Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Rex Glacies

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Hide contents

What makes it really unfortunate is that there were perfectly servicable options in the four characters who help Link board the things (Sidon, Yunobo, Riju, and the forgettable seagull Rito).  Would have helped develop them more, especially Yunobo and aside from the Rito, if they got a take up my sword sort of moment with the Beasts, particularly since three of them are related to the Champion whose beast they help you board.

Exactly, that's precise what I was referring to. I don't really understand that decision.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the idea is that the Divine Beasts are hard to control, so teaching a new generation to pilot them would kind of be counter-intuitive to defeating Calamity Ganon at that point in time.

Not to mention that Sidon is probably too full of himself (as amusing as he is), Riju is just a child who's already insecure about her duties as a chief (look at her diary and you'll see what I mean), and Yunobo doesn't seem smart enough. I don't know about the Rito yet, haven't gotten to that point. But I can't see any of the other three being able to pilot these things.

But I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks the Naboris boss is stupid. I guess I'll keep trying. I was mainly just discouraged because I felt so proud of myself for being able to tackle other things I found really difficult in the game (the fortress maze to the northeast, the modest and major tests of strength shrines, etc.) and then I come to this boss and I feel like I'm no good again. xP But it looks like this one gave everybody problems, so it's not just me, yay! I feel better now.

Oh, I forgot to mention before, I got another horse before entering the desert area. I named it Cookie because it's a paint horse whose coloring makes me think of cookies. lol I'd wanted to get more horses, and Windswept needed a break, I reckoned. Poor thing's been struck by too much lightning and killed by guardians lately. Yes, the guardians can kill your horse. Be careful there.

Still need to nab a palomino to name Sunfire though! (that's the name of a horse in my Zelda fic, owned by a main character)

Edited by Anacybele

43 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not to mention that Sidon is probably too full of himself (as amusing as he is), Riju is just a child who's already insecure about her duties as a chief (look at her diary and you'll see what I mean), and Yunobo doesn't seem smart enough. I don't know about the Rito yet, haven't gotten to that point. But I can't see any of the other three being able to pilot these things.

But I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks the Naboris boss is stupid. I guess I'll keep trying. I was mainly just discouraged because I felt so proud of myself for being able to tackle other things I found really difficult in the game (the fortress maze to the northeast, the modest and major tests of strength shrines, etc.) and then I come to this boss and I feel like I'm no good again. xP But it looks like this one gave everybody problems, so it's not just me, yay! I feel better now.

Oh, I forgot to mention before, I got another horse before entering the desert area. I named it Cookie because it's a paint horse whose coloring makes me think of cookies. lol I'd wanted to get more horses, and Windswept needed a break, I reckoned. Poor thing's been struck by too much lightning and killed by guardians lately. Yes, the guardians can kill your horse. Be careful there.

Still need to nab a palomino to name Sunfire though! (that's the name of a horse in my Zelda fic, owned by a main character)

As far as ego goes, Sidon has nothing on literally Falco the Rito Champion Revali.  That guy is probably the most egotistical character in the game.  And honestly, Sidon isn't even that full of himself, as far as I can tell.  He's proud, but not to the point where it seems like his ego is over his head and he knows his limits.

Yunobo really just needs a confidence boost.  He's not unintelligent either, really.  Just a bit cowardly, and that's part of why I think he'd be able to benefit the most from succeeding the former Champion as new pilot.  Could show a lot of growth for him.

Riju, again, can help her confidence, and help prove to her people she isn't weak.  She thinks they coddle her too much, basically, and I can see her living up to Urbosa's name can really help her.

Sorry, but I just don't agree. These are likable characters, I don't mean to say that I don't like them or anything. Sidon is my favorite so far, in fact. But I feel they would have a lot to learn before they're worthy of piloting the beasts. I also don't think Riju needs more pressure than she already has to be a good chief (she'd be trying to live up to her mother's name AND Urbosa's), and I don't think Sidon's dad wants to risk his other child when he already lost one of them.

Beat the game.

