Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

There is plenty already. We don't need any more.

I beg to differ greatly. We at least need that arena rework and more Tellius, Magvel, and Jugdral characters.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I beg to differ greatly. We at least need that arena rework and more Tellius, Magvel, and Jugdral characters.

I interpreted that as "there's plenty of negativity already, so let's not add more" as opposed to talking about features.

It's true that there's plenty that still need to be added, but I'm happy with what we have so far. We got confirmation that an arena rework is in the works, and more Tellius, Magvel, and Jugdral is bound to happen eventually. I get being frustrated over not seeing the things we want being implemented or the characters we want being added yet, but I think overall IS is paying more attention to player feedback than most other game developers. The game is still new, and I want to believe that it'll only improve from here if we give it time. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I interpreted that as "there's plenty of negativity already, so let's not add more" as opposed to talking about features.

It's true that there's plenty that still need to be added, but I'm happy with what we have so far. We got confirmation that an arena rework is in the works, and more Tellius, Magvel, and Jugdral is bound to happen eventually. I get being frustrated over not seeing the things we want being implemented or the characters we want being added yet, but I think overall IS is paying more attention to player feedback than most other game developers. The game is still new, and I want to believe that it'll only improve from here if we give it time. 

Glad they're taking the approach to slowly introduce more and more content instead of dropping everything within the first 6-12 months. That approach is pretty much the same one that killed Smash and Splatoon so I like this change of pace.

I'm more or less expecting Heroes to last us through 2018 or so, when the new FE on Switch comes out. Given that time frame, the rate they're releasing content is fine by me. I'd love to have Ike in the game as much as anybody, but a collection of pixels stops being "omg amazing" within the first few days. Keep that hype up!

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh, my bad for misunderstanding then. (Sorry, SOC) Anyway, yeah, I agree, IS does seem to be paying more attention to player feedback than some others do. Niantic could learn a thing or two from them for sure. They don't seem to be listening to Pokemon GO players much.

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Eh it won't take that long. Someone once told me "Ya try hard enough . . . . . ."

In case you didn't know:

50 Stamina max

Refreshes everyday at night, so sleep with 0 stamina ALWAYS

Wake up early

Use 50 stamina in 10-25 minutes on stratum 9 (that'll give you 3 sp per kill if all the enemies are level 40)

50 stamina refreshes in about 4 hours

Stay awake for 12 hours at least gives you more than enough stamina for a hippopotamus butt ton of SP.

Rinse repeat for a day or 2 then we livin'

Better idea:

Yo, here's what I'm doing.

Ninian is at level 25.

She's a dancer. She's always there for leveling lower level units.

If none of the trainees can kill it, I give it to her. She gets 3 sp if within 5 levels. A level 20 sword armor gave her 2 dmg and like 3 exp from the 300 she has left to level 26. And she got 3 sp.

All of the SP, and all of the stalling.

It's better than maxing her out to level 40 then grinding.

If anything, I can get level 40 units that can buff her and autopilot the level for her SP.

I cannot autopilot against level 35 opponents. If an axe armor gets in her face with a brave axe, she's dead.

Also, less stamina.

Edited by shadowofchaos

@shadowofchaos

Quick question since you've done it before, would I get a five star now? (I think Heroes broke me in more ways than one)
Sacrifice.JPG.a59db0fb8ae7fbbf255b27de65aa6476.JPG

43 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Better idea:

Yo, here's what I'm doing.

Ninian is at level 25.

She's a dancer. She's always there for leveling lower level units.

If none of the trainees can kill it, I give it to her. She gets 3 sp if within 5 levels. A level 20 sword armor gave her 2 dmg and like 3 exp from the 300 she has left to level 26. And she got 3 sp.

All of the SP, and all of the stalling.

It's better than maxing her out to level 40 then grinding.

If anything, I can get level 40 units that can buff her and autopilot the level for her SP.

I cannot autopilot against level 35 opponents. If an axe armor gets in her face with a brave axe, she's dead.

Also, less stamina.

You are a genius, I guess my method worked before inheritance was a thing, when quick leveling was a higher priority.

34 minutes ago, Falcom said:

@shadowofchaos

Quick question since you've done it before, would I get a five star now? (I think Heroes broke me in more ways than one)

Good effort but it's not exactly for a specific character. If you're gonna do one of these you need to fill the pentagram with things pertaining to a particular character!

3 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

So, as a person that only recently got natural 5 stars... I've always had enough sp because I leveled my 3 star peeps up to 35 before upgrading them to 4 stars.

With inheritance and not as many levels for me to gain SP... do I just have to slog through +3 SP for every kill within 5 of Ninian's level?

Just make sure to spam the low level startums when your characters are low level. They'll get shit exp because they overlevel, but +3 SP per kill for the 1 stamina stratums is pretty great, especially considering you can just auto-battle.

Edited by DehNutCase

Decided to pull a summon session and got 3* Olivia, 4* Henry, 4* +Spd -Def Tharja, 3* Tiki and 3* Setsuna.

Going to feed Tiki to Nowi and give her Bonfire and Spur Res for Def buff and extra dmg, she's gonna RAEG

Will give Virion Setsuna's Assassin's Bow and Reciprocal Aid for further support and Ninja kill. Pretty good as Virion has decent bulk, average speed and decent atk, plus it refills his Astra gauge.

Regarding Henry, dunno who to feed it to, maybe Tharja or someone else that might need the Ignis and G Tomebreaker. Or just give it to Subaki and swap Res +3 for Defiant Def.

Will check who to give Olivia's Hone Atk.

= EDIT =

Kinda disappointed that each character can learn up to 3 skills from the source unit. Disappointed because I thought the unit learnt the skill line but oh well, I guess it's ok. So far my Nowi learnt Glowing Ember and Defiant Atk +2 replacing Def +3.

