Super Mario Odyssey

Anacybele

Any other Mario lovers here super excited for this game? I think it looks totally awesome!

Mario does look hilariously out of place in that city area among all the realistic humans though. lol But that might be the point. XD

And he uses his hat as a sort of boomerang weapon omg lol. And it has eyes, wtf? lol Does it get possessed with some kind of spirit?

IS LUIGI PLAYABLE??? I NEED PLAYABLE LUIGI, NINTENDO. I mean, he's playable in the Galaxy games and 3D World so why not continue that trend? Also, Amiibo support plz. More function for the second wave of Mario Amiibo in particular would be nice.

It looks very promising. Like a lot of other people have mentioned, I'm getting Sonic Adventure vibes from how the city is handled.

I'm kind of in that "this game looks pretty interesting and intriguing but I can't really tell if I'm excited for it or not" position.

It definitely looks like a whole lot of fun but I'm still trying to wrap my head around going from a city with realistic looking people to cartoony looking enemies. It feels very surreal.

I'm definitely interested and I'll be keeping up to date with the news on the game. I'm especially interested in all the new worlds and NPCs they're showing.

And like you, Anacybele, I'm also hoping that Luigi will be playable, whether it be through a 2 player mode, or being a selectable character in himself.

Well, since you're wanting to know that badly if Luigi is playable, we do have these rumours from Laura Kate Dale (who has been right about the October Switch reveal details prior to its reveal) to speculate on. The release dates for a lot of the information on this leak is wrong, but the other points may hold some truth in regards to Super Mario Odyssey:

- the Mario game shown in the Switch reveal trailer is planned as Switch release day title in all territories

- this Mario game will feature a 3D open world hub from which different worlds can be selected
- there will be multiple objectives to complete in each, much like Mario 64 or Mario Galaxy
- the multiplayer teased in the trailer will be a co-op version of the main game
- both players will be able to work together, but with a some sort of tether to keep each other from wandering too far
- player two’s gameplay will not hold player one back from progress
- player two can be the one to complete an objective and be shown as receiving the level end reward
- a screen will then show how much of the progress toward that success was down to each player

- this Mario title has a demo in development that will be ready for press to play in January 2017

That leak is wrong about Odyssey being a launch title though, so it's not 100% credible. And co-op in past 3D Mario games was just a Luma or something like that, not Luigi. Lumas don't appear to be in this game, but something with a similar co-op function could be.

However, I'd totally love to have Mario and Luigi in levels together getting stuff done in a co-op/multiplayer mode! We've yet to see this in the 3D games!

Edited by Anacybele

However, I'd totally love to have Mario and Luigi in levels together getting stuff done in a co-op/multiplayer mode! We've yet to see this in the 3D games!

Uh, Super Mario 3D World? You can totally have co-op with Mario and Luigi in that game.