Now for the Completionist Run

I gotta say...does anyone feel bad for Ganon? I mean...he's spent at least over ten-thousand years as this eldritch abomination...after all the time that's passed, this poor man, thanks to being Demise's curse, has just suffered such a horrible fate.

Edited by Dai

7 minutes ago, Dai said:

Beat the game.

Now for the Completionist Run

Hide contents

I gotta say...does anyone feel bad for Ganon? I mean...he's spent at 

least over ten-thousand years as this eldritch abomination...after all the time that's passed, this poor man, thanks to being Demise's curse, has just suffered such a horrible fate.

Yeah, I do.  Though it's in part because we already know his original intentions basically were: "I'm king of a desert wasteland and all my subjects are suffering.  I need to DO something about this."  Then Demise's curse kicked in and we all know how things go from there.

There's also Urbosa actively spiting him.

Sigh... I simply cannot beat this boss. It's too fast. My reaction time is too slow. I can get kind of close to beating it, but by that time, all my weapons in which I can use a shield with are gone as well, except for a lame torch. I don't have many available. Just a beat up knight's broadsword, a beat up flame sword, and a weak guardian sword. Constantly switching it out for something else once I've blocked an attack takes only a second, but against this thing, a second is too long.

It really doesn't help that you have to waste some of your weapon uses destroying the thing's shield before you can even do damage. I don't know where to get any good weapons right now. Any weapons I've had I've randomly picked up in shrines or from enemies I beat along the way. The latter usually gets me clubs and spears that you can't use a shield with, so I really don't know where to get some more strong swords that I can use a shield with...

EDIT: Okay, I had one last idea... And it worked. Although barely. I still nearly got my ass handed to me yet again. I let Mipha's Grace become active again first of all (though rather unwittingly. Nice timing there). Then I decided to use Daruk's massive sword to deal maximum damage in the second phase before this stupid thing could overwhelm me again. This was on top of what I was doing before, switching out the torch for something stronger when I had an opening to strike.

Edited by Anacybele

I haven't finished this game yet, but I'm pretty much ready to call this the best Zelda game yet. I want to get my remaining memories (3 to go) and then finish it up.

8 hours ago, Dai said:

I'd heard the Vah Medoh arc was surprisingly short. It was...actually kind of pleasant, really. I blazed right through that dungeon, compared to Vah Naboris.

I did that one last and it was so quick and easy compared to the other three it actually left me feeling a bit unfulfilled.

It's not the best Zelda game to me at all. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. But it's not the best. It has some glaring problems that I imagine Aonuma and his team didn't really count on happening.

For example, that Naboris boss was cheap like others said.

Another thing, enemies do way too much damage sometimes, and some come completely out of nowhere. For example, I just lost one of my horses. Forever. Because all of a sudden, as I'm just riding along in a part of the map I haven't explored yet with nothing bothering me, a group of Yiga ambushed me. I stood no chance against them when at least one of them was a really powerful one like you see at their hideout. Two others were shooting arrows at me. I couldn't escape at all, because I tried to, but they're so fast that they kept knocking me off my horse. The horse was killed from this. I just let myself die to get him back, because I had to do that a couple times before when I was ambushed by guardians (which are also too cheap, imo. You can try getting certain tools from Robbie to deal with them, but they're VERY costly). But this time, my horse didn't come back for some reason. As far as I've seen, the Yiga appear completely randomly and just about anywhere. So because of a sudden and completely unpredictable ambush, I've lost a horse that I just recently got. How the hell is anyone supposed to see such attacks coming?

RIP Cookie... I'm sorry this game is so cheap and stupid sometimes.

Another flaw is a lack of real dungeons. The divine beasts aren't that good. They're too small and short to really be called dungeons. This world is SO huge that I see no good reason why actual dungeons couldn't have been implemented. This is the biggest Zelda world to date! Yet it has virtually no dungeons, only a bunch of little shrines scattered everywhere. I like the shrines enough, they do well as mini dungeons and little treasure hunts, but beyond that, they're nothing too special.

This game is just an 7.5, maybe 8 out of 10 for me. Skyward Sword is still the best Zelda to me, and though it still has flaws too, its flaws aren't as bad as those of other Zelda games to me.

