2D Animation Software

Augestein

So I've always liked doodling things and drawing little pictures, but lately the idea of doing some animations has been floating through my head as of late. Does anyone know of any good animation software that's  not an arm and a leg but still provides decent quality? 

chances are, software designed around animation that also provides drawing tools is going to be half-assed on both

if you have a drawing program already, it isn't too difficult to derive animations by just utilizing layer opacities while drawing

once you have your frames you can use a simple gif animator to throw it together if it's not complex

Edited by Lamia

I do have a drawing program. I might try that, but I think I found a couple to try out on my own. I might try to give them a whirl . The ones that have drawing tools and animation are really expensive and I don't have the animation experience to shell out that much.

You could try Adobe Flash. I've been using Macromedia Flash 8 for years now an it's been very serviceable and has tablet support. The newer ones have only improved apparently. The only drawback is that it actually costs quite a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2017 at 11:10 AM, Augestein said:

So I've always liked doodling things and drawing little pictures, but lately the idea of doing some animations has been floating through my head as of late. Does anyone know of any good animation software that's  not an arm and a leg but still provides decent quality? 

Hi, I suggest to try Anime studio debut. It is really good for you. It comes with many tools which work as freehand drawing. It is compatible with drawing tables. It comes with multi-touch support for wacom tablets. 

You can also see the difference of 2D and 3D animation.

ifference1.jpg

Edited by Pamelatibb07