Theories & News on FE Musou/Warriors, From a fan of both

Jedi

If you've talked to me for any long length of time I'm pretty sure I'd have probably mentioned how much I like the Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, and Warriors Orochi games, which the former two got me into two historical points I really like to actually study.

Hyrule Warriors, was well a surprise back on the Wii U, it showed us that FE Warriors, was actually a possibility, and lo and behold, something I had as a thought 10 years ago is now actually a thing.

Now because I'm such a huge fan of both franchises, I want to make some theories or predictions, bare with me. I'm not saying any of these will happen, or will have a huge chance, i'm just having a little bit of fun, and I felt it'd be good for discussion.

Side Note: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333672 Direct on FE Warriors will be shown on the 18th

1. The Outrealms will be used as a central plot device

- Warriors games tend to either be not that heavy on plot, or be based on historical events, I think we can expect at least something OK, no getting hyped for the best story ever, but character interactions will most likely be prominent.

2. The Support System and/or Pair Up will be used

- Warriors Orochi introduced using 3 characters in a rotation that you could switch between on the fly, with FE's pair up system or support system stuff, you could easily do this as a pair system, with the other character giving bonuses to a characters movement/attack speeds, power, elemental damage or anything

3. The Level Up System will be akin to Fire Emblem, including Promotions

- While Hyrule Warriors took a ridiculous extreme to leveling up, with 255 being the cap (giving me Star Ocean flashbacks here), I feel like Koei will try to impliment the FE leveling up system we are more familiar with, with promotions granting potential new weapons and costumes.

4. While there will probably be a good amount of characters from Awakening and Fates do not be discouraged
- Koei is very inclusive and I expect mostly every FE to get something down the line, be it either in the base game or DLC they might also go off that character poll from some years back where Fin was like 8th, they also really adore series references as seen in Hyrule Warriors, such as basing a stage on one line from Ruto in Ocarina of Time, about Sheik saving her.

5. If characters use similar weapons, they will use very different styles

- Koei is also super good about this one, Dynasty Warriors has near 30 characters who use a variety of swords and they all stand out from each other very well, so no "Oh we can't have more than 1 swordie or spear user etc etc"

6. There will be an Original Character

- Hyrule Warriors and some of their other Warrior spin off games, aren't afraid to add in someone of their own design, this also could mean a Cipher Card character appearance instead however.

7. Potential Empire Mode or a Mode thats like an FE styled tactical map

- My friend and I were discussing this and felt they might do it as a bonus mode, have like challenge maps with your "units" being the playable characters and when you click to attack, you go into a small Warriors fight, Dynasty Warriors Advanced worked very much like this.

8. All 6 Smash Characters Will Likely be there

- Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Roy and Corrin are easy choices for this and will all probably be used, it also gives their Amiibo more functionality

9. Old Archetypes will probably be referenced or used

- The Jeigan, The Est, The Christmas Cavs, The Camus, you know those archetypes, I expect to see Koei use all of them, maybe even multiples of them.

10. Forging and My Castle will likely be used

- Warriors Orochi 3 had a Base Camp where you could walk around, buy weapons and talk to the other characters, build up support stuff, I wouldn't put it past FE Warriors to do something like this.

11. There will be at least one character per fire emblem class

- This is probably one of the less likely ones, but it'd be great to see at least one character per every FE class (Master Knight Leif anyone?).

12. Chrom, Marth or an Original Avatar will be the defacto main character

- Unless they decide to do a CAC who acts as the main character, (Koei isn't a stranger to Create-A-Character systems), Chrom who was shown prominently in the first teaser, or Marth will be the character who gets the most focus and most weapon types in the game, much like how Link did in Hyrule Warriors although Marth doesn't have nearly as much to go off of as Link did, I'm sure Koei wants to give him something special.

13. The Black Knight, Hardin or Camus, will be the "Lu Bu" character

- Lu Bu is a fierce warrior from history who Koei made a super badass and continue to do so, he usually is super hard to kill, but really OP in the players hands, The Black Knight fits this bill most in my honest opinion, but I could see arguments for people such as Hardin, Camus, Eldigan, etc.

14. Expect the Unexpected

- Koei doesn't go by traditional picks, half the time they'll pick some darkhorse favorite, or someone really goofy who just seems to stand out, so I'd be willing to bet we will see some oddball fighter in the mix, say like Merlinus or some other character who could easily be a joke character (Zola?).

15. Maps Will Likely Be based on popular Fire Emblem locales used in Awakening DLC and Fan Vote, and musical remixes will be really rock based

- Self explanatory.

16. Costumes

- Koei games love alternate costumes and I wouldn't put it past them to do like FE1 Marth, or Ryoma dressing up like his Father and tons of other cool costumes, likely will get some Smash references and various character promotions as well, Ike could have Lord, Vanguard, Hero etc.

