Fire Emblem Echoes (Direct Information)

28 minutes ago, Reinfleche said:

My predictions of a remake in the face of all evidence against it for the past 5 years is paying off.

The redesigns look amazing, they really look to be keeping the best parts while getting rid of the stuff that was outdated. This is the remake that Gaiden truly deserves.

fuck you rein for being right

i can't predict this shit

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I love the naming scheme! Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. Like it could have a sequel called, Fire Emblem Echoes: Defenders of Judgral or, Fire Emblem Echoes: Legends of Elibe.

This is probably what they will do, cause the name "Echoes" feels like a way to say "remake". So it would be a waste if they only used "Echoes" for this.

The blonde armor is probably Luka (edit: maybe Clive is better?). Sevr/etc naming is certainly the red haired swordsman with an eyepatch (we saw him in the trailer too). The mage might be Bowie, but the last one is hard to tell (maybe Luthier?). The Gaiden portraits were all pretty bad so it's safe to assume some pretty major redesigns.

Edited by Reinfleche

9 minutes ago, Nimue said:

Some character art from Gematsu: http://gematsu.com/gallery/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia/january-18-2017/

Maybe someone who played the original can identify these characters?

Beside Celica, that looks to be Clive... then it's weird because that white haired kid could be Boey, but that doesn't make much sense considering he had red hair in-game in Gaiden, after that is Saber, and I'm not sure who the last guy is tbqh.

Luka is also a possibility as Rein said.

Edit: There's no playable axe users in Gaiden and the cast is a pretty low number, so there very well could be a decent amount of OCs.

Edited by Tryhard

It seems like they're keeping the 'still take 1 damage even if your defense is higher than their attack', going by the tink when that knight attacked Alm.

3 minutes ago, Nimue said:

Some character art from Gematsu: http://gematsu.com/gallery/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia/january-18-2017/

Maybe someone who played the original can identify these characters?

Using the names from the main Serenes site, and some guessing we got Alm, Cellica, Clerbe, Boowy, Sevr, and I'm gonna give a wild guess and say Zeke.

1 minute ago, Lord_Grima said:

This is probably what they will do, cause the name "Echoes" feels like a way to say "remake". So it would be a waste if they only used "Echoes" for this.

If they were not planning more than one remake, they would probably not use the echos title. "Fire emblem: shadows of valentia" would have been a perfectly good title. the "echos" title implies a miniseries, probably consisting of remakes.

While I would've preferred a Binding Blade remake, this is still really neat. I may very well skip out on Fates and pick this up. And the amiibo too. Speaking of which, they had said in the direct to "look forward for more upcoming info" concerning the amiibo. I predict FE might be getting its own series of amiibos, perhaps? For the lords anyway, there's otherwise way too many characters in the series to make amiibo for.

23 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I love the naming scheme! Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. Like it could have a sequel called, Fire Emblem Echoes: Defenders of Judgral or, Fire Emblem Echoes: Legends of Elibe.

I......I think you may be on to something there, Sully Boy.

21 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Am I imagining things, or were those characters fully voice-acted in Japanese?

I kept my ears open. The dialog does indeed appear to be fully voice-acted, for the first time in the series. Very interesting. If it weren't for the grid-based gameplay we know and love, you might think FE was beginning to look like the Tales series. Make of that as you will.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

19 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Am I imagining things, or were those characters fully voice-acted in Japanese?

Unless I'm forgetting something, they said in the direct that It will be fully voice-acted.

Anyway, this was a pleasant and unexpected surprise. It has been a long time since the last...well, time I've been so hyped for a game, altough It would be better if I toned my hype down a bit.

4 minutes ago, Miatt said:

Echoes doesn't sound rather like a translation of "Gaiden" ?

Who says the remake had to be called "Gaiden"? We can afford fancier titles like "Shadows of Valentia". At least Japan isn't calling it "Shin Gaiden/New Gaiden"

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

The first take way I got out of this direct.... there is no escaping Yuri Lowenthal!

Voice actor jokes aside I liked what I saw, some stuff we were expecting and then we got surprises like the Gaiden remake, overall it's a great day to be a Fire Emblem fan in my book.

18 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

wouldn't this be FE 15 since we count Shadow Dragon and NMotE as FE 11 & 12

Given how many spin offs this series is about to get, i suspect that the numbering is about to get vastly more confusing.

16 minutes ago, Miatt said:

Echoes doesn't sound rather like a translation of "Gaiden" ?

From some speculation I've seen on GameFAQs, "Echoes" may be the code that would be used for future remakes. A suggestion I saw was Fire Emblem Echoes: Defenders of Jugdral.

I agree that Fire Emblem Echoes may be a sub-series that involves remakes of previous games, considering this one is specifically "Shadows of Valentia" for Gaiden. (The Japanese title is Fire Emblem Echoes: Another Hero King ), so the Echoes is consistent between them.

I am pleased with the designs, seeing as they opted for someone who was not Yusuke Kozaki as well.

I hope no unnecessary mechanics (children/marriage/etc) are forced into it, it is looking pretty good and the wait is not long for once. Japan gets it April 20th on FE day, while US and EU at May 19th. So much better than what usually happens!

Edited by Kirokan

Boey looks so awesome. Finally, FINALLY. A male mage that doesn't look silly. I am liking this art so much because it has that "mature anime" (for lack of a better term) look that was present in titles like Tactics Ogre. Oh man, this makes me so excited. I cannot wait to get my hands on the game. 

Edited by Leif