FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS

Captain Karnage

Yeah, but now that I've stated my wishes, I'll just have to wait for the developers to implement them all. That's how this works, right?

Gotta just wait and hope haha!

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect some really rockin remixes of FE themes, because Warriors games love 3 kinds of music (with some exceptions)

Rock, Techno and Traditional Japanese Instruments, although Rock is usually the main focus.

What is this, three things that I like? Throw in some symphonic metal, and I'm sold!

What do you mean "finally not getting shafted?" Smash was the only place he got "shafted" in imo. He's been in Project X Zone 2, and he's in this, and he's in TMS...

His PxZ representation was. . .bad. Like, he's mid-tier, at absolute best. My personal placement of him is really low. In PxZ, most of the characters can showcase some bit of their personality or other. Chrom/Lucina showcased nothing.

TMS was a lot better, though he was still pretty bland. He had some personality in Awakening, but I don't know where it went.

I'm much more interested in the villains right now though; just remembered that Trabant would be great for this game as well.

Villains wishlist time~!

Jiol - It's not political intrigue without a backstabbing country.

Lang - This isn't because I enjoyed beating him up in FE12, this is because he's exactly the low-ranking type of villain that I think would fit well in this setting.

Arvis - He's got a lot of charisma, and has experience with being an emperor (after working towards it), which is a lot more than most FE villains can say.

Darin - Another lackey-villain type character, and one who's willing to abandon his troops for better opportunities. Out of all the FE7 villains, I think he'd be the best.

Pablo - The "leader" of a smaller country trying to worm his way into the graces of a larger one? Sounds about right.

Ashnard - I don't think I need to explain this one.

Walhart - One of my least-favorite villains, but I'm willing to put aside my personal hatred of him for the sake of making this game interesting.

Kotaro - Out of every last villain in Fates, he was the most believable. . .and that's beyond pathetic, because I don't think he's particularly well-written. However, Garon's impossible to believe, Iago's motives revolve around being a dick, Hans doesn't get enough character development to matter, I can't see how Hoshido could be written as a villain, who fucking knows what's going on with the rest of the neutral countries, and Kaden/Keaton aren't villain material.

Knowing our luck, we'll probably have to deal with Garon. Blargh.

here is a question do you guys think that we will get charterers that are ordinary units that aren't lord, antagonists or characters that are plot important.

I hope so! However, that would be a gigantic cast, and I'm not sure if that would be a good idea.

Now, who I want for main characters. . .I'll be happy if Sigurd is in. But otherwise, I really don't care.

Roster spec using Hyrule Warriors Legends as a base:

1. Marth
  2. Caeda
  3. Tiki
  4. Jeigan
  5. Chrom
  6. Robin
  7. Lucina
  8. Anna
  9. ​Corrin
  10. Azura
  11. Xander
  12. Camilla
  13. Leo
  14. Elise
  15. Ryoma
  16. Hinoka
  17. Takumi
  18. Sakura
  19. Validar
  20. Medeus
  21. Garon

DLC Pack 1: Radiant Dawn Pack. Adds Ike and Micaiah

DLC Pack 2: Binding Blade Pack. Adds Roy

DLC Pack 3: Sacred Stones Pack. Adds Eirika and Ephraim

DLC Pack 4: Blazing Sword Pack. Adds Lyn

DLC Pack 5: Geneology Pack. Adds Seliph

Archanea/Ylisse/Nohr/Hoshido is so obvious for the base game it's not even funny. The rest of the series can get shown off through DLC, like they did with most of Zelda.

I'm skeptical on anything Japan-only getting shown off though.

Also throw Itsuki, Tsubasa and Kiria to the game!

= EDIT =

In their carnage forms, that is!

That would definitely add lulz to the proceedings. Though I get the feeling Kiria would see red if she ran into Tharja.

Roster spec using Hyrule Warriors Legends as a base:

<snip>

Seems pretty solid, but I'd say Ike, Lyn and maybe Roy would be popular enough to make it into the base game.

