This Game's publisher is listed as Koei Tecmo-- and what that may mean

The DanMan

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

I'm still cautiously optimistic. We know next to nothing about this game and we'll get a better look at it in tomorrow's Direct, so I don't think we should be worrying about (or overhyping) the game too much.

For what it's worth, I trust Koei Tecmo to not let Nintendo down. Plus I have a good feeling they're passionate about this project.

lets hope you're right about that

the best we can hope for is that its just as polished as Hyrule Warriors was

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention it wouldn't make sense for them to make a clearly inferior version for Nintendo when they've already made Hyrule Warriors which was met with favorable reviews and, maybe more importantly, sold rather well for a Warriors game, if I've heard correctly, though don't quote me on that. 

I'll remain cautiously optimistic. The fan service was just right in Hyrule Warriors, so I'm hoping for the same here.

6 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I agree with Vincent here, why should we be trying to drag everything down already when we know next to nothing? Plus Karnage already stated that Koei Tecmo was in charge for the Japanese release of HW.

True. It's just a bit scary, seeing this right after I started making peace with what I thought was the clear direction of the project.

Tomorrow should help us judge things better.

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Not to mention it wouldn't make sense for them to make a clearly inferior version for Nintendo when they've already made Hyrule Warriors which was met with favorable reviews and, maybe more importantly, sold rather well for a Warriors game, if I've heard correctly, though don't quote me on that. 

I'll remain cautiously optimistic. The fan service was just right in Hyrule Warriors, so I'm hoping for the same here.

Hyrule Warriors broke 1 million on the Wii U, and actually didn't do so hot in Japan (though Zelda tends to be less popular there in general). A far cry from general series sales trends.

Edited by The DanMan

15 minutes ago, Jedi said:

The Dynasty Warriors games are based on Ancient Chinese historical figures, tyvm, Samurai Warriors is the only one that's based on the Japanese, and Bladestorm is the French and English, not to mention Troy not being Japanese. 

Do your research before you make inane comments please.

Ive never heard of Bladestorm, Troy, and thought the Samurai Warriors games were developed by someone else. So I was misunderstood and got some stuff wrong. Oh well, not the end of the day.

Still, the warriors series does not sell well here. Doesnt mean it has ever flopped or done terribly, but it hasn't exactly broken records. And it does have a larger market to compete against over here than in Japan. Just look at the amount of Hack and Slash games there are in the US.

Edited by Tolvir

7 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

True. It's just a bit scary, seeing this right after I started making peace with what I thought was the clear direction of the project.

Tomorrow should help us judge things better.

Hyrule Warriors broke 1 million on the Wii U, and actually didn't do so hot in Japan (though Zelda tends to be less popular there in general). A far cry from general series sales trends.

yeah, way too early to properly judge, quite looking forward to continued speculation after tomorrow

(also, i had no idea that Zelda doesn't sell as well in Japan, you learn something new everyday I guess)

12 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Isn't that good for that series? How much do they usually sell, then?

8 minutes ago, Thane said:

They sell around 1 million in Japan, but in the US they sell more around a few hundred thousand. This isn't on release either, this is based on sales overall since release. Unfortunately this is a rough estimate based on what I have seen on sales in the US and Steam's sales of their games. If someone could find more concrete data that would be great.

http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7234435/1/

http://steamspy.com/dev/KOEI+TECMO+GAMES+CO.

There is a few of the places I got data from, there were a few more too though.

EDIT: Ok World Wide sales, including Japan, US, and Europe on average break the 2 million sales. Have to think half of that is Japan itself, so on average in Europe and US I would say they sell somewhere around a half a million copies or lower each.

Edited by Tolvir

Just now, Thane said:

Tolvir seems to have it down better than I could. It's also worth noting that the series traditionally releases on multiple platforms, so the fact that Hyrule Warriors broke 1 million on a console with only a 12 million install base is all the more impressive.

I don't understand why Nintendo has to have creative input like Hyrule Warriors? 

I mean, Omega Force has done plenty of games with many characters, that Berserk game tends to be the outlier.

Edited by Tryhard

the only thing i hope for is that they actually give characters their english voice actors, even if they would need new actors for characters that didnt speak english before.
 i was very upset when samurai warriors 4 decided to not have any voice acting.

plus its to give another reason for that one guy to re-voice Marth after project steam.

