Theories & News on FE Musou/Warriors, From a fan of both

Jedi

heres something to think about, if you premote into something, wouldnt there be a possibility to lose that playstyle on premotion? if you premote... say... from a mercenary to a horse rider, dont you lose the ability to attack on foot? if premotions are a thing, i think they would need a way to revert back to the origonal base class so the fighting style isnt lost forever incase everyone is premoted. thats just something to think about at least.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Thany said:

heres something to think about, if you premote into something, wouldnt there be a possibility to lose that playstyle on premotion? if you premote... say... from a mercenary to a horse rider, dont you lose the ability to attack on foot? if premotions are a thing, i think they would need a way to revert back to the origonal base class so the fighting style isnt lost forever incase everyone is premoted. thats just something to think about at least.

Well I'm still not sure how Horse Riders will even work, considering in Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi, you can freely mount and dismount and you have a differing moveset mounted and dismounted. 

Hyrule Warriors was a first where a Mount was a full on moveset.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Well I'm still not sure how Horse Riders will even work, considering in Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi, you can freely mount and dismount and you have a differing moveset mounted and dismounted. 

Hyrule Warriors was a first where a Mount was a full on moveset.

what im just trying to say is i dont think they would have full on premotions if it could possibly remove a moveset from a pre-premoted class. i think if you reach a certain level where you can premote, they will give you an option to play as the base class for that character as well. just to give you options incase you want to play as base lucina... or bride lucina :3

Yeah they might not have full out promotions, but I think they'll have some kind of thing thats similar to it, also I'd be shocked if Bride Lucina WASN'T one of her costumes. Seeing as they even used Bride Lucina in Project X Zone 2.

/index.php?/profile/5281-jedi/" rel="">@Jedi Better Bride Lucina than Bride Eirika, at least in my book.

If they don't have promotions, I'd at least like to see the designs appear as alt costumes; the Grandmaster design is one I've always really liked, for instance.

I don't doubt there will be tons of alternate costumes, or at least I hope so, thats usually a staple of any Koei-Tecmo game is an absurd amount of costumes.

5 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

Hoping that Ike and some Tellius peeps get in.  Although I'm genuinely wondering how mechanically cavs and knights are gonna work in the game.  Hopefully its not too stiff or clunky.

Cavaliers can probably just mount and dismount and Generals if they are slow, they'll probably have some way of moving around faster.

Movement is generally never an issue in Warriors.

It's easy to see some cavaliers having the Ma Chao treatment, thinking on it.

For you who don't know what that means, it, simply put, means you fight better on horseback.

EDIT: Oh yeah, incoming absurd amounts of DLC at inflated prices

Edited by Soledai

56 minutes ago, Soledai said:

It's easy to see some cavaliers having the Ma Chao treatment, thinking on it.

For you who don't know what that means, it, simply put, means you fight better on horseback.

EDIT: Oh yeah, incoming absurd amounts of DLC at inflated prices

Man remember how OP Dynasty Warriors 4 Ma Chao was on a horse with the Shadow Runner? 

Highschool outfits... Or silly seasonal ones.

On 14/01/2017 at 5:12 AM, Jedi said:

2. The Support System and/or Pair Up will be used 

- Warriors Orochi introduced using 3 characters in a rotation that you could switch between on the fly, with FE's pair up system or support system stuff, you could easily do this as a pair system, with the other character giving bonuses to a characters movement/attack speeds, power, elemental damage or anything

I didn't play them myself but I believe some of the Samurai Warriors games had the feature of switching between other warriors on the battlefield. I think it would be in interesting if the player were able to deploy a number of units and direct each unit's target or destination, pair-up to become a stronger united force or separate to cover more objectives/ground.

Game-play involving battling as a party like Dragon Quest Heroes I & II came to mind but judging from the use of the name Musou instead of Heroes and the nature of FE, I think we might end up with something more similar to Musou. 

3. The Level Up System will be akin to Fire Emblem, including Promotions 

- While Hyrule Warriors took a ridiculous extreme to leveling up, with 255 being the cap (giving me Star Ocean flashbacks here), I feel like Koei will try to impliment the FE leveling up system we are more familiar with, with promotions granting potential new weapons and costumes. 

