Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

50 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Raigh one-shots Freddy, but I don't anticipate seeing one in Arena any time soon...or ever. Same with F!Robin now that she isn't focus. Plus Frederick dies pretty readily to most mages anyways, wolf tomes or not.

And that's if they can hit him before he hits them. Frederick also readily one-shots most mages. :P

The only time I ever lose Frederick is to a mage tho... Stinking res. xP

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Oddly, this is the defence team I run and I never seem to get any hits. I've not changed any skills yet, though, but no one loses against me :( I really need to start looking into some surprise skills to be mean. Poison touch on all! Muahahahahaha

Wow really? I would have thought it would be great. I have a lot of trouble dealing with Reinhardt + dancer. Who is your lead unit on that team?

11 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

You know what. Let Aqua drink that Red Bull to gain wings so she can go whoosh whoosh in your defense team.

That should serve for a lot of intended frustrations toward anybody who's unfortunate enough to face you.

Oh yes, I fully intend to do that. Which id why I'm considering double Dancer. Ninian with Escape Route and Azura with Wings of Mercy. Or potentially both with Wings of Mercy. There's absolutely nowhere to hide. But I still can't fully decide on my attackers. Reinhardt is probably the best for this, since he'll get his AoE kersplosion and has Vantage. Second slot could be...almost anyone. Just someone tough to deal with. People mentioned Kagerou, but muh Darting Blow Lucina... Julia would also probably be good since I put Death Blow on her. She has Bowbreaker to cheese Takumis too.

I actually get a decent amount of defense wins, much more so once I put Reinhardt on there. I'm guessing Rally Attack from Sharena makes him annoying to deal with? I also had a bunch of people with Takumi leaders lose to me; I bet they put their Takumis in front of my mages and just got wiped out. Serves them right. Screw Takumi.

2 minutes ago, immatx said:

Wow really? I would have thought it would be great. I have a lot of trouble dealing with Reinhardt + dancer. Who is your lead unit on that team?

Kagero. I think it goes Kagero, Azura, Reinhardt, Lucina. My Kagero is -Atk but +Spd, though. The rest have different boons/banes that don't affect those stats (except Azura who is currently unknown until I hit 40 with her).

I thought the same, to be fair. Reinhardt with a dancer seems to screw me up a lot lol.

Edited by Cute Chao

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Makes me wonder if they'll eventually add in beastslayer weapons to the game so that niche mages aren't the only hard counter to cavalry. 

Yeah, I thought that one lance that Oboro can get was a beastslayer, but I found that it wasn't when I saw that it wouldn't do effective damage to Frederick.

But at the same time, it might nerf Pegasus knights because it makes sense for beastslayers to be effective against them too, and they're already weak to bows and many physical units due to most of them having low def.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I thought that one lance that Oboro can get was a beastslayer, but I found that it wasn't when I saw that it wouldn't do effective damage to Frederick.

But at the same time, it might nerf Pegasus knights because it makes sense for beastslayers to be effective against them too, and they're already weak to bows and many physical units due to most of them having low def.

Eh, I don't think IS would be too bothered by making beastslayers affect just cavalry and not pegasus knights (and eventually laguz/taguels). In fact it'd be easier for them since they can just program the weapon to be effective against units with the horse symbol.

Would it be 100% faithful to the original game? Well, no, but I don't think it's such a big deal that they'd be okay making it cavalry-only for balancing purposes.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Eh, I don't think IS would be too bothered by making beastslayers affect just cavalry and not pegasus knights (and eventually laguz/taguels). In fact it'd be easier for them since they can just program the weapon to be effective against units with the horse symbol.

Would it be 100% faithful to the original game? Well, no, but I don't think it's such a big deal that they'd be okay making it cavalry-only for balancing purposes.

Yeah, true, and now that I think about it, hammers are only effective against armors and not also Frederick and Gunter who are Great Knights which WERE weak to hammers in their original games.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Makes me wonder if they'll eventually add in beastslayer weapons to the game so that niche mages aren't the only hard counter to cavalry. 

Frankly I'm surprised they didn't add those from the start.

It's kind of funny cavalry gets some of the best movement type specific buffs, doesn't have that many effective weapons against itself and has a healthy variety of options in terms of weaponry (I'm mostly comparing to fliers who don't have magic)

Also since the effective weaponry has been movement type based this far, it would be weird for Beastslayer (or Ridersbane, whatever we want to call it) to work on fliers now.

Edited by Sylphid

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh yes, I fully intend to do that. Which id why I'm considering double Dancer. Ninian with Escape Route and Azura with Wings of Mercy. Or potentially both with Wings of Mercy. There's absolutely nowhere to hide. But I still can't fully decide on my attackers. Reinhardt is probably the best for this, since he'll get his AoE kersplosion and has Vantage. Second slot could be...almost anyone. Just someone tough to deal with. People mentioned Kagerou, but muh Darting Blow Lucina... Julia would also probably be good since I put Death Blow on her. She has Bowbreaker to cheese Takumis too.

I actually get a decent amount of defense wins, much more so once I put Reinhardt on there. I'm guessing Rally Attack from Sharena makes him annoying to deal with? I also had a bunch of people with Takumi leaders lose to me; I bet they put their Takumis in front of my mages and just got wiped out. Serves them right. Screw Takumi.