1 minute ago, Thany said:

plus its to give another reason for that one guy to re-voice Marth after project steam.

I believe that was Yuri Lowenthal. I thought he sounded a bit too young as Marth, but if he can go slightly deeper this time, I'm cool. I just felt his Marth sounded more like a 13 year old than a 16 year old. Marth is supposed to be 16 or 17, isn't he?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I believe that was Yuri Lowenthal. I thought he sounded a bit too young as Marth, but if he can go slightly deeper this time, I'm cool. I just felt his Marth sounded more like a 13 year old than a 16 year old. Marth is supposed to be 16 or 17, isn't he?

well he probably was 13 years old in the start of shadow dragon, but im being a smart-alack at the moment, he was probably 15-16 during shadow dragon as a whole.

he probably wasn't given much voice direction due to those from project steam not knowing to much of Marth's personality in shadow dragon, and also being the first english marth. but if he voices in this game, i think it would be even better.

1 minute ago, Thany said:

well he probably was 13 years old in the start of shadow dragon, but im being a smart-alack at the moment, he was probably 15-16 during shadow dragon as a whole.

he probably wasn't given much voice direction due to those from project steam not knowing to much of Marth's personality in shadow dragon, and also being the first english marth. but if he voices in this game, i think it would be even better.

He looks much older than 13 in Shadow Dragon though, imo... Like 17 or maybe even 18. He probably could pass for a bit younger in his Codename Steam design, but I still don't think he looks 13 there.

On the topic of voice acting, I really hope Jason Adkins goes back to voicing Ike the way he did in Codename Steam. That was his best job so far in the role and by a good margin, imo. He had a couple good lines in Fates, but for the most part, he made Ike sound too shy and quiet there. :/

Marth is Ike's age; 17 during the bulk of SD, 20 in Mystery of the Emblem (Ike's 20 in RD). He's 14 in the prologue. For reference, Chrom is 19 in Awakening's first act and 21 after the timeskip.

...And I just realized that I'm as old as Marth and Ike were in there first games. *jots them down on list of protagonists he's as old as/older than*

Edited by The DanMan

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game, and I'm fairly sure we'll know about the direction the game is heading after tomorrow's direct; assuming they show the game that is. I can't see this game having less characters than Hyrule Warriors did at launch.

I can't see the game not having as many characters as base Hyrule Warriors, but I can't see it have that much more at base either.

I'll be cautiously optimistic as well and say that I don't expect Tecmo Koei to let Nintendo down on this, since they are working with another Nintendo IP after all.

They're definitely in a tough position of choosing just enough characters that feel satisfying in terms of representation but also in terms of importance. I know Pokken Tournament is a completely different game but even with the roster of Pokemon in that feels a lot left to be desired since there's over 700+ Pokemon. If anything, I'm more wary about the characters they choose over how many characters there will be in the end.

Edited by carefreejules

50 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He looks much older than 13 in Shadow Dragon though, imo... Like 17 or maybe even 18. He probably could pass for a bit younger in his Codename Steam design, but I still don't think he looks 13 there.

I think that user is talking about the prologue.

Just now, Lord Raven said:

I think that user is talking about the prologue.

i was indeed talking about the prologue just for fun,

if the game brings characters from GBA and gamecube times, what kinds of voices do you want some of the older characters to have? having Lute with a very snarky attitude would be fun.

Ephraim ought to get a deep casual tone since he seems less prince-like than say, Marth and Eliwood. He really likes going around and honing his skills, and doesn't even seem to care much about his prince status at first.

i hope if they brought a character like lucis from fire emblem GBA (really unlikely) i hope they give him a female voice to trick people like before.

Edited by Thany

It could very well be an error with whoever's editing the site rushing to get all the available public Nintendo Switch-related info out there. I mean, there's the whole rumor of Revelation Emblem being ported to the Switch.

There's also the fact that Fire Emblem is a 2nd-party Nintendo franchise. If Nintendo's not publishing Fire Emblem Warriors, it can mean that it gave up the series or there was some deal going on not unlike that of the one that spawned the CDi Legend of Zelda games ("Gee, it sure is BORING around here!").

Edited by Roflolxp54