The Best Classes And Skill Sets For FEF Characters!

Starmytes

I'm replaying Conquest on Lunatic, and following the best marriage pairings guide here: https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/48u8b4/fe14_optimal_fates_pairings_birthright_conquest/

I have been Googling around for the best classes I should be working towards for each character, and skill sets for them... But I have only found this thread which didn't go anywhere: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114533-fire-emblem-fates-conquest/73487346

Access to DLC and amiibo classes is fine, I'm very early into the game still with school keeping me busy, but have been trying to play around with different skill sets. Maybe this thread could develop into some fun discussion about classes and skill sets? Have you created or seen any interesting skill sets for characters via online battles that interested you?

:)

Right, let's see...

For Xander, I haven't gone wrong yet with marrying Selena for the speed and resistance she offers in Falcon Knight, and then going Bow Knight from levels 11 to 15 to get shurikenbreaker and strong riposte, and then finishing off with the skillset of elbow room, strong riposte, shurikenbreaker, defender and either shelter or aegis.

I tend to have Laslow marry Azura and befriend Keaton so he can get Falcon Knight and Berserker so he can promote to Bow Knight, switch to Falcon Knight at level 5, switch to Berserker at level 8, and then Mechanist at level 11 so he can finish off with locktouch, rally skill, rally strength, rally speed, and replicate to become an amazing utility rally bot. It's easy on hard, and tricky but totally doable by chapter 23 if you know what you're doing on lunatic conquest, and trust me, the payoff is insane, especially once you get replicate. Your assaults will become so much more powerful, and in Conquest that's insanely important.

As for the avatar, the only other character I do significant classhopping with, I'll have to get back to you on that, because my main strategy seems to have hit a bit of a snag on Conquest Lunatic without bond units.

Right, let's see...

For Xander, I haven't gone wrong yet with marrying Selena for the speed and resistance she offers in Falcon Knight, and then going Bow Knight from levels 11 to 15 to get shurikenbreaker and strong riposte, and then finishing off with the skillset of elbow room, strong riposte, shurikenbreaker, defender and either shelter or aegis.

I tend to have Laslow marry Azura and befriend Keaton so he can get Falcon Knight and Berserker so he can promote to Bow Knight, switch to Falcon Knight at level 5, switch to Berserker at level 8, and then Mechanist at level 11 so he can finish off with locktouch, rally skill, rally strength, rally speed, and replicate to become an amazing utility rally bot. It's easy on hard, and tricky but totally doable by chapter 23 if you know what you're doing on lunatic conquest, and trust me, the payoff is insane, especially once you get replicate. Your assaults will become so much more powerful, and in Conquest that's insanely important.

As for the avatar, the only other character I do significant classhopping with, I'll have to get back to you on that, because my main strategy seems to have hit a bit of a snag on Conquest Lunatic without bond units.

Thank you, that Laslow sounds really cool! I read something about changing them into a Grandmaster to get Rally Spectrum. I have been running my Corrin with Quixotic / Lifetaker / Nohrian Trust / Hoshidan Unity / Dragon Fang and Jakob with Lethality / Aether / Pavise / Aegis / Skurikenfaire currently.

Thank you, that Laslow sounds really cool! I read something about changing them into a Grandmaster to get Rally Spectrum. I have been running my Corrin with Quixotic / Lifetaker / Nohrian Trust / Hoshidan Unity / Dragon Fang and Jakob with Lethality / Aether / Pavise / Aegis / Skurikenfaire currently.

Yeah, flagrant abuse of Nohrian Trust is probably the ideal build for Corrin and their partner, but actually getting that done in game is a massive pain. Also, I don't see the point of that Shurikenfaire since Jakob's never going to be up front to use it.

Personally I would go Aegis, Pavise, Luna, Astra and Aether for Jakob. Lethality's not actually all that good. It's useless against certain enemies, and Astra and Aether have basically the same end result while also cranking up your guard stance gauge way more than Lethality would.

I can't really think of anything to contribute to this... Largely because I just throw together random skills I like onto my units, and it tends to work out.