Going back to the Yiga though, they've seriously been going after me ever since I finished going through their hideout and I don't stand a chance against them any time one shows up now (at least, the big ones with the large swords). I can't progress through the game like this, so I guess I'm finished for real here. They won't leave me alone and I just keep getting killed by them. I also don't want to catch more horses and then lose them again. I grow attached to them, you know... Horses are my favorite animals. And I've yet to see another horse of Cookie's coloring...

Edited by Anacybele

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's not the best Zelda game to me at all. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. But it's not the best. It has some glaring problems that I imagine Aonuma and his team didn't really count on happening.

For example, that Naboris boss was cheap like others said.

Another thing, enemies do way too much damage sometimes, and some come completely out of nowhere. For example, I just lost one of my horses. Forever. Because all of a sudden, as I'm just riding along in a part of the map I haven't explored yet with nothing bothering me, a group of Yiga ambushed me. I stood no chance against them when at least one of them was a really powerful one like you see at their hideout. Two others were shooting arrows at me. I couldn't escape at all, because I tried to, but they're so fast that they kept knocking me off my horse. The horse was killed from this. I just let myself die to get him back, because I had to do that a couple times before when I was ambushed by guardians (which are also too cheap, imo. You can try getting certain tools from Robbie to deal with them, but they're VERY costly). But this time, my horse didn't come back for some reason. As far as I've seen, the Yiga appear completely randomly and just about anywhere. So because of a sudden and completely unpredictable ambush, I've lost a horse that I just recently got. How the hell is anyone supposed to see such attacks coming?

RIP Cookie... I'm sorry this game is so cheap and stupid sometimes.

Another flaw is a lack of real dungeons. The divine beasts aren't that good. They're too small and short to really be called dungeons. This world is SO huge that I see no good reason why actual dungeons couldn't have been implemented. This is the biggest Zelda world to date! Yet it has virtually no dungeons, only a bunch of little shrines scattered everywhere. I like the shrines enough, they do well as mini dungeons and little treasure hunts, but beyond that, they're nothing too special.

This game is just an 7.5, maybe 8 out of 10 for me. Skyward Sword is still the best Zelda to me, and though it still has flaws too, its flaws aren't as bad as those of other Zelda games to me.

Going back to the Yiga though, they've seriously been going after me ever since I finished going through their hideout and I don't stand a chance against them any time one shows up now (at least, the big ones with the large swords). I can't progress through the game like this, so I guess I'm finished for real here. They won't leave me alone and I just keep getting killed by them. I also don't want to catch more horses and then lose them again. I grow attached to them, you know... Horses are my favorite animals. And I've yet to see another horse of Cookie's coloring...

If you've become attached to your horse you could always search for the spring of the horse goddess. She'll revive your horses in exchance for some rupies. I don't know how much though since my horses seem to be champs at tanking guardian blasts to the face.

I don't recall seeing giant Yiga's that much though. Its mostly smaller archer ones that suddenly appear out of nowhere. Upgrading armour at the fairy fountains would be my advice.

I hear a lot of people complain about the Yiga, I honestly find them pretty predictable enemies who go down rather quick.

The real nuisances are Moblins, with their absurd reach

As for my opinion on the game, I'd probably slot it between Spirit Tracks and Twilight Princess as my sixth favorite for the series.  The overworld is much better than TP's, and the shrine puzzles are amazing, but the Divine Beast Dungeons are really lacking an I overall prefer TP's story, which is how it falls behind that game.

Just now, Sasori said:

She'll revive your horses in exchance for some rupies. I don't know how much though since my horses seem to be champs at tanking guardian blasts to the face.

1000 Rupees a pop.  Yeah, she's pricey.  

3 minutes ago, Sasori said:

If you've become attached to your horse you could always search for the spring of the horse goddess. She'll revive your horses in exchance for some rupies. I don't know how much though since my horses seem to be champs at tanking guardian blasts to the face.

