Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Has anyone been able to confirm receiving bonus points in the voting gauntlet for using specific characters that match your team? I don't see any explanation of that in the [?] button anymore, so I wondered if they changed that. I've got Julia fighting on Lucina's team (sorry, I wanted to win), but I have yet to fight with a team that doesn't have Lucina in it. I'm getting 100P x1 by default, and 100P for each blue flag. Is that the same for everyone regardless of your party?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, SirChadlyOC said:

Has anyone been able to confirm receiving bonus points in the voting gauntlet for using specific characters that match your team? I don't see any explanation of that in the [?] button anymore, so I wondered if they changed that. I've got Julia fighting on Lucina's team (sorry, I wanted to win), but I have yet to fight with a team that doesn't have Lucina in it. I'm getting 100P x1 by default, and 100P for each blue flag. Is that the same for everyone regardless of your party?

Base points (empty friends list) goes up from 50 to 55 for using the character you support as your lead.

2 minutes ago, SirChadlyOC said:

You get an extra 10 points per flag.

It appears that heroes you can't level up/unlock potential are sorted apart from those who can, which means you can see who you can lvl up/ unlock potential on the top of the list, and the others are at the bottom. It's minor, but it's neet. (Or was it already in the last update but I wasn't aware of?)

Just now, Rapha666br said:

Should I use Lucina If I am on Lucina team? I am using Klein

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

I want to win too

Also, I am getting exp from much lower enwmy levels , like 1 exp.

If you want bonus points yeah but Lucina already won so it really doesn't even matter.

With the xp, that came with the update. Now we get experience from much lower levels instead of -5 or more

I don't dare set Lucina as my unit, because a lot of people are doing it. There have been too many fights where my Julia basically saves the day because of the Blue Plague the Sharena camp is sending.

So apparently, +Spd/-Def Julia can actually tank a hit from Takumi and barely live, and won't get doubled by neutral Spd Takumis. Then he dies next turn. That's amazing. +Atk is swell and all, but can't compare to this kind of utility.

2 hours ago, Luxian said:

It appears that heroes you can't level up/unlock potential are sorted apart from those who can, which means you can see who you can lvl up/ unlock potential on the top of the list, and the others are at the bottom. It's minor, but it's neet. (Or was it already in the last update but I wasn't aware of?)

When merging, they group duplicates of each character immediately after the first instance of that character in your current sort order (such as when ordering by level). The four members of your current party are, as usual, sorted first, but with their duplicates as well. It's pretty convenient.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

When merging, they group duplicates of each character immediately after the first instance of that character in your current sort order (such as when ordering by level). The four members of your current party are, as usual, sorted first, but with their duplicates as well. It's pretty convenient.

That's really cool! I'm rather surprised in a good way they added and fixed so many things after only one month from its release. 

12 minutes ago, Midori Mage said:

I'm guessing this is how all the Sharena fans are feeling right now.

Reveal hidden contents

9XvfMZP.png

Nah. Really, I was expecting it to be far more of a blowout than it was. It's only a 1 billion point differential, and Sharena is faring better than I expected for a Heroes-original character whose game came out about a month ago (and I think better than Alfonse, too?).

Plus I pulled a 5-Star Eirika from the Princesses pool, so I feel great.

28 minutes ago, Midori Mage said:

I'm guessing this is how all the Sharena fans are feeling right now.

Reveal hidden contents

9XvfMZP.png

Sharena's beating every single contestant other than Lucina, and we're only down 840 million points against the 2nd place finish in the all-series popularity poll. I'd say that's enough of a victory.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sharena's beating every single contestant other than Lucina, and we're only down 840 million points against the 2nd place finish in the all-series popularity poll. I'd say that's enough of a victory.

Seriously? We're still losing by less than 1 billion? Damn, that's awesome! Moral victory!

Why couldn't she end up against Leo or Eirika or something?

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Tried out another pull. Results were pretty mixed.

-Barst 4* (New) (+RES, -DEF)
Not good. Barst wants +ATK or +SPD far more.

-Roy 4* (+RES, -HP)

Blech. Pretty sure the Roy I already have is better.

-Serra 3* (New) (+SPD, -ATK)

Workable. It's not like she can do much damage with how weak Absorb is to begin with. -DEF would probably be a better bane, though.

-Subaki 4* (+SPD, -RES)

Appropriately enough, Subaki ends up with a perfect stat distribution. Resistance is already his worst stat. 38 Speed at 5* Level 40 is a pretty good benchmark, allowing him to both avoid being doubled by almost the entire cast and double characters he otherwise couldn't. The 31-33 speed range is pretty crowded, including: Clarine, +SPD Cordelia, Male Corrin, Elise, +SPD Eliwood, Jakob, Jeorge, Kagero, Merric, Odin, +SPD Ogma, Olivia, +SPD Olwen, Palla, Peri, +SPD Raigh, +SPD Raven, +SPD Male Robin, Roy, +SPD Sakura, Serra, Takumi, +SPD Young Tiki, +SPD VIrion. I'm pretty pleased with this one.

