Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@eclipseWait, why is Gordin so good with Vantage? I mean, he's my only realistic choice for bows now (unless I somehow pull Takumi in my next pull... so yeah, just Gordin) so I'm gonna train him up, but why would Vantage+Brave Bow be good? He's still gonna get doubled, and he won't deal that much damage with his one counterattack at the beginning of combat, so wouldn't he still get wrecked on enemy phase?
Also, related maybe-a-problem: Does Gordin normally have low Attack? My 4-Star Gordin has 20 Attack at Level 21, and I'm not sure if it's because he's gotten crappy levels or because he's got an ATK bane, and it's starting to worry me (and makes leveling him up annoying when a level has no flying enemies).

As for Sakura, yeah, that's pretty much what I was looking for. Good to know I'll still have some support unit when I bench Jeorge.

Also, when you're talking about bringing an Armorslayer for Narcian... did you mean Zephiel? And if so, wouldn't Robin be able to handle him with WTA and Bonfire? If not, I can grind up my 4-Star Oboro with her Heavy Spear (she has Rally Defense and Threaten Resistance too, so maybe I could run her with Robin or some other mage if I ever pull another good one), or maybe my 4-Star Hana with her Armorslayer and really high offensive stats (she'd probably die on enemy phase, but she'd most likely be able to kill Zephiel).

Thanks for the Lunatic tips, guys! Sorry for taking so long to respond.

My Gordin wound up with -ATK and +DEF, which means he's got more Defense than Attack.  Vantage means he can shoot mages before they shoot him, and if they're at low health, they'll die.  I use Gordin as an anti-flier and a physical tank.

The Armorslayer sword works against Narcian, albeit as a sword, and not an armor-slaying thing.  Hana will most likely double Narcian and make him rethink his life (I hope).  If you run Hana with Sakura, you should be able to mitigate 10 damage from an enemy armor - 4 from Fortify Defense, and 6 from Fear.

14 hours ago, Reloaded said:

Would a bane Speed (Lyn) or HP (Camilla) warrant using Olivia? I'm thinking no, since Lyn still doubles frequently and Camilla has a boon Defense to help.

Camilla alone warrants it.  It's +8 Attack.

Edited by eclipse

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Takumi is better on Defence as defending teams do not need to keep all 4 units alive, and thus Takumi can often take at least one of the attackers down with him due to close counter. On offense, close counter is less useful as it requires you to take damage, which is detrimental to perfect runs.

Camilla is bad on Defence though, as it is easy to bait her out with a sword user, which is why I don't really understand why I come across so many camillas in the arena. All she really does is help charge up Lyn's galeforce.

In my case, I used Camilla since she filled my Green hole and countered Takumi counters pretty well.  I pulled Hector, today, though, so I'll be switching her out for him.  And I got a Bane/Boon combo that's not detrimental this time.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

My Gordin wound up with -ATK and +DEF, which means he's got more Defense than Attack.  Vantage means he can shoot mages before they shoot him, and if they're at low health, they'll die.  I use Gordin as an anti-flier and a physical tank.

Huh. I was thinking Vantage+Brave Bow meant that Gordin might end up doing the Brave weapon double-attack when he got attacked and Vantage kicked in, but I haven't been able to test it for myself (I decided to stop grinding up Gordin for a while since he couldn't damage most non-flying enemies I fought while trying to bring him up), and I'm guessing since you didn't mention it that this isn't the case?

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The Armorslayer sword works against Narcian, albeit as a sword, and not an armor-slaying thing.  Hana will most likely double Narcian and make him rethink his life (I hope).  If you run Hana with Sakura, you should be able to mitigate 10 damage from an enemy armor - 4 from Fortify Defense, and 6 from Fear.

Ah, I see. That makes sense. And yeah, I would be running Hana with Sakura most likely, since Sakura's pretty close to replacing Clarine right now and will almost definitely get there well before I manage to get Hana ready for Lunatic.
Though, will I need another knight-killing unit to deal with Zephiel, or will 4-Star Robin and/or Hana (assuming Nintendo doesn't just drop 10,000 feathers on everyone again in the near future) be enough to handle him? I'm not too worried about the other armors, but Zephiel will probably cause problems for me if I let him get a hit in (especially on Hana, she's so damn fragile).

