Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Yeah, I still don't understand why Glac can shit on Ike and not get any criticism for it, but when I shit on a character I don't like, people outrage.

Anyway, I don't see why Ike wouldn't get three versions because of the poll. I'm shocked anyone is saying that he shouldn't. He's seen in the Heroes title banner in his Ranger clothes already, so that's a hint that we're getting normal PoR Ike already. RD Ike ranked high in the poll too, so obviously he's coming as well. And it was said that the special costumes were coming in the "distant" future, so I can see us getting PoR Ike first, then RD Ike, and then later on, the special costumes for the poll winners. Another thing, Ike's combined votes make him the most popular character in the poll.

I welcome Ike having three verisons, because it's time for an older FE game/character to get pandering. I've had enough of Awakening and Fates getting all the glory. I'd even hesitate to really call this "pandering" for Ike, because all he's getting is what he's already been given and earned. He was already given two official in-game designs and now he's earned another one. If Tiki had won the poll, I bet she'd get a third variation too! In fact, I KNOW she would because both her younger and older selves were already programmed in and ready.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Well... The past few focuses have had a grand total of zero Awakening/Fates characters, and if anything, they've been pandering to the older fans, especially the GBA era. Jugdral too.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well... The past few focuses have had a grand total of zero Awakening/Fates characters, and if anything, they've been pandering to the older fans, especially the GBA era.

Which is nice to see, even if I hate Elibe. But the thing is, the game still started out with mostly Awakening and Fates characters. And then we have FE Warriors only being Awakening, Fates, and Archanea so far. Project X Zone got Chrom and Lucina and no other FE characters. TMS only got Awakening and Archanea characters. Awakening characters were forcibly brought back for Fates. And so on. Most recently, Awakening and Fates got the most pandering.

Also, how much pandering has Tellius had lately? None. Ike's been in Smash. A couple trophies from Tellius are there too. And that's it.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You forget that a lot of those 1,200,000 votes came from the same people. We each got to vote 13 times you know. And some people might've used multiple accounts.

And it's fair because Ike happened to have two different notable designs already and happened to be a poll winner. Lyn was only given one notable design, so she only gets that design and the special costume. I don't see why you're even arguing anything here.

Actually, how many people do you know that voted for both Ikes (or one Ike) with the mindset of "I want there to be three Ikes"? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it was ever hinted that the 2nd place person would get another version of themselves until the vote ended, so for all we know, people could have simply voted both Ikes just to help make sure at least one Ike gets a costume.

And again, both Ikes are pretty much the same personality-wise, so I'm saying we should wait until we get alternate versions of characters as a regular thing before we get three Ikes. I get you probably want buff Ike, but for many other people, that'd be too much to have three Ikes so soon, I bet. Heck, I can see some would argue "Smash Bros. fans pandering".

And you didn't even bash any characters just now without reason nor did anyone try to call you out on character bashing, so I don't get why you're bringing this up.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I still don't understand why Glac can shit on Ike and not get any criticism for it, but when I shit on a character I don't like, people outrage.

Not saying you deserve it, on the contrary, but... you're much more vocal and have a large group of characters you don't like. I personally don't mind it, but after the Xth time of hearing negativity about a few characters (for whatever reasons) while hearing about how unfair it is Ike isn't in the game yet, it can get slightly annoying for some people.

I do agree with you though that I would like Ike to be in the game. Or at least some more Tellius characters, I would love to see some Laguz. Ike should also get three different units, but hopefully spread out over the lifespan of the game and not over a single year like you're referring to. That's my opinion atleast =).  

Edited by Birdy

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Actually, how many people do you know that voted for both Ikes (or one Ike) with the mindset of "I want there to be three Ikes"? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it was ever hinted that the 2nd place person would get another version of themselves until the vote ended, so for all we know, people could have simply voted both Ikes just to help make sure at least one Ike gets a costume.

And again, both Ikes are pretty much the same personality-wise, so I'm saying we should wait until we get alternate versions of characters as a regular thing before we get three Ikes. I get you probably want buff Ike, but for many other people, that'd be too much to have three Ikes so soon, I bet. Heck, I can see some would argue "Smash Bros. fans pandering".

And you didn't even bash any characters just now without reason nor did anyone try to call you out on character bashing, so I don't get why you're bringing this up.

Why do their personalities matter? This game doesn't show much personality for any characters outside of the original ones. This game is mostly about the stats and to a lesser extent, aesthetics and all, not personalities.

Yeah, I'm sure some people will complain. But there will always be people who complain about something. You can't please everyone.