-Oboro  3* (New) (+HP, -RES)

Passable. +ATK or +SPD would probably be better, but Oboro doesn't particularly mind having less RES.

So, assuming you made it through that wall of text, I thought about boosts and banes for a little while, and I can't think of a single instance where -HP or -ATK would be good banes to have. Can anybody else think of something I've overlooked?

Edited by Elite Lord Sigma

17 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Indicates "This is where you get feathers in case you couldn't figure it out"? I'unno.

I thought they had followed my suggestion, and started giving out Feathers for individual Arena wins, but I suppose not.

@eclipse I have set Olwen as my first slot.

Edited by Rezzy

@Elite Lord Sigma

As for Boons and Banes, -HP is typically the favored Bane, alongside -RES. -ATT is typically considered the worst Bane, alongside -SPD.

However, there are situations where one wants to have HP (neutral or +HP) or suffer from -ATT. HP wise, HP benefits speedy characters the most as they are not typically doubled and only suffer "one strike." Thus, having extra HP is better than DEF or RES because HP counts as "both" in a sense. (The opposite is true for slower characters, they want either DEF or RES instead of HP since they are doubled and want to mitigate as much damage as possible if playing defensively.) Then, if the character is running a skill or passive that relies on HP (Defiant or Vengeance), then the extra HP can be helpful to proc the skill or make the skill deal more damage.

As for -ATT, the character will typically want to have a high enough ATT in the first place but is used more for defensive or support play instead of offense. A prime example of this is +SPD, -ATT Ryoma. The extra SPD makes Ryoma extremely difficult to double while he doubles most enemies, and since his bane is -ATT, his defenses (HP, DEF, RES) is left untouched so he can tank. Another alternative is any healer, since player Healers deal such low damage it is far more preferable to lose out on -ATT and keep their survivability up to keep their utility. (The computer and AI likes their "super Healers" that deal absurd amounts of damage, but normal player healers typically do not go that high unless they are overleveled.)

Then there are some curveballs where Boons & Banes do not follow the normal +3/-3 system and instead go +4/-4. It is up to the player to research this and decide if that extra stat point is worth the Boon/Bane or not.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Sire said:

Another alternative is any healer, since player Healers deal such low damage it is far more preferable to lose out on -ATT and keep their survivability up to keep their utility.

One thing of particular note is that damage from a staff is halved after subtracting enemy Def, meaning the effects of the +Atk and -Atk modifiers are also effectively halved.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

One thing of particular note is that damage from a staff is halved after subtracting enemy Def, meaning the effects of the +Atk and -Atk modifiers are also effectively halved.

Yeah, and the Staves are there more for the debuffs than raw damage, anyway.

Have you been experiencing such an influx of blue mages in the arena recently as well? Maybe it's just me, but every single match I did since Friday contained Linde/Olwen/Reinhardt or a combination thereof. It's not necessarily a bad thing since my Julia eats those for breakfast, but still... kind of weird.

Anyways, I just did another pull and got even more Takumis, so I wanted to ask about some opinions on which to keep and which to merge. It basically boils down to +Att/-HP versus +Spd/-Res, and I tend to lean towards the latter one. +Att might be nice for OHKOing standard Linde, but does it really do anything else noteworthy? +Spd on the other side probably doesn't give me many new offensive options, but helps defensively against sword lords with speed boons themselves or against Tharja, who my team tends to struggle against a little. I also use Eirika for potential further buffing, so I could bump his speed up to 40 occassionally, which sounds pretty neat imo.

6 minutes ago, Sias said:

Have you been experiencing such an influx of blue mages in the arena recently as well? Maybe it's just me, but every single match I did since Friday contained Linde/Olwen/Reinhardt or a combination thereof. It's not necessarily a bad thing since my Julia eats those for breakfast, but still... kind of weird.

Anyways, I just did another pull and got even more Takumis, so I wanted to ask about some opinions on which to keep and which to merge. It basically boils down to +Att/-HP versus +Spd/-Res, and I tend to lean towards the latter one. +Att might be nice for OHKOing standard Linde, but does it really do anything else noteworthy? +Spd on the other side probably doesn't give me many new offensive options, but helps defensively against sword lords with speed boons themselves or against Tharja, who my team tends to struggle against a little. I also use Eirika for potential further buffing, so I could bump his speed up to 40 occassionally, which sounds pretty neat imo.

Olwen and Reinhardt are bonus characters, now, so lots of people have added them to their team for the Bonus.  Linde is top tier, so I've seen lots of her since launch.

35 minutes ago, Sias said:

Lmao I have the same exact 2 Takumis you pulled holy shit

Anyway i like running the +Spd version more, I think it doubles some SmallTikis, Neutral Robin (dents him hard enough if you let him initiate on you, then you can finish), and with a attack and speed boost from Eirika--I run Olivia+Ryoma but same effect here--he will double and oneround any neutral speed and slower versions of himself. 50Atk/40Spd is hella nice.

Although +Spd Takumi is the one I trained first so I might just be more attached to that one.