4 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Huh. I was thinking Vantage+Brave Bow meant that Gordin might end up doing the Brave weapon double-attack when he got attacked and Vantage kicked in, but I haven't been able to test it for myself (I decided to stop grinding up Gordin for a while since he couldn't damage most non-flying enemies I fought while trying to bring him up), and I'm guessing since you didn't mention it that this isn't the case?

Ah, I see. That makes sense. And yeah, I would be running Hana with Sakura most likely, since Sakura's pretty close to replacing Clarine right now and will almost definitely get there well before I manage to get Hana ready for Lunatic.
Though, will I need another knight-killing unit to deal with Zephiel, or will 4-Star Robin and/or Hana (assuming Nintendo doesn't just drop 10,000 feathers on everyone again in the near future) be enough to handle him? I'm not too worried about the other armors, but Zephiel will probably cause problems for me if I let him get a hit in (especially on Hana, she's so damn fragile).

Nope, it's only one attack.  Then again, Gordin doesn't really give a flip if it's an enemy archer.

I'm almost there!  Need to grind a bit more to get Fae to level 40, so I can wreck 8-5.  If Zephiel doesn't OHKO Hana, she might be able to win.

20 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Nope, it's only one attack.  Then again, Gordin doesn't really give a flip if it's an enemy archer.

I'm almost there!  Need to grind a bit more to get Fae to level 40, so I can wreck 8-5.  If Zephiel doesn't OHKO Hana, she might be able to win.

Ah well. That would've been a bit too good, I suppose.
Gonna stick with Jeorge for now, then. My Gordin can't deal damage to most non-flying enemies, which makes training him up in the Tower annoying, while my Jeorge has addressed his power problem with the last couple of levels (though his defenses are still questionable), and his support skills (Attack Seal, Speed buff for adjacent units) have proven quite useful for my current team through the last couple of Arena runs and the last couple chapters of Lunatic.

Now that I think about it, Robin's probably my best bet against Zephiel. Hana might be able to do massive damage to Zephiel, but between his if-I'm-remembering-correctly rather high Attack stat and Hana's horrible defenses, he'll probably one-shot her unless mine happens to be +DEF (which I'm betting she isn't), she gets Sakura's Fortify DEF bonus, and Sakura gets the opening shot in to Fear Zephiel's attack down a bit. Hopefully Robin'll be able to deal with Zephiel, or at least weaken him enough that Hana can run in and finish him without risking a counterattack.

And good luck with 8-5 (though how does Fae help with 8-5? Isn't that the one with Lucina, who has WTA and effective damage on Fae via Falchion?)! I'm gonna see if my Roy/Robin/Jeorge/Clarine team can handle 7-5 tonight!

Edited by ILikeKirbys

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Ah well. That would've been a bit too good, I suppose.
Gonna stick with Jeorge for now, then. My Gordin can't deal damage to most non-flying enemies, which makes training him up in the Tower annoying, while my Jeorge has addressed his power problem with the last couple of levels (though his defenses are still questionable), and his support skills (Attack Seal, Speed buff for adjacent units) have proven quite useful for my current team through the last couple of Arena runs and the last couple chapters of Lunatic.

Now that I think about it, Robin's probably my best bet against Zephiel. Hana might be able to do massive damage to Zephiel, but between his if-I'm-remembering-correctly rather high Attack stat and Hana's horrible defenses, he'll probably one-shot her unless mine happens to be +DEF (which I'm betting she isn't), she gets Sakura's Fortify DEF bonus, and Sakura gets the opening shot in to Fear Zephiel's attack down a bit. Hopefully Robin'll be able to deal with Zephiel, or at least weaken him enough that Hana can run in and finish him without risking a counterattack.

And good luck with 8-5 (though how does Fae help with 8-5? Isn't that the one with Lucina, who has WTA and effective damage on Fae via Falchion?)! I'm gonna see if my Roy/Robin/Jeorge/Clarine team can handle 7-5 tonight!

