• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Used my Arena matches to test stuff out, and Olivia is working wonders. Any problem that could have been solved by having a certain unit, I solved it by just hitting them again. She doesn't even need the 5* to be 100% functional.

I felt like with my old team (Lucina/Camilla/Kagerou/Young Tiki), there was always at least one unit twiddling their thumbs because they couldn't go out anyway, so I think this is for the best. I might still consider using Sharena, however.

Sharon is great if you can fit her in your team, my 4* Sharon kills sword/slow reds in two rounds which is great.

50 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I've been using 4* Olivia for the past week, and she's probably the most important member on the team, be it allowing me to reposition my units after combat or pulling off the Lyn galeforce combo. She doesn't get any kills, but her support has given me more flawless wins than Elise could ever hope to.

How well does your 4* Olivia perform in combat against green units? I was thinking of ascending her to 4* and leveling her further if she performs well.

Also, anyone here have experience on Chrom, Sophia, and Eliwood? I managed to roll Chrom and Sophia at 4* and was looking to invest in an anti-green unit, I have Eliwood at 3* but he seems average in terms of durability and damage.

36 minutes ago, Herman Bloom said:

Ok long post guys but my A team of Camilla and Co gets smoked more often than not, and I don't think I am THAT bad at this game. Two greens and a reliance on Physical is I guess my issue, but I used 60 orbs summon in and got garbage. Screenshots below of the A, B, and C teams I am playing around with/levelling, plus another one showing my roster. Any suggestions? Thanks 

Best possible team would probably be (personal opinion):

1. Lucina - Arguably the best red unit, together with Ryoma. Also good against those pesky Manaketes.

2. Kagero - Effective against Infantry, which is what most units in this game consist of. 

3. Nino - You need a magic user in your team, and she's really good at that. You also fed a duplicate to her, which is good. If you keep her at 4 stars, she'll be stonger because of the increased stats and if you decide to get her to 5*, she'll end up costing less feathers.

4. Probably Sullie to complete your color diversity (which I personally highly value), but other options could be Fae, Corrin, Jeorge, Camilla or Raven. Fae is a good tank, though is somewhat worse than the other Manaketes because quite some reds have dragonslayer weapons and Fae is the only one without a 2-range counter. Corrin is also pretty decent and could take a hit, which I feel your team really needs. Jeorge will annihilate fliers, but will make your team very squishy. Camilla or Raven are two very offensive units aswell which I feel your team has enough off, but they are 5 stars and leveled, which is really good. 

Edited by Birdy

Great, that is two of you saying Nino and Sully so will level them both for sure. Nino goes in for Raven (much as I think Raven is cool) and then I can test Camilla for Sully and see what works out.

Won't be summoning again for a while so if I get time I'll then put Fae into that Jeorge team and level them as well.

7 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

Sharon is great if you can fit her in your team, my 4* Sharon kills sword/slow reds in two rounds which is great.

How well does your 4* Olivia perform in combat against green units? I was thinking of ascending her to 4* and leveling her further if she performs well.

Also, anyone here have experience on Chrom, Sophia, and Eliwood? I managed to roll Chrom and Sophia at 4* and was looking to invest in an anti-green unit, I have Eliwood at 3* but he seems average in terms of durability and damage.

Olivia can't really fight... Like, at all. I don't think she can even kill mages that well. This is where she differs from Azura, who is a Songstress with relevant damage. However, Olivia has all the skills she needs available at 4*, so she's much easier to use. I'd definitely recommend raising her, despite her lack of combat ability.

Sophia is quite... I don't want to say useless, but it's hard to deny it. Red magic has never been that relevant to begin with, and there are much better choices in Red too. Chrom would be my pick over her. He's quite tanky at high levels, and has Sol to replenish health, but 4* Chrom doesn't get the Falchion or Aether, which really hampers his usability a lot. Eliwood has a horse, and that's about it honestly. He has Aegis (or whatever his variation is called), but don't expect much from him in terms of damage.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

does anyone know if all new banners come with a new paralogue? this might be a good f2p way of getting orbs (9 orbs from paralogue + 1 from quest every 2 (?) weeks)

not that excited about the next focus pull, already have 4* of all the units and a 5* maria :/

48 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

Well, my Olivia's only level 31 compared to the other 3 level 40s on my team, so she doesn't see much combat. I still recommend raising her to 4* purely for dance utility and hone Atk anyways, as green units are just free kills for Lyn, or any sword lord in my experience.

I found this neat infographic describing how stat variance and stat growths work, if anyone is still confused as to how it works. It uses Nino, who has lately been doing her best to be a reddit meme. Let's pray it doesn't spread here.

20 hours ago, Sire said:

The next focus (Fir, Hawkeye, Adult!Tiki, & Maria) is all right. I do really want a Fir and wouldn't mind a Hawkeye, but I already have Adult Tiki (although not a 5*) and don't care much for Maria. However,, my hero wishlist is growing and now I really need want Elise, Takumi, and Azura to make my ultimate main team (paired with Ryoma). Then I wanted a Hector (and Takumi) for my Defensive team. Of course, the chances of getting all of them any time soon is slim to none, but a man can try to dream, right?

