• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I think all three Ikes (Ike should get three forms in this game, not just two. Don't forget the special CYL costume) should get Ragnell and swords, but I can see RD Ike getting axes and Urvan instead so we have another green unit. And we do need more green units, so I wouldn't really be disappointed.

Can't wait to see how Jason Adkins does with his voice this time! Let's hope it's Codename Steam quality or better, and not the weird direction he got in Fates... I thought the only line he nailed in the latter was "Shouldn't have been in my way." That was actually pretty badass.

...I also wonder if he's gonna do different sets of lines for both PoR and RD (and the PoR ones would be added to the CYL costume since that's the Ike that won it). :o

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think all three Ikes (Ike should get three forms in this game, not just two. Don't forget the special CYL costume) should get Ragnell and swords, but I can see RD Ike getting axes and Urvan instead so we have another green unit. And we do need more green units, so I wouldn't really be disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Personally, I doubt Ike will get Axes in any form. I think it's more likely Urvan will go to Greil.

Of these two opinions I'm more likely to go with the latter. Ike is much more recognisable with the Ragnell, and the Urvan is Greil's weapon.
Still they need to differentiate the three Ikes somehow, but I too doubt any of the iterations will get axes.
I'm not even sure they will differ beyond appearance and some stats.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Of these two opinions I'm more likely to go with the latter. Ike is much more recognisable with the Ragnell, and the Urvan is Greil's weapon.
Still they need to differentiate the three Ikes somehow, but I too doubt any of the iterations will get axes.
I'm not even sure they will differ beyond appearance and some stats.

Yeah, I just really hope at least one of the Ikes gets something akin to that one skill he got in Fates. It's called Strengthtaker. Every time he got a kill, Ike's strength went up. It would fit best on RD Ike, imo. He has lower speed, so more and more strength can make up for that. Also, it wouldn't be too broken in this game because you only fight up to six enemies at once and rarely do five or six actually appear and nobody's gonna send Ike against blue units or whatever he's weak against very often. Strengthtaker 1 could add +2 to Ike's attack, Strengthtaker 2 could be +3, and Strengthtaker 3 could be +4 or maybe even 5.

I can also see Greil and Boyd having access to this!

Edited by Anacybele

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I just really hope at least one of the Ikes gets something akin to that one skill he got in Fates. It's called Strengthtaker. Every time he got a kill, Ike's strength went up. It would fit best on RD Ike, imo. He has lower speed, so more and more strength can make up for that. Also, it wouldn't be too broken in this game because you only fight up to six enemies at once and rarely do five or six actually appear and nobody's gonna send Ike against blue units or whatever he's weak against very often. Strengthtaker 1 could add +2 to Ike's attack, Strengthtaker 2 could be +3, and Strengthtaker 3 could be +4 or maybe even 5.

I can also see Greil and Boyd having access to this!

I would love axe user Ike, I would even try to pull for him

And the taker skills should make a comeback, yes (specially bc they said that they would add maps with reinforcements, def/res taker would be rly useful)

3 minutes ago, Maymeimai said:

I would love axe user Ike, I would even try to pull for him

And the taker skills should make a comeback, yes (specially bc they said that they would add maps with reinforcements, def/res taker would be rly useful)

I'd pull for every Ike that's available no matter what. lol <3

Yeah, I forgot about the reinforcements thing, the taker skills would definitely be helpful there! I just hope the reinforcements won't be too much. The player can still only field four units at once and against five or six enemies right now that's a big disadvantage. >_>

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd pull for every Ike that's available no matter what. lol <3

Yeah, I forgot about the reinforcements thing, the taker skills would definitely be helpful there! I just hope the reinforcements won't be too much. The player can still only field four units at once and against five or six enemies right now that's a big disadvantage. >_>

Meanwhile, I am saving my orbs for Soren <3

Yeah, I hope they dont abuse the reinforcements.. Or they would need to make a bigger deployment 

3 minutes ago, Maymeimai said:

Meanwhile, I am saving my orbs for Soren <3

Yeah, I hope they dont abuse the reinforcements.. Or they would need to make a bigger deployment 

I'm not saving but Titania <3

Pre-FE7 Asshole Reinforcementsâ„¢ go!