And no, I didn't just now, but nobody's had an issue with Glac's Ike bashing, but I got slammed hard for being upset with the Elibe banner in Heroes.

EDIT: That sounds fair enough, Birdy. And it might seem like I hate a lot of characters, but I only hate a few. I'm neutral and meh about several others though. I think we'll get normal PoR Ike first since he won the poll, and later we'll see a focus with the special costumes. RD Ike will be last.

If I see a focus with more than one at the same time though, then yeah, that's a bit overkill...even though I'd still throw tons of orbs at it anyway. :P

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: That sounds fair enough, Birdy. And it might seem like I hate a lot of characters, but I only hate a few. I'm neutral and meh about several others though. I think we'll get normal PoR Ike first since he won the poll, and later we'll see a focus with the special costumes. RD Ike will be last.

If I see a focus with more than one at the same time though, then yeah, that's a bit overkill...even though I'd still throw tons of orbs at it anyway. :P

Totally agreed xD. I think PoR Ike might be the first one aswell and I'm hoping Micaiah will make an appearance soon too. I think double Ikes in a banner would be a horrible decision aswell, both for them as for my wallet :c.

4 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Totally agreed xD. I think PoR Ike might be the first one aswell and I'm hoping Micaiah will make an appearance soon too. I think double Ikes in a banner would be a horrible decision aswell, both for them as for my wallet :c.

Yeah, it'd be bad for my wallet too. lol

I just hope Micaiah won't share the same banner as Ike. I don't want to end up pulling her instead. Though if I did, she'd either be getting sent home or used as skill fodder.

Edited by Anacybele

I personally wouldn't mind whether Ike got two costumes or three, but I hope they're spread out over a decently long period of time to avoid overwhelming people.

I also hope to see new variants of other characters already in-game not because it'd be "fair" for them to since Ike probably is but simply because I think that'd be interesting.

There's already talk of a datamined Christmas outfit for Robin (though I can't speak for the validity of the claim, of course). Can you imagine other events for other special skins? It'd be cool to portray characters in new ways as that's really something only Heroes can do atm.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Christmas Robin and Christmas Tharja. I'd love to see more variations like that too.

What if we got Gaius in a funny costume with some giant candy as a weapon for Halloween? XD

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

There's already talk of a datamined Christmas outfit for Robin (though I can't speak for the validity of the claim, of course).

That's been in the game files since the game was first released. Robin has a full set of Christmas-themed artwork. Tharja has a single artwork of just her head.

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I personally wouldn't mind whether Ike got two costumes or three, but I hope they're spread out over a decently long period of time to avoid overwhelming people.

I also hope to see new variants of other characters already in-game not because it'd be "fair" for them to since Ike probably is but simply because I think that'd be interesting.

There's already talk of a datamined Christmas outfit for Robin (though I can't speak for the validity of the claim, of course). Can you imagine other events for other special skins? It'd be cool to portray characters in new ways as that's really something only Heroes can do atm.

It's pretty valid, see here: 

While I disagree that no one had an issue, the recent thread topic did involve Ike's popularity and reactions to him getting 3 versions so someone pointing out that that person does hate Ike could be said to have relevancy which other situations of people mentioning things they dislike/hate might not have.  (Or responses to comments of hate for that matter) Context is important, that someone hates a character is far from the only factor. That applies to the 3 Ikes thing as well, that "personality" thing is not that easily swept away. (Quotes because I don't think personality is the best way to put it, but there is a differentiation factor that Ike might not have) 

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

That's been in the game files since the game was first released. Robin has a full set of Christmas-themed artwork. Tharja has a single artwork of just her head.

Oooh nice to get some confirmation on that. 

What I want to know though is how it'll work. I wonder if it'll be a new unit entirely or a skin we can apply to characters we already have :O

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oooh nice to get some confirmation on that. 

What I want to know though is how it'll work. I wonder if it'll be a new unit entirely or a skin we can apply to characters we already have :O

If Heroes is going to work like just about every other gacha game out there, it'll be a separate character, especially considering the Christmas tree he's carrying looks suspiciously like it's meant to be a sword or lance.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, it'd be bad for my wallet too. lol

I just hope Micaiah won't share the same banner as Ike. I don't want to end up pulling her instead. Though if I did, she'd either be getting sent home or used as skill fodder.

I theorise Ike may show up in a "Greil Mercenaries" banner. Like, maybe alongside Soren (green mage infantry), Titania (axe cavalier), Mist (healer infantry), Boyd (axe infantry), and either Oscar (lance cavalier, to have a blue in there) or Mia (she'd be another sword infantry, but to balance out the gender ratio).

