Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I understood it the same way. It's not a real quiz about knowledge with exclusive prizes, it's more of a promotion event with rewards for everyone.

If I had a twitter I would do it but, I'm pretty sure everyone else has it handled.

Just made my post on pull topic. 

Do I have to jump off a cliff?

Do I escape by the skin of my teeth? 

Find out on the next episode of cliff jumpers Xtreme

Edited by Arcanite

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Not that I'm complaining, but they are being suspiciously generous with the orbs...Makes me think they are planning a huge event.

I just came in to this thread to ask if and when they'll release Valentian characters. Surely they want to cross-promote this, right? Nintendo attributed part of Sun & Moon's huge success to Pokémon GO.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

I just came in to this thread to ask if and when they'll release Valentian characters. Surely they want to cross-promote this, right? Nintendo attributed part of Sun & Moon's huge success to Pokémon GO.

When the switch was releasesd we got orbs and stuff so I'm pretty sure when that game comes out well get some goodies.

Edited by Arcanite

Just now, Arcanite said:

When the switch was releasesd we got orbs and stuff so I'm pretty sure when that game comes out well get some goodies.

Sure but what about the Valentian cast? Wouldn't the best way to promote it be to release Alm, Celica and maybe a few others?

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Sure but what about the Valentian cast? Wouldn't the best way to promote it be to release Alm, Celica and maybe a few others?

I imagine some of them will come around mid April to go with the SoV Japanese release.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

17 minutes ago, Thane said:

They haven't seemed to give any info more than a week away. We have no idea. As has been said, wait for the games to get closer to release.

11 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I imagine some of them will come around mid April to go with the SoV Japanese release.

New characters come once every two weeks, right? That should leave two opportunities for them to include Valentian characters, but they might just relegate it to the middle of April like you say. Exciting stuff.

14 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I want to believe that all the extra orbs are to prep us for a massive Tellius banner *crosses fingers*

That would be most welcome, although with Gaiden right around the corner, I expect that to be the next game-group to be added en masse.  Gaiden's only got like a couple dozen units though, and 3 of them are in-game already, so hopefully Tellius will be up next.

I find it odd that we have more Manaketes than Armors now, considering every game has at least 2-3 Armor units and Manaketes usually have 1 at most, if any, each game.  Oswin, Benny, and that one guy from Awakening would be nice additions to the roster, for all these Armor quests we keep getting.  It would be funny if they added Barth.  They could give him a Defense of like 50 and 0 Speed.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That would be most welcome, although with Gaiden right around the corner, I expect that to be the next game-group to be added en masse.  Gaiden's only got like a couple dozen units though, and 3 of them are in-game already, so hopefully Tellius will be up next.

I find it odd that we have more Manaketes than Armors now, considering every game has at least 2-3 Armor units and Manaketes usually have 1 at most, if any, each game.  Oswin, Benny, and that one guy from Awakening would be nice additions to the roster, for all these Armor quests we keep getting.  It would be funny if they added Barth.  They could give him a Defense of like 50 and 0 Speed.

Unfortunately, I don't know any Gaiden characters, having never played the game. I have high hopes for Shadows of Valentia though (already have it pre-ordered), so I'd be perfectly happy with a bunch of Gaiden characters.

Out of curiosity, who are the 3 already in-game?

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Unfortunately, I don't know any Gaiden characters, having never played the game. I have high hopes for Shadows of Valentia though (already have it pre-ordered), so I'd be perfectly happy with a bunch of Gaiden characters.

Out of curiosity, who are the 3 already in-game?

The Whitewings: Palla, Catria, and Est are in Gaiden.

There's also a spoiler character that is also in Gaiden and Heroes right now.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The Whitewings: Palla, Catria, and Est are in Gaiden.

There's also a spoiler character that is also in Gaiden and Heroes right now.

Oh wow, I always thought the Whitewings were from Marth's games (but then, I haven't played those, so I wouldn't actually know). 

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh wow, I always thought the Whitewings were from Marth's games (but then, I haven't played those, so I wouldn't actually know). 

They are, they just happen to also appear in Gaiden (which is set in the same world as Archanea).

I expect a big (Tellius or otherwise) banner coming in April, and then a Gaiden one to coincide with the launch date of SoV. I hope they're as generous with the free orbs moving forward as they are now!

Just now, Fly_or_Die said:

They are, they just happen to also appear in Gaiden (which is set in the same world as Archanea).

I expect a big (Tellius or otherwise) banner coming in April, and then a Gaiden one to coincide with the launch date of SoV. I hope they're as generous with the free orbs moving forward as they are now!

Oh I see that makes much more sense. I had no idea Gaiden was set in the same world and just imagined it to be its own separate world like Sacred Stones. Thanks for clearing that up!

I think the Gaiden banner has more chance to happen in late April than in May since Echoes releases on April 20th in Japan and then worldwide on May 19th. So we may have several weeks of Gaiden themed banners between the Japan and worldwide launch. 

