Fire Emblem Echoes (Direct Information)

Yes! I just woke up and was pleasantly surprised with a Fire Emblem Gaiden remake of all things!
I'm really intrigued with the new free-roaming dungeon system that reminds me a bit of the Tales series.
I really like the idea of more traditional RPG elements making their way into this game like towns and sidequests for example.
Let's just hope that it is a bit less grindy and less repetitive than the original.
(And please speed up the animations of some of the enemies, I'm looking at you blasted Zombies!)

tRhAhUUl.png

I'm confident that with Mila's devine protection this will be an awesome new FE game...

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I really hope the growthrates become better and the trainees, especially Robin, are more useful.

I played FE2 till the second map... the moment Robin died... and then I got bored and quitted.

The remake is the perfect alternative still to enjoy the story and gameplay of this continent.

Hopefully I'm right...

I have to get something out of the way right now.

giphy.gif

I tried to play the original on an emulator and it never worked. If this does turn out to be a remake mini-series all the way to Binding Blade, I'll probably end up buying all of them.

You know, it JUST clicked...

This was the reason Gaiden has a couple pieces on the upcoming piano arrangement album. Before it seemed so odd-ball, but now it makes a lot more sense.

40 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

This was the reason Gaiden has a couple pieces on the upcoming piano arrangement album. Before it seemed so odd-ball, but now it makes a lot more sense.

There were a few hints that they had been looking at a Gaiden remake for a while. There was also Gaiden music in Smash Bros. (Mila's Divine Protection), there were Gaiden-inspired classes in Awakening and Fates (Dread Fighters and Witches), and finally Fates obviously took a lot of inspiration from how Gaiden switched up the FE formula. 

At least, I interpreted it as hints at a possible remake and I'm glad it ended up happening!

Edited by Book Bro

50 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

That was the one bit of suspicion I had. Turns out that suspicion was appropriate.

Though, there was nothing on Tellius. So I am concerned about that, much as that'll be likely to come up eventually.

Just pre-ordered, and this is the number one 3DS game on Amazon. That definitely says something (though as much about the weakness of the future 3DS lineup as FE's popularity).

I'm going nuts here, because I want to pre-order it now but I also want to wait and see if some kind of bundle gets released.

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

I'm going nuts here, because I want to pre-order it now but I also want to wait and see if some kind of bundle gets released.

I'll just have to get both :D

Who are we kidding, it's going to go up for 15 seconds and we'll all miss it unless we pay a scalper

Definitely chomping at the bit to lock in on the amiibo as well.

2 hours ago, InfinityAlex said:

Still waiting for it to appear on British Amazon. ;^;

Also, I'm not the only one who wants the box art as desktop background, right?

I am on the same boat!The artwork is amazing background material!

1 hour ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Definitely chomping at the bit to lock in on the amiibo as well.

Same, I got the game pre-ordered, but sad to see that preorders for the amiibo on amazon were currently unavailable. And so far no other store has them online for preorder yet...

I don't preorder games on general principles, unless the japanese release is already out to give me an idea of quality. (because preordering influences overhyping bad games, and shipping half-complete games.)

Edited by sirmola

22 hours ago, Tryhard said:

I assume he means this on the right, and I have to admit, that stumps me as well. The only characters recruited for Alm by this point would be Alm himself, Luka, Gray, Robin, Cliff and Silk (who's the healer), all of them accounted for (assumedly Luka is the Knight, Gray is the Cavalier, Cliff is the Soldier, Robin is the mercenary? Could be some differences there with Cliff/Robin etc).

New character?

Robin is the brunette soldier/villager, which makes Cliff light-haired mercenary/villager.

22 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

I wonder if Witches will stay Witches this time, or if they'll turn into Mages.Or if there will be Witches at all

I wouldn't be surprised if they were turned into Dark Mages and stayed Dark Mages after you recruit them. Although the Witch may be promoted class or brought back, since it was in the DLC for Fates. We're going to have to wait for Dyute's character artwork to come out though.

5 hours ago, Elieson said:

I'm sure they won't run out of the normal edition, you're probably safe to wait.

I'm still getting this regardless, but I saw this short analysis on GameFAQs that may suggest that practically all the mechanics from Gaiden will exist here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/204443-fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia/74874780

Kinda concerned because even though Gaiden has it's own unique elements, it should still be updated to match up a little better to other games in the franchise to not alienate players.

24 minutes ago, Shadow Stalker X said:

I'm still getting this regardless, but I saw this short analysis on GameFAQs that may suggest that practically all the mechanics from Gaiden will exist here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/204443-fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia/74874780

Kinda concerned because even though Gaiden has it's own unique elements, it should still be updated to match up a little better to other games in the franchise to not alienate players.

Gaiden has been alienating players since 1992. As one of my favorite FE's, everything posted makes me incredibly happy for this remake.

7 minutes ago, RobbieRotten said:

Looks like no dual audio.

whoa.png

well fuck

i'll still buy it but i'll probably also find the japanese version on the internet and play it at some point because the thing that legit made me the most excited was when I heard saber talk and his voice was dio's voice actor

4 hours ago, sirmola said:

I don't preorder games on general principles, unless the japanese release is already out to give me an idea of quality. (because preordering influences overhyping bad games, and shipping half-complete games.)

Same, though I might pre-order this one because I liked the original Gaiden and doubt this game would be somehow worse.

On 2017/1/19 at 2:44 PM, Ertrick36 said:

It looks like gameplay will be similar, but with how it looks, I doubt it'll be nearly as dull as Shadow Dragon.  New Mystery is honestly an okay game because it actually adds in support conversations - a feature lacking in SD and the original Mystery - among other things.  Shadow Dragon was literally just the same game, but with extra chapters you had to let a lot of your units die in order to get (but it's okay, 'cuz you'll get a myrmidon lady who can't pronounce the letter "v", which is... nice?) and a prologue that showed what happened before Marth took refuge in Talys.  Oh, and it has some online stuff and difficulty settings.  But no supports or anything to make it really stand out aside from obligatory, useless touch controls.

The biggest thing that strikes me about Shadows of Valentia is that opening, where you see a young Alm and Celica talking about the two gods.  Neither SD nor New Mystery had anything like that, so it gives me some hope that we'll at least get a more involved story.  I'm also assuming we'll get support convos.  Vincent's analysis informs me that there's also a "food" option during a battle as well as a time system of some kind.

Regardless, we only have a few glimpses of gameplay.  In fact, we literally only have half the visual information, as the entirety of the gameplay footage was of the top screen only.  And if you might recall in both Awakening and Fates, the skills are only ever displayed in the bottom screen.  The point is that we hardly have much info on this game.  The big take aways for me are that Gaiden is finally receiving attention after twenty-five years and that Echoes will likely be a line of remakes of older FE's.

Nice observation about Skills on the bottom screen. I'm still not sure about the fact that the weapon triangle seems to be gone though as that's usually top screen stuff.

Obviously gonna wait for more info but yeah.

By the way, don't know how many of you know, but the music for the Battle Map is on the Japanese website. MasterEnex kindly extended it for us.

1 hour ago, InfinityAlex said:

By the way, don't know how many of you know, but the music for the Battle Map is on the Japanese website. MasterEnex kindly extended it for us.

Thanks for sharing this. I really loved this theme in the trailer.