Just now, NoirCore said:

I theorise Ike may show up in a "Greil Mercenaries" banner. Like, maybe alongside Soren (green mage infantry), Titania (axe cavalier), Mist (healer infantry), Boyd (axe infantry), and either Oscar (lance cavalier, to have a blue in there) or Mia (she'd be another sword infantry, but to balance out the gender ratio).

Ooh, I'd love that! I'd be aiming for Ike, Boyd, and Oscar from that group. :3

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

If Heroes is going to work like just about every other gacha game out there, it'll be a separate character, especially considering the Christmas tree he's carrying looks suspiciously like it's meant to be a sword or lance.

Probably sword since he uses one in Awakening. But okay cool that sounds pretty exciting. I just hope they distribute the costumes in a way that doesn't feel like pandering to the most popular characters. Don't get me wrong: the most popular will almost certainly get costumes, but I hope they also make sure to give some to less popular characters from older games. 

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Probably sword since he uses one in Awakening. But okay cool that sounds pretty exciting. I just hope they distribute the costumes in a way that doesn't feel like pandering to the most popular characters. Don't get me wrong: the most popular will almost certainly get costumes, but I hope they also make sure to give some to less popular characters from older games. 

Just because he uses a sword in-game isn't terribly telling of him using a sword for the event version, though. Giving him a lance for the event version would add some variety. Kind of like how swimsuit Artoria is Archer class because of her water gun.

I'm hoping for promoted artwork for existing characters someday in the future.

Edited by Ice Dragon

There's nothing wrong with multiple versions of the same character, as long as they have a certain uniqueness to them that differentiates them from one version in my opinion. Or if it's just like a gag thing. Of course, it is a little much if there are like, eight versions of the same person. Looking at you Fate Grand Order. 

Edited by Midori Mage

Well, this week has been horrible, so I will vent here and stuff

1) Although I don't care much about Ike, I do like the fact that they will give us different versions, I will be forever hoping for a dancer!Inigo or a pegasus knight!Severa (and many others)

2) One fear I have is time limited gacha, just like they always do in Fate Grand Order

3) I am little by little doing the 4-fliers quest, and I faced a 41 defense Saizou, because of this I ask: when we will have mage fliers?

4) Im still warming to Michalis VA... I always imagined him being composed, but here it seems like he is always shouting, its weird..

5) I am actually giving a break in "make everyone  a 5*", I dediced to only upgrade Sharena (already did), Anna (almost there) and Alfonse (last but not least)

Saving feathers is tiresome and endless if you plan on upgrading several units. I might make some exceptions for grand hero battle heroes (more specifically Michalis, Navarre and Xander), but besides those, if I get a good hero 4*, he/she will stay a 4*, I dont wanna find minself on a endless struggle for feathers, no thank you.

Really guys, the 'Awakening/Fates gets too much focus' is an outdated hatred people really need to drop and let go. We're in 2017 and people keep discussing about it. I think Heroes itself demonstrates that that's just a matter of the past.

so I got Reinhardt today during my unsuccessful attempts to get Ninian and I noticed that in french, his title is something along the lines of "Ishtar's right hand" which is pretty different from his English one, "Thunder's Fist"

i've never actually played thracia 776 I just saw ishtar mentioned and I thought that was neat

6 minutes ago, Maymeimai said:

4) Im still warming to Michalis VA... I always imagined him being composed, but here it seems like he is always shouting, its weird..

Eh, I thought it fit really well. In Shadow Dragon, his battle quotes seemed like he was probably yelling at people, with things like " Ha! Come to try and slay your king?” and “I’ve been waiting for you, Altean whelp. I swear on my crown, you will die!”

8 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Really guys, the 'Awakening/Fates gets too much focus' is an outdated hatred people really need to drop and let go. We're in 2017 and people keep discussing about it. I think Heroes itself demonstrates that that's just a matter of the past.

while I have no strong feelings about this despite not being a fan of either game I think it's kind of a fact

like, in the initial trailer for heroes, it showed the fates siblings, chrom and lucina, and marth

and in the initial lineup for heroes, there were 29 fates characters, more than any other game (fe1 had 21, fe3 had 1, fe6 had 12, fe7 had 9, and fe13 had 18)

like i'm not saying they're necessarily doing anything wrong but there's clearly a bigger focus on those games as well as FE1 than pretty much any of the others