Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, but I seriously doubt that.

I think I'll go get Donnel. I've had a hard time beating him, as he seems fairly tanky. And I like him too.

Donny's not a very good unit on paper. I hope he works out well for you though!

18 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

So my thoughts on the focus. Blazing Blade is awesome and I'm happy about it. Onto the characters:

1. Ninian seems already broken, looks to have decent atk and spd, provides def buff upon attacking and dance utility. Fortify Dragon makes me think there will be a dragon quest in the future.

2. Karel looks pretty good due to Wo Dao, Defiant Atk and Desperation. He's basically Lyn without Galeforce but with better Desperation. I still prefer Lyn's help with Spur Spd but would totally want to pull Karel. At low hp he'll be deadly.

3. Lucius, kinda a shame he isn't a mage but oh well, at least he's in the game. The combo of Pain, Martyr, Miracle and Hp+ look pretty good. Apparently he has high spd and res, avoiding frequent doubles and would be useful at tanking manaketes and strong mages. I don't agree with the common conception that rehabilitate is automatically superior than martyr as they work the same under different conditions, and it doesn't strictly require the martyr user to face combat/dmg, as there are skills like Reciprocal Aid that exchange hp with the target, meaning you can auto heal your RA user and giving low HP to martyr user. I've done this trick with Setsuna and Azama and it does wonders. Also, Lucius's utility looks good with pain, he doesn't strictly need high atk to be useful. Instead I think a +HP -Atk is the ideal nature for him, followed by positive defenses.

4. Priscilla is basically sakura 2.0 but with Rehabilitate plus extra move. Nice stuff with Spur Def and Still-Water Balm to enhance defenses. Plus panic utility is welcome on enemies with defiants and hone/fortify stats.

5. Rebecca with Darting Blow seems pretty nice, but it's a shame she's stuck with Silver Bow. Seal Atk is pretty good to cripple enemies. Not bad.

6. Jaffar looks deadly, with a dancer he can proc glimmer at first turn with enemies he can double. I want to pull him so badly, dayum.

Did 2 sessions and got zero new units, just selena, saizo and laslow for new units. Might train him for fun and giggles.

Calling right now that next new focus will bring Sumia, Vaike, Miriel, Maribelle, Ricken and Libra, cuz we need more healers!

1 *same

2 His bulk looks a bit better than Lyns so he should avoid stupid red OHKOs and be in Desperation range for a lot of opportunities.

3 Running Setsuna/Azama isn't gonna score you many wins though. He's sub par and it's sad :(

4 Spur Def is super nice to have on a healer, since they're most likely backing up physical units, and Rehabilitate is gr8mazing best healing spell ever

5 Mehbecca. 34 speed is nice but 42 attack is like, what everyone has if they're an archer. heck, Klein runs that with a Brave bow. Dartign Blow giving her around 40 speed is nothing impressive but at least she has utility with Ardent. I dunno, I don't see her working out all that well since even with doubling, she doesn't pack much of a punch

d54126e1ed.png

6 The first colorless unit I kinda want...Orbs :(((((

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I could always use more units I'm fine with using right now. I don't really have a lot.

Oh, my bad then. Just wanted to give out a friendly warning in case it wasn't mentioned.

That's fine, I understand.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

1 *same

2 His bulk looks a bit better than Lyns so he should avoid stupid red OHKOs and be in Desperation range for a lot of opportunities.

3 Running Setsuna/Azama isn't gonna score you many wins though. He's sub par and it's sad :(

4 Spur Def is super nice to have on a healer, since they're most likely backing up physical units, and Rehabilitate is gr8mazing best healing spell ever

5 Mehbecca. 34 speed is nice but 42 attack is like, what everyone has if they're an archer. heck, Klein runs that with a Brave bow. Dartign Blow giving her around 40 speed is nothing impressive but at least she has utility with Ardent. I dunno, I don't see her working out all that well since even with doubling, she doesn't pack much of a punch

d54126e1ed.png

40 speed is absolutely ridonkeylous. But you said it right "meh-becca". Thank you for cutting out the soul-sucking eyes.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

40 speed is absolutely ridonkeylous. But you said it right "meh-becca". Thank you for cutting out the soul-sucking eyes.

40 speed is ridonculous, but let's put it into perspective. With 42 Mt, she's not OHKO'ing anybody and takes a hefty hit back. I mean, 34 spd is safe on EP from most threats but considering that although she'll 2HKO some foes, she'll take a hit back, I'm not sure she's all that cracked up. 160 Rating isn't stellar for arena usage either.

