Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

How does ranking in arena work really? Will it only count every 7th win or is it continuously? I was happy that I got 3333 offensive and 260 defence but seeing my rank between 50k-100k I'm kinda sad since considering I thought my rank would be much higher. As in around the 10k-30k not under 10k mind you.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

How does ranking in arena work really? Will it only count every 7th win or is it continuously? I was happy that I got 3333 offensive and 260 defence but seeing my rank between 50k-100k I'm kinda sad since considering I thought my rank would be much higher. As in around the 10k-30k not under 10k mind you.

It counts the 1st till the 7th win. Then it resets and lets you try to beat your own high score. If you want to rate high, here's some advise:

- Use your highest level party (The higher your parties total stats, the more points you get).

- Use atleast one bonus character.

- Don't let anyone die. Letting someone die costs you around 50 points per death.

As a reference to points, I have 4.520 offence points (no deaths) and 273 defence points and am at rank 474.

Edited by Birdy

7 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

Yeah, arena points are getting pretty competitive. I scored 4,259 last night and was at rank 5200, but I've already dropped down to rank 6018 today.

46 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Today is Wrys day.  The next two days are Stahl/Olivia.  I highly recommend all of them (Wrys for super-healing, Stahl for positioning shenanigans, and Olivia because dancer).  So you'll have people to train!

Where did you find the list for daily Heroes?

I have a score of 4417 in Arena atm.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Where did you find the list for daily Heroes?

I have a score of 4417 in Arena atm.

I think it's in the announcements somewhere.  I remember seeing them in the rotation, and someone else mentioned that they're coming up soon.

So I have been rerolling a lot looking for Ryoma and have come across some good pulls.  I made another Nintendo account to keep the ones I want just to see how they play out.  So far I have 6 accounts that I'm running.  How many are you all doing?  Especially since it just the opening and full of free orbs.

40 minutes ago, Lupine said:

So I have been rerolling a lot looking for Ryoma and have come across some good pulls.  I made another Nintendo account to keep the ones I want just to see how they play out.  So far I have 6 accounts that I'm running.  How many are you all doing?  Especially since it just the opening and full of free orbs.

One.  I vowed that I wouldn't reroll, and I'm doing just fine!

31 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I respect that -- not easy to do, all things considered :P

I wonder if/how often the daily hero rotation will be changed. It would suck to have these same 10 heroes rotating around forever! Especially since we can't recruit them after the first time.

3 hours ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

On the one hand, that would be a smart move to add more content immediately to keep people playing at the start, but on the other hand, if they release casts from 2 different games every two weeks, they won't keep the hype for long, since they will eventually run out of characters. Not to mention the fact that it would be very hard to create characters' artworks, stats, skills, voices, without rushing it. At the same time, it would be weird to add just 4 or 8 new characters without their colleagues from their respective games, since we all the focus characters have other characters from the same game.

I honestly expected them to release Gaiden characters around the time Echoes came out, with them fleshing out the Elibe, Fates, Awakening, and Marthland casts by adding more of those characters.  There's still a lot of fan favorites that haven't been added from those games.  I honestly thought Tellius would be coming out next.  Maybe it's personal bias, but I thought Tellius was more popular than Magvel or Jugdral.  I thought that Tellius might have gotten released before the Gaiden characters, but more likely afterwards.  I thought spacing out the major game character releases every 3 or 4 months would be a good rate to release them to keep interest fresh, but not blow the load too quickly and then have nothing much to fall back on.

3 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

True. I hadn't thought of this possibility, and I actually forgot Ninian could become a dragon.

Wonder if she'll get Lightning Breath, or some kind of Ice Breath weapon.

An Icy Breath would be nice to give us more Blue Manaketes.

47 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I didn't reroll at all either.  To be honest, it didn't occur to me.  I've never been one to try to rig RNG.

It is awfully irritating how the stamina cost is so high for lunatic. One can only do 3 missions and that's it. I ran out of stamina potions, nintendo points and won't waste orbs on it. The game seriously needs to fix this issue, push the stamina cap or assign stamina caps according to player level.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I honestly expected them to release Gaiden characters around the time Echoes came out, with them fleshing out the Elibe, Fates, Awakening, and Marthland casts by adding more of those characters.  There's still a lot of fan favorites that haven't been added from those games.  I honestly thought Tellius would be coming out next.  Maybe it's personal bias, but I thought Tellius was more popular than Magvel or Jugdral.  I thought that Tellius might have gotten released before the Gaiden characters, but more likely afterwards.  I thought spacing out the major game character releases every 3 or 4 months would be a good rate to release them to keep interest fresh, but not blow the load too quickly and then have nothing much to fall back on.

