• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, unique said:

personally I liked the name used in the fan translations, "Knight Killer"

That's because the Japanese for almost every single one of the cavalry-effective lances is ナイトキラー, literally phonetically "knight killer". I think FE6's was called ホースキラー ("horse killer") for no particularly good reason.

I think someone on NoA's localization team decided "horseslayer" was too boring and decided "ridersbane" sounded cooler or something (despite the Japanese being "knight killer" in all of those games).

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think someone on NoA's localization team decided "horseslayer" was too boring and decided "ridersbane" sounded cooler or something (despite the Japanese being "knight killer" in all of those games).

Shadow Dragon's localisation was pretty verbose anyway, so a more sophisticated Ridersbane fit more than blunt Horseslayer.

Also, it apparently is [mı'keılıs] and not [mı'kɑːlıs] as I've always pronounced it. Weird.

Edited by Vaximillian

New Lunatic Challenge quests are available for the next two weeks!

Assemble a team of four of a given composition and complete a Lunatic story map to get up to 20 orbs. All four allies must survive the ordeal.

One orb each:

1-1 with a sword user
1-2 with a lance user
1-3 with an axe user
1-4 with a bow user
1-5 with a dagger user

5-1 with a staff user
5-2 with a sword user
5-3 with a lance user
5-4 with an axe user
5-5 with a bow user

Two orbs each:

9-1 with a dagger user
9-2 with a staff user
9-3 with a sword user
9-4 with a lance user
9-5 with an axe user

Also, 10 orbs, 10 stamina potions, and 5,000 feathers have been distributed as the award for the world completing the Michalis hero battle.

Edited by Vaximillian

14 minutes ago, Pimalai said:

No new banner today?

Wasn't Michalis hero battle supposed to return on the 24th, which is tomorrow? The new banner will accompany that, as usual.

47 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Wasn't Michalis hero battle supposed to return on the 24th, which is tomorrow? The new banner will accompany that, as usual.

Ahh, I was thinking this was today. Nice then, I think I can save 60 orbs.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Is that what the update earlier was about?

There might be more about it. Hopefully, a dataminer will find something.

I want to see what the banner after Michalis will be like.

49 minutes ago, Orson said:

Ah, so many orbs... Give me a Sacred Stones focus now. :P

You and me both.

So much orbs . . . . . . . Why are they doing this? Why aren't they starving us yet? If Ike comes next I'm ready though, cause I got my focus characters and at this point, since I don't want to give the current focus any additional percentage, I'm keeping my orbs until the next focus. 

Figured I'd finish the hardest 2 Lunatic Missions before work.  My Stamina should be back full by the time I can play more.  I had to use Lights Blessing on 9-5, but I figure it's worth it.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Figured I'd finish the hardest 2 Lunatic Missions before work.  My Stamina should be back full by the time I can play more.  I had to use Lights Blessing on 9-5, but I figure it's worth it.

Did this as well, doing the luna missions first because I'll be busy all day so when I come up again, I have my stamina full to do the easier ones.

Also yay! I'll hit 40 orbs once I finish them all. Will do 2 sessions on Michalis focus for Eliwood and Minerva. When is it out?

14 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Also yay! I'll hit 40 orbs once I finish them all. Will do 2 sessions on Michalis focus for Eliwood and Minerva. When is it out?

I never do those Grand Hero battle focuses. Its literally characters that you're probably going to get anyway. The only person on there thats worth a rat's behind is Minerva. If it was just Minerva I would be happy but smelliwood, Gordin, and that other girl aren't even "OMG, I need you in my laifu" worthy.

Edited by Arcanite

The GHB banner this time is a little different since Minerva is 5* only, so it's well worth pulling if you focus greens.

(I mean, I like Selena and all, but the point of a low rarity character like her is to guarantee a good nature, so pulling for a 5* is only for merge purposes.)

Edited by DehNutCase
spelling

49 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I never do those Grand Hero battle focuses. Its literally characters that you're probably going to get anyway. The only person on there thats worth a rat's behind is Minerva. If it was just Minerva I would be happy but smelliwood, Gordin, and that other girl aren't even "OMG, I need you in my laifu" worthy.

I want 5* Eliwood for a cav team since I lack Reinhardt and Eldigan, so ~

@Anacybele Yesterday I dreamt that I pulled Ike in Heroes. It was RD Ike with his Vanguard outfit, he was 3* and was an axe unit :P:

Even Minerva isn't enough for me to go for a GHB focus. I don't particularly want to pull from the current banner either (Ninian, Jaffar, and Karel are cool, but I'm not particularly enthusiastic about Lucius or Rebecca or a second Priscilla), so hopefully I can find the willpower to hold off on pulling and stockpile some orbs for the next banner. I planned on doing that last time, but between the princes/princesses banner and the temptation of a rising 5* rate, I ended up using them early. I did not end up getting any 5*s from that round of banners and the current main banner has even more characters I don't care about than the last one, so whatever.