Edited by The Blind Idiot God

Seems pretty solid, but I'd say Ike, Lyn and maybe Roy would be popular enough to make it into the base game.

This, and I think Hyrule Warriors is actually not a good base to use because Zelda has a much smaller cast to pick from. FE has such a huge cast that you can definitely get away with a bigger base game cast and still have plenty left to add through DLC.

My speculative list. It's not my actual ideal candidates list because I know most of those would never get in, and I'm going by regular DW cast standards rather than Hyrule Warriors standards because there's no reason for FE Warriors to have that small of a cast:

Akaneia
Heroes: Marth, Caeda, Ogma, Hardin
Villains: Gharnef, Medeus

Valencia
Heroes: Alm, Celica
Villians: Rudolf, Duma

Jugdral
Heroes: Sigurd, Seliph, Julia
Villains: Arvis, Julius

Elibe
Heroes: Roy, Eliwood, Lyn, Hector
Villians: Zephiel

Magvel
Heroes: Ephraim, Eirika
Villians: Lyon, Valter

Tellius
Heroes: Ike, Micaiah, Elincia
Villians: Black Knight

Ylisstol + Valm
Heroes: Chrom, Lucina
Villains: Walhart

Fateslandia
Heroes: Kamui, Xander, Ryoma
Villains: Garon

Don't forget the last FE crossover with no gameplay in the trailer devolved into TMS, so don't be too surprised when Koei follow their dicks and make an Xtreme game instead.

there's no reason for FE Warriors to have that small of a cast:

You have no idea how lazy Koei can be

Don't forget the last FE crossover with no gameplay in the trailer devolved into TMS, so don't be too surprised when Koei follow their dicks and make an Xtreme game instead.

Koei is not Atlus, dude.

And haven't people said before that some Warriors games had huge-ass casts? And I don't think Koei was lazy at all with Hyrule Warriors. I was always upset that they left out Four Sword Zelda content, but the reason for that could easily be annoying copyright stuff since the Four Sword Zelda games were made by Capcom.

Edited by Anacybele

Koei is not Atlus, dude.

And haven't people said before that some Warriors games had huge-ass casts? And I don't think Koei was lazy at all with Hyrule Warriors. I was always upset that they left out Four Sword Zelda content, but the reason for that could easily be annoying copyright stuff since the Four Sword Zelda games were made by Capcom.

I love Koei, but look if you look at how little the rotk series changed, and how often the new one shits the bed, and then there's the amount of enemies that get lost and never make it to the map if you try co-op, although at least enemy officers don't pop out when you try to double musou anymore.

As for the large casts they normally already exist, and rarely change outside of anomalies like Yueying, Lu Bu and Zhang Liao, they tend to go for 8 new character styles at most per game, and SW 4-4-2, and 4-4-2-2 only added in one each as far as I can remember

I've been following their games since back during the PS2 era, I have a pretty good idea of what Koei's flaws are.

Koei is not Atlus, dude.

Atlus didn't decide who would and wouldn't be included in TMS, Nintendo did.

I would have loved to see representation from the Oracle games, but I'm pretty sure Capcom paritally owns the rights to those two.

Atlus didn't decide who would and wouldn't be included in TMS, Nintendo did.

You mean IS. And even then, they only oversaw the development, they didn't actually do any of the development themselves. I doubt they were telling Atlus who and who not to leave out. They seem to have some bias for Ike too given all his references in Awakening, so I have no idea why they'd tell them to leave Ike out anyway.

This, and I think Hyrule Warriors is actually not a good base to use because Zelda has a much smaller cast to pick from. FE has such a huge cast that you can definitely get away with a bigger base game cast and still have plenty left to add through DLC.

...This. Why are people giving such small lists?

I will be very surprised if the base game has less than 50 playable characters (Warriors Orochi 3 had over 120 for reference). I can see character DLC packs adding 3-5 chars per pack to boot as well.