I know the enemies hit really hard on Lunatic, but I'm not sure if Hana + Sakura buff and debuff would be enough.  You can have Hana stand next to Sakura, then have Sakura use Fear, then place Hana between Zephiel and Sakura and end your turn.

Fae has only one job, and that is to murder Robin.  He's actually the hard part of the map for my team.  After that, Virion kites and makes life hell for everyone, while male Corrin goes to town because -7 Speed shuts down a lot of offense.

37 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I know the enemies hit really hard on Lunatic, but I'm not sure if Hana + Sakura buff and debuff would be enough.  You can have Hana stand next to Sakura, then have Sakura use Fear, then place Hana between Zephiel and Sakura and end your turn.

Fae has only one job, and that is to murder Robin.  He's actually the hard part of the map for my team.  After that, Virion kites and makes life hell for everyone, while male Corrin goes to town because -7 Speed shuts down a lot of offense.

Ah, that... I dunno, Hana's defenses are really bad, but on the other hand I'm not sure if they're bad enough that Zephiel'd still one-shot her at -10 damage.
I was just gonna have Robin attack Zephiel to soften him up, then send in Hana to finish him without eating a counterattack (possibly after Sakura Fears Zephiel to make sure Hana can survive if Robin isn't strong enough and/or doesn't get Bonfire on Zephiel and she has to eat a counterattack).

Also, is Robin really that bad? Because I'm gonna need to either get Narcian up to speed real quick or pray for good Green units on my next pull if that's the case.
And because I just did 8-1 with my Roy/Robin/Jeorge/Clarine team, and my only strategy for beating Robin there was to have Jeorge bait him out, survive a couple of turns thanks to Seal Attack to distract Robin while my Robin and Clarine dealt with the knight and Tharja until Roy could get over there and wreck the axe cav, then had Clarine heal Jeorge and had him finish Robin. Not sure how I'm gonna deal with that chapter just yet... Need to sub in a Green unit to deal with 8-2 Nowi right now, she's gonna wreck my whole team as it stands (Roy can't do anything to her (not sure if I should grind up Lyn or Marth for this one... Marth's probably gonna end up a slightly better unit, but Lyn is closer to Roy's level right now...), Robin and Jeorge can't do enough damage to her to kill her before she kills them, and I doubt Clarine's gonna have better luck on that front... but I can't just throw Narcian at her since Henry's there to magic him down... This is gonna be a tough one unless I get very lucky with my next pull and get a good Green unit...).

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Also, is Robin really that bad? Because I'm gonna need to either get Narcian up to speed real quick or pray for good Green units on my next pull if that's the case.

And because I just did 8-1 with my Roy/Robin/Jeorge/Clarine team, and my only strategy for beating Robin there was to have Jeorge bait him out, survive a couple of turns thanks to Seal Attack to distract Robin while my Robin and Clarine dealt with the knight and Tharja until Roy could get over there and wreck the axe cav, then had Clarine heal Jeorge and had him finish Robin. Not sure how I'm gonna deal with that chapter just yet... Need to sub in a Green unit to deal with 8-2 Nowi right now, she's gonna wreck my whole team as it stands (Roy can't do anything to her (not sure if I should grind up Lyn or Marth for this one... Marth's probably gonna end up a slightly better unit, but Lyn is closer to Roy's level right now...), Robin and Jeorge can't do enough damage to her to kill her before she kills them, and I doubt Clarine's gonna have better luck on that front... but I can't just throw Narcian at her since Henry's there to magic him down... This is gonna be a tough one unless I get very lucky with my next pull and get a good Green unit...).

Robin is bad for my team composition.  My two main damage dealers for that map are Corrin/Virion.  Corrin the Swordie doesn't do well against blue, and Virion eats a ton of damage thanks to Robin's weapon.  If I can kill Robin quickly, it'll distract Lucina for a turn.  That's just long enough for me to slip Corrin behind enemy lines, and for Virion to slow Lucina.  From there, it's a matter of cleaning up.

Much as I'd love to use Tiki, that's an even worse idea.