Edited by Quintessence

2 hours ago, Falcom said:

@shadowofchaos

Sorry buddy, Ephraim doesn't work with that. Tested it already.

Super excited about the skill-inheritance system. I already gave Nino Retribution so she can be even better at doing her best. I'm only using her to see if they gave her the "No mercy! No forgiveness" line, which would be pretty cool.  I'm hoping for an Olivia dupe so I can use Azura as my main dancer. This feature is fun. It allows for more unique strategies. It won't be fun when they release a vantage archer though

15 minutes ago, Finn1412 said:

Super excited about the skill-inheritance system. I already gave Nino Retribution so she can be even better at doing her best. I'm only using her to see if they gave her the "No mercy! No forgiveness" line, which would be pretty cool.  I'm hoping for an Olivia dupe so I can use Azura as my main dancer. This feature is fun. It allows for more unique strategies. It won't be fun when they release a vantage archer though

I mean even before skill inheritance there are already vantage archers (like Gordin). Vantage Takumi isn't nearly as terrifying as people are making him out to be. I'm not sure he can even damage Triangle Adept M!Robin lmao

13 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean even before skill inheritance there are already vantage archers (like Gordin). Vantage Takumi isn't nearly as terrifying as people are making him out to be. I'm not sure he can even damage Triangle Adept M!Robin lmao

Triangle adept only affects dmg not defense. So Takumi will still be able to do his pittance of damage against Robin

27 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Triangle adept only affects dmg not defense. So Takumi will still be able to do his pittance of damage against Robin

Or Bowbreaker M!Robin

Edited by TheTuckingFypo
Oops. Wrong topic...

11 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Gem weapons and triangle adept do affect defense IIRC. My level 32 Azura barely took under half of her HP in damage from the 50 Atk Sword Cav in the Ursula grand battle when she would have lost 2/3rd of her HP if the damage wasn't reduced further by Sapphire Lance. I also seem to remember that my Sanaki took minuscule amount of damage from green units. I'd need to actually test in game to confirm.

Edited by LuxSpes

9 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I was under the impression that Triangle Adept augmented the triangle both ways. You deal even more bonus damage to units you're strong against and receive even less damage from units you're strong against (and vice-versa for units you're weak against). 

I haven't personally done any calculations, so you may still be right. I'm pretty sure other people on this forum have already research this though and could shed some light, like @Ice Dragon

Triangle adept only affects your damage output, IIRC.

Also, duplicate Fred had to be tributed.

Since I had to do it for asthetic's sake and I already used my duplicate Katua/Catria for Luna on Linda/Linde.

19 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I was under the impression that Triangle Adept augmented the triangle both ways. You deal even more bonus damage to units you're strong against and receive even less damage from units you're strong against (and vice-versa for units you're weak against). 

I haven't personally done any calculations, so you may still be right. I'm pretty sure other people on this forum have already research this though and could shed some light, like @Ice Dragon

It affects the enemy's damage output as well. My gem weapon/triangle adept units like Roy take barely any damage from enemies they have triangle advantage against, but get destroyed when at a disadvantage.

It doesn't affect defense, rather, it applies the Attack buff/debuff to the enemy as well.

Edited by Korath88

I just did some testing in game and Triangle Adept and gem weapons definitely affect defense. 

My Azura faced a red unit and would have taken 2 damage if Sapphire Lance+ didn't affect defense and 0 if it and she took 0.

Meanwhile, my Sanaki faced a green axe user and would have taken 8 damage if Triangle Adept didn't affect defense and 2 if it did and she took 2 damage.

I have to say, Inheritance has really boosted my team. Just finished a full 7-streak playing only advanced games. Effie is unbelievably strong with Threaten Def, Klein, once upgraded properly, is as many say an instant "delete," button. 

However, does anyone know a good B slot skill for Minerva? I'm still in the market to make her better, as she is surely the weakest link on my team.

20 minutes ago, Effies_Home said:

I have to say, Inheritance has really boosted my team. Just finished a full 7-streak playing only advanced games. Effie is unbelievably strong with Threaten Def, Klein, once upgraded properly, is as many say an instant "delete," button. 

However, does anyone know a good B slot skill for Minerva? I'm still in the market to make her better, as she is surely the weakest link on my team.

Personally I think Renewal would be good for her as tankier units tend to benefit a lot from sustain. You could also give her either Threaten Def or Spd depending on which of the two would help you clinch kills you aren't getting or Atk if you'd rather her just stay alive longer. 

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Good effort but it's not exactly for a specific character. If you're gonna do one of these you need to fill the pentagram with things pertaining to a particular character!

Yeah. This was focused more towards 5 star characters in general (the name of the games and space indicating stars, gold cause that's the color of 5 stars, and the name of the band indicating the five stars. Apparently their band name is indeed Five). The Ephraim and cipher cards might not have been a good choice though. Normally, I would do this for a certain character, but at this point I'm desperate for any five star.

3 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Image edits on a computer don't work. We've had people try that.

Welp, there goes the dream. Doesn't mean that I ain't still trying!

1 hour ago, Finn1412 said:

Yeah, I was reconsidering the cipher cards plus the Ephraim meme and wanted to place something else instead. Any ideas?

Edited by Falcom

33 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Personally I think Renewal would be good for her as tankier units tend to benefit a lot from sustain. You could also give her either Threaten Def or Spd depending on which of the two would help you clinch kills you aren't getting or Atk if you'd rather her just stay alive longer. 

Who would I get Renewal from?

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The characters that learn it naturally are Fae, Jakob, and Lissa (who's in the free unit rotation).

You know, I wish I had Fae, but I literally have never gotten a dragon yet. But Lissa...I think mine is a 3*, but I have to check