Fire Emblem Echoes (Direct Information)

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia was the first game to be announced in the Fire Emblem Nintendo Direct.

If it's wasn't obvious, it's a remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden, this time for the 3DS.

From the trailer shown, it appears to be a complete overhaul, using the Awakening/Fates engine, but sharing some elements from Gaiden, such as dungeon exploration and class-changing at shrines.

NOA hasn't bothered to separate Echoes from the Direct, so here's the entire Direct. Echoes is at the very start. (NOTE: The preview is from Heroes, the mobile game)

In Japan, it's known as Fire Emblem Echoes: Another Hero-King ["Echoes" is in English]

The game launches 19th May 2017 in Europe and North America and 20th April 2017 in Japan (FE's anniversary).

Character designer is Hidari and animated movies by Studio Khara.

Will be digging deep into the game later. In particular, I really want to look into the world map, which seems to have the same draconic runes from Awakening.

If I missed anything important, let me know.

OH YEAH, Alm and Celica Amiibo coming on launch day. Poor Corrin.

echoes-amiibo-doublepack.jpg

For more information, please check my analysis. It also includes a gallery at the bottom with the game's boxart, logo, character artwork and detailed images of the Amiibo.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North America is 5/19 as well.

Don't forget the two amiibo coming out with it, as a 2-pack.

Edited by Elieson

Looks really cool! I love the new (much needed) art. Both lords look great and I'm glad Celica is channeling more of Eirika than her Awakening redesign.

The in-game graphics looked a little less impressive than Fates, though. Hopefully they'll freshen up before release.

just to clarify they mention it being "inspired by" rather than a remake

this probably means they'll remove things like getting hurt from using magic and half the maps being repeated

Edited by unique

My predictions of a remake in the face of all evidence against it for the past 5 years is paying off.

The redesigns look amazing, they really look to be keeping the best parts while getting rid of the stuff that was outdated. This is the remake that Gaiden truly deserves.

1 minute ago, unique said:

just to clarify they mention it being "inspired by" rather than a remake

this probably means they'll remove things like getting hurt from using magic and half the maps being repeated

True, but it fits the definition of a remake as far as I'm aware. Same characters, same world, same story.

It's not like how Binding Blade was inspired by the original FE or something like that : P

I've never played the OG Gaiden, so I'll be glad to play a modernized version first that'll finally be brought to the West!

But seriously, who would ever expect Gaiden? Geneology and Thracia when.

one cool thing to note

right here you can see that guy (who has the same voice as dio aaaa) get shot by an archer, then counterattack with a sword

this might mean that archers will have their range from gaiden, or will at least have some way of attacking closer units

Just in. Japan getting two special editions.

Limited Edition

Alm Cipher card (also included in early copies), DLC code (for early-game DLC; also available for purchase), Sound Selection CD

Valentia Complete (My Nintendo Store exclusive)

+Celica holographic Cipher card, Valentia artbook and Fire Emblem HD Movie Collection (Radiant Dawn, Awakening, Fates, Echoes)

Will be returning to my analysis very shortly.

I'm loving everything about this: the artwork, release window, and getting the opportunity to experience this entry for the first time.

(It'll be a nice little graduation gift for myself!)

I usually don't care for Amiibo, but I'm definitely picking those up as soon as I can.

I could never get into the original Gaiden as there were too many options for me to work with compared to newer titles. Hopefully, I can get into this one as I really like the artstyle here.

Additionally, I hope it won't have any gimicy stuff Awakening or Fates had (relationship/children, my castle, etc.) and just focused on reimagining Gaiden.

Does this mean we'll get more remakes down the line???!!!