40 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I guess it's a matter of the dragons all being high-profile enough to include, especially in the early rounds, while most of the armors aren't. At least it'll even out by the time Zephiel gets released, unless we get more dragons before that. Whenever we get more Jugdral characters, I'm hoping we get Xavier and/or Hannibal for their notoriety. It'd also be really neat if we could get some Barons from the Jugdral games like Leptor as mage armors (and maybe Old Arvis, since his Emperor class is armored) but that might not be too likely.

Edited by Othin

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

I guess it's a matter of the dragons all being high-profile enough to include, especially in the early rounds, while most of the armors aren't.

Ever noticed how almost all armor units have a _____ armor skill? Perhaps they anticipated that armored units wouldn't be so good (they're pretty meh to be honest but really only Ef-word and hector are "includable"), so they gave them those skills to make them slightly better. Off the top of my head I think the only (worthwhile) manatees left are Myrrh, Nah, and bantu. There is a couple more than that but there are way more armored units in all the games than manatees. Here's for hoping armored team will get more variety!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Ever noticed how almost all armor units have a _____ armor skill? Perhaps they anticipated that armored units wouldn't be so good (they're pretty meh to be honest but really only Ef-word and hector are "includable"), so they gave them those skills to make them slightly better. Off the top of my head I think the only (worthwhile) manatees left are Myrrh, Nah, and bantu. There is a couple more than that but there are way more armored units in all the games than manatees. Here's for hoping armored team will get more variety!

When they add Tellius, the Goldoan laguz will likely also be placed in the same category as the dragons we have right now, so there are a lot more left than the ones you mentioned. 

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

There's also Nils if Ninian's anything to go by, Kana, and Nagi.  And the aforementioned Goldoans.

And a good chunk of bosses, like Idoun.  

...I'd really like to get Idoun, please IS?

Edited by Glaceon Mage

My guess is that we'll get at least Myrrh and Kurthnaga as additional dragons. They seem to be avoiding most of the children units, with Lucina as an understandable exception because of her importance, presence, popularity, and being the only one with a fixed appearance. (Seliph and Julia are also technically "children units", but FE4's children system is quite different from the one in FE13/14, so I don't think the same restrictions would apply even if not for them being as important in their game as Lucina is in hers.)

28 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

And a good chunk of bosses, like Idoun.

...I'd really like to get Iduon, please IS?

There are no guy-manatees right now so maybe it's a possibility if Bantu doesn't make it. I personally don't like using bosses but, if it means getting more dragons, bring it on. 

Considering Nintendo subverted my expectations on a 3rd "Sibling" banner, I am doing to guess Banners are rolled out in with themed pairings per month. This does not count the "Bonus Banners," such as the Princes & Princesses banners as well as the "Battling (X)" banners.

If I were to condense down many words of text, I want to say they will either continue Elibe with Binding Blade ("Binding Shadows," anyone?) or use Sacred Stones as a transition to the upcoming Shadows of Valentia release since both titles have a lot in common. I do not see Tellius or Gaiden in the next focus, but IS may surprise me again. For the longer version, it's in the spoiler.

Spoiler

1. Release - Legendary Heroes, Deep Devotion (represents "popular" characters from IS' perspective).
2. Siblings - Family Bonds, Sibling Bonds
3. Game Themed - Blazing Shadows (Blazing Sword*), ???

B. Voting Gauntlet - Princes, Princesses
B. Grand Hero Battle - Battling Robin, Battling Ursula
Granted, it is much more difficult to determine what comes next since we only have one sample to work off of (meaning nothing at all), but for some wild guesses...

- Shadow Dragon, New Mystery (Well known titles and a decent roster [23] but that didn't stop Blazing Shadows from adding more to Elibe. [14 FE6, 10->16 FE7]
- Genealogy, Thracia 776 (JPN Only titles, but their current roster in Heroes is quite small [4 & 2 respectively])
- Elibe Focus (It is entirely possible they will will put more characters from Binding Blade. "Binding Shadows," anyone?)
- Sacred Stones (Currently, we just have Erika and Ephraim. If we want to go with the Shadows theme, Sacred Stones can act as the perfect transition to a possible Gaiden expansion in April. It has monsters and everything! I may have Sacred Stones bias.)
- Tellius (I would love to see Tellius as much as anybody else, but the diverse size of the series works far too well for an expansion for Heroes. I can see Tellius serving as an expansion during the summer or fall, before the "Fire Emblem Warriors" release.
- Gaiden (I see Gaiden acting as the next expansion, liking occurring in April or May. We may get lots of new story content as well as many characters from Gaiden, with a few from other games. So, I don't think Gaiden will be the next focus)

As for new armor units, I would like to see Douglas, Old!Hector (please be as OP as your younger self), Oswin, and Gilliam. I could also go into the non-GBA titles, but like I said above, I expect another GBA game to be next in the focus.

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

When they add Tellius, the Goldoan laguz will likely also be placed in the same category as the dragons we have right now, so there are a lot more left than the ones you mentioned. 

Well, then they need to account for dragon-effective weapons already in the game which are shown to be effective against characters with stone icons in general and figure out how to separate dragons from the other species.