I don't recall seeing giant Yiga's that much though. Its mostly smaller archer ones that suddenly appear out of nowhere. Upgrading armour at the fairy fountains would be my advice.

Where's that spring at? I haven't seen it at all.

I've been seeing the big Yiga guys a LOT. Like, almost every time one shows up, it's a big Yiga. I did upgrade some stuff at a fairy fountain (though I've only found one fountain so far), but I might be able to upgrade more at this point.

EDIT: The big Yiga guys don't go down easy at ALL, Glac, what are you talking about? You try fighting one of them. They're twice Link's size and carry big swords that take off like ten hearts. The Master Sword does very little damage to them. A big club might do a lot, but Link swings them so slowly that it would be hard to get a hit in with them since the Yiga are ninja-like and fast.

Moblins are easy. Try battling a Lynel or Hinox, they're practically impossible.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I've been seeing the big Yiga guys a LOT. Like, almost every time one shows up, it's a big Yiga. I did upgrade some stuff at a fairy fountain (though I've only found one fountain so far), but I might be able to upgrade more at this point.

It's south or slightly southeast of Lake Hylia, iirc.

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

I hear a lot of people complain about the Yiga, I honestly find them pretty predictable enemies who go down rather quick.

The real nuisances are Moblins, with their absurd reach

As for my opinion on the game, I'd probably slot it between Spirit Tracks and Twilight Princess as my sixth favorite for the series.  The overworld is much better than TP's, and the shrine puzzles are amazing, but the Divine Beast Dungeons are really lacking an I overall prefer TP's story, which is how it falls behind that game.

1000 Rupees a pop.  Yeah, she's pricey.  

I did't really think the Yiga's where too though, but they are pretty annoying. I usually just don't want to bother with them when i'm exploring.

Moblins are pretty though, but for some reason they aren't very acurate. Maybe their size makes it hard for them to aim.

...How are you people having trouble with Moblins? They're so easy for me. They often wield weak weapons too, and once I knock them out of their hands, they're smooshed in seconds. Are you sure you don't actually mean Lynels or Hinoxes or something? Lynels are the Centaur/lion-like things and Hinoxes are the giant fat monsters that you find sleeping in some areas. I just don't bother them.

I can't afford 1000 rupees... I mean, technically I can right now, but it'd be nearly all of my money. I'd rather use it to upgrade armor or buy new armor or something.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: The big Yiga guys don't go down easy at ALL, Glac, what are you talking about? You try fighting one of them. They're twice Link's size and carry big swords that take off like ten hearts. The Master Sword does very little damage to them. A big club might do a lot, but Link swings them so slowly that it would be hard to get a hit in with them since the Yiga are ninja-like and fast.

I believe your only able to upgrade an additional time when you found a new spring. There's one in the Gerudo dessert. Its by the dragon skull on the map. Just make sure to bring a sand seal with you. 

The horse spring is indeed near lake Hylia. Its in the south and I believe one of the lakes is named something like horse goddess lake. If you got the tower their you should be fine.

But a question from me now. Does anyone know if you get some extra stuff from doing all/most sidequests in the Rito, Zora and Goron villages? I got a nice reward from the Gerudo quests, but I haven't heard if other towns give out rewards as well.

Edited by Sasori

2 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I believe your only able to upgrade an additional time when you found a new spring. There's one in the Gerudo dessert. Its by the dragon skull on the map. Just make sure to bring a sand seal with you. 

The horse spring is indeed near lake Hylia. Its in the south and I believe one of the lakes is named something like horse goddess lake. If you got the tower their you should be fine.

I got the tower there, but I don't remember seeing a horse goddess lake on the map... Maybe I just didn't notice it somehow.

Yeaaah, I don't want to go back to the desert right now... But I'll keep that in mind for the future.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Moblins are easy. Try battling a Lynel or Hinox, they're practically impossible.

I've fought three Blademasters (the big ones), two assassins, and five archers total, I never really had trouble with any of them.  If it helps, I had two pieces of Barbarian armor on against most of them.

The Master Sword is meant to fight Malice'd enemies (against which it's might doubles), which the Yiga aren't.  