Where did you see that that is who is going to be the next batch of focus characters?  I can't seem to find that on Google.  Although, if true, I might save my Orbs during that period, since I've already got all those characters, although only Maria is 5*.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Where did you see that that is who is going to be the next batch of focus characters?  I can't seem to find that on Google.  Although, if true, I might save my Orbs during that period, since I've already got all those characters, although only Maria is 5*.

It was a datamined image. I'm personally of the opinion that it's not actually a focus banner though. Rather, there'll just be a period of time with no focus (instead of jumping straight from one focus to another constantly), and they just picked 4 random characters to represent the default vanilla summoning banner.

19 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It was a datamined image. I'm personally of the opinion that it's not actually a focus banner though. Rather, there'll just be a period of time with no focus (instead of jumping straight from one focus to another constantly), and they just picked 4 random characters to represent the default vanilla summoning banner.

I think they'll probably have a focus of some sort going at all times, but not necessarily new units.  They could add existing units like Hector or Leo as Focus units for a couple weeks.

That data mined batch does seem like an odd assortment to focus, though.  I didn't know they were that popular.

41 minutes ago, Lupine said:

I don't think they are that popular. I agree they could pick Hector, Leo, or Ryoma and we would all empty our pockets.  

On a separate topic who do you think I should 5 star first Effie or Nowi?

They are both good units. Do you like your women young or heavily clad in armour?

43 minutes ago, Lupine said:

I don't think they are that popular. I agree they could pick Hector, Leo, or Ryoma and we would all empty our pockets.  

On a separate topic who do you think I should 5 star first Effie or Nowi?

It's a little hard to recommend what character without context of the rest of the team. However, considering they are both Blues and are somewhat tanky, I am going to assume whatever unit chosen will be used for the same role. So...

Effie
- Has greater potential in tanking due to Wary Fighter.
- Low movement, but offers maneuverability options for allies with Smite.
- Has insane Physical damage, so much so that not even Physical Tanks can handle Effie effectively. Those who have low DEF will take terrible, terrible damage.
- Vulnerable to Armorslayers (uncommon in Arenas, but still a concern) and magic.

Nowi
- Is a Dragon, so is weak to Falchion users (which are rather prevalent in the Arena with Lucina being the most common. Luckily, Nowi's a blue and has the Weapon Triangle on her side, but it will still hurt.)
- Can counter ranged attacks, but is still a bit weak to Magic.
- Offers utility with Rally Defense and Threaten RES.

I would recommend Effie if you run a healer (so she can keep Wary Fighter up and continue tanking effectively) or Nowi if you are running other magic units (like Robin) to take advantage of her Threaten RES. Just remember that both units are slow and can be doubled, although Effie has Wary Fighter to tip the scales in her favor.

Thanks for the info!  Right now I run Takumi, Lucina, M. Robin, and Julia.  Which they tear everything up!   I only ran in trouble in the arena when I met someone who had Takumi, Hector, and Ryoma.  Might lean towards Effie since your right there is so many Falchions and now Julia out there.  Appreciate it!

4 hours ago, Sire said:

It's a little hard to recommend what character without context of the rest of the team. However, considering they are both Blues and are somewhat tanky, I am going to assume whatever unit chosen will be used for the same role. So...

Effie
- Has greater potential in tanking due to Wary Fighter.
- Low movement, but offers maneuverability options for allies with Smite.
- Has insane Physical damage, so much so that not even Physical Tanks can handle Effie effectively. Those who have low DEF will take terrible, terrible damage.
- Vulnerable to Armorslayers (uncommon in Arenas, but still a concern) and magic.

Nowi
- Is a Dragon, so is weak to Falchion users (which are rather prevalent in the Arena with Lucina being the most common. Luckily, Nowi's a blue and has the Weapon Triangle on her side, but it will still hurt.)
- Can counter ranged attacks, but is still a bit weak to Magic.
- Offers utility with Rally Defense and Threaten RES.

I would recommend Effie if you run a healer (so she can keep Wary Fighter up and continue tanking effectively) or Nowi if you are running other magic units (like Robin) to take advantage of her Threaten RES. Just remember that both units are slow and can be doubled, although Effie has Wary Fighter to tip the scales in her favor.

Effie is so insane, she can actually 1v1 most magic users and win. Unless they shoot her from behind the cover of a mountain tile, she can just casually walk up and one shot them, and they can't one-shot her because of her passable Res and Wary Fighter. The only things that can one-shot Effie would be like, a Nino with +4 to every stat, for her tome to gain max damage, or Julia with Dragon Fang active. Robin is the only mage that will not get one shot, but his damage output is fairly low, so it's actually still possible for him to lose.

Speaking of Nowi, now that Julia exists, her usability is probably going to drop even more.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy