Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Solcalibre said:

Actually no, you're wrong. Robin is a very decent mage and one of the few to have an advantage over every colourless unit. He's also well rounded, not slow or fragile as you say he is. If you want to know fragile, see: Nino.

As for Anna, she's worth the effort put into. One the chance arrives for her to be 5* she'll be cleaning everyone's clocks in no time. The reason no-one uses her is because they see Camilla's Brave Axe.

Well let's be serious, Robin has no defense and his resistance is okay unless it's his bane which basically makes him a feather. And Anacybele's Robin is 3 stars so it's even worse. But I agree with what you say about Anna. The thing I don't like about brave weapons in general is the -5 speed. I feel like you would be better of using a silver ax if you're just basically going to throw away your speed stat for a WHOPPING 8 might. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 might in a game where highest might is 16 isn't anywhere near bad

Objectively speaking, the only time Braves is worse than Legendary is when he character have less than 16 Attack which is actually very reachable on higher levels. And yes, Legendary does have special effects, but Legendaries also didn't have the scaling mechanic with Rally and Hones

Edited by JSND

11 minutes ago, Otorio said:

I had to fight a Takumi with Vantage in there once. I, uh, can't say I really want that to be real. 

Ew, get that crap out of here. How did you win?

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well let's be serious, Robin has no defense and his resistance is okay unless it's his bane which basically makes him a feather. And Anacybele's Robin is 3 stars so it's even worse. But I agree with what you say about Anna. The thing I don't like about brave weapons in general is the -5 speed. I feel like you would be better of using a silver ax if you're just basically going to throw away your speed stat for a WHOPPING 8 might. 

If they gave the Brave weapons even higher Might, Brave units would all become really damn strong. iirc, Brave weapons actually have the second highest damage output in one round, only really losing to the Triangle Adept weapons (and super effective hits, but that doesn't count). The -5 Speed is just there to encourage good Player Phase usage and protection of your Brave nukes.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Braves are good for getting in two attacks before the counter attack and potentially killing them, or getting 4 attacks in on slow units.  They are for sure, player phase characters, but Brave Weapons have their place.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Please don't be a joke, this sounds too good to be true.

Check the bulletin board in the game and tap "Game Update News". I'm (usually) a serious guy, I don't joke about these things! xD

Edited by Chelone

This new announcement makes me VERY happy. It's a temporary assuaging of the current problems with the game's stamina system, though I still think it needs some fixing. Changes to the EXP system make me curious. There wouldn't be much point to announcing it like this if it was just 1-2 EXP per foe, which is what it would be if the game's current EXP ratios hold. It might be a deeper restructuring of how EXP and grinding works.

More orbs and Monday Training Tower rewards are also good. Any guesses as to what they will be? All of the badges have representation already, so I'm banking on either shards/crystals, or feathers. We will see!

3 minutes ago, TheMoniker said:

This new announcement makes me VERY happy. It's a temporary assuaging of the current problems with the game's stamina system, though I still think it needs some fixing. Changes to the EXP system make me curious. There wouldn't be much point to announcing it like this if it was just 1-2 EXP per foe, which is what it would be if the game's current EXP ratios hold. It might be a deeper restructuring of how EXP and grinding works.

More orbs and Monday Training Tower rewards are also good. Any guesses as to what they will be? All of the badges have representation already, so I'm banking on either shards/crystals, or feathers. We will see!

Maybe Monday will be a grab-bag of random rewards.  You could get Stam Potions, Dueling Crests, Feathers, Crystals/Shards.  I doubt they'd give out grindable Orbs, but it would be nice.

Can confirm it's real. Just checked my own file and it's there on the Bulletin Board. Now, as for my comments...

1. App Release Bonus Extension - More Orbs! Woo!
2. Worldwide Launch Celebration - I guess there were plans that changing out skills would cost Stamina and Training Tower would have been more, but that is now changed to present values. So, current stamina costs for Tower will remain the same! And there was much rejoicing.
3. Rewards will be added to the Training Tower for "Monday," provided I read that correctly. I'm personally hoping for bonus EXP or farmable shards & crystals as I have excess badges (including Great Badges) and a lack of feathers...
4. Units earn EXP when killing low level (5 levels lower) units - An excellent quality of life change. I look forward to this!

Now, if only I could get my hands on more Feathers and Orbs...

Edited by Sire

4 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Also, really glad they are listening to feedback. Not many games do this! Especially not as fast!

Yeah, makes me wish Niantic was better here about Pokemon GO. Not that I think they've been BAD about it, really, they just seem to drop the ball when trying to fix things people complain about. Like how long it took them to figure out the tracking issue. And even then, while the tracker is helpful again to a degree, it's still not as helpful as it once was. And we still don't have trading or battling outside gyms. :/ I doubt IS would be this slow in adding new features.

5 minutes ago, Sire said:

Can confirm it's real. Just checked my own file and it's there on the Bulletin Board. Now, as for my comments...

1. App Release Bonus Extension - More Orbs! Woo!
2. Worldwide Launch Celebration - I guess there were plans that changing out skills would cost Stamina and Training Tower would have been more, but that is now changed to present values. So, current stamina costs for Tower will remain the same! And there was much rejoicing.
3. Rewards will be added to the Training Tower for "Monday," provided I read that correctly. I'm personally hoping for bonus EXP or farmable shards & crystals as I have excess badges (including Great Badges) and a lack of feathers...
4. Units earn EXP when killing low level (5 levels lower) units - An excellent quality of life change. I look forward to this!

Now, if only I could get my hands on more Feathers and Orbs...

Doing just the Training Tower seems to be an okay level for Stamina.  I would like more, but I understand that they don't want you playing all day.  The current level, I can do 5 or 6 missions in a sitting.  I was really worried about the upcoming Stamina Cost increase.

It's not like Story Mode, where you do two missions, then have to wait 5 hours for your Stamina Meter to refill.

Now, if only they added a way to get more Orbs in game.  I know we get two free ones per day, but I wish I could do more than one Pull every week and a half.

33 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Is this new? :o

a262f5eba354466d8c88c8bca1e8506e.jpg

S̶H̶E̶L̶L̶ ̶Y̶E̶A̶H̶.̶ ̶M̶Y̶ ̶H̶O̶M̶E̶ ̶B̶O̶Y̶S̶/̶G̶I̶R̶L̶S̶ ̶A̶T̶ ̶N̶I̶N̶T̶E̶N̶D̶O̶ ̶C̶O̶M̶I̶N̶G̶ ̶T̶H̶R̶O̶U̶G̶H̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶!̶

Ahem nice. Now all we need is a "view map" and "formation" tool for arena

Edited by Arcanite

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Doing just the Training Tower seems to be an okay level for Stamina.  I would like more, but I understand that they don't want you playing all day.  The current level, I can do 5 or 6 missions in a sitting.  I was really worried about the upcoming Stamina Cost increase.

It's not like Story Mode, where you do two missions, then have to wait 5 hours for your Stamina Meter to refill.

Now, if only they added a way to get more Orbs in game.  I know we get two free ones per day, but I wish I could do more than one Pull every week and a half.

I agree the Training Tower is fine for what it is. Unlike Story Mode, I don't feel as bad if I end up losing or needing to surrender at the higher tiers (where stamina is 7-9 per run past level 30). As FE: Heroes is a free mobile game, I know it relies on various factors to increase income. While the majority of it will no doubt come from players buying Orbs to summon new characters, some of it will come from players who want to play more (Stamina Potions, Dueling Crests) or or those who really do not want to restart a mission (Light's Blessing, especially on high-stamina cost missions).

Story Mode's stamina costs are rather high, but when one considers the rewards (precious, precious Orbs), I can see why they begin to get a bit insane. However, it would be nice (as a compromise) to lower the Stamina requirement of Story missions after the player successfully clears them. There is already the penalty of getting less EXP for the clear (and no reward at the end either), so making the stamina requirement less makes some sense. It also offers some replayability for other teams that may want to mess around in Story Mode instead of training in the Tower constantly.

As for Orbs, from a business standpoint, it is obvious why they are so limited (and somewhat addicting. Give plenty of free and easy orbs at the start, lots of summons and item usage, and then later when there's an orb drought, the temptation to buy more is very real). I wouldn't mind a "free hero summon" once a week. While I would love the "free summon" to use the same chances as everything else (3* to 5* rank), if such a system was added I'm sure players would only obtain 1* to 3* heroes. Still, it is better than nothing.

I am in a lucky (or unlucky, depending on perspective) position where I happen to have lots of ample free time on my hands. So, I can easily manage FE:H stamina system without much "excess loss" (save for when one needs to sleep). My main bottleneck is lack of income, so I cannot splurge on Orbs and feast on the results.

12 minutes ago, Sire said:

I agree the Training Tower is fine for what it is. Unlike Story Mode, I don't feel as bad if I end up losing or needing to surrender at the higher tiers (where stamina is 7-9 per run past level 30). As FE: Heroes is a free mobile game, I know it relies on various factors to increase income. While the majority of it will no doubt come from players buying Orbs to summon new characters, some of it will come from players who want to play more (Stamina Potions, Dueling Crests) or or those who really do not want to restart a mission (Light's Blessing, especially on high-stamina cost missions).

Story Mode's stamina costs are rather high, but when one considers the rewards (precious, precious Orbs), I can see why they begin to get a bit insane. However, it would be nice (as a compromise) to lower the Stamina requirement of Story missions after the player successfully clears them. There is already the penalty of getting less EXP for the clear (and no reward at the end either), so making the stamina requirement less makes some sense. It also offers some replayability for other teams that may want to mess around in Story Mode instead of training in the Tower constantly.

As for Orbs, from a business standpoint, it is obvious why they are so limited (and somewhat addicting. Give plenty of free and easy orbs at the start, lots of summons and item usage, and then later when there's an orb drought, the temptation to buy more is very real). I wouldn't mind a "free hero summon" once a week. While I would love the "free summon" to use the same chances as everything else (3* to 5* rank), if such a system was added I'm sure players would only obtain 1* to 3* heroes. Still, it is better than nothing.

I am in a lucky (or unlucky, depending on perspective) position where I happen to have lots of ample free time on my hands. So, I can easily manage FE:H stamina system without much "excess loss" (save for when one needs to sleep). My main bottleneck is lack of income, so I cannot splurge on Orbs and feast on the results.

This free 1 to 3 star summon every week basically exists except they give you 2 hero maps everyday (Felicia Donnel Olivia sophia etc.) Adding a 1 - 3 summon would just be unnecessary. A free summon every 2 days is not a bad idea though. In fact it's pretty great. Nice way to actually get a steady flow of feathers potentially, considering there is a 36% chance of getting a 4 star and 6% for a 5 for a total of 42% chance of getting something "good" or 150+ feathers.