Fire Emblem Echoes (Direct Information)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh snap.

Alm and Celica a.k.a. the original official wincest couple of Fire Emblem. Mycen a.k.a. the original Gunter. The Char Clone himself. The Whitewings (actually just based Palla but still). Duma and Mila fleshed out. And then there will be Rudolf a.k.a. the original 'Emperor a.k.a. non-spellcasting human Big Bad' character of FE who turned the trope in its head from the very beginning.

And all done in a tasteful artstyle with seemingly none of the modern grime from Awakening and Fates. And Gaiden's original greyness of Mila's all-good-and-no-suffering approach turning the Zofian rulers into hedonists while the Rigelians suffer lackings of various sorts but, at the very least, being kept sharp as a result.

So far, I'd say I'm hyped.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

37 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Oh snap.

Alm and Celica a.k.a. the original official wincest couple of Fire Emblem. Mycen a.k.a. the original Gunter. The Char Clone himself. The Whitewings (actually just based Palla but still). Duma and Mila fleshed out. And then there will be Rudolf a.k.a. the original 'Emperor a.k.a. human Big Bad' character of FE who turned the trope in its head from the very beginning.

And all done in a tasteful artstyle with seemingly none of the modern grime from Awakening and Fates. And Gaiden's original greyness of Mila's all-good-and-no suffering approach turning the Zofian rulers into hedonists while the Rigelians are too suffer a lack of various sorts but, at the very least, being kept sharp as a result.

So far, I'd say I'm hyped.

You don't consider Gharnef human?

Actually, you're right. My bad. But I meant the sort of people that Ashnard and Walhart are meant to be copypasting from. The sort of role that got fleshed out in a more traditional but still very subversive way by Hardin in the next game. You know the one archetype I'm talking about.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

13 hours ago, InfinityAlex said:

By the way, don't know how many of you know, but the music for the Battle Map is on the Japanese website. MasterEnex kindly extended it for us.

You know, it's actually one of the thing that hyped me the most about the direct.

Bowey now have pointy ears.... I wonder how significant it will be (he does looks awesome, not gonna lie)

And I alo wants to see Sonia already. I know I shouldn't expect too much (though despte the barebone aspect of Gaiden's story, it's surprisingly deep. Rudolf indeed, but they have the possibility of making a boring forgettable villain more interrestinbg, so I hope they'll use this opportunity.)

That's a dream comes true. It's really hard not to be overhyped. Fe always was a rough diamond, and now it finally have the opportunity to fully shine !

On January 19, 2017 at 1:43 AM, Tryhard said:

If I had to wager it's a homage to the fact that the character artist for this game - Hidari - which means 'left side' because she's left-handed.

That or they just randomly choose that, because I didn't even notice that.

Hidari, eh? That name's familiar to me. 

After playing Gaiden, I have to say that I have very low expectations for this game yet I'm still extremely hyped despite, or rather because of it. They have to really go out of their way to make this game worse than the original.

Also glad that my boy Camus/Sirius/Zeke/Quattro Bajeena/whatever his name is supposed to be this time is showing up in another game

On 1/22/2017 at 3:02 PM, Pixelman said:

I wonder what the pegasus sisters will look like

I'm excited for them. I don't expect them to get a drastic makeover like Boey, since their looks are pretty iconic within this series. It'll be interesting to see their new armor though.(and their voices!)

Here's a thought. From the various trailers revealed so far it can be gathered that the Caeda and Catria in Fire Emblem Heroes are going to use swords and lances respectively. Now, note how lances are one of the weapons color coded blue and how Catria has blue hair. Meanwhile, swords and axes are color coded red and green. And Palla and Est have green and pink hair respectively. Granted, pink isn't red but still. Now, given how Catria is a lance user in Heroes, what if her sisters' Heroes versions are going to use the equivalents that either match their hair color or come closest to doing so. As in, Palla, Catria and Est are going to be Pegasus Knights who use axes, lances and swords, respectively, in Heroes.

Now, what does this have to do with Shadows of Valentia? Well, given that SoV comes out after Heroes and assuming that the scenario that I described in the previous paragraph turns out to be true, what if the Whitewings keep using those exact weapons in SoV? And maybe get different secondary weapons upon promotion as well? I think that would be really cool and help differentiate each sister even more from the other two as well as help differentiate each of them from Clair.

...Or not. Palla is confirmed to be a sword user and I think Est was seen with a lance. Oh well.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get one thing about the new screenshots..

How is it implied that you lose hp per time you use magic in the screenshots? It could be that you took one damage per time you got hit by an enemy and not the other way around.

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

I don't get one thing about the new screenshots..

How is it implied that you lose hp per time you use magic in the screenshots? It could be that you took one damage per time you got hit by an enemy and not the other way around.

Celica is attacking at range against a melee enemy, so it can't be that.

7 hours ago, Tryhard said:

Celica is attacking at range against a melee enemy, so it can't be that.

Then it could also imply that she took some damage before even fighting the monster. Or that 11 must have been animated so many could be confused that its 1..and then 1 so it hints that its taking away HP.

She has 20HP before combat though, you can see it at the left, and it shows you her health depleting to 18 on her bar. It even has little dots under it showing the amount of damage she's taking, same as the skeleton.

4ebea8d393.png

Edited by Tryhard

8 hours ago, Tryhard said:

She has 20HP before combat though, you can see it at the left, and it shows you her health depleting to 18 on her bar. It even has little dots under it showing the amount of damage she's taking, same as the skeleton.

4ebea8d393.png

Just wondering, what level is Celica in this screenshot?

5 minutes ago, 1japanfan said:

Just wondering, what level is Celica in this screenshot?

Possibly level 1 since in the original, Celica started with base 20 HP at level 1.

EDIT: Actually yes she is definitely level 1. She more than likely has 8 Str (Her base) and with the 3 Mt of Fire, she will do 11 damage. So yes level 1.

Edited by Azz

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

I wonder if strength and magic will be a combined stat. It was sort of weird that they were in Gaiden even though it had hybrids.

The only character who can use both is Celica, so there's not much need for it. The only other thing it would affect is the villagers promoting to mages, but that's why it probably won't (and shouldn't) be changed, so villager mages don't start off with shit magic

Just now, unique said:

The only character who can use both is Celica, so there's not much need for it. The only other thing it would affect is the villagers promoting to mages, but that's why it probably won't (and shouldn't) be changed, so villager mages don't start off with shit magic

Female mages could promote into Celica's class and use swords too. They could also just give the villagers a decent magic stat. It would also help the Levin Sword be more evenly balanced as (I believe) right now it just does a flat 15 damage against the enemy's resistance regardless of the characters own stats.

10 hours ago, Tryhard said:

4ebea8d393.png

It could also imply that she took one damage per turn when facing the enemy as well...

idk, the idea of taking damage while using magic sounds like a step backwards at this point..unless they add a mode that replicates how the original game's mechanics are.

2 minutes ago, Harvey said:

It could also imply that she took one damage per turn when facing the enemy as well...

idk, the idea of taking damage while using magic sounds like a step backwards at this point..unless they add a mode that replicates how the original game's mechanics are.

How do you see it as a step backwards? It's a solid concept in my eyes. It gives mage's variety without making them broken. If anything I'd like to see the HP loss scaled up. The use of rings in Gaiden basically made the HP cost negligible on anything short of Ragnarok and Dear.

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

What? What do you mean by that? She couldn't have lost those two ticks of 1 HP from an enemy she doubles that she's attacking from 2 range.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

How do you see it as a step backwards? It's a solid concept in my eyes. It gives mage's variety without making them broken. If anything I'd like to see the HP loss scaled up. The use of rings in Gaiden basically made the HP cost negligible on anything short of Ragnarok and Dear.

Its a step backwards when you compare this to the other games where they don't lose HP. Infact it worsens them considering how less of def and hp they have..kinda like Pegasus Knights only more unbalanced than that.

Now if you're going to use a very powerful spell book that can cause massive damage to a very strong enemy unit, then I can see how it balances their stats...but losing health on every time you use any sort of spell? Hey I don't mind that depth of strategy so long as its done right. But I know many will get annoyed by this.

25 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

What? What do you mean by that? She couldn't have lost those two ticks of 1 HP from an enemy she doubles that she's attacking from 2 range.

First turn, one enemy gives her one damage..then the other enemy gives her another one damage? So it could mean that she's attacking the second enemy instead of the first enemy she encounters?

5 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Its a step backwards when you compare this to the other games where they don't lose HP. Infact it worsens them considering how less of def and hp they have..kinda like Pegasus Knights only more unbalanced than that.

Now if you're going to use a very powerful spell book that can cause massive damage to a very strong enemy unit, then I can see how it balances their stats...but losing health on every time you use any sort of spell? Hey I don't mind that depth of strategy so long as its done right. But I know many will get annoyed by this.

First turn, one enemy gives her one damage..then the other enemy gives her another one damage? So it could mean that she's attacking the second enemy instead of the first enemy she encounters?

Have you played Gaiden? The HP lost is completely inconsequential. If anything it's a boon as it eventually stops those high evasion wizards from attacking you if you get unlucky enough to miss them several times. Mages in Gaiden are also really good in general able of doing a variety of things like attack from 3 range, attack with high critical magic, perform summons and wipe out 90% of monster on the enemy's side at once. There has to be some sort of drawback to those abilities especially when other units can only carry one weapon at a time.

Edited by Jotari