Personal opinion would be to wait for the next few banners to pop up and hope it the character you want and just save orbs till then. Although i got a lot of characters i wanted Like young tiki,robin and Lucina, Their still a few i'm really trying to get like azura, Nowi, Ryoma and etc and ive already spent all the in game orbs plus like $300 in orbs so for that same itch you probably have thinking "I'm sure to get one of them this time". As for me i'm just gonna pray that we get FE9 surplus of characters soon so my impatience doesn't make me cave before then. 

I've been messing around a bit with FE: Heroes resources. While we have some located right here in Serenes Forest, I mostly been relying on Gamepress' FE:H Calculator and FEH Wiki Tier List (not to be confused with the Fire Emblem Wikia or the other FE wiki).

Specifically, I want to share two additional resources. Apparently FE: Wiki now now has their own Stat Calculator and even have a handy 5* Max Stat Table. Of course, both are still incomplete and could use more information, and the latter only uses "average" stats and does not take stat variances into account. The Stat Calculator may be useful in cross referencing the one at GamePress, or one calculator may have information the other does not.

Of course, as time goes on and with further research / datamining, these resource sites will mostly become a place of preference instead of looking around for different sources. Still, for now, doing research on multiple sites can be useful if one is min-maxing.
As for some fun random trivia... (Stats taken from the 5* Max Stat Table, still incomplete.)

HP: Hector and Seliph have the most HP at 52, with Effie having 50 and Merric (of all people) having 48. Chrom and Ogma take up fourth with 47 HP.

P ATT: Effie annihilates things with her mighty 55 ATT while Chrom breaks things at 53 ATT. Hector & Hana share a 52 ATT rating. As for fourth place, Ephraim and Alfonse deal 51 ATT.

M ATT: Lilina invites her opponents to a BBQ with 53 ATT while Julia, Linde, and Nino showcase their magical prowess at 49 ATT. Fae, both Tikis, and Cecilia round out third place with 46 ATT. Next up is girl with wonderful hair, Tharja! (Wait, what do you mean Nowi wanted to know about her boingy bits?) Sharing 4th place with Tharja is everyone's favorite budding flower, Elise! (Wait, how does a staffie make 4th place in Magic ATT?)

SPD: Running around at speed of sound, got places to go, and gotta follow her rainbow, it is Hana with 44 SPD! Lon'Qu has 42 SPD while Linde has 39. As a bonus, Heroes!Anna makes it fourth place at 38 SPD.

DEF: Showcasing he is still the unstoppable Juggernaut with 37 DEF is the man, the legend, Hector. He also shares 37 DEF with Snake Eater Beruka. In second place is Sheena, the princess of Gra, with 36 DEF. The surprising third "tank" is the "pat pat" girl, F!Corrin! Like SPD, DEF has a bonus round, showcasing Effie, Nowi, and Saizo having 33 DEF! ...One of these is not like the others. Must be the ninjas, or maybe Kellam. I mean, he's right next to Azura on the Tier List, but no one notices him...

RES: Earning first place is Corrin's clumsy maid, Felicia with 38 RES! Elise also takes up another spot by having the 2nd highest RES at 35. If you believe in love, then you will certainly believe that Caeda swoops in at third with 34 RES. Lastly, we have the humble Wyrs and the bloodthirsty Peri taking fourth with 33 RES.

Totals: You cannot stop him. If he had a horse, he certainly would be one of the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Nay, he has but his armor and self-taught skill with his axe, and Hector takes the total rankings with 184 points! // She eats, and eats, and eats some more. She trains by simply standing in place, weighed down by not just heavy armor, but plenty of stones. She has the STR to rival Hercules, and that is Effie with 183 points! // Skipping past Sheena (with 180), Adult!Tiki is better than her younger self by one point, being 179 vs 178. // Finally, sharing 177 points, are Nowi and Sharena! Nowi shows that with age does come wisdom, despite her childish demeanor, but Sharena rises to the occasion by being the highest ranked Story character. (Granted, Anna is at 174 and Alfonse is at 173, but still.)

Edited by Sire
Formatting

I've just been checking Altema for numbers. They had the stats for most of the relevant units already, including Banes and Boons, so I've just been referring to that. Good to see more English resources though.

