see your point.

FE since it's the most fitting and I would SO love to have Ike beat a whole bunch of enemies into the ground with his big swords and axes (Ragnell, Urvan, Alondite, and Ettard are all huge lol). It would make Chrom's statement that he "felled thousands in battle" totally accurate too. :P

I would say Mario, but I don't think it would fit. There ARE enough possible characters, but...Mario's just not for that style of game. It's too cartoony, too "fun" and light-hearted. Besides, Miyamoto would probably go and butcher it to pieces because he doesn't want any fucking story in Mario games. >_>

Edited by Anacybele

Fire Emblem Warriors.

Though I'm not sure I want more FE drama, considering FE15 (if release patterns are an indication) is coming in about a year's time.

The Musou Series bashing as quieted down over the years as they got more popular in the West, although its still existent, I don't think drama of Smash would be as bad in this case because it wouldn't be a fighting game, it'd be just a hack n slash.

Also this is post Awakening FE, theres always going to be FE drama, its just how the fanbase is now. Even before Awakening. There was quite a bit of drama.

For the record, a Smash one (if done correctly) could be pretty funny.

I mean, think about! You could have a sort of dark setting with goofy

characters like Pikachu and Yoshi beating up entire armies. It would

be hilarious!

Oh I would like a Smash Warriors too. Smash sounds pretty ideal actually. I just prefer Fire emblem more.

FE since it's the most fitting and I would SO love to have Ike beat a whole bunch of enemies into the ground with his big swords and axes (Ragnell, Urvan, Alondite, and Ettard are all huge lol). It would make Chrom's statement that he "felled thousands in battle" totally accurate too. :P

I would say Mario, but I don't think it would fit. There ARE enough possible characters, but...Mario's just not for that style of game. It's too cartoony, too "fun" and light-hearted. Besides, Miyamoto would probably go and butcher it to pieces because he doesn't want any fucking story in Mario games. >_>

Seems you haven't played the Paper Mario games. Or at least the console Paper Mario games before they decided to dumb down the series.

The Musou Series bashing as quieted down over the years as they got more popular in the West, although its still existent, I don't think drama of Smash would be as bad in this case because it wouldn't be a fighting game, it'd be just a hack n slash.

Also this is post Awakening FE, theres always going to be FE drama, its just how the fanbase is now. Even before Awakening. There was quite a bit of drama.

At least I know what to expect from FE fandom drama; Smash drama would be a complete shitshow. I could easily see, for instance, people getting passionate about inclusions only to turn around and bash the game and the Musou franchise/formula as a whole because their wanted characters didn't get in.

I'd just prefer to stick with the "devil that I know" and not take chances. Plus, I'd be straight-up more invested in an FE Warriors title anyways.

Edited by The DanMan

Hey, I'd be down for a Smash one, forgot to mention. I'd still get to play Ike. <3 And Luigi in a more story-oriented game that Miyamoto surely can be kept away from.

Seems you haven't played the Paper Mario games. Or at least the console Paper Mario games before they decided to dumb down the series.

Actually, I have played through most of The Thousand-Year Door. But what's that got to do with anything? And as you pointed out yourself, Paper Mario got "dumbed down" and all because of Miyamoto's stupid philosophy on story in Mario games. He thinks it's not needed, and technically, maybe it isn't. But it's not hurting the series at all and fans love it anyway. I skipped Sticker Star because it looked really bad to me. Color Splash managed to wow me and is actually my GOTY for 2016, but it still doesn't have as good a story or characters as SPM or TTYD. The story isn't BAD, but it's not as good and the characters suffer from generic Toad overload. Super Mario Galaxy 2 also had story content cut because of Miyamoto's poison.

Because of all this, I fear for just about any Mario game that Miyamoto gets involved in.

Edited by Anacybele

Fire Emblem Warriors.

The one thing I love most about the Warriors Orochi series is the character interactions between people who once lived in entirely different eras and universes. The last WO game even has something similar to the support system, which could further make FE integration somewhat better as they have experience with it.

The one thing I would honestly be worried about is which characters would be available and character move sets. The third WO game has a lot of characters, which could give an excuse to add in a lot of FE characters. Granted, they would likely only include the main lords, the main villains and a couple of supporting characters for variety. Also, the move sets in the DW series got incredibly "samey" due to the sixth entry, so I'm somewhat paranoid they may give characters with the same weapon too similar move sets.

Yeah, the only thing I really fear in terms of an FE Warriors game is the developer copying stupid Atlus and only adding Archanea + newest game characters. >_> I mean, I'm sure there will be some Awakening characters too, but seriously, not including at least Ike and Roy who are even in Smash would just be really stupid.

At least I know what to expect from FE fandom drama; Smash drama would be a complete shitshow. I could easily see, for instance, people getting passionate about inclusions only to turn around and bash the game and the Musou franchise/formula as a whole because their wanted characters didn't get in.

I'd just prefer to stick with the "devil that I know" and not take chances. Plus, I'd be straight-up more invested in an FE Warriors title anyways.

Fair enough, I just would like to see Musou Styled interactions with all Nintendo franchises haha.

Urban Champion. It'd be great to combine the highly inspired punk setting of the famed NES classic with the frenetic thought provoking action of the Warrior games.

Fire Emblem is probably the easiest to fit into this kind of gameplay so I'm going to be carefully optimistic and say Fire Emblem Warriors.

Yeah, the only thing I really fear in terms of an FE Warriors game is the developer copying stupid Atlus and only adding Archanea + newest game characters. >_> I mean, I'm sure there will be some Awakening characters too, but seriously, not including at least Ike and Roy who are even in Smash would just be really stupid.

Yeah if this happened it would be pretty sad.

Though that said, with the size of the FE cast they could add few from each continent and it would still feel too few. Main lords alone would take a pretty big chunk. And with the rest probably being secondary main characters or villains, fans of many of the lesser characters would be left disappointed.

Warriors games tend to have pretty hefty casts if Koei is able to do it, so I wouldn't fear TOO much for size, although they'd probably start on a smaller scale.

After the praise they got for Hyrule Warriors mixing up the Warriors formula (granted that the giant bosses had problems), I doubt they would use a series like Fire Emblem that kind of lends itself towards all characters having a humanoid build.

As to what series they will use, I have to admit that I'm kind of drawing a blank. Leaning towards mario though.

After the praise they got for Hyrule Warriors mixing up the Warriors formula (granted that the giant bosses had problems), I doubt they would use a series like Fire Emblem that kind of lends itself towards all characters having a humanoid build.

As to what series they will use, I have to admit that I'm kind of drawing a blank. Leaning towards mario though.

Yeah, I've mentioned this in the past, while FE works like nearly perfect with the Warriors formula, I don't think Koei would use it for that very reason, its not out of their usual element like Zelda kinda was and they were able to implement Zelda stuff into the Warriors formula pretty well.

Because FE like Dynasty and Samurai Warriors, is about human conflict, (maybe with the occasional mystical element which is also present in the two series I just mentioned) with armies of characters of varying weaponry, bases, armies, etc. It's all too familiar, and this would make it the most boring choice from a developers position to someone who's done the formula for pretty much 20 years.

They had to mold Zelda to be like it was, in creative ways, while keeping Zelda like formulas, FE wouldn't have that kind of stand out uniqueness in comparison

FE is the practical choice, but it may not be their "fun" choice. Is what i'm saying basically.

Edited by Jedi The Red

I'm honestly baffled that no one has tought about the clearly best candidate: Rhythm Heaven/Paradise.

No okay, I would really like to see a FE Warriors. If only to see various characters from different FE Games interact between each other.