Probable. Levelling up in DQH I&II definitely felt like a similar pace to Dragon Quest games.

12. Chrom, Marth or an Original Avatar will be the defacto main character

- Unless they decide to do a CAC who acts as the main character, (Koei isn't a stranger to Create-A-Character systems), Chrom who was shown prominently in the first teaser, or Marth will be the character who gets the most focus and most weapon types in the game, much like how Link did in Hyrule Warriors although Marth doesn't have nearly as much to go off of as Link did, I'm sure Koei wants to give him something special. 

I do sorta get the feeling that the game will be mostly from Chrom's perspective. Maybe it's due to Awakening's initial reception or the simplicity vibe I get from it... or it could just be because of his voice actor... 

Its good to have the perspective of someone whos played Dragon Quest Heroes, I haven't had the pleasure quite yet. It looks really fun. 

& Yeah I agree, I think Chrom will be the actual main character (as of right now anyways, the direct today could change that outlook)

im just curious if its gonna have character switching like hyrule warriors legends has it... could make it feel like an actual fire emblem game when your able to control many of your units on one map.

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

Man remember how OP Dynasty Warriors 4 Ma Chao was on a horse with the Shadow Runner? 

Highschool outfits... Or silly seasonal ones.

Ah yes, I remember those days well... I wouldn't mind seeing a horse like that again, but with the way things are now, it'd be too free.

I'd be okay with some modern job costumes, I thought some of them were pretty okay.

17 hours ago, Jedi said:

Hmm cloned movesets, I mean it did work in DW7 and while it did bug me, I didn't mind in the end when I realized like most of the characters had a unique weapon although I think I like how 8 handled it more because for sure everyone had one, but they could also switch. This would be very fitting for Fire Emblem as a whole because of the weapon triangle (And DW8 had something like that). I'm not sure if they'll go that direction though, if they decide they want to add more characters via cloned movesets... Hmm I'd have to consider my position on that. I'll get back to you on that one. 

Well I recall a poll in Japan sometime ago and Fire Emblem was one of the most wanted franchises there to get a "Warriors" title... Lemme see if I can dig up that article http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-among-japanese-gamers-most-wanted-warriors-game/ 

Hmm, so you'd like promotion to kinda work like Musou Rage did in Dynasty Warriors 5 somewhat?

I wouldn't mind, but I know many people had that complaint. Still, I think they're going to do the whole no clone movesets thing considering what they've done in the other Warriors games they made recently.  

It's more that I thought it would be reaching out to Fire Emblem fans more than Warriors fans - unless they also care for FE, even if the idea has been floating around for a good time. Compared to Zelda, it's a niche franchise. Maybe it's just my perception because of the lack of excitement from the Koei Warriors site that I occasionally browse. 

I didn't actually play 5, sadly. I mostly got hooked on DW3 but didn't really play a new one until 7. But I'm not quite sure what the general idea would be, because it wouldn't make sense to be temporary, really. It's probably a much safer bet to say that progression will be 40 levels like you said to mimic FE (though the newer DW games tend to go to 99)

And since Samurai Warriors had CAW (Create A Warrior or custom characters for those not versed in Warriors) as a feature even outside the Empires game... I would love to see that for FEW.

Edited by Tryhard

Just now, Tryhard said:

I wouldn't mind, but I know many people had that complaint. I think they're going to do the whole no clone movesets thing considering what they've done in the other Warriors games they made recently.

It's more that I thought it would be reaching out to Fire Emblem fans more than Warriors fans - unless they also care for FE, even if the idea has been floating around for a good time. Compared to Zelda, it's a niche franchise. Maybe it's just my perception because of the lack of excitement from the Koei Warriors site that I occasionally browse. 

I didn't actually play 5, sadly. I mostly got hooked on DW3 but didn't really play a new one until 7. But I'm not quite sure what the general idea would be, because it wouldn't make sense to be temporary, really. It's probably a much safer bet to say that progression will be 40 levels like you said to mimic FE (though the newer DW games tend to go to 99)

And since Samurai Warriors had CAW as a feature even outside the Empires game... I would love to see that for FEW.

