Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, ILikeKirbys said:

Haha, I wouldn't plan on Sanaki 1v1ing a Blue either, but it's gonna happen sooner or later, and I would like her to have something approaching a fighting chance when that happens.

And for your fourth slot, maybe try Ninian (if you can pull her)? She's a dancer, so she'll be really useful for that alone, but she's also a magic unit (dragon), and she can buff adjacent allies when she attacks and she can teleport next to your other units when her HP gets low, so she could be what you need.

And I wanna put it on Jaffar. I doubt we'll be able to do that (gotta keep dancers unique), but I really want to.

I do want Ninian, but all I've been pulling are Est.

Seriously, I got 3 Est in a row from blue orbs...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, ILikeKirbys said:

And I wanna put it on Jaffar. I doubt we'll be able to do that (gotta keep dancers unique), but I really want to.

Would be awesome though. At least Lucina and Olivia are both red sword units so unless they stop Dance from being transfered it should be fine...  can't wait to see what people will come up with!

1 minute ago, Chelone said:

Would be awesome though. At least Lucina and Olivia are both red sword units so unless they stop Dance from being transfered it should be fine...  can't wait to see what people will come up with!

Neither can I!

Except for the sea of Vantage Takumis... Not looking forward to seeing that.

It sounds to me like using Lucina as a dancer is kind of a waste, especially since that makes she won't be able to receive the Dance or Song from another unit. She has such good offensive potential that relegating her to a support unit doesn't seem to be the best use for her.

Dance on Eirika would be pretty good since she's alaready a more support oriented unit, but I seriously doubt we'll be able to transfer the Dance skills.

Just now, LuxSpes said:

It sounds to me like using Lucina as a dancer is kind of a waste, especially since that makes she won't be able to receive the Dance or Song from another unit. She has such good offensive potential that relegating her to a support unit doesn't seem to be the best use for her.

Dance on Eirika would be pretty good since she's alaready a more support oriented unit, but I seriously doubt we'll be able to transfer the Dance skills.

Do we know for sure if non-dancers can get dance? Stop assuming and getting your hopes up before your heart gets crushed! ;-;

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

With the exception of the slower charge time, Dragon Fang is going to be better than Moonbow or Luna.

Even comparing Draconic Aura (increase damage by 0.3x Atk, 3 cooldown) with Luna (-50% Def/Res, 3 cooldown), Draconic Aura is going to be better. On a neutral Sanaki with Raudhrraven+ with no buffs (50 Atk), Draconic Aura is a flat +15 damage (unaffected by effective damage and weapon triangle), which means you need to be attacking an opponent with at least 30 Res for Luna to deal more damage. Having a +Atk nature and possible buffs only makes that gap wider.

And actually, Iceberg (assuming she can get it) (increase damage by 0.5x Res, 3 cooldown) will hit slightly harder on a neutral Sanaki (34 Res) at +17 damage (again, unaffected by effective damage and weapon triangle).

If the healer has Kindled-Fire Balm, they are B-tier. Otherwise, they are C-tier. Healers are typically inferior to purely offensive units in the short confrontations that occur in arena matches, and staves have very little offensive power.

In extended confrontations, such as some of the maps against 5 or 6 units or the upcoming defense mission type, healers are more valuable.

Note that the tier list is specifically for arena use so only a character's merit in an arena team is taken into consideration.

Hey now, Swift-Winds Balm can make a functionally B- tier unit. 

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Do we know for sure if non-dancers can get dance? Stop assuming and getting your hopes up before your heart gets crushed! ;-;

This is half of the reason why I'm not really responding to most inquiries about Inheritance, since so little is known outside of how SP costs will work and that PRF/Unique weapons are limitted to their source.

Oh how fun Wrys with a Hammer would be, or a Brave Bow even!

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Neither can I!

Except for the sea of Vantage Takumis... Not looking forward to seeing that.

If my idea of giving Sanaki Raudrraven works, I'll laugh at the face of Vantage Takumis and Hectors.

Just now, Arcanite said:

I personally think that the Dance skills won't be inheritable. And the part about Eirika was an 'on the moment' thought. I don't expect to be able to do it and was more using her as an example of a better alternative to Lucina, as far as potential dancer goes, if it's not a restricted skill.

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Oh how fun Wrys with a Hammer would be, or a Brave Bow even!

Wrys with a falchion.

Serra with a sapphire lance

Priscilla with a poison dagger

The list goes on . . . . 

Edited by Arcanite

Wrys with a falchion.

Serra with a sapphire lance

Priscilla with a poison dagger

The list goes on . . . . 

if Wrys could Dance, i'd just hand Nintendo my wallet for gratitude

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

if Wrys could Dance, i'd just hand Nintendo my wallet for gratitude

Anyone can dance,

If wyrs could sing, I'm bungee jumping off a cliff

I always assumed due for implementation reasons and may be even balance reasons that you can only inherit skill that belongs the same colour group. I mean it makes most sense at least. Although I haven't really looking into that much when it comes to skill inheritance so I can be totally wrong.

Speaking of healers, I find it funny that the devs decided to nerf their offense so much. The introduction of Defense and Reinforcement maps may change this, but at the moment, healers aren't all that useful, especially in the Arena and dancers are much more useful. But it's the healers that have their damage halved while Azura can be a terror against reds thanks to her Sapphire Lance. 

Also one thing I just realized, kagero''s attack is pretty nice especially if she's +atk. When you inherit skills, you get the whole tree, but does that mean with weapons too? If I can 5 star my Kagero and give her Felicias silver dagger, a +atk kagero has around 50 atk, AND she debuffs.