I've also fought multiple Hinoxes (such as in the Ruins north of the Lost Woods), they're so painfully slow and easy to stun (via classic Zelda eye shooting) I can't consider them a hard boss, though not as easy as Molduga.  Lynels are dumb though.

As for Moblins, again, it's their reach that gets me.  It's very difficult to get close to them.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I've fought three Blademasters (the big ones), two assassins, and five archers total, I never really had trouble with any of them.  If it helps, I had two pieces of Barbarian armor on against most of them.

The Master Sword is meant to fight Malice'd enemies (against which it's might doubles), which the Yiga aren't.  

I've also fought multiple Hinoxes (such as in the Ruins north of the Lost Woods), they're so painfully slow and easy to stun (via classic Zelda eye shooting) I can't consider them a hard boss, though not as easy as Molduga.  Lynels are dumb though.

As for Moblins, again, it's their reach that gets me.  It's very difficult to get close to them.

Oh, I don't have any barbarian armor except the helmet... Where'd you get it? But yeah, I don't have trouble with the assassins or archers, it's the blademasters you mentioned.

Hinoxes kill me on the spot if I disturb one, same with Lynels.

Moblins were no trouble. I just maneuver around them to get away from their weapons and use my own spears to reach.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Oh, I don't have any barbarian armor except the helmet... Where'd you get it? But yeah, I don't have trouble with the assassins or archers, it's the blademasters you mentioned.

Hinoxes kill me on the spot if I disturb one, same with Lynels.

Moblins were no trouble. I just maneuver around them to get away from their weapons and use my own spears to reach.

The three pieces of Barbarian Armor (the ones I have are the pants and shirt) are in the shrines in the three labyrinths.  There is one labyrinth in eastern Gerudo Desert, one in northeastern Hebra, and one in Northeastern Akkala (which you did).

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

The three pieces of Barbarian Armor (the ones I have are the pants and shirt) are in the shrines in the three labyrinths.  There is one labyrinth in eastern Gerudo Desert, one in northeastern Hebra, and one in Northeastern Akkala (which you did).

Oh, okay. Yeah I did the Akkala one. That seems to be the one that you didn't do, so if you'd like, I can show or tell you how to get through it. It'll probably make your life easier. :P

Take a path all the way up the left side, you should eventually come to a stone block you can move with magnesis and the path to the shrine is that way. Don't worry about the flying sentries, they won't see you unless you somehow climb up there, methinks. They never spotted me, so... There's another stone block you can move on the right side of the labrynth, but it leads to a dead end. HOWEVER, there's treasure in that dead end as well. I can draw the route on a map of the labyrinth too if needed, no problem. Just watch out for a couple guardians lurking there.

Hebra must be a part of the map I haven't explored yet, as it's unfamiliar to me.

24 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

out of curiosity, what's your top 5, glaciannie?

Also, I thought you disliked twilight princess

Just now, Nobody said:

out of curiosity, what's your top 5, glaciannie?

Also, I thought you disliked twilight princess

The Wind Waker, A Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask, Phantom Hourglass, and Twilight Princess.

And nah, I quite like it.  The one I don't like is Ocarina of Time, haha.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, okay. Yeah I did the Akkala one. That seems to be the one that you didn't do, so if you'd like, I can show or tell you how to get through it. It'll probably make your life easier. :P

Reveal hidden contents

Take a path all the way up the left side, you should eventually come to a stone block you can move with magnesis and the path to the shrine is that way. Don't worry about the flying sentries, they won't see you unless you somehow climb up there, methinks. They never spotted me, so... There's another stone block you can move on the right side of the labrynth, but it leads to a dead end. HOWEVER, there's treasure in that dead end as well. I can draw the route on a map of the labyrinth too if needed, no problem. Just watch out for a couple guardians lurking there.

Hebra must be a part of the map I haven't explored yet, as it's unfamiliar to me.

Hebra is the most Northwestern region, so yeah.  Snowy mountain.

Tbh I just didn't want to deal with the Guardian skywatchers, haha.  I'll get around to it eventually, because the Attack boost from the armour is really nice.