I can't speak from sales since that requires research (researching to prove a point! screw that work) but just seeing how Nintendo has treated Fire Emblem in recent years, I think this statement becomes less true with every passing game.

Just now, Jotari said:

I can't speak from sales since that requires research (researching to prove a point! screw that work) but just seeing how Nintendo has treated Fire Emblem in recent years, I think this statement becomes less true with every passing game.

To some degree, yeah, I get that Fire Emblem is getting bigger.

I still think Zelda popularity is still a ways to go, but it's not like it's going for that.

1 minute ago, Tryhard said:

I wouldn't mind, but I know many people had that complaint. I think they're going to do the whole no clone movesets thing considering what they've done in the other Warriors games they made recently.

And since Samurai Warriors had CAW as a feature even outside the Empires game... I would love to see that for FEW.

Yeah that complaint was more in Dynasty Warriors 6, when we had several characters with clone movesets in a game without weapon switches, quite a number of people were angry since they felt it was a huge step backwards from 5. 

I agree with Jotari, but also you on this because FE is getting bigger, but you're right Zelda is still very massive in comparison. 

Oh I see, 3 to 7 must have been a very large and weird leap haha, for all I know they could use items Fates gave us for increasing the level caps as well, so 99 isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

Yeah, Dynasty Warriors 4 did as well, but that was like the only DW game to have it outside of a Empires game. 

- Also a sidenote to everyone else, the Source Gaming discussion I'm taking part in will be later than I expected, they just contacted me and said they got their discussion times mixed up, so I will still be doing one with them, but it might not be for a little bit. Few days potentially, but do stay tuned as I will do my solo thoughts on the event, maybe even grab Elieson.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, the more and more I read on this the more hyped I get.

On the topic of tactics and Fire Emblem's strategy roots, how much of that do you think will play into Fire Emblem Warriors? It is a huge leap to go from a turn based tactical strategy game to a hack and slash game, so I am really curious just how much of Fire Emblem's tactical and strategic aspects will effect the game.

13 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Thanks, the more and more I read on this the more hyped I get.

On the topic of tactics and Fire Emblem's strategy roots, how much of that do you think will play into Fire Emblem Warriors? It is a huge leap to go from a turn based tactical strategy game to a hack and slash game, so I am really curious just how much of Fire Emblem's tactical and strategic aspects will effect the game.

Well considering Koei made a semi historical novel with tons of strategy into a 2D Fighter, then the Warriors formula they got famous for (as well as the actual Tactics game based on the novel which shares its name, Romance of the Three Kingdoms). I don't see too much of a huge change in how tactics are applied, usually you follow orders and mission objectives that your army plans out via plot and such. 

Capturing bases, lowering enemy morale, setting up traps as the plot demands, etc etc. 

Although I still have my theory that traditional FE styled gameplay will come back in some ways. Like how I theorized in my video about a mode that uses FE styled movement but with Warriors styled combat when you attacked. Which Dynasty Warriors Advanced did.

Edited by Jedi

7 hours ago, Jedi said:

Well considering Koei made a semi historical novel with tons of strategy into a 2D Fighter, then the Warriors formula they got famous for (as well as the actual Tactics game based on the novel which shares its name, Romance of the Three Kingdoms). I don't see too much of a huge change in how tactics are applied, usually you follow orders and mission objectives that your army plans out via plot and such. 

Capturing bases, lowering enemy morale, setting up traps as the plot demands, etc etc. 

Although I still have my theory that traditional FE styled gameplay will come back in some ways. Like how I theorized in my video about a mode that uses FE styled movement but with Warriors styled combat when you attacked. Which Dynasty Warriors Advanced did.

Ok, that sounds interesting enough. I really dont know much about the series outside of a few things, so I have no experience with any of them. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Ok, that sounds interesting enough. I really dont know much about the series outside of a few things, so I have no experience with any of them. Thanks.

Glad to help, its always nice to get to talk about stuff I like haha.