Edited by Vaximillian

I need Elincia along with Ike. I want that OTP team I got planned. Freddy and my female Robin plus those two! Kieran and Marcia would be nice to have as well for a Tellius OTP team including them and Ike and Elincia. :3

A team with Ike, Elincia, Kieran, and Marcia would be fairly balanced too, as Ike and Elincia = red, Kieran = green, and Marcia = blue!

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Eselred said:

Ike's not going to get Urvan.  He doesn't even really use it.  At most, you give him a Hammer for the BK fight.

Hey, you never know though. We expected Lucius to be a blue tome user, didn't we? xP

9 minutes ago, Eselred said:

Ike's not going to get Urvan.  He doesn't even really use it.  At most, you give him a Hammer for the BK fight.

Don't you have to hack him to get an SS in axes?

It's been years since I hacked Radiant Dawn for him to do that.

6 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Don't you have to hack him to get an SS in axes?

It's been years since I hacked Radiant Dawn for him to do that.

No, Ike can SS both swords and axes in RD without that. I should know since I always got the SS rank for him so he could use Urvan. He just looks like his dad standing there holding Urvan the way he does and I find that really awesome because Ike always wanted to be like his dad.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

One problem is that unless they start unveiling same-character variations outside of the vote, people will likely complain that Ike is getting pandered to too much, especially with his status as a Smash Bros. fighter being a strong reason why he's popular.

Actually, has it been established that the vote is for the unit dressed in a different outfit or simply just different art (not including differences in stats, weapons, and skills for either outcome)? I sort of forget what the exact wording was for the winners.

6 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

One problem is that unless they start unveiling same-character variations outside of the vote, people will likely complain that Ike is getting pandered to too much, especially with his status as a Smash Bros. fighter being a strong reason why he's popular.

Actually, has it been established that the vote is for the unit dressed in a different outfit or simply just different art (not including differences in stats, weapons, and skills for either outcome)? I sort of forget what the exact wording was for the winners.

Not many should complain, a LOT of people voted for both Ikes. If they didn't want any "Ike pandering" they shouldn't have voted for him.

And all it said was that the poll winners would appear in the game in special costumes at some point. Lyn has already shown up in her normal outfit, so I'd say that it's only fair for PoR Ike to show up in both his normal clothes and the special costume as well while his RD self joins later.

Also, after how much pandering Awakening and Fates have been getting, it's about time something NOT from those games gets pandering, I would say.

Ike has plenty of popularity among the FE fanbase as well as the Smash one btw. He's not like Roy who only had his game released in Japan. Roy is only liked in the west because of Smash and Smash alone. Within the FE fanbase, Roy is hated in the west because of how bad of a unit he is. Ike is loved in his games as well as in Smash because he's written well and a great unit. He's also part of what's generally regarded as a good story in the FE series as well as the best world-building. Don't get me wrong, Smash is part of why Ike is popular, but his popularity within the FE fandom is significant too.

Edited by Anacybele

At present, Tiki, Robin, and Corrin each have two versions. So there's precedent for multiple non-vote versions of characters, although those three all do have quite a bit more reason for the split than Ike does. I think just one normal and one special version should be able to cover both FE9 and FE10 Ike just fine, without need for a second normal Ike.

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not many should complain, a LOT of people voted for both Ikes. If they didn't want any "Ike pandering" they shouldn't have voted for him.

And all it said was that the poll winners would appear in the game in special costumes at some point. Lyn has already shown up in her normal outfit, so I'd say that it's only fair for PoR Ike to show up in both his normal clothes and the special costume as well while his RD self joins later.

Also, after how much pandering Awakening and Fates have been getting, it's about time something NOT from those games gets pandering, I would say.

