Fire Emblem Warriors confirmed.

Jedi

Does Marth need to be a fencer? That's more of a Smash Bros. invention. FE3/12 and some cipher art have shown him using a shield (with the former being the Shield of Seals).

And Eliwood and Ike don't have much clash. Ike can use both axes and swords, so why not have a moveset where he uses both? Ike isn't really a "Greatsword user" to begin with; that's more Smash Bros. dilution (Ragnell's supposed to be a realistically sized two-handed sword, not a claymore). Meanwhile, if the sprites are anything to go off of, Durandel is bigger than a horse.

Seliph could have a more longsword-type of weapon, focused on eliminating crowds and doing steady damage over an area rather flat-out nuking things or easily eliminating officers.

Sigurd, well... why not have him wield his famed silver sword in one hand and a (shorter) iron sword in the other? Or if you want Marth to be bog-standard noob-friendly swordfighter, give Sigurd a shield to show his veteran status.

If you look into things and fudge canon portrayals around a tad (while drawing inspiration from them), you can get unique movesets for pretty much every lord in the franchise (Chrom and Lucina are the hard ones, as they have literally the same class).

I do think Marth's style is meant to be a fencing one. He has the traditional lunge animation and, more importantly, he was introduced with the rapier (and actually uses it like one unlike Chrom). His Smash Bros moveset also isn't actually all that fencing like (no en garde stance and wayyy too much leg crossing), especially in his original Melee appearance. You're not wrong though, about Marth's shield and a lot of the other lords. But I still feel they'll try and highlight the flashier looking movesets. Nothings impossible but talking about probability, I just see Ike as being more likely than say Seliph. I do hope they use the Sword of Shields in some way though. It still kind of irks me that it's completely unrepresented in Smash for some reason. Maybe Marth and few others will have multiple weapon types. It's not unprecedented.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking... shouldn't this topic be locked/merged by now? It's pretty redundant to have essentially two of the same thread.

I could ask for a merge. Although eclipse hasn't bugged me about it yet haha

That's because the discussion in the first few pages would make no sense in the context of the Fire Emblem Warriors game. What I can do is lock this thread, and direct everyone over to the new thread.

And, I'm lazy.

That's because the discussion in the first few pages would make no sense in the context of the Fire Emblem Warriors game. What I can do is lock this thread, and direct everyone over to the new thread.

And, I'm lazy.

Thats a fair compromise I think.

At your ready.