Theories & News on FE Musou/Warriors, From a fan of both

Jedi

Could be that Robin and possibly Corrin would be units of the Gotoh archetype -- mission control for most of the game only to join the playable roster lategame (assuming that there is a storyline).

In that case, I'd think them being involved in the story would be more important than ever.

That said, given that the Yato was shown, I really doubt that Corrin would be relegated to being an unimportant extra. He or she will likely have a big role in the story.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, I'd think them being involved in the story would be more important than ever.

That said, given that the Yato was shown, I really doubt that Corrin would be relegated to being an unimportant extra. He or she will likely have a big role in the story.

The story is a weird factor, because I could see it being either really over the top stupid (but awesome), really cheesy, really campy, or really bad (but in a so bad its good way) haha.

Not sure about roles in the story, but you're probably on point.

Edited by Jedi The Red

One thing I'm interested in is how far back is IS going for this game. Like, are we going to get any characters from the early games? (Besides Marth's). I ask this due to those games never being exported, and the popularity of the newer games makes their characters more profitable to put into the game instead.

Honestly, thanks to Robin making the cut for Smash Bros., M!Robin has pretty much become his own character now (F!Robin too, but on a lesser scale). The Corrins could take up two roster spots and still be pretty distinct from one another if they take inspirations from how each is associated with one of the two main Fates games (M!Corrin with Birthright, F!Corrin with Conquest), though I'm hedging my bets on F!Corrin to contrast M!Robin (and also to hopefully take many playable characters from the Conquest side since those are the best).

I could see Ike and Roy being independent unlockables with no story role, though if that's the case, there might be something like the Reward Map in Hyrule Warriors where you could play out scenarios with standalone stories which could net both Roy and Ike some good interactions with the rest of the cast so that they're not left out in that way (like how Twili Midna and Young Link in HWU and Toon Link, Medli, Marin, Toon Zelda, Ravio, and Yuga in Legends got Reward Map scenarios where they appeared and had meaningful interactions with the rest of the HW cast).

I think you pretty much got it down. I'll be happy if Lilina makes it in, though won't really look forward to much in story, and never was a fan of the repetitive gameplay style...

If Roy is as much of a shoe-in as I think, Lilina might follow close behind. I'll try to keep you up to date on that.

Well, when it comes to Musou, we're the same person. we're pretty much alike in every regard, except you're more vocal about it. ;)

If anything, I want to see the features and mechanics, you know as well as I do each musou collab game has some unique feature or other, I'm curious to see what FE Musou's will be.

Also, a mode ala Empire mode is likely what will cause me to day one this game. Also also, I don't know if you've played it, but Dynasty Warriors Vol. 2 had that same thing where you controlled units on a map in a tactics-esque fashion, then once you encountered an enemy, you did the usual hack 'n slash.

And uh, couldn't you break the level cap in WO3U as well? Or was it that you were allowed to "reincarnate" a lot...?

Anyway, what I want from this game is good forging, unlike vanilla DW8, weapon swapping on the fly, elements on weapons(but that's a given), and don't make mages/magic unusable, not that I expect an OP moveset, but something that works and isn't weird or too impractical. Also, I've given up on archers being good in Warriors, with the exception of Xiahou Yuan.

Everything else I'd want or expect was covered quite nicely already.

Edited by Soledai

Really nice vid Jedi. It'd be interesting and cool if they brought back affinity. More costumes would be sweet. I'm with ya that we're definitely gonna see an original character and Black Knight will probably be the Lu Bu of this game. Maybe Arvis or Camus? I wanna see that Sigurd vs Arvis again haha.

I hope we see all classes. Master Knight is gonna be so fun!

Well, when it comes to Musou, we're the same person. we're pretty much alike in every regard, except you're more vocal about it. ;)

If anything, I want to see the features and mechanics, you know as well as I do each musou collab game has some unique feature or other, I'm curious to see what FE Musou's will be.