Ike has plenty of popularity among the FE fanbase as well as the Smash one btw. He's not like Roy who only had his game released in Japan. Roy is only liked in the west because of Smash and Smash alone. Within the FE fanbase, Roy is hated in the west because of how bad of a unit he is. Ike is loved in his games as well as in Smash because he's written well and a great unit. He's also part of what's generally regarded as a good story in the FE series as well as the best world-building. Don't get me wrong, Smash is part of why Ike is popular, but his popularity within the FE fandom is significant too.

You say that like everyone who voted for Ike expected three versions of him and not at least two, or that there aren't many people who didn't vote for Ike who could potentially be sick of the "special treatment" he'd get. Ike may have gotten first, but if you combine both Ikes, it's still about 50,000 votes out of about 1,200,000.

And why is it fair that Ike gets three versions of him over Lyn's two? Just because "he's more popular"? I know I could potentially be crossing a hypocrisy line with there being two Robins and Corrins that share the same personality (with there perhaps almost being three Robins due to the Christmas outfit), although of different genders, but we'd have three Ikes which are practically the same character personality-wise. It's not like the case with Tiki, who has a young version who is childish and playful while her adult self is matured and wise with instances of her childhood on occasion popping up, or potentially a case with two Karels, with FE7's Karel being a fight-hungry dude while FE6 Karel is more chilled out. (I don't think Bartre would get much of a pass, though.)

Until alternate versions of the same character with a same personality become a regular thing, the amount of Ikes should be kept to two.

9 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

You say that like everyone who voted for Ike expected three versions of him and not at least two, or that there aren't many people who didn't vote for Ike who could potentially be sick of the "special treatment" he'd get. Ike may have gotten first, but if you combine both Ikes, it's still about 50,000 votes out of about 1,200,000.

And why is it fair that Ike gets three versions of him over Lyn's two? Just because "he's more popular"? I know I could potentially be crossing a hypocrisy line with there being two Robins and Corrins that share the same personality (with there perhaps almost being three Robins due to the Christmas outfit), although of different genders, but we'd have three Ikes which are practically the same character personality-wise. It's not like the case with Tiki, who has a young version who is childish and playful while her adult self is matured and wise with instances of her childhood on occasion popping up, or potentially a case with two Karels, with FE7's Karel being a fight-hungry dude while FE6 Karel is more chilled out. (I don't think Bartre would get much of a pass, though.)

Until alternate versions of the same character with a same personality become a regular thing, the amount of Ikes should be kept to two.

You forget that a lot of those 1,200,000 votes came from the same people. We each got to vote 13 times you know. And some people might've used multiple accounts.

And it's fair because Ike happened to have two different notable designs already and happened to be a poll winner. Lyn was only given one notable design, so she only gets that design and the special costume. Also, PoR Ike in his normal clothes is featured in the Heroes title banner. Why would we not get to use that particular Ike in the game exactly as he appears there? I don't see why you're even arguing anything here.

Also, like I said, it's about time something outside of Awakening and Fates got special treatment. I have no doubt that we will get three Ikes.

Edited by Anacybele

Honestly I hate Ike and definitely don't want to see him in three times if not more, but I fully expect that to be the case because of how the Choose your Legends poll worked combined with Tiki, Robin and Corrin's multiple variations being separate units.  

It's unfortunate but likely that that spotlight hog gets more spotlight, but that's probably how it shall be.

Guess who has 2 thumbs and got 2 give star focuses in one pull?

ME! just came here to celebrate my accomplishments, use my bragging rights, and spread the word about my post in the pull topic.

Now excuse me, I'm going to have a victory glass of milk. The drink of champions!

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Honestly I hate Ike and definitely don't want to see him in three times if not more

Sheesh, who spat in your gritz?

I like Ike (pun intended), but if we get three I think I'm gonna jump off a cliff. 2 is company and three is a crowd so let's just keep it at 2.