Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Rex Glacies

My advice would be to use the dpad to toss the banana's as far as possible. When your at a safe distance use your horse whistle so the patroling guards go towards the Banana. After that crouch up behind them and one shot them with a sneakstrike.

Also it doesn't matter where you are in the game. The assasins are designed to kill you regardless of armour, fairies or other stuff. I believe every hit is a one shot.

I wish both you and Vai luck with Val Noboris. That place is awful

Edited by Sasori

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Sasori said:

My advice would be to use the dpad to toss the banana's as far as possible. When your at a safe distance use your horse whistle so the patroling guards go towards the Banana. After that crouch up behind them and one shot them with a sneakstrike.

Also it doesn't matter where you are in the game. The assasins are designed to kill you regardless of armour, fairies or other stuff. I believe every hit is a one shot.

I wish both you and Vai luck with Val Noboris. That place is awful

I'd rather not try to attack them, but if I have to and I can still escape, I will. But I see, thanks.

It can't be any worse than Ruta... The dungeon itself wasn't too hard, but that boss, oh my god. The second phase is ridiculous if you're not good with a bow.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd rather not try to attack them, but if I have to and I can still escape, I will. But I see, thanks.

It can't be any worse than Ruta... The dungeon itself wasn't too hard, but that boss, oh my god.

Its not really a fight. When they're busy munching on those banana's and your behind them you can one shot them if your stealthy enough.

The boss in the Gerudo dungeon makes the water boss looks like a total pushover. I did't go to the final boss yet, but the Gerudo boss is the hardest boss in the game by far right now. Quick, deadly and annoying. I suggest you pack fairies.

Edited by Sasori

24 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Its not really a fight. When they're busy munching on those banana's and your behind them you can one shot them if your stealthy enough.

The boss in the Gerudo dungeon makes the water boss looks like a total pushover. I did't go to the final boss yet, but the Gerudo boss is the hardest boss in the game by far right now. Quick, deadly and annoying. I suggest you pack fairies.

I've seen no fairies anywhere though. I don't think they're in this game.

Also, I think I found a real bug in my game. I've gone through the hideout at last, but no Thunder Helm. I only found bananas, bananas, and more bananas... A ton of them in an upper area, and a chest with some in it in the last room.

Edited by Anacybele

Use Magnesis in the last room with the treasure chest containing a banana. The treasure chests buried in the ground are your hint to do that-and be sure to look at every wall when using Magnesis. Also; Fairies can be found at Fairy Fountains. You need to sneak up on them.

8 minutes ago, Dai said:

Use Magnesis in the last room with the treasure chest containing a banana. The treasure chests buried in the ground are your hint to do that-and be sure to look at every wall when using Magnesis. Also; Fairies can be found at Fairy Fountains. You need to sneak up on them.

I didn't see anything buried. I must need to turn a light on or move closer to the TV or something. But thanks.

I got caught trying to leave that room, so I have to start over... Sigh...

Edited by Anacybele

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, I think I found a real bug in my game. I've gone through the hideout at last, but no Thunder Helm. I only found bananas, bananas, and more bananas... A ton of them in an upper area, and a chest with some in it in the last room.

Fairies are always flying around near great fairy fountains. There is one in the woods near Kakariko village. You can see a large plant near the shrine there. Fly over there and you'll find the fountain.

Its been very long since I did the hideout, but I believe you could open a hidden door with Magnesis in the last room.

55 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Have you fought Kouga yet? The end of the Yiga Clan Hideout is a boss fight. Beat him, and the Thunder Helm is in that chest.

1 hour ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Have you fought Kouga yet? The end of the Yiga Clan Hideout is a boss fight. Beat him, and the Thunder Helm is in that chest.

I didn't at the time. And it's Kohga, actually. I feel like the Zelda team stole that name from Pokemon. It sounds like Koga, the ninja gym leader. And these Yiga act like ninjas.

Anyway, I'm finished with the game. No, I didn't beat it. That Naboris boss is just a big fat no. It's too fast to hit or avoid. So I'm done. No way am I dealing with that bullshit. If I play the game again in the future, I'll start a new file and just do the other three beasts. This one isn't worth it.

Edited by Anacybele

And Pokemon clearly stole the name Koga from Inuyasha. Fairly certain Koga's probably a rather old name.

Also, Thunderblight is not that bad. I'm shield blocking its attacks and I've already taken down half of its health.

3 minutes ago, Dai said:

Also, Thunderblight is not that bad. I'm shield blocking its attacks and I've already taken down half of its health.