Also, a mode ala Empire mode is likely what will cause me to day one this game. Also also, I don't know if you've played it, but Dynasty Warriors Vol. 2 had that same thing where you controlled units on a map in a tactics-esque fashion, then once you encountered an enemy, you did the usual hack 'n slash.

And uh, couldn't you break the level cap in WO3U as well? Or was it that you were allowed to "reincarnate" a lot...?

Anyway, what I want from this game is good forging, unlike vanilla DW8, weapon swapping on the fly, elements on weapons(but that's a given), and don't make mages/magic unusable, not that I expect an OP moveset, but something that works and isn't weird or too impractical. Also, I've given up on archers being good in Warriors, with the exception of Xiahou Yuan.

Yeah i'm much more vocal and since it involves FE this time, I'm gonna be REALLY vocal haha.

I'm curious myself

I haven't played Vol.2 but I have heard of it, and it does look fun.

I forget, its been way too long haha

Hey you had a good Archer in DW6 :P:

Thanks!

Really nice vid Jedi. It'd be interesting and cool if they brought back affinity. More costumes would be sweet. I'm with ya that we're definitely gonna see an original character and Black Knight will probably be the Lu Bu of this game. Maybe Arvis or Camus? I wanna see that Sigurd vs Arvis again haha.

I hope we see all classes. Master Knight is gonna be so fun!

If Sigurd gets in, we'll probably see Arvis, Koei loves references and they will throw all the fire at Sigurd they can.

One thing I'm interested in is how far back is IS going for this game. Like, are we going to get any characters from the early games? (Besides Marth's). I ask this due to those games never being exported, and the popularity of the newer games makes their characters more profitable to put into the game instead.

...Good question. FE 2 through 6 were never released outside Japan (FE1 came to the DS in 2007's Shadow Dragon, which made it to the U.S.). I think what will happen is the international release will go one of three ways:

1. Only known or famous chars from FE 2-6 are included such as Roy and Sigrun (Possibly)

2. Chars from FE 2-6 included but info about them is included in an in-game library (Hopefully)

3.Only Japan gets FE 2-6 chars, everyone else gets more chars from FE 7- 13 to compensate + Marth and Roy (Most likely)

...Of course there's also the liklihood the FE 2-6 cast will be DLC chars. Hopefully this is touched on next week ^_^

You could level reset 9 times, for a total of 1000 levels (though each reset also reset your stats, instead allowing you to allot a moderate boost to stats that would carry over to any future resets-- including movement speed).

Stay tuned on the 18th, I'll be doing another video when we get more information, my current video up is doing way better than I thought it would. Nothing groundbreaking but its way better than my videos usually do.

I think it's more likely that Robin and Corrin only get one gender (leaning towards Male for Robin and Female for Corrin).

I also think that Marth won't actually get many weapon movesets like Link did. In fact, he's one of the characters I think will get only one moveset to himself.

As they showed Chrom, I think it's fair to say that he has a high chance of being the game's main protagonist. I think he might get 2 weapon movesets, one using the sword and another using the lance.

Of course, they may very well decide that they don't want to go with the multiple weapon movesets like they did in Hyrule Warriors and just go with a unique moveset for each of them, turning this game more into the Samurai Warriors to HW's Dynasty Warriors.

Definitely won't get as many movesets as Link but I could easily see Marth getting two. One for the rapier that's slightly reminiscent of Smash Bros. and one for the Falchion with the Shield of Seals.

So I have some cool news guys. On the 18th or whenever Source Gaming does their discussion... 

091cdf1dfd133c016f172d180073cf7b.png

This was before the rearrangement to have me on the discussion on the direct instead of just roster predictions, but i'm really excited, special thanks to Kirokan for recommending me to them.

Source Gaming if you're unfamiliar with them http://www.sourcegaming.info/

Edited by Jedi

1 hour ago, Euklyd said:

DON'T FORGET US WHEN YOU BECOME A STAR

Really though I'm so happy for you holy shit

I won't! I don't think it'll be THAT huge of a deal, but thank you so much for the support!