I'll run some numbers though, but for example, she does double and ORKO like 6 units (Hana, Peri, Azura, and most fliers) so she's a strong Anti-Flier because most don't creep up past 35 speed, but still. IDK I just can't justify her as higher than a niche counter

@Vaximillian you monster!

58 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Karel seems a bit better. I have Lyn, and she's my baby girl and all that but she's a bit of a wiff. Her resistance is absolutely absurd though (for a sword user of course). Not sure about karels stats but his skills are way more retarded than Lyn's. 

59 minutes ago, Elieson said:

They'll have their trade-offs. Sol Katti is an incredible weapon but Karel's got better skills aside from his weapon. Dno his stats though :(

56 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Too soon to tell without knowing stats, but looking at skills alone he seems to have promise. His kit is actually an incredibly cohesive one, with all the skills playing off of each other. From what I can tell, once you get him down to below 50% HP he'll just go around ORKOing everyone (but again, this depends heavily on stats, which we don't know yet). 

https://feheroeswiki/Karel

(Yeah I'm still not used to SF's new format, so apologies if the quotes are kind of messed up.)

I used the wiki to look at his stats. I'm not sure if this is right but for most other things that I've used it for, it seems pretty reliable. Karel's stats appear nearly identical to Lyn's, other than her higher Res and his higher HP, which gave me the idea of comparing the two. Based on these stats, who do you think will be better out of the two?

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Don't forget the bungee rope!

Oh, I ain't bungee jumping this time. It's the only way I can unsee those death lasers.

Also, in response to the thing with the cavalry units. Due to the abundance of red units in arena, I suggest you go with someone else blue or, someone more resistant. So to me it's between Periwinkle and Jagen.

Edited by Arcanite

2 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

https://feheroeswiki/Karel

(Yeah I'm still not used to SF's new format, so apologies if the quotes are kind of messed up.)

I used the wiki to look at his stats. I'm not sure if this is right but for most other things that I've used it for, it seems pretty reliable. Karel's stats appear nearly identical to Lyn's, other than her higher Res and his higher HP, which gave me the idea of comparing the two. Based on these stats, who do you think will be better out of the two?

Karel is looking quite similar to both Lyn and Ryoma, actually. And, between them, I'm liking Karel's kit a little bit more (but I also think Lyn's better than Rajinto guy, so there's that...). 
My only worry is that Karels kit is so clone-knit that I don't think he's gonna benefit that much from the incoming skill inheritance, but he is indeed looking very solid right now.

Waiting for the fanart to pop up depicting Rebecca as demonic with those eyes. Honestly, when you zoom in on her face, it's actually fine but when you look at it as a whole, it's scary again. I don't know why that's the case. Take a look here...

C63a8OFVsAAaGmg.jpg:large

Like I said, looks normal to me. Compared to...

C63L88FVsAEoSBq.jpg:large

She looks weird again. As for her standing pose, I have no explanation.

Edited by Falcom

@Anacybele > Since she's in the units to bring to double score, I make a team around Sully... and man, the reds are just nuts against her.

And yeah, there so many reds... But that's thanks to it I success to do 7 wins in a row. But not without difficulties... I have to do it three times. And the second time I lost, was because of a really bad position start and a Jagen that I didn't know he was high in res. Nino did nothing to him. And my Stahl was going nuts because of a blue unit and the positioning.

Oh yeah, I had my first Kagero vs Kagero too, in the arena. So, two breakers who works... make the units hit only one time. Now I know how it works XD (Edit : Or maybe they just cancelled each other ?)

Edited by Ledrert

1 hour ago, Ledrert said:

@Anacybele > Since she's in the units to bring to double score, I make a team around Sully... and man, the reds are just nuts against her.

And yeah, there so many reds... But that's thanks to it I success to do 7 wins in a row. But not without difficulties... I have to do it three times. And the second time I lost, was because of a really bad position start and a Jagen that I didn't know he was high in res. Nino did nothing to him. And my Stahl was going nuts because of a blue unit and the positioning.

I have Sully, but the problem is, her def is so awful. She has 7 def at lv. 16. 4 star.

2 hours ago, Elieson said:

1 *same

d54126e1ed.png

2. Actually looking into his stats, Lyn beats him in everything except HP so not that sexy to me. Not bad, though but his low defenses will make him run into trouble.