I know you like to hype this, but I REALLY doubt it's anywhere near as amazing, let alone practical as you make it out to be...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I can't really think of anything to contribute to this...

I know you like to hype this, but I REALLY doubt it's anywhere near as amazing, let alone practical as you make it out to be...

Aside from the fact that you need a rally bot with at least rally speed or you're just plain not going to be doubling anything with half of your units towards the end of the game, having a rally bot with replicate drastically increases formation flexibility and doesn't require you to make your unit placement revolve around just one unit. You can have your units be more spread out, and it also allows you to rally up your army in response to an unfavorable enemy formation you weren't prepared for and thus didn't group your units all neat and tidy for.

Also it gives you two children with replicate, one of whom shows up just in time to learn shurikenbreaker to help you take out enemy maids and ninjas just when they start coming with inevitable end and thereby becoming your worst nightmare.

I won't deny it takes dedication and preparation to pull off in a timely fashion, but now that I've confirmed for myself that it's doable before starting chapter 23 even on lunatic, I'd definitely say it's worth it.

Edited by Alastor15243

Aside from the fact that you need a rally bot with at least rally speed or you're just plain not going to be doubling anything with half of your units towards the end of the game, having a rally bot with replicate drastically increases formation flexibility and doesn't require you to make your unit placement revolve around just one unit. You can have your units be more spread out, and it also allows you to rally up your army in response to an unfavorable enemy formation you weren't prepared for and thus didn't group your units all neat and tidy for.

Also it gives you two children with replicate, one of whom shows up just in time to learn shurikenbreaker to help you take out enemy maids and ninjas just when they start coming with inevitable end and thereby becoming your worst nightmare.

I won't deny it takes dedication and preparation to pull off in a timely fashion, but now that I've confirmed for myself that it's doable before starting chapter 23 even on lunatic, I'd definitely say it's worth it.

There we go again. You really love to handwave all the effort and setup needed, don't you? First off, this requires marrying Laslow off to Azura, who tends to be really hard to pair off (no fast supports except for Corrin, and singing won't get support levels up nearly fast enough unless you glue Laslow to her, and even then, it takes seven maps minimum before you can marry; this being Azura, of course, I'd expect to need more). Second, I have to use Keaton, who has baggage of his own, long enough to get an A+ support. Third, I have to slog through E rank hell multiple times over at a point in the game where it wouldn't really be ideal to be stuck with only E ranks. Color me unimpressed.

There we go again. You really love to handwave all the effort and setup needed, don't you? First off, this requires marrying Laslow off to Azura, who tends to be really hard to pair off (no fast supports except for Corrin, generally doesn't want to be anywhere near the frontlines, and singing won't get support levels up nearly fast enough unless you glue Laslow to her, and even then, it takes seven maps minimum before you can marry; this being Azura, of course, I'd expect to need more). Second, I have to use Keaton, who has baggage of his own, long enough to get an A+ support. Third, I have to slog through E rank hell multiple times over at a point in the game where it wouldn't really be ideal to be stuck with only E ranks. Color me unimpressed.

A couple things:

First, I'm not handwaving the effort, I will not deny that this isn't something you can do without much thought, and you have to make sure you keep working at those supports with Azura (Keaton's easy, just have him pair up with him if you don't want to train him, he's a great pair-up bot anyway who gives Laslow some much-needed speed), but as long as you keep Laslow at a point where he can take out enemies on player phase, it's far from impossible, and as long as each one of laslow's moves causes an enemy to die it's not like she has anything significantly better to do.

Second, please explain what you mean by "E rank hell", because I'm really not seeing it. What weapons do you expect to be using that E rank bars you from? A handful of gems are all it takes to make a bronze weapon basically a faster and more accurate steel weapon for the exact same cost, and only procstackers or crit builds will notice any real difference. What's such a dealbreaker about being stuck at E ranks when you need to get to A rank to use any non-iron weapons worth using?