4 hours ago, Jedi said:

So I have some cool news guys. On the 18th or whenever Source Gaming does their discussion... 

091cdf1dfd133c016f172d180073cf7b.png

This was before the rearrangement to have me on the discussion on the direct instead of just roster predictions, but i'm really excited, special thanks to Kirokan for recommending me to them.

Source Gaming if you're unfamiliar with them http://www.sourcegaming.info/

Way to go! I'll definitely be watching.

Dang this renovated SF is funky.

5 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Way to go! I'll definitely be watching.

Dang this renovated SF is funky.

I'll let you all know how it goes! 

Oh man tell me about it...

What do you think about the possibility of cloned movesets? They get a bad reputation from Warriors fans, but hypothetically more characters could be included in this iteration (hopefully) if it's like DW7 in that regard, possibly with weapon switching as well. Though you said you didn't like it yourself - I wonder how much this game really appeals to most Warriors fans - unless they are already interested in Fire Emblem too to begin with. Kinda like other Omega Force spinoffs. Essentially, would you mind there being non-unique weapons (or at least, to some degree, obviously I still see weapons like the Falchion existing for Marth) if it meant there was more work done in other areas?

I also thought about the possibility of gaining experience from killing enemies and "promoting" during a battle, similar to a powerup found in the other games. Not entirely sure how that would work, and it screws with continuity between every fight but I just thought it would be neat.

Edited by Tryhard

4 hours ago, Tryhard said:

What do you think about the possibility of cloned movesets? They get a bad reputation from Warriors fans, but hypothetically more characters could be included in this iteration (hopefully) if it's like DW7 in that regard, possibly with weapon switching as well. Though you said you didn't like it yourself - I wonder how much this game really appeals to most Warriors fans - unless they are already interested in Fire Emblem too to begin with. Kinda like other Omega Force spinoffs. Essentially, would you mind there being non-unique weapons (or at least, to some degree, obviously I still see weapons like the Falchion existing for Marth) if it meant there was more work done in other areas?

I also thought about the possibility of gaining experience from killing enemies and "promoting" during a battle, similar to a powerup found in the other games. Not entirely sure how that would work, and it screws with continuity between every fight but I just thought it would be neat.

Hmm cloned movesets, I mean it did work in DW7 and while it did bug me, I didn't mind in the end when I realized like most of the characters had a unique weapon although I think I like how 8 handled it more because for sure everyone had one, but they could also switch. This would be very fitting for Fire Emblem as a whole because of the weapon triangle (And DW8 had something like that). I'm not sure if they'll go that direction though, if they decide they want to add more characters via cloned movesets... Hmm I'd have to consider my position on that. I'll get back to you on that one. 

Well I recall a poll in Japan sometime ago and Fire Emblem was one of the most wanted franchises there to get a "Warriors" title... Lemme see if I can dig up that article http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-among-japanese-gamers-most-wanted-warriors-game/ 

Hmm, so you'd like promotion to kinda work like Musou Rage did in Dynasty Warriors 5 somewhat?

The possibility of clone movesets, while I don't think it's really high, I won't discredit it entirely. If clones are to be a thing, I wouldn't mind them being like how they were in WO3, where they had some kind of quirk that made them slightly different... Actually, DW5 did this as well, a few charge attacks were different among the clonesets. I know that some of the Warriors players out there have wanted this, they made it known that they wanted FE over Zelda during the time HW was a thing.

I hypothesize that they'll let you promote in the preparation screen/camp/whatever they decide to do. But on the other hand, there's that not so great alternative, where you start at level one during each battle, then you can level and promote, then when the battle is finished, you go back down to level one... but that was only done in the Empires games of SW3 and 4, I believe it was for... "balance".

I was thinking they'll make the level scaling slower like the older Samurai Warriors games potentially, so we don't just like promote in one map, if thats how it works.