Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@Arcanite this is probably a spoiler but if you do plan running all 3 route id reccomend getting Karel only when you play team Hectic if you are interested in his support since one of his significant support only appears under a ridiculously annoying condition in Hectic

The alternative to Karel is pretty much route free 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

The helping hand quests are pretty perfect at what they want to do, I think. (That is, helping new players.)

Sure, stuffing us with orbs or stamina potions or whatnot would help said new players, but they'd probably help older players MORE, given that we'd know what to do with them better than the new players. Level-up stones, on the other hand, let's new players get a bunch of characters to level 20 instantly, letting them try out more than just the 4 character team they were doing story mode with.

Edit: And... the new page completely deleted my comment of its context, and I'm too lazy to add a quote. (Yet not too lazy to type this edit, weird, isn't it?)

Edited by DehNutCase

I got Leo's 5* 40 quote today. He's been hanging around at level 38ish for a long time due to Reinhardt soaking up all of his kills (incidentally, Reinhardt got to level 40 5* just behind Leo).

His level 40 speech is just so very cute... I may have squeed slightly. Leo is definitely a firm favourite. He's just so adorable :D

Reinhardt's was also pretty nice, but nowhere near Leo's level... Still adore Reinhardt, too... Ahhh, love this game :D

3 hours ago, NoirCore said:

So, how about those new Helping Hand special quests? Any thoughts about them? Personally, I'm just thinkin', "Eh, cool."

Yay, shards. It's not like I'm already drowning in the stuff. Leveling to 20 isn't tedious anyway.
It's past 30 that it starts to drag out, and shards are useless there.

12 minutes ago, InfinityAlex said:

Anna is finally a bonus hero in the Arena. This makes me happy. :)

You and me both. I actually gave my Anna Attack +3 and draw back. Best decision I made in this game.

I'm always happy to get new quests, but these can all be completed by doing the things I was already doing (except maybe colorless) and I haven't even been using the mountain of shards I already have, so it's hard to get particularly excited.

27 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm always happy to get new quests, but these can all be completed by doing the things I was already doing (except maybe colorless) and I haven't even been using the mountain of shards I already have, so it's hard to get particularly excited.

You can literally just solo starting stratum with characters that meet two of the criteria and blow through them.

Giving Sakura Pain and Hawkeye Poison Strike has to be the best decision I've made! They help me against armors when Freddy isn't being used.

And speaking of Freddy, he just tanked multiple hits from red units in the arena omg I love him! I can boost his attack to 51 during battle too. ^^ PICK A GOD AND PRAY, SUCKERS.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Locked Apple said:

I've only found shards useful for power leveling inheritance fodder. Like others have said, not like actually leveling to 20 is difficult. You even lose out on SP doing that. 

I actually enjoy manually leveling characters to 20, so it's especially pointless. Although I did just use a few shards to finish getting my 3* Barst to 20 because I got a 4* Barst while I was training him so the 3* one doesn't feel important anymore and characters sitting between 1 and 20 feel like they're just telling me to finish up their basic training.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I actually enjoy manually leveling characters to 20, so it's especially pointless. Although I did just use a few shards to finish getting my 3* Barst to 20 because I got a 4* Barst while I was training him so the 3* one doesn't feel important anymore and characters sitting between 1 and 20 feel like they're just telling me to finish up their basic training.

I do too, I think I've only used shards once on F Robin because of an arena emergency. It doesn't take long at all to get to level 20, but once you get there it's like exp suddenly becomes nonexistent.

The thing that gets me is that you get 30 exp minimum when below level 20 when you kill enemies within the "Sp+3" threshold.

It makes farming for sp in lower stratums difficult as the stamina cost goes up to 4 instead of 1.

37 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

So not using shards and crystals is a pro thing huh?

Guess I'm a noob then

I mean I still use shards if I have a unit I want to sacrifice for skills. Takes two seconds to shard and feather 'em, and then they're gone. 

But if they're a unit I intend to use, then yeah I don't bother with shards and crystals (sometimes I'll end up at level 39 with just a little bit left though, and I'll just top them off with crystals instead of going through another run of 10th Stratum. Also healers. I use crystals on healers.)

I collected lots of them, just missing the fliers one. Basically used them to train bartre up to 20 -> 4* and my new Cecilia to 20 -> 4*. Gave Brash Assault 3 to Lyn but she's sitting at 130~SP and needs to learn all of them plus Rally Attack lol. Also going to fuse my old cecilia to my new one to pass all the acquired skills once the april update hits.

42 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

So not using shards and crystals is a pro thing huh?

Guess I'm a noob then

Do it however you want, easy as that.

My use of shards depends heavily on my mood. When I started training cavalry and flier squads for those training tower quests I really didn't feel like going through the bottom floors with 5 different units so I just fed them shards (I did do enough for the quests involving those strata, of course). Emptied my shard stocks right there. (Plus most of them will end up as skill inheritance material so SP wasn't an issue)

I use shards and crystals a lot. My shards were eaten by my armours recently, since training them was painful and one was originally two stars. Crystals would be more handy right now, though...

I tend to use Shards and Crystals for characters I don't really care for (merging fodder), or if I really need them to be at a certain level before doing something.

Otherwise, I prefer to level up my units. With my recent "discovery" that training characters at 3* rank and 4* rank gives more SP than promoting immediately at 20 (who knew?), it gives me even less of an incentive to use up Shards of Crystals.

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I use shards and crystals a lot. My shards were eaten by my armours recently, since training them was painful and one was originally two stars. Crystals would be more handy right now, though...

Yeah. Where the flip are my crystals? I've had enough of this shard nonsense. I NEED CRYSTALS!!!!

I feel like they just take 20 syringes and inject us with shards over and over. When am I gonna get my Crystal fix? 

Just now, Arcanite said:

Yeah. Where the flip are my crystals? I've had enough of this shard nonsense. I NEED CRYSTALS!!!!

I feel like they just take 20 syringes and inject us with shards over and over. When am I gonna get my Crystal fix? 

Begging on the corner for crystals. Shaking the tin...

Please... my Draug are starving. They need them v.v

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It'd be nice if they had a system allowing us to convert shards to crystals because I feel like I have way too many shards and not nearly enough crystals. 

About a week month ago I saw someone say something like this. I thought they'd implement something like this already :(

I'm still waiting.

In the cold.

Outside.

Patiently.

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Please... my Draug are starving. They need them v.v

*in elderly man voice*

I don't want to see my units suffer. Anything helps. Even if you give me one crystal I'll be happy.

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I thought you of all people would know the solution to this already. What are you doing here, the amount (and quality?)  of animal sacrifices to get them to add easy ways to get crystal is most likely exponentially higher than pulling units and the like.