I want to put Death Blow on my Julia sooo bad! Can she 1 hit Takumi for you like that?

Is Wings of Mercy the one where they can teleport to any ally under 50% hp?

Edited by immatx

Just now, Sylphid said:

Frankly I'm surprised they didn't add those from the start.

It's kind of funny cavalry gets some of the best movement type specific buffs, doesn't have that many effective weapons against itself and has a healthy variety of options in terms of weaponry (I'm mostly comparing to fliers who don't have magic)

I mean, it's balanced out by giving cavalry units such horribly low BST that no one sees them in higher tier arena despite their effectiveness. That said, I've always thought that balancing units' use in Arena via arbitrarily distributed base stat totals was silly, but it is what it is.

Also I really hope we get ranged fliers soon (Aversa where). It seems a bit unfair that people are out here building full teams of cavalry mages while fliers can only do so much with their hone/goad buffs because they lack a ranged option. 

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Any ally under 50% HP. No skill lets you teleport to enemies.

Ugh, that's what I meant. This is what I get for multitasking :/

Man, I need to stop forgetting that Freddy has Wings of Mercy. xP I like that he has it though, because it's SO fitting for him. He's so protective that I can't see him NOT rushing over to his ally to defend them like that. lol

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, immatx said:

I want to put Death Blow on my Julia sooo bad! Can she 1 hit Takumi for you like that?

If Julia is +Atk or Takumi is -HP or -Res then yes. Otherwise though, neutral Julia can't OHKO neutral Takumi with Death Blow.

EDIT: It's actually really funny to me how exact the numbers are. +Atk Julia with Naga has exactly 52 attack, which becomes 58 with Death Blow 3. Neutral Takumi has 18 res, so after subtracting res, she deals 40 damage to Takumi. Neutral Takumi has exactly 40 HP. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

My Julia is +Atk -HP, and she one-shots sometimes. I only have Death Blow 2 (I was dumb and just threw away my spare Ursula like that), but in my current defense team, Sharena provides Rally Atk, and Lucina has Spur Atk, so I can reach the threshold. Bowbreaker just makes it confirmed though.

My apologies, this is the very definition of a random observation; Jamieson Price (the va for Hawkeye/Virion/Zephiel) has an unspeakably lovely voice.  The voice acting in this game is especially good to begin with, but Hawkeye just makes me weak :wub:

Carry on.

10 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If Julia is +Atk or Takumi is -HP or -Res then yes. Otherwise though, neutral Julia can't OHKO neutral Takumi with Death Blow.

EDIT: It's actually really funny to me how exact the numbers are. +Atk Julia with Naga has exactly 52 attack, which becomes 58 with Death Blow 3. Neutral Takumi has 18 res, so after subtracting res, she deals 40 damage to Takumi. Neutral Takumi has exactly 40 HP. 

Luckily mine is +atk so I'll definitely be doing this. Now I just need to find someone to feed.

2 minutes ago, immatx said:

Luckily mine is +atk so I'll definitely be doing this. Now I just need to find someone to feed.

Unfortunately, no one has Death Blow 3 at 4* except Alfonse (lol), so you'll have to burn quite a few feathers. Or a Hawkeye, because psssh, who needs em.

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Unfortunately, no one has Death Blow 3 at 4* except Alfonse (lol), so you'll have to burn quite a few feathers. Or a Hawkeye, because psssh, who needs em.

Looks like Hawkeye to 5* is my next upgrade. He's just been sitting around in my storage anyways cause, like you said, who needs em.

2 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Before Awakening, there were plenty of horseslayer-weapons that were effective against horses but not pegasus knights. So it's plenty accurate to earlier games, just not the most recent ones where they replace them with beastslayers.

53 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hey, I like Hawkeye in this game and found use for him. >.> He's the reason I got past Mask Guy in the story and the reason I got female Robin.

Hawkeye is a lot of fun. I didn't get him until recently, but I like how he can fire off area attacks a lot more often than others through his Killer Axe. I guess even without skill inheritance, Eldigan can do that too, but I don't have an Eldigan, so whatever.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hawkeye is a lot of fun. I didn't get him until recently, but I like how he can fire off area attacks a lot more often than others through his Killer Axe. I guess even without skill inheritance, Eldigan can do that too, but I don't have an Eldigan, so whatever.

Yeah, and I gave him Poison Strike so he can dish out extra damage before AND after attacking. :awesome: He's hardly ever going to double anyone, so he needs to deal as much damage as he can in one attack.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and I gave him Poison Strike so he can dish out extra damage before AND after attacking. :awesome: He's hardly ever going to double anyone, so he needs to deal as much damage as he can in one attack.

You could also give him Quick Riposte (Subaki is a free unit on rotation, and he gives it) to let him double on enemy phase regardless of his speed. 

Not really a big fan of expecting 100% accuracy/faithfulness anyway, for me as long as there is some connection to the games I'm good. And the games are big and vary enough that most everything can be explained somehow. (tying a bit more into this we never have had a modern great knight that wasn't attached to the knight class in someway while this game dosen't even have classes)