Forum Update Discussion Thread Fun Zone

Parrhesia

hmm  

93 members have voted

1. 1. So what do you think?

• I LIKE IT and it is the right combination of FUNCTIONAL/PRETTY
    • Finding it A BIT UNCANNY for now, with SOME PROS and SOME CONS, but upgrading was overall THE RIGHT CHOICE
    • I DO NOT LIKE it but accept that it was PROBABLY NECESSARY, and I will PROBABLY GET USED TO IT
    • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

USEFUL THINGS PEOPLE HAVE FOUND

Throwback Interface Tweaks

10 hours ago, Makaze said:

If anyone wants to temporarily enact the avatar and sidebar style edits, add this CSS to Stylish (Addon for Firefox & Chrome) under serenesforest.net domain:

aside.ipsComment_author.cAuthorPane.ipsColumn.ipsColumn_medium {    background-color: #fafafa;    border-right: 1px solid #ddd;}aside.ipsComment_author.cAuthorPane.ipsColumn.ipsColumn_medium img {    height: auto ! important;    width: auto ! important;    max-width: 150px ! important;    max-height: 150px ! important;    border-radius: 0px ! important;}[data-ipshover] img {    border-radius: 0px ! important;}

Edited by Parrhesia

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do actually like the colours of the new skin, and my initial negativity is triggered a little by the first thing I tested being my own LP of 96 updates at which point I found out the spoiler functionality has, uh, broken (or, rather, it's not [spoiler=this] anymore, but a different button). There also doesn't seem to be an option to, uh... ... it was the button on the upper-left that kinda simplified the text? So you could paste basic deformatted stuff in?

That said I assume the upgrade has to do with things like 'the forum usually went down for two hours a day' and 'IPC was basically broken' so I'm behind the decision, it just personally inconveniences me right now. I'll get used to the new look, so will most other people probably.

Edited by Parrhesia

Okay so yeah it can now notify you as like, the bottom-right-of-the-screen popup thing if you want. Does make a slightly jarring sound though.

... In fact I don't think I enabled it at all? It might just be default for threads you make.

Edited by Parrhesia

It's official.

We are... okay it doesn't seem to want to insert an image.

fuck okay so. There appears to be no easy way to dump a bunch of images into the thing, aka 'to do screenshot LPs'.

Edited by Parrhesia

I do not like this change and feel it was completely and entirely unnecessary. What was wrong with the old one? What stopped you from just adding new stuff onto it?

My biggest personal gripe is the fact the main page is so stretched out with absolutely nothing to break up the view like the old one. ...I also used to stalk new threads using the new thread tracker, which was literally half my reason for coming here. And also that a ton of graphics are presently missing, but I assume that'll be worked out over time...? The theme doesn't bother me, I don't care about that, though I miss my purple. What bothers me is the fact the layout is completely different and in my opinion entirely inferior to the old one.

I assume the reasoning was something like "upgrading forum to use new, less outdated framework for security and stability reasons" but why did you have to nuke all the things that made the layout nice in the process? Now it just feels clunky and obtuse, like some default IPboard website which looks awful.

also spoilers and a handful of other things are completely broken by the looks of things

Edited by Ritisa

Mostly waiting for things like quotes actually listing who originally said them, but I agree that the color scheme is less than desirable. I figure that it'll all be sorted out as time goes on. The forums aren't completely up and running with all the features present, after all.

1 minute ago, Eleanor Hume said:

I couldn't use BBCodes to restore the broken spoiler tags in my profile.

The spoiler was not shown for me when I clicked on my profile.

Hide contents

test

Seems to be working on my end.