Tried that. It hits Link anyway. Sorry, but I've made up my mind.

EDIT: Wait, actually, it's not that I already tried using a shield. I just remembered that I don't have a weapon that I can use a shield with. Somehow, I left myself with just spears and clubs and stuff. How did this happen...

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Dai said:

You're clearly not trying hard enough, but hey. Suit yourself. I just beat the boss myself.

Good for you.

See my edit above though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I do have that flame sword...but I believe it's pretty beat up. I have used it a lot already.

Edited by Anacybele

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't at the time. And it's Kohga, actually. I feel like the Zelda team stole that name from Pokemon. It sounds like Koga, the ninja gym leader. And these Yiga act like ninjas.

Anyway, I'm finished with the game. No, I didn't beat it. That Naboris boss is just a big fat no. It's too fast to hit or avoid. So I'm done. No way am I dealing with that bullshit. If I play the game again in the future, I'll start a new file and just do the other three beasts. This one isn't worth it.

Get the Master Sword. It's a pain in the ass, but it'll make trying to damage it a whole hell of a lot easier.

2 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Get the Master Sword. It's a pain in the ass, but it'll make trying to damage it a whole hell of a lot easier.

I can't yet. Don't have enough hearts. I recall it being said earlier that you have to have 13. I believe I only have 9 or so. I'd need to complete sixteen more shrines for enough spirit orbs. I've explored most of the Hyrule map now too. I don't think there are that many remaining.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Dai said:

There's 120 shrines total. I've found over sixty myself, and I don't have the whole map filled in. More than enough to get it.

I knew there were at least 100, that was confirmed before the game released. I have most of the map filled in though, and I haven't been finding as many shrines as I was before.

Gonna @Thane since he asked me about this earlier.

I did Naboris a few days ago, the central mechanic wasn't too difficult to figure out how it worked.  The only two trouble things I ran into was thinking there was a puzzle where there wasn't (Specifically, within the neck I thought I had to hit the dots on the far wall with the laser beams somehow), and missing one of the sparky balls in one of the humps.  Beyond that, while definitely the best of the four, it wasn't too much trouble.

Screw the boss though, who thought it was a good idea to make it so fast?

Also, I've seen all the memories now, so all I have to say is 

Poor literally everyone.

Does anyone know if you can tame the giant horse with only one stamina upgrade? I just found him while adventuring and I didn't think to bring any stamina potions/foods and right now I'm being too stubborn to just leave and come back. But if it's actually impossible I will go and actually prepare myself xp

4 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Gonna @Thane since he asked me about this earlier.

I did Naboris a few days ago, the central mechanic wasn't too difficult to figure out how it worked.  The only two trouble things I ran into was thinking there was a puzzle where there wasn't (Specifically, within the neck I thought I had to hit the dots on the far wall with the laser beams somehow), and missing one of the sparky balls in one of the humps.  Beyond that, while definitely the best of the four, it wasn't too much trouble.

Hahaha, my issue was that I had no idea how to get up on the damn thing because I had missed a bloody ladder. I got it working later, and it did take getting some used to to the central mechanic, but hey.

I'm so surprised they made such a cheap boss. Like sure, you can learn its patterns, but how many people do NOT get caught completely off guard the first time?

Reveal hidden contents

Poor literally everyone.

Spoiler

I'm baffled by the decision to make everyone remain in spirit form. Why not make a subplot out of finding new Champions for the Divine Beasts rather than them being controlled by ghosts? 

I'd heard the Vah Medoh arc was surprisingly short. It was...actually kind of pleasant, really. I blazed right through that dungeon, compared to Vah Naboris.

4 hours ago, Thane said:

Hahaha, my issue was that I had no idea how to get up on the damn thing because I had missed a bloody ladder. I got it working later, and it did take getting some used to to the central mechanic, but hey.

I'm so surprised they made such a cheap boss. Like sure, you can learn its patterns, but how many people do NOT get caught completely off guard the first time?

Hide contents

I'm baffled by the decision to make everyone remain in spirit form. Why not make a subplot out of finding new Champions for the Divine Beasts rather than them being controlled by ghosts? 

What makes it really unfortunate is that there were perfectly servicable options in the four characters who help Link board the things (Sidon, Yunobo, Riju, and the forgettable seagull Rito).  Would have helped develop them more, especially Yunobo and aside from the Rito, if they got a take up my sword sort of moment with the Beasts, particularly since three of them are related to the Champion whose beast they help you board.