Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

The one issue, the onnnnnnnne issue I have with healers is that with their ## Balm ability, that they need a unit to be harmed in order to use it. They serve as debuffers in some cases (with Fear/Panic/Gravity), with super low defensive capabilities in most cases, but arguably, any buffs that they have are outclassed because of the need for a damaged party to use Balms on. I'd rather see Balm work on full HP party members and scrap the "