[spoiler=My Wish List]

Fates

Corrin (Both versions)

Xander

Camilla

Ryoma

Hinoka

Leo

Takumi

Elise

Sakura

Azura

Kaze

Kanna (both versions)

Shigure

Shiro

Kiragi

Siegbert

Forrest

Anna

Unlockables:

Jakob

Felicia

Saizo

Kagero

Kaden

Keaton

Arthur

Effie

Benny

Charlotte

Silas

Hayato

Nyx

Rhajat

Ignatius

Percy

Selkie

Velouria

DLC:

Scarlet

Flora

Mozu

Hinata

Hisame

Hana

Subaki

Caledori

Sumeragi

Mikoto

Ophelia

Soleil

Awakening

Robin (both versions)

Chrom

Lucina (Masked version included)

Lissa

Sumia

Olivia

Frederick

Lon'qu

Maribelle

Gaius

Panne

Cordelia

Gregor

Nowl

Tharja

Henry

Say'ri

Morgan (both versions)

Owain/Odin

Inigo/Laslow

Severa/Selena

Nah

Yarne

Noire

Cynthia

Anna

Unlockables:

Miriel

Laurent

Flavia

Basillio

Tiki

Validar

Walhart

DLC:

Priam

Gangrel

Emmeryn

Aversa

Yen'fay

Grima (Robin's mesh used but can summons dragon form True Musou Attack)

Radiant Dawn

Micaiah

Sothe

Sanaki

Lehran

Black Knight

Path of Radiance

Ike

Mist

Soren

Titania

Mia

Elincia

Mordicai

Sethe

Ranulf

Ashnard

Greil

Sacred Stones

Eirika

Ephraim

Lyon

Blazing Sword

Lyn

Eliwood

Hector

Binding Blade

Roy

Lillina

Fire Emblem (firsr one + all remakes)

Marth

Caeda

Jeigan

I'll do the rest over time but most of the roster will be made from the last few games.

Edited by Aurabolt

That game barely even existed when it was revealed.

We already have a tiny snippet of in-engine footage and will almost certainly get follow-up information of some sort in the upcoming direct.

There's cautious pessimism based on precedence, and there's looking for reasons to shit on something. The logical jumps here are ridiculous.

I will be very surprised if the base game has less than 50 playable characters (Warriors Orochi 3 had over 120 for reference). I can see character DLC packs adding 3-5 chars per pack to boot as well.

People said the same thing about Hyrule Warriors.

...This. Why are people giving such small lists?

[spoiler=My Wish List]

Fates

Corrin (Both versions)

Xander

Camilla

Ryoma

Hinoka

Leo

Takumi

Elise

Sakura

Azura

Kaze

Kanna (both versions)

Shigure

Shiro

Kiragi

Siegbert

Forrest

Anna

Unlockables:

Jakob

Felicia

Saizo

Kagero

Kaden

Keaton

Arthur

Effie

Benny

Charlotte

Silas

Hayato

Nyx

Rhajat

Ignatius

Percy

Selkie

Velouria

DLC:

Scarlet

Flora

Mozu

Hinata

Hisame

Hana

Subaki

Caledori

Sumeragi

Mikoto

Ophelia

Soleil

Awakening

Robin (both versions)

Chrom

Lucina (Masked version included)

Lissa

Sumia

Olivia

Maribelle

Gaius

Panne

Cordelia

Gregor

Nowl

Tharja

Henry

Say'ri

Morgan (both versions)

Owain/Odin

Inigo/Laslow

Severa/Selena

Nah

Yarne

Noire

Cynthia

Anna

Unlockables:

Miriel

Laurent

Flavia

Basillio

Tiki

Validar

Walhart

DLC:

Priam

Gangrel

Emmeryn

Aversa

Yen'fay

Grima (Robin's mesh used but can summons dragon form True Musou Attack)

Radiant Dawn

Micaiah

Sothe

Sanaki

Lehran

Black Knight

Path of Radiance

Ike

Mist

Soren

Titania

Mia

Elincia

Mordicai

Sethe

Ranulf

Ashnard

Greil

Sacred Stones

Eirika

Ephraim

Lyon

Blazing Sword

Lyn

Eliwood

Hector

Binding Blade

Roy

Lillina

Fire Emblem (firsr one + all remakes)

Marth

Caeda

Jeigan

I'll do the rest over time but most of the roster will be made from the last few games.

