This Game's publisher is listed as Koei Tecmo-- and what that may mean

The DanMan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Hardin said:

Nintendo briefly mentioned the game in their third quarter briefing, and they clarified that the game will be published by KT in Japan, but by Nintendo internationally. So this is exactly like the Hyrule Warriors situation. 

That was obvious for me so it wasn't worrying!

13 hours ago, Hardin said:

Nintendo briefly mentioned the game in their third quarter briefing, and they clarified that the game will be published by KT in Japan, but by Nintendo internationally. So this is exactly like the Hyrule Warriors situation. 

That should highly increase the likelihood for DLC characters (I think it practically guarantees them), so even if we get a 15 base roster, expect that to expand by... I dunno, hopefully by one third or by half of the base roster.

Edited by Folt

I'd prefer Japanese voice acting, honestly  Awakening had decent voice acting but I don't like most of the other English VA for Fire Emblem.

On 1/17/2017 at 11:44 AM, Jedi said:

I agree with Vincent here, why should we be trying to drag everything down already when we know next to nothing? Plus Karnage already stated that Koei Tecmo was in charge for the Japanese release of HW.

I'm not even all that interested in the game and I'm still not seeing why this is such a big deal myself haha.

4 minutes ago, Refa said:

I'm not even all that interested in the game and I'm still not seeing why this is such a big deal myself haha.

Dubbing is serious business these days! Apparently.. 

4 hours ago, Jedi said:

Dubbing is serious business these days! Apparently.. 

It was more my paranoia of "oh crap are we going to have less than ten characters" that caused me to create this thread.
Though I'd definitely prefer a dub, as unlike LoZ FE has more defined characters that have their own distinct voices in recent years.

I'm not, nor was I ever, that particularly worried. I think this will probably be another Hyrule Warriors-style case with a fair amount of base characters and plenty of DLC goodness to add fan favorites into the mix..hopefully they'll all be themed packs based on games that didn't appear baseline, for example, a 'Binding Blaze' Pack to feature Lyn, Roy, & Hector or a 'Sacred Radiance' Pack featuring Eirika, Ephraim, & Ike.