Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Rex Glacies

Just now, Locke087 said:

No there's more upgrades talk to her and her  partner again their is, Bombs +, Sensor +, and Statis +, it is a side quest she will give you.

Oh. I didn't know those existed at all. I already went through all four Divine Beasts and stuff too. Now I won't have a lot of use for them outside the castle. :( But thanks.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is usually why I talk to a lot of people multiple times over, just to be sure I haven't missed anything.

Also, I love the dragons in this game. There's just something so...peaceful about seeing them.

8 hours ago, Dai said:

Also, I love the dragons in this game. There's just something so...peaceful about seeing them.

Except for when you first find Naydra. That was... terrifying and unexpected.

Also, what are the uses of the dragon scales? I understand that you can get multiple of them, but the only use I've found is to unlock the shrines at the three springs.

Elixirs, and I imagine potential garment upgrades. Or money.

You can get their teeth and horns, too.

Edited by Dai

7 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Also, what are the uses of the dragon scales? I understand that you can get multiple of them, but the only use I've found is to unlock the shrines at the three springs.

Upgrading the Champion's Tunic.

12 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

4 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Upgrading the Champion's Tunic.

So far there is no upgrade I have seen using scales both the Barbarian set and Champion's tunic use Horns.  That being said they be a piece of armor that I have yet to see the full upgrades that uses them. I mostly sell them...

How do you get these dragon scales? I never figured it out and I'd like to bring one to the springs that require them. But it doesn't appear there's anyway to talk to or attack to dragons or anything?

I feel like these dragons have some connection to the ones in Skyward Sword, btw. They share the same elements as far as I've seen.

Edited by Anacybele

Hit them with an arrow. Pay attention to the spot where you hit the dragon and after a few seconds you should see something fall slowly to the ground looking like a shooting star.

You can only get one part each day and there are several possible parts you can get. The part you get depends on where you hit the dragon.

Edited by BrightBow

36 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How do you get these dragon scales? I never figured it out and I'd like to bring one to the springs that require them. But it doesn't appear there's anyway to talk to or attack to dragons or anything?

I feel like these dragons have some connection to the ones in Skyward Sword, btw. They share the same elements as far as I've seen.

I think if you hit their heads with an arrow they'll drop a scale, though I don't know how to get other parts. The easiest is probably Naydra atop Mt. Lanayru, where you have to complete a mini-quest/shooting challenge. At the end the quest the game tells you how to get the scale.

They do seem like Skyward Sword's dragons, though the wisdom dragon in here is more ice like, I think, rather than water. They are also eastern in design and have Chinese-esk music.

3 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

I think if you hit their heads with an arrow they'll drop a scale, though I don't know how to get other parts. The easiest is probably Naydra atop Mt. Lanayru, where you have to complete a mini-quest/shooting challenge. At the end the quest the game tells you how to get the scale.

They do seem like Skyward Sword's dragons, though the wisdom dragon in here is more ice like, I think, rather than water. They are also eastern in design and have Chinese-esk music.

Oh, okay, I see then. I'll have to remember that.

47 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, okay, I see then. I'll have to remember that.

Actually hitting anywhere that is not the Horns (which will give you Horns), Claws/or near the claws (which will give you Claws) or Teeth/near the mouth (which will give you Teeth) will give a Scale, I recommend not aiming for the head if you want a scale you might accidentally get a horn or teeth.

It took me about 180 hours or something, but I finally managed to 100% this massive game. It was a lot of fun, quite a bit of frustation at times and definitely tedious but damn, I'm happy I did it. I've never felt so accomplished in 100%ing any other game so far.
Beware of the pictures inside the spoiler, as they may show things you may not want to get spoiled for yourself. (Mostly the rewards for doing certain stuff, numbers of certain things like sideqsts and such).