3. Well yeah, healers aren't good in arena but that doesn't mean they're terrible because the game isn't Fire Emblem Arena. at least he can bait non +spd Takumis to make him feel DA PAIN

5. Lol poor Becca

I literally jumped a little in my seat when I first saw Rebecca's art (during the Paralogue). Does somebody approve the artwork or is it just automatically put in the game after being commissioned? I don't know which would be worse.

Regarding Karel's comparisons...

Name	HP	ATT	SPD	DEF	RES	Total
Karel	47	43	35	25	20	170
Lyn	37	44	37	26	29	173
Ryoma	41	50	35	27	21	174

Above is information from the "Max Stat Chart," provided Karel's stats are accurate.

Honestly, even though Karel has 3 less points than Lyn, I would rather field Karel than Lyn. The reason for this is his high HP. HP matters far more on speedy units as they tend not to be doubled (save for by brave users), and HP can technically count as "both DEF and RES." // Now, Lyn's DEF & RES equals Karel's HP difference (+ 10 DEF & RES for Lyn vs +10 HP for Karel), but the higher HP helps Karel stay alive longer and makes Reprisal more deadly. If we removed the Weapon differences, (Karels +13 vs Lyn's +16), then both characters would have the same total base stats.

As for Ryoma, I just threw him in there because I saw him mentioned. Lobster Lord is Best Lord.

21 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

2. Actually looking into his stats, Lyn beats him in everything except HP so not that sexy to me. Not bad, though but his low defenses will make him run into trouble.

2 minutes ago, Sire said:

Regarding Karel's comparisons...

Name	HP	ATT	SPD	DEF	RES	Total
Karel	47	43	35	25	20	170
Lyn	37	44	37	26	29	173
Ryoma	41	50	35	27	21	174

Above is information from the "Max Stat Chart," provided Karel's stats are accurate.

Honestly, even though Karel has 3 less points than Lyn, I would rather field Karel than Lyn. The reason for this is his high HP. HP matters far more on speedy units as they tend not to be doubled (save for by brave users), and HP can technically count as "both DEF and RES." // Now, Lyn's DEF & RES equals Karel's HP difference (+ 10 DEF & RES for Lyn vs +10 HP for Karel), but the higher HP helps Karel stay alive longer and makes Reprisal more deadly. If we removed the Weapon differences, (Karels +13 vs Lyn's +16), then both characters would have the same total base stats.

As for Ryoma, I just threw him in there because I saw him mentioned. Lobster Lord is Best Lord.

suck it quinty! HP > DefRes!

Didn't notice that Lyn's BST was greater though!

Ryoma is still porcupine lord to me because the hair. I won't ever get why people say he looks more like a lobster. I mean, I see some lobster resemblance, but not as much as porcupine because again, that hair. xP

I wish I could pull Ryoma. He needs a focus, man.

On another note, my Donnel is 3 star now, but I'll leave him at that for the time being.

Edited by Anacybele

25 minutes ago, Fly_or_Die said:

I literally jumped a little in my seat when I first saw Rebecca's art (during the Paralogue). Does somebody approve the artwork or is it just automatically put in the game after being commissioned? I don't know which would be worse.

Hahaha! I knew I wasn't the only one! I mean, I like the rest of her art, but the one where she's just looking at you... It's just creepy.
So do you think she'll drop into the 3-star pullables? Because I still wanna pull her at some point, and my odds of doing so during this focus aren't great (gonna pull until I get Ninian, then wait for the focus to end, since I want nothing in the next GHB focus).

@Sire Now I'm hoping Karel drops to 3/4-star once this focus ends. I'm never gonna get him as a 5-Star (except maybe during this focus, but I'm not gonna go looking for him now, I have enough swordies), but when Ike drops I want to see a Karel or two among the 3-star Lon'qus, Laslows and Raighs that I will pull looking for him.

Preferably more than one, I wanna give Wo Daos to other people (related: I really hope the Wo Dao isn't locked to Karel. I wanna give it to Fir, at the very least.).

@Anacybele Ryoma'll get a focus some day, when a Great Hero Battle he's effective in comes along. Probably not for a while, but still. It's gotta happen eventually.

@NoirCore Rebecca isn't, but I forget who else does. I wanna say Gunter and Ogma, but I've forgotten if there are any others...

Edited by ILikeKirbys