• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

35 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Worth it.

Serra is in there too, so double worth it.

If it helps, not many people dislike the game, either, from what I've observed. I also watched an LP of the game, and it's pretty good from my perspective, at least. :P

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

If it helps, not many people dislike the game, either, from what I've observed. I also watched an LP of the game, and it's pretty good from my perspective, at least. :P

Well, this does help. I appreciate this. Now, to the ROMs downloader!

I will admit that one reason I don't like FE7 is probably because I played it after PoR, RD, and FE8. So I took a big step backward, kind of. It lacked a lot of things I liked about titles that came after it as a result. I still liked FE8 a lot though, and it didn't change a whole lot gameplay-wise from FE7, so it's not the ONLY reason. I feel FE8 did story and characters better, even if the story is shorter and the cast is smaller. :P

For what it's worth, FE7 is my second favorite game.  And I'm not nostalgic either, I played several FE's before it, including ones I actually don't like very much (ie Awakening, Path of Radiance).

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well, this does help. I appreciate this. Now, to the ROMs downloader!

You might want a .sav as well, since I assume you know how to play Fire Emblem and probably want to skip Lyn Normal.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Never played Blazing blade but Karel makes me want to try it. He's just way too zexy. I wish they made a smash bros game that only had fire emblem characters in it just so that I could use him. I got my baby gurls, but Karel has to be my first baby boi <3

Jafar is kind of meh, in terms of personality. To me he's just a little too unhappy. I like his turn action speech. His weapon/skills are absolutely filthy.

But Karel.

He's just too zexy. Not smexy, not shexy, not even xexy, he's zexy.

All the characters in Blazing Blade have amazing and interesting background.

FE7 Character spoilers:

Spoiler

Karel is deppicted as one of the strongest warriors in Elibe, at least that's what his supports claim. He was raised along with his 5 siblings in a clan in the plains of Sacae, but apparently they fought to wield a powerful sword, probably a demonic sword, that made Karel kill 4 of his siblings, leaving only Karla (his sister). What I think is that the blade is enchanted or something that makes him kill people everywhere that try to best him, and those who he find dear or close to him, are the only ones that he spares, or makes them leave to avoid him from 'tasting their blood', examples are Guy, Karla and Lucius. That's basically his story and characterization.

On the other hand, Jaffar has a dark story, he was found alone in a pile of corpses as an infant, apparently found by Nergal, and named the Angel of Death. Nergal made him his right hand and best assassin, supressing him from any emotions just to make him a weapon to kill. However, when he found Nino was different from Sonia, he actually cared about her and began feeling emotions, specially after she saved his life. Then they just became closer, loved each other and Nino gave birth to Lugh and Raigh (FE6).

Edited by Quintessence

Some characters have interesting background, I'll agree with that much, but many have boring personalities and supports, imo. Also, it's hard to even GET supports in this game because it takes far too many turns to unlock them.

Hey, as long as I get to slice people to pieces I'm perfectly fine. There are people who play fire emblem for the story and the characters and all this other stuff. Me? I'm a simple person:

I see game I like

I see unit I like

I play game

1, 2, 3. Do re me. A, B, C. It's just that easy.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Some characters have interesting background, I'll agree with that much, but many have boring personalities and supports, imo. Also, it's hard to even GET supports in this game because it takes far too many turns to unlock them.

You can read them at the site though ~

I love the game so I didn't care spending 200 turns waiting for a support to be triggered.

11 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

You can read them at the site though ~

I love the game so I didn't care spending 200 turns waiting for a support to be triggered.

That doesn't make it any easier to unlock them in the game and get the endings. I gave up trying to get Sain x Fiora because it was taking too long just to get the C support. And I didn't like the game's story or characters enough to continue anyway. (I played to around ch. 24 in Eliwood's story, btw, so it's not like I only played a little bit).

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Karel is the sort of character you need to play both games to get a full picture of.  His FE7 self was designed specifically to contrast his older and wiser self from FE6, so yeah.

Fun fact: Karel was one of very few characters conceived for Maiden of Darkness who made it into FE6.

OOooh interesting. That makes me curious about the story that never was.

8 hours ago, NoirCore said:

I theorise Ike may show up in a "Greil Mercenaries" banner. Like, maybe alongside Soren (green mage infantry), Titania (axe cavalier), Mist (healer infantry), Boyd (axe infantry), and either Oscar (lance cavalier, to have a blue in there) or Mia (she'd be another sword infantry, but to balance out the gender ratio).

Just give me Titania and Mia and call it a day.

@Arcanite, do it. It's a very good game.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Starting tomorrow. The question is,

Team Smelliwood or Team Hectic?

You don't have a choice for your first playthrough. You start with Lyn and then do Eliwood's story. After your first playthrough, you can select Lyn, Eliwood, or Hector mode.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You don't have a choice for your first playthrough. You start with Lyn and then do Eliwood's story. After your first playthrough, you can select Lyn, Eliwood, or Hector mode.

"The more you know"

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Do both.

Seems fair

@Arcanite I'm honestly pretty excited for you to get into FE7, and I hope you have a lot of fun with it :D

(Also get hyped because Hector is just as broken in his original game as he is in Heroes. Except he has just as much movement as anyone else. So even better >:D)

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Starting tomorrow. The question is,

Team Smelliwood or Team Hectic?

Marvelous! I hope you'll have lots of fun playing the game. This installment is arguably the best I've ever played since it was my first FE game haha. It was quite a journey and I am still attached to the characters until today. 

2 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Arcanite I'm honestly pretty excited for you to get into FE7, and I hope you have a lot of fun with it :D

(Also get hyped because Hector is just as broken in his original game as he is in Heroes. Except he has just as much movement as anyone else. So even better >:D)

Mhmm mhmm. And once you have gotten Lucius, we'll share the disappointment of how they transformed an OP killing machine saint into a tiny healing peanut in Heroes. :-_-:

7 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

Mhmm mhmm. And once you have gotten Lucius, we'll share the disappointment of how they transformed an OP killing machine saint into a tiny healing peanut in Heroes. :-_-:

Wait until they get to Rutger, they'll never be able to replicate his 100+% crit chance.

28 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Wait until they get to Rutger, they'll never be able to replicate his 100+% crit chance.

Guy wishes to digress! :P:

Anyway, what were we talking about again?

1 hour ago, Suichimo said:

Rutger is like Marth, not in that game.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Anyway what were we talking about again?

Everything. It's a general discussion for a reason.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Rutger is like Marth, not in that game.

Everything. It's a general discussion for a reason.

Well, it's more of a Fire Emblem Heroes general discussion, which means we should discuss stuff about FE Heroes, not just "anything". :P

So, how about those new Helping Hand special quests? Any thoughts about them? Personally, I'm just thinkin', "Eh, cool."

10 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

So, how about those new Helping Hand special quests? Any thoughts about them? Personally, I'm just thinkin', "Eh, cool."

I guess free stuff is nice.  Not overly excited about them, but I'll get them done, somehow.