Spoiler

20170405_005547.jpg.9feb31e91be4f5d6acc95605916c4acc.jpg20170405_005621.jpg.69f0c10570a49bc1d4857d28c0b9d04d.jpg20170405_005608.jpg.7c6865585c84e985c9cd80fc88fd707a.jpg20170405_005614.jpg.75654b77fa70d4a0ca9c86c321e86ee9.jpg20170405_005557.jpg.1ab861d9d4b97bdd3f14112ea8191774.jpg

The letter is the reward for completing the compendium, the 3 medals are for defeating each Talus, Hinox and Molduga, and the bigger Seed is for collecting all 900 Koroks. Also all Horsegear that isn't locked behind Amiibo.

I also collected every non-Amiibo-exclusive Armor and upgraded it to at least 2 Stars to unlock its bonuseffects. Most are fully upgraded though.

100% on the Mapscreen includes all Shrines, Koroks, all 4 divine Beasts, every Tower and unlocking every named Location in the Game.

For me personally, it wasn't even the worst Zelda to get the 100% on. I would rather play this game for 100% again, than doing the Oracle RNG Hell of Rings, Original Windwakers Pictograph stupidity and Minish Caps figurine madness for a second time.
For now, I just hope that the DLC won't add new Koroks later, as I'm sick of those little freaks (I will still collect them all though).

On 2.4.2017 at 8:21 AM, TheKingOfTheDragovians said:

Going for 100% completion, wish me luck.

~ I wish you the best of luck, may the motivation for this enormous task never leave you ~

9 minutes ago, Dai said:

I WASNT AWARE THAT BOKOBLINS COULD BECOME SILVER...I THOUGHT THAT WAS EXCLUSIVE TO LYNELS.

All enemies with the normal -> Blue -> Black thing have silver variants (except maybe Hinoxes).

I've put the game down for a week or two so I think i'm ready to give my opinion on the game.

As a whole I love the game, but their is one point that I hope they work on for the next games.

They really nailed the open world aspect. Getting around is inherently fun and unlike other open world games you have much more freedom in movement. In other games such as Skyrim mountains are roadblocks which you either need to move around or follow the path up. In this game everything is climbable and the sail makes sure you can get around everywhere quickly as well.

Combat is a bit more satisfying then usual Zelda games. Less reliance on hitting obvious weakspots and more of a focus on quick action. It works pretty well.

The story is decent enough. The champions are all entertaining and/or interesting and this Zelda and Link are probably the most interesting of the bunch. I do think the backstory is more interesting then the main story, but the main story does its job well enough.

My main problem with the game and the reason that i've put it down for a bit is that there is little to go back to now that i've beaten Ganon. Breakable weapons are fine in gameplay, but weapons as rewards don't have much vallue. Rupies aren't valuable either since ores are everwhere and i'm at the point where extra hearts and stamina don't make that much of a difference anymore. So  at the moment I have no reason to do sidequests other then I because I want to.

There are special side quests which are fun to do, but other then Tarrey town and the Gerudo special item no sidequest really has much in the way of a reward. The goddess spring quest for example just offer the same spirit orbs as anything else and a spear that by now I can find with no difficulty at all.

So what I am meaning to say is that I think the core mechanics of this Zelda are great and I hope they keep it. I just hope they figure out a way to implement meanful rewards and sidequest that are a bit more varried next time.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wait, the classic green tunic IS in this game? Where? I haven't seen any hint of it anywhere.

If you do every single shrine in the game you get the tunic. Or use the amiibo's of various Links to get their clothing. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Just now, Sasori said:

Its a reward for 

Hide contents

Beating all 120 shrines.

Oh. Figures it would be something that drastic, given what you had to do to get the Hylian Shield in SS.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. Figures it would be something that drastic, given what you had to do to get the Hylian Shield in SS.

The sad part is it's not even that good as a piece of equipment, it's basically a bragging rights reward...

Well, while we're on the subject of shrines:

I'm down to the last few (I want to say 5?) shrines in the game, but I'm getting frustrated at finding them. Can anybody point me in the direction of a walkthrough or a map of all the shrine locations?

36 minutes ago, MarioKirby said:

Well, while we're on the subject of shrines:

I'm down to the last few (I want to say 5?) shrines in the game, but I'm getting frustrated at finding them. Can anybody point me in the direction of a walkthrough or a map of all the shrine locations?

This map has been pretty useful for me