Edited by Alastor15243

A couple things:

First, I'm not handwaving the effort, I will not deny that this isn't something you can do without much thought, and you have to make sure you keep working at those supports with Azura (Keaton's easy, just have him pair up with him if you don't want to train him, he's a great pair-up bot anyway who gives Laslow some much-needed speed), but as long as you keep Laslow at a point where he can take out enemies on player phase, it's far from impossible, and as long as each one of laslow's moves causes an enemy to die it's not like she has anything significantly better to do.

Second, please explain what you mean by "E rank hell", because I'm really not seeing it. What weapons do you expect to be using that E rank bars you from? A handful of gems are all it takes to make a bronze weapon basically a faster and more accurate steel weapon for the exact same cost, and only procstackers or crit builds will notice any real difference. What's such a dealbreaker about being stuck at E ranks when you need to get to A rank to use any non-iron weapons worth using?

That basically means having him chase two rabbits at the same time, and you know what they say; if you try to chase two rabbits, both of them will escape. Basically, trying to multitask on supports when one of them is already slow enough to make happen will just make it take longer to get both of them completed, especially when you can only get so many support points in a chapter, Also, the other issue with trying to have him marry Azura is this: Why in the seven hells should I have Laslow hog her attention when she could do more good singing for someone else???

The issue is that I largely have to have him abandon his sword rank for 10 levels, all for something that I deem to not nearly be good enough to justify the headache. Sure, forges might help, but Fates' forge system has its problems.

Main game and PVP are pretty different (mostly down to you only being able to use a very limited amount of people in a PVP team) . Do you have anyone in particular you want to try out this run? Bare in mind that the Pairing Guide you are using based it's data on Pairings that were efficient for the parents and usually didn't place a ton of value on the kids unless they really stood out. The author himself (not the person who made that listing btw) has expressed some hesitation at the recommendations he gave and is now making more in-depth discussions, albeit at a pretty slow pace.

Edited by Avalanche

I'm a little confused, are you looking for classes/skill sets for Lunatic Conquest or for postgame (such as it is) and/or online battle? I'm guessing you're not opposed to Logbook-ing skills since your Avatar's running Hoshidan Unity.

For storyline Lunatic Conquest...if you're not opposed to making a few swaps on that Optimal Pairs list you're using, Azura!Percy can take Rally Speed & Rally Strength pass downs, and Offspring Seal to Wyvern Lord for Rally Defense. Alternatively, you can pass something else from Azura and Heart Seal him to Falcon Knight for Rally Speed if you don't want to lose your Songstress for a few battles, which isn't too bad given that Offspring Sealing him to Wyvern Lord gives him a Lance rank. That's basically be a somewhat less grindy Rallybot than the Laslow solution discussed above, trading Fancy Footwork for Rally Defense...though you can always just use Laslow too.

I'm currently at the tail end of a Conquest run using Master Ninja Camilla!Soleil. A word of caution: it's a LOT of time/grinding to get it going, and won't fully come online until very late, but I'm loving the results. Her set is Replicate (passed from Laslow), Trample (passed from Camilla), Sol, Shurikenbreaker, Shurikenfaire (yeah, that's 4 Lv. 15 skills...she's not finished until Lv. 19, but with her Str she can get by without Shurikenfaire until then). The worst part about that is the Replicate pass down; Trample's not too bad since Camilla levels easily. You could conceivably get it done after Ch. 20 with the right conditions. Again - I'd really only recommend it if you've got a ton of time on your hands. My personal playstyle is really grindy =P .

For online battling...I guess Nohrian Trust, Master Ninja Midori + Skillbot Kaze (Master Ninja or Swordmaster)? I think that one's probably common knowledge though. Unfortunately I don't have personal experience with the Conquest units in online battle to say more.

• 6 months later...

With skills I'm currently working on giving my avatar multiple skill sets so far I have a farming one (for exp and gold) that contains nobility, paragon and profiteer. A offensive one that contains of dragon-fang Astra lethality hoshidan-unity and draconic hex. My defensive set witch contains Pavise, Aegis, Counter, Counter magic, and Miracle, then my hp restoring +extra skills which contains renewal, life taker, swordfaire, death blow, and replicate. Any suggestions for new skills I should get or mix up some new sets? (My other skills are rally luck, Luna, Dragon ward, Nohrian trust, and Shove)