16 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

I always assumed due for implementation reasons and may be even balance reasons that you can only inherit skill that belongs the same colour group. I mean it makes most sense at least. Although I haven't really looking into that much when it comes to skill inheritance so I can be totally wrong.

My assumption is you can only inherit weapons from the same weapon type (axe cannot inherit green tome, for example) with the exception of breath weapons (considering all dragons have the same Fire Breath and Fire Breath+ weapons) which may or may not be transferred between colors.

We'll know in a few hours anyways. No need to worry about it now.

EDIT:

Also one thing I just realized, kagero''s attack is pretty nice especially if she's +atk. When you inherit skills, you get the whole tree, but does that mean with weapons too? If I can 5 star my Kagero and give her Felicias silver dagger, a +atk kagero has around 50 atk, AND she debuffs.

According to the datamined text files, it looks like each individual skill in the tree counts towards the 3-skill limit per sacrifice. That said, there's nothing indicating that an unlearned skill cannot be transferred, so it's still probable that you can transfer locked 5-star skills from a 4-star character to someone else eligible to learn it.

It also looks like skill prerequisites will be enforced. For example, transferring Emerald Axe will probably require that the recipient already have Steel Axe in their skill list, Aether will require either Sol or Luna, etc.

Probably the way they'll prevent you from transferring weapons of the wrong type is by making the "Iron"-tier weapon unable to be transferred.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If you already have Lyn, I personally wouldn't bother with Alfonse (unless you just like him, of course), but Anna and Sharena are pretty solid. Sharena, especially, is worth taking all the way to 5* imo as she becomes one of the best lancers in the game. 

You don't strictly need a colorless unit, but if you really wanted one, Jakob's pretty decent. I don't have him though, so you should probably get input from someone else that does. 

EDIT: Do you have any mages? All of the units you listed seem to be physical, and I think adding in a unit that deals magic damage would help diversify your team more than adding a colorless unit. 

Sure! I have Leo and Linde! Also a 4 star Robin. Is just that I would like to have a main character for every weapon/class/color possible, in case future quest or battles need diversity, since... Welp, my main team right now are Takumi, Oboro, Lyn and Leo/Linde, I'm lacking a green unit too.

Then, I will give Anna and Sharena a priority, Alfonse is just because I don't want "to make him feel abandoned". The 3 of them are already a 3 stars units.

PS: I would give my money to Nintendo for a Oboro with Fujin and counter just for the lulz... Or for Innes, I need Innes haha

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

EDIT:

According to the datamined text files, it looks like each individual skill in the tree counts towards the 3-skill limit per sacrifice. That said, there's nothing indicating that an unlearned skill cannot be transferred, so it's still probable that you can transfer locked 5-star skills from a 4-star character to someone else eligible to learn it.

It also looks like skill prerequisites will be enforced. For example, transferring Emerald Axe will probably require that the recipient already have Steel Axe in their skill list, Aether will require either Sol or Luna, etc.

Probably the way they'll prevent you from transferring weapons of the wrong type is by making the "Iron"-tier weapon unable to be transferred.

This makes the possibility of getting Raudrraven+ on Sanaki less likely since she's a Fire red mage and not a dark red mage, so I'd need to transfer Flux, Ruin and regular Raudraven before I get Raudraven+ (though if the limit of 3 skills is not 'only 3 inherited skills total' and instead 'you can only inherit 3 skills at once', I may be able to use a Sophia to give Sanaki Flux and Ruin and then get the two Raudrraven from Henry).

I guess I'll just have to wait and see. 

Just now, LuxSpes said:

This makes the possibility of getting Raudrraven+ on Sanaki less likely since she's a Fire red mage and not a dark red mage, so I'd need to transfer Flux, Ruin and regular Raudraven before I get Raudraven+ (though if the limit of 3 skills is not 'only 3 inherited skills total' and instead 'you can only inherit 3 skills at once', I may be able to use a Sophia to give Sanaki Flux and Ruin and then get the two Raudrraven from Henry).

I guess I'll just have to wait and see. 

Raudhrraven probably requires either Ruin or Elfire to learn.

The limit is "3 skills with one sacrifice". No word on the maximum number of skills total.

45 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Mines a -spd anyway, might as well use dance to give another unit a extra chance. Might be other units that might be better for dance though.... IF it's possible at least.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It looks like it's just a few more hours until the vantage race begins. Has everyone readied their bodies?

My butt is not ready. I have a 3* Lon'qu that I got ages ago but no idea as to where to slap it, since my only 1~2 units are Manaketes (A!Tiki and Nowi) and BOY i want to save it for someone else

If you haven't trained up your skill fodder, now would be a good time to do it. Already have dragon fang on corrin and sophia, brash assault on bartre, swordbreaker on sully and currently working on getting threaten spd 3 on Selena.

I don't think I'm gonna be utilizing skill inheritance too much. Personally, I like leaving the characters the way they are, but if it's too annoying to use them (for example, Roy with Triangle Adept), I will consider. Besides, I don't think I can come up with any cruel skill combos compared to you guys.

2 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Besides, I don't think I can come up with any cruel skill combos compared to you guys.

Your mind is still pure. If you take a picture of your units I can take care of that for you

*rubs hands together*

I actually did the lunatic armor mission, holy jeez.

And afterward the game took forever to give me the reward for doing it. I guess even the game had trouble imagining anyone bothered to do that mission.