Warriors Orochi 3 took two well established series and a handful of crossover exclusive characters.

Hyrule Warriors is the precedence we have, and feels pretty reasonable-- the Arslan Warriors crossover only had 15 playable characters. The first Dynasty Warriors Gundam game had 20 playable characters.

Reign in unrealistic expectations-- 25ish characters for the base game is what we're looking at.

I doubt that, Zelda doesn't even have that many notable characters. And FE still has more reason to get a large cast.

The reason Hyrule Warriors doesn't have "that many" characters isn't because the Zelda series doesn't have that many notable characters.

The reason Hyrule Warriors roster was what it was is because Koei made every character unique from the groundup. Yeah, I could definitely see a few more characters in FE Warriors due to there not being any FE character who'd get multiple weapon types to themselves, but significantly more is breaking the realms of credibility.

25-30 characters is what will be there at launch; maybe slightly less.

You mean IS. And even then, they only oversaw the development, they didn't actually do any of the development themselves. I doubt they were telling Atlus who and who not to leave out. They seem to have some bias for Ike too given all his references in Awakening, so I have no idea why they'd tell them to leave Ike out anyway.

Maybe that's partly because TMS references FE11's story, and Ike has nothing to do with it. They added Awakening characters probably because it was the most recent FE title, just in the same way Smash does ~

If it helps, DQHeroes I had 13 playables iirc (Luceus, Aurora, Doric, Isla, Kiryl (IV), Alena (IV), Maya (IV), Psaro (IV), Nera (V), Bianca (V), Terry (VI), Jessica (VIII), and Yangus (VIII)). Heroes II had 15 in the main campaign (Razel, Teresia, Ceser, Ornaze, Alena, Kiryl, Torneko (IV), Maya, Meena (IV), Terry, Carver (VI), Maribel (VII), Ruff (VII), Jessica, and Angelo (VIII)), with the DQHI characters who failed to return (the 4 OC's, Psaro, Nera, Bianca, and Yangus) being free DLC for multiplayer.

And the Switch version adds Ragnar (IV) to something.

Tbh I don't really know what to think regarding how they handle representation. The cynical part of me thinks they'll be full blown FE11+ only, while the less cynical part thinks that 3DS might wind up being more like the "Dragon Quest IV" of the game which I'm more okay with. I'll think it'll be a bit overboard, but I'll at least have something from the other games, if that makes sense.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I doubt that, Zelda doesn't even have that many notable characters. And FE still has more reason to get a large cast.

First off, you're provably wrong in regards to memorable characters. The initial release of HW had over a dozen iconic members of the Zelda cast not including originals like Lana, Cia, Volga, and Wizzro (the latter two still being based off iconic enemies). By the time of HW Legends DLC the roster expanded to over twenty. And that's before you get into how some of the characters had different weapon styles which ballooned the variety to forty. And there are people who STILL want certain characters that didn't make it in the game.

Secondly, the reason people are holding back on their lists is simple: quality over quantity. The reason TMS held back with the roster is because chucking in fifty members of the cast would just dilute it. Furthermore, the rosters in the Warriors titles are indeed big, but that's because they had years to expand their rosters. The original Samurai Warriors had 20 characters. Dynasty Warriors 2 had 28. One Piece had 13. Fist of the North Star had 10. That's how it should work when first starting out. You go with the iconic and then expand.