Tellius probably is more popular than Jugdral, which IMO makes sense since Jugdral never got released outside Japan (to my knowledge, am I wrong about this?), and I could see it being more popular than Magvel simply because it got two games to Magvel's one. Tellius'll probably get released in March, and then they'll start filling in the rest of the casts of the areas they have, while adding Gaiden characters around April/May-ish to promote Echoes, maybe any OCs for Warriors to promote that game, and then Switchlandia's characters next year to promote Fire Emblem Switch.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

An Icy Breath would be nice to give us more Blue Manaketes.

Yeah, but who else would they add for this? Nils? I don't think Myrrh would work here (I see her probably ending up a Green Manakete).

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I didn't reroll at all either.  To be honest, it didn't occur to me.  I've never been one to try to rig RNG.

Same here. It helps that I got a Lissa, a Marth and a 5-Star Lyn on my first go tho, so I was set to go.

9 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

It is awfully irritating how the stamina cost is so high for lunatic. One can only do 3 missions and that's it. I ran out of stamina potions, nintendo points and won't waste orbs on it. The game seriously needs to fix this issue, push the stamina cap or assign stamina caps according to player level.

Yeah, I'm starting to hit this wall too. Hopefully they'll let us upgrade Stamina soon. Or just update the game to give everyone 20-50 more Stamina.

1 hour ago, Fly_or_Die said:

I wonder if/how often the daily hero rotation will be changed. It would suck to have these same 10 heroes rotating around forever! Especially since we can't recruit them after the first time.

Hopefully it'll change every couple of weeks. Or maybe they'll do something like the quest-things, where getting all 10 daily heroes will put you on a new rotation of 10 different daily heroes.

7 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

It would be a nice reward to increase the Stamina Cap as you progress in the Story, maybe +10, +15, +25 for clearing the Story on Normal, Hard, and Lunatic.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Everyone keeps talking about their ranks, for me it says unranked . . . . Am I doing something wrong? 

You have to have a certain amount of points to be given a rank. 

Here is an interesting video. Alphonse, Shareena, Anna, Masked Man and Veronica reading out all the titles of the different Fire Emblems. I wonder how this will be used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD9my044wt4

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Everyone keeps talking about their ranks, for me it says unranked . . . . Am I doing something wrong? 

I think the threshold is 100,000.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.  I've been doing Arena for the Missions and to get a good enough rating to get some feathers, but I've been focusing more on getting my team to max level, as you can only challenge the Arena so many times without dipping into your Sword Crests.

11 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

You have to have a certain amount of points to be given a rank. 

Here is an interesting video. Alphonse, Shareena, Anna, Masked Man and Veronica reading out all the titles of the different Fire Emblems. I wonder how this will be used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD9my044wt4

Another name change! Quick, someone rename Blazing Sword to Blazing Blade on the main site!

And Dark Dragon and Sword of Light to Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light.

Why does localization hate 'Swords'? ;-;

Edited by Iris

7 minutes ago, Iris said:

Another name change! Quick, someone rename Blazing Sword to Blazing Blade on the main site!

And Dark Dragon and Sword of Light to Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light.

Why does localization hate 'Swords'? ;-;

They want to make it harder to differentiate FE6 and FE7, since they are both BB, now and even both have a first word ending in "ing".  The only difference is "Ind" vs "laz".

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light is way too long and clunky for a subtitle.  It's almost as bad as Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean.

Edited by Rezzy

Speaking of Binding Blade, what is the Sword of Seals called in this game? Is it still SoS?

Was looking around, apparently this is believed to be the strongest lineup:

Untitled_zps8wh8qhov.png

Aqua, Hector and Takumi are no real surprise, but I found it interesting that Lucina was the recommended here. While Lyn is much more dangerous offensively, Lucina is said to be a lot more reliable and versatile, which I would agree with. Lucina has a bit more bulk, can self-heal, is super effective against dragons, and Luna/Aether pierces Defense, so Magic isn't all that necessary.

It is kinda sad that all four units are physical-based, though. Magic users need a bit of love.

Got my first batch of random friend requests when I realized that my teams were in slots 2-4, and the game picks slot 1 to randomly appear on people's arena battle lists. By accepting one of the requests, I enjoy another set of five feathers daily ~

14 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Speaking of Binding Blade, what is the Sword of Seals called in this game? Is it still SoS?

Binding Blade the item is Binding Blade here in the game.

(Binding Blade the game is also Binding Blade, lol)

11 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Got my first batch of random friend requests when I realized that my teams were in slots 2-4, and the game picks slot 1 to randomly appear on people's arena battle lists. By accepting one of the requests, I enjoy another set of five feathers daily ~

Doesn't it max out at getting 5 Feathers a day through that method?  It would be nice if it was 5 per friend, as right now, it's just a drop in the bucket.