Official NoA Names

SalShich10N

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

There's FE4 Arthur and FE14 Arthur.  Robin (FE2) was changed to Tobin (FE4), solving that mess.

Selena and Selena though.

Haha, I guess I'm just gonna be downloading the JP version of the app (or use Language enabler to switch to the JP version like I did with Pokemon GO).

1 minute ago, General Banzai said:

I would like to just say that I proposed the Eyrios -> Ilios change infinity years ago and people laughed at me, where are you all at now HUH?

We're here. Still rolling our eyes at you.

You're not exactly respected by the translator groups for being known for names and not much else.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Chulainn? After Cu'Chulainn, the wielder of Gae Bolg in Celtic mythology? ...Have a feeling Cuan/Quan was always meant to have that name.

Edited by The DanMan

*head explodes from some of those names*

They really called Johan "Luchar"?  That's...that's a Spanish word for pete's sake!  It means "to struggle" (usually used for fighting; as in the show "Mucha Lucha").

Edited by FionordeQuester

Personally I'm kinda happy that EVERY character has a official translation to there name now. It means I can give names to people that won't be wrong somewhere...I bet the wiki is already spammed with the changes! Plus like a good amount are just mild variations on translation names anyway. Some are vastly different i'm sure, but honestly I think its also a good sing of possible remakes of these games! 

Once we all get over our initial phobia of the names, make silly jokes of the meanings of some of them, Im sure 12% of us will embrace them..the other will say there awful.

Edited by DemolisherBPB

4 minutes ago, FionordeQuester said:

*head explodes from some of those names*

They really called Johan "Luchar"?  That's...that's a fricken Spanish word!  It means "to struggle" (usually used for fighting; as in the show "Mucha Lucha").

It's supposed to be Iuchar after a figure from Irish mythology, but for some reason they mistook the uppercase i for a lowercase L.

Edited by AzureSen

Just now, AzureSen said:

It's supposed to be Iuchar after a figure from Irish mythology, but for some reason they mistook the uppercase i for a lowercase L.

So it'd be "Iuchar" ins...ohhhhh, I get it.  Whoops; I can see how that'd happen.  Holy cow...never noticed just how similar the lower case l and the upper case I are!

Edited by FionordeQuester

It's okay though guys! They didn't mess with everyone's favourite for people who know Jap fates!

Spoiler

970e165060.png

I will say. Some are odd....I'm also sad

Spoiler

0c73edbf20.png I wanted him to still be Luka so Yuri Lowenthal could have voiced 2 Lukas!

0d7d614f16.png Again. Odd. Silk feels like it worked...Guess its for the "medieval" feel? Or in...Roman it's a legend

220ba0961c.png I'm sorry what?

fc7d4675fc.png Yeah fine

So yeah Gaidens had "fun"...nobody cares about Gaiden...

The one that startles me the most is Erinys. Like, I've hated project Naga for renaming Fury to Erin for a quite a while, and now the official name is Erinys of all things. Ahh well, the large reason why I hated it was because how it came out of nowhere, but this is official so it puts a lid on that.

But seriously Diarmuid sounds so odd. I do like Chulainn a lot, though, the more things that remind me to SMT the better and Cu Chulainn is always a terrific demon. Still, I find it strange how nearly none of the names from Thraica got changed. Like, even odd names like Mareeta and Machuya still remain. It's almost as if they planned to localize Genealogy at some point but not Thracia.

1 minute ago, SalShich10N said:

The one that startles me the most is Erinys. Like, I've hated project Naga for renaming Fury to Erin for a quite a while, and now the official name is Erinys of all things. Ahh well, the large reason why I hated it was because how it came out of nowhere, but this is official so it puts a lid on that.

But seriously Diarmuid sounds so odd. I do like Chulainn a lot, though, the more things that remind me to SMT the better and Cu Chulainn is always a terrific demon. Still, I find it strange how nearly none of the names from Thraica got changed. Like, even odd names like Mareeta and Machuya still remain. It's almost as if they planned to localize Genealogy at some point but not Thracia.

Yeah, I still don't think Fury is a worse name than Faith or Hope.

11 minutes ago, DemolisherBPB said:

so yeah Gaidens had "fun"...nobody cares about Gaiden...

Actually, you should be questioning why weren't they more careful with Gaiden characters. After all they're getting a remake this year. Those are probably going to be the name those characters get in the upcoming Echoes.

7 minutes ago, hanhnn said:

Yeah, I still don't think Fury is a worse name than Faith or Hope.

I'd totally name a child "Wrath".

28 minutes ago, SalShich10N said:

Erinys actually makes perfect sense, since an Erinys is actually another name for a Fury, a Greek mythological goddess of vengeance.

But seriously Diarmuid sounds so odd. 

It's an actual name from Irish mythology, and Delmud was just a wonky romanization of the katakana.

Edited by AzureSen

4 minutes ago, SalShich10N said:

Actually, you should be questioning why weren't they more careful with Gaiden characters. After all they're getting a remake this year. Those are probably going to be the name those characters get in the upcoming Echoes.

I feel thats why lots have had server changes actually. To make it stand out from fan translations ect. I'd be surprised if nearly all were the same as in the one I have on my phone (yes I play the NES and SNES games on my phone) I'd also think they'd just stolen them from the translation patches.

5 minutes ago, SalShich10N said:

I have nothing wrong with Fury or a child Wrath...you be as edgy as you need..I feel that might be behind the Fury change. It's a little edgy for a peg.rider...Like

4 minutes ago, Pretty Cool Guy said:

This was an awesome thing to do. Did anyone else notice FE7 finally got an official subtitle? None of the name changes really made upset at all and even corrected shitty ones like Raquesis and Ferry. Even some drastic ones like Holyn to Chulainn I kinda like.

Wait really?!

Spoiler

505a8080f2.png 

So it did...

So I only really just looked at FE5's page. Now, I haven't really found a new translation in a while so maybe mines still god awful but these are ones I've seen

Spoiler

0cbcf8b8df.pngd932e5d12c.png2b8dc3607c.pnge2426a4c9f.png

Or at least I think these are different...Not many have drastically changed. Or are that noticeable to me.

I feel we need a group documentation of changes to stuff we have in translations that are popular...

5 minutes ago, DemolisherBPB said:

So I only really just looked at FE5's page. Now, I haven't really found a new translation in a while so maybe mines still god awful but these are ones I've seen

Reveal hidden contents

0cbcf8b8df.pngd932e5d12c.png2b8dc3607c.pnge2426a4c9f.png

Or at least I think these are different...Not many have drastically changed. Or are that noticeable to me.

I feel we need a group documentation of changes to stuff we have in translations that are popular...

Dalsin's the same as he ever was. Asbel is another romanization casualty, this time of b sounds. Perne and Selphina are just weird choices.

I made a thread over in the Heroes subfourm with all of the changes from older/fan translations into the newer NoA translations, if you're interested.

In China, there are some ppl names mean "no regret" or "hate".