Are you sure Elise is 4th place in Magic Attack? Did they factor out weapons or something? Even so, she still definitely isn't 4th place. Nino without tome is higher than Elise without staff, that's for sure.

I love how people slowly realized Sharena was lowkey amazing. I always thought she had potential, but now we have the numbers to back it up too.

@nightmorpher I gave in to the demons... I'll save up during the next banner, since I don't care about it....

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

The stats total is kinda interesting because the highest are all held by Armors, hell the next highest after that is what is essentially Magical Armors, with Sharena being the first odd one of the bunch 

Edited by JSND

Anyone else have a Camilla on their team simply for the mountain arena map? I have a 4* Camilla and use her due to only having 3 5* units and needing a green unit on the team.The AI makes Takumi and red units prioritize chasing Camilla. Have her fly back and forth across the mountain and you can effectively bait the units one by one. Its pretty sad because depending on the enemy units I can win with taking 0 dmg sometimes.   

8 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I have 22 orbs right now, and I'm kinda itching to pull... I really want stuff like Azura, and I wouldn't mind pulling Eirika or something either... But I also feel like I should save up for the future. What do?

If you want Eirika, now is the time to try to use Orbs to get her.  If you want to save for Azura, I'd save Orbs to see if she pops up in a future focus.

55 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Apparently my team is a good defensive team as well. Who would have known?

How many defense wins do you guys have?

IMG_3202.PNG

I've had 10 Defense wins with a high score of 268.

3 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Apparently my team is a good defensive team as well. Who would have known?

How many defense wins do you guys have?

Only 2, well one is 263 worth of points. Wish I know how this thing is determined.

Thinking of putting up full red Defense team in the next season.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

If you want Eirika, now is the time to try to use Orbs to get her.  If you want to save for Azura, I'd save Orbs to see if she pops up in a future focus.

Woah, tell me your secret.

Damn, I'm sorry, eclipse. Habit from other forum dies hard.

(clipsey here, don't do it again)

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Damn, beat me by 1 point. I also have 10 defensive wins. Though I did change my team mid season once Ephraim was up on lvs. 

8 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I have 22 orbs right now, and I'm kinda itching to pull... I really want stuff like Azura, and I wouldn't mind pulling Eirika or something either... But I also feel like I should save up for the future. What do?

Welcome to the club. I also wanted Eirika, but I'm saving up for a focus that covers my blue and green unit deficit, since I'm fed up with reds already. I'd also go for transparent if they release anything worth it beyond takumeme.

If you're like me - not planning to spend money at all - I'd recommend saving up orbs for a focus that has something your current team lacks. I've only now figured out that popping all options at the summon screen is not always the best option (I eneded up with lots of red/transparent units, which was dumb, btw, since there wasn't even a transparent focus unit on the focus I was pulling).

17 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Woah, tell me your secret.

Damn, I'm sorry, eclipse. Habit from other forum dies hard.

15 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Damn, beat me by 1 point. I also have 10 defensive wins. Though I did change my team mid season once Ephraim was up on lvs. 

At the start of the week, my team was Camilla, Takumi, Lilina, Roy.  I had 3 D wins, then switched out Roy for Abel.  I then had 7 D wins.  Yesterday, I got Hector and raised my Baby Tiki to 40.  I made my new team: Baby Tiki, Takumi, Hector, Abel.  I now have 10 D wins.

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-02-19-10-39-

Edited by Rezzy

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

At the start of the week, my team was Camilla, Takumi, Lilina, Roy.  I had 3 D wins, then switched out Roy for Abel.  I then had 7 D wins.  Yesterday, I got Hector and raised my Baby Tiki to 40.  I made my new team: Baby Tiki, Takumi, Hector, Abel.  I now have 10 D wins.

Is your in-game name also Rezzy? Just to be sure never to face you in arena mode ;)
(but they don't show us names before the battle, right? Oh well...)

I also second that somewhat. My 4*Abel made a lot of difference on defense wins, even though the unit I switched out was a 5* Jakob. I think Roy performs alright too, if your team is mostly physical (but of that I'm not really sure).