Edit: 17. The more likely character choices are probably the ones they picked for the bonus FE13 card characters

- I think this is kind of self explanatory, it might be part of their roster process to look through these anyways regardless.

So is there any of these you like? Maybe you really don't like one thing I mentioned was possible, I love discussing these things.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking that they may roll with a new player avatar for this game, in the spirit of NuFE.

I've also got a crackpot theory that Marth is going to end up being treated like he was in TMS-- some powerful, revered, legendary figure instead of just another lord.

And I actually thought that WO3's base conversations between characters could easily be expanded into supports. Though I'm more imagining the cringe factor and... shipping... that would arise from that in an FE Warriors title.

I've been thinking that they may roll with a new player avatar for this game, in the spirit of NuFE.

I've also got a crackpot theory that Marth is going to end up being treated like he was in TMS-- some powerful, revered, legendary figure instead of just another lord.

And I actually thought that WO3's base conversations between characters could easily be expanded into supports. Though I'm more imagining the cringe factor and... shipping... that would arise from that in an FE Warriors title.

We'll see what they do haha, i'm very curious on the potential supports, be it for cool stuff or narm factor.

Lucina feels like a guarantee so just give me Caeda.

I'd also like Jill but that's too wishful.

Caeda, probably has a better chance than a lot of other characters, partly due to her being super important to Marth haha.

Heh, you're so on point with everything I can't say anything more. Except that I'm hyped.

5. If characters use similar weapons, they will use very different styles

- Koei is also super good about this one, Dynasty Warriors has near 30 characters who use a variety of swords and they all stand out from each other very well, so no "Oh we can't have more than 1 swordie or spear user etc etc"

My guess is "Class Sets". The Characters may be able to switch from a Class to a other and gain access to a new moveset based on it.

My guess is "Class Sets". The Characters may be able to switch from a Class to a other and gain access to a new moveset based on it.

Class Sets could work, hopefully if they did that route it wouldn't become like Dynasty Warriors 7 switch weapons where mostly everyone felt the same because they could freely switch weapons although they were always the best with "their" weapon of choice.

And I say that as someone who really liked DW7 haha, but that was a minor annoyance. (Thankfully WO3 and Dynasty Warriors 8 fixed that).

Edited by Jedi The Red

I'm pretty sure we can expect something better than what we saw in DW7.

Dragon Quest Heroes and Hyrule Warriors told us so.

But still, that may be the "Too Much Hyped" me speaking wheter than the Warriors fans.

Only the live will tell us.

All I wanna see is FE9/10 Weapon Triangle Control, and weapon proficiency handling ideas, all nicely wrapped in some pretty characters that Kozaki designs artwork for

and Sigurd

All I wanna see is FE9/10 Weapon Triangle Control, and weapon proficiency handling ideas, all nicely wrapped in some pretty characters that Kozaki designs artwork for

and Sigurd

Dynasty Warriors 8 did have a weird triangle of sorts, with weapons being Heaven, Earth and Man based (it was based on the 3 concepts of the 3 Kingdoms).

Which encouraged you to switch weapons to have an advantage, so it might be possible.

Dynasty Warriors 8 did have a weird triangle of sorts, with weapons being Heaven, Earth and Man based (it was based on the 3 concepts of the 3 Kingdoms).

Which encouraged you to switch weapons to have an advantage, so it might be possible.

I think my experience with mediocre-at-best Hack n Slashes impacted my hopes and perceptions of Warriors-type games in general. I'm going into this informed, but blind on the play. I hope that the triangle differences are incredibly significant though. Like, there's having the advantage, and then there's having a disadvantage. I feel like both should be so stupidly obvious and visible that you really need to think before you commit, or round out your skills to handle the most variety of encounters

I think my experience with mediocre-at-best Hack n Slashes impacted my hopes and perceptions of Warriors-type games in general. I'm going into this informed, but blind on the play. I hope that the triangle differences are incredibly significant though. Like, there's having the advantage, and then there's having a disadvantage. I feel like both should be so stupidly obvious and visible that you really need to think before you commit, or round out your skills to handle the most variety of encounters

Well in Dynasty Warriors 8 if you were at a disadvantage with a weapon type vs an enemy general, they wouldn't flinch to your attacks and you'd hit them very weakly, but with an advantage you could dispatch them really easily and get like a mini super if you got enough hits in a quick succession on them.

And on higher difficulties you'd pretty much die if you tried the former seriously.

Edited by Jedi The Red

My prediction: Dorcas will be in, because they are putting in a poison mechanic in. The poison will always be in effect untill a mission is completed or the poison is cured like in thracia, unless you play as dorcas. Dorcas is a warrior who will always be poisoned, and has a heavy attack combo that is just him throwing mutton.

Well in Dynasty Warriors 8 if you were at a disadvantage with a weapon type vs an enemy general, they wouldn't flinch to your attacks and you'd hit them very weakly, but with an advantage you could dispatch them really easily and get like a mini super if you got enough hits in a quick succession on them.

And on higher difficulties you'd pretty much die if you tried the former seriously.

That's....what I hope for actually.

That's reassuring :)

Give me playable Merlinus and his dodging tent of doom and Old Hubba with his fatal heart/zigzag arrows of love!!!

Marth will be the character who gets the most focus and most weapon types in the game, much like how Link did in Hyrule Warriors although Marth doesn't have nearly as much to go off of as Link did, I'm sure Koei wants to give him something special.

Regarding Marth with multiple weapons, they could give him the Light, Earth, Star, and Life orbs and have him do things like shoot light blasts with the light orb, create earthquakes with the Earth orb, shoot stars with the star orb, and steal Musou (or whatever they call it in Fire Emblem Warriors) with the life orb (of course, it won't be a broken amount). They could also use Star Orb shards and have the shards magically float around him, cutting enemies and having each shard have different effects (like Taurus charging straight forward sending enemies flying, due to Taurus being a bull).

My prediction: Dorcas will be in, because they are putting in a poison mechanic in. The poison will always be in effect untill a mission is completed or the poison is cured like in thracia, unless you play as dorcas. Dorcas is a warrior who will always be poisoned, and has a heavy attack combo that is just him throwing mutton.

You know... Haha I'd laugh if they at least referenced that infamous commercial.

For those who don't know

You know Jedi, this sounds pretty cool, so if you're wrong, I'll blame my disappointment on you.

Oh man, pressure is on ^^; hahaha I do hope I'm right on at least a good chunk of these.

Give me playable Merlinus and his dodging tent of doom and Old Hubba with his fatal heart/zigzag arrows of love!!!

Regarding Marth with multiple weapons, they could give him the Light, Earth, Star, and Life orbs and have him do things like shoot light blasts with the light orb, create earthquakes with the Earth orb, shoot stars with the star orb, and steal Musou (or whatever they call it in Fire Emblem Warriors) with the life orb (of course, it won't be a broken amount). They could also use Star Orb shards and have the shards magically float around him, cutting enemies and having each shard have different effects (like Taurus charging straight forward sending enemies flying, due to Taurus being a bull).

Whoa, Earth Orb is a grand idea. As are the various orbs, dang now I wanna see it, thanks I guess I wasn't thinking Marth could use those as a potential moveset.

I think it's more likely that Robin and Corrin only get one gender (leaning towards Male for Robin and Female for Corrin).

I also think that Marth won't actually get many weapon movesets like Link did. In fact, he's one of the characters I think will get only one moveset to himself.

As they showed Chrom, I think it's fair to say that he has a high chance of being the game's main protagonist. I think he might get 2 weapon movesets, one using the sword and another using the lance.

Of course, they may very well decide that they don't want to go with the multiple weapon movesets like they did in Hyrule Warriors and just go with a unique moveset for each of them, turning this game more into the Samurai Warriors to HW's Dynasty Warriors.

I think it's more likely that Robin and Corrin only get one gender (leaning towards Male for Robin and Female for Corrin).

I also think that Marth won't actually get many weapon movesets like Link did. In fact, he's one of the characters I think will get only one moveset to himself.

As they showed Chrom, I think it's fair to say that he has a high chance of being the game's main protagonist. I think he might get 2 weapon movesets, one using the sword and another using the lance.

Of course, they may very well decide that they don't want to go with the multiple weapon movesets like they did in Hyrule Warriors and just go with a unique moveset for each of them, turning this game more into the Samurai Warriors to HW's Dynasty Warriors.

They may go the Samurai Warriors route, you're right. But I was thinking with FE's focus on weapon switching and stuff, it might not be that simple.

We'll see in time!

I doubt Robin and Corrin will have any real involvement, and will be treated like extra characters; gender being completely aesthetic via alt costumes.

Considering Tacticians are treated with huge reverence in the Warriors games, I expect Robin to be like one of the main speakers and plan makers for the Heroes group.

Edited by Jedi The Red

Considering Tacticians are treated with huge reverence in the Warriors games, I expect Robin to be like one of the main speakers and plan makers for the Heroes group.

Could be that Robin and possibly Corrin would be units of the Gotoh archetype -- mission control for most of the game only to join the playable roster lategame (assuming that there is a storyline).

That is also true, and would be pretty neat, although I somehow don't think they'd have them unplayable for that long.

We might get an actual Gotoh too.