Fire Emblem Echoes (Direct Information)

Looks like Streetpass functionality is all but gone. It's there, you can see others profiles, but can't do much else besides just look. Someone over on Reddit posted something on it if anyone wants to look. 

I am really hoping it's just because the game isn't officially released yet. Otherwise it will be a huge step down from Fates/Awakening.

Edited by Tolvir

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how much less customization and wild stuff there is to do to your team in Echoes compared to the last two games, I don't think it's really that big of a loss.

You also don't get a full team until chapter 6, really. Could see them seeing the splits and not wanting to bother. The cast is already small, but you'd likely only be able to do for one team or the other and that cuts the cast literally in half. It'd probably get samey. SP in Fates & Awakening was a lot more varied and designed around powergaming.

This also makes me think that the 3rd set of non-story dlc, those 10 maps definitely a dungeon get real people, might be challenge DLC akin to the second season of Awakening DLC. Would certainly give a greater use to that second series of dlc that's designed around strengthening your team.

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

What is the issue with the maps?

They're very poorly designed, even by NES standards. They're just dull and largely featureless, and when they do have features they come in ugly, bad gameplay-inducing chunked up blocks.Just look up battles from Gaiden, they range from "sprite mapper working his first ever attempt" to lazy dev.

Though I haven't seen the new final chapter's maps, maybe they're better? ...Maybe...

Edited by Jedor

The quality of Gaiden's maps are over scrutinised. For the gameplay it provides they service themselves more than enough (for the most part). The only thing significantly lacking is that some are reused.

2 hours ago, Jedor said:

They're very poorly designed, even by NES standards. They're just dull and largely featureless, and when they do have features they come in ugly, bad gameplay-inducing chunked up blocks.Just look up battles from Gaiden, they range from "sprite mapper working his first ever attempt" to lazy dev.

Though I haven't seen the new final chapter's maps, maybe they're better? ...Maybe...

Oh so I guess its very similar to birthright then?

Anyways, It only means that they are being faithful to the original which is a good thing.

3 hours ago, Jedor said:

Spoiler

They're boat maps like Chapter 2. The final dungeon provides quite a challenge though.

On 4/14/2017 at 10:23 AM, Tolvir said:

Looks like Streetpass functionality is all but gone. It's there, you can see others profiles, but can't do much else besides just look. Someone over on Reddit posted something on it if anyone wants to look. 

I am really hoping it's just because the game isn't officially released yet. Otherwise it will be a huge step down from Fates/Awakening.

How many people really used streetpass, though? I got two tags in Fates and none in Awakening.
Plus, FESwitch isn't going to have it-- Streetpass was never more than a novelty at best.

17 hours ago, The DanMan said:

How many people really used streetpass, though? I got two tags in Fates and none in Awakening.
Plus, FESwitch isn't going to have it-- Streetpass was never more than a novelty at best.

Not to mention that street pass will only work if you keep your system on, close it and walk with it until you encounter someone else who has a 3DS doing the same thing as you...just what are the odds of that happening?

3 hours ago, angelofhell_hau said:

I've found out a secret forest that has 2 treasures and Golden Lion Statue..... anyone find it?

Are you talking about the Secret Shrine maybe? It was in Gaiden too, even if very few people know.

You are probably going to praise my maturity on this one... but I took a look at the intro cinematic.

I thought it was tears at first, but after seeing both of their faces, nope, it was indeed supposed to be blood. White. Blood.
After black blood, now we have white blood. M'okay. Why not.

It might be immature of me yeah, but my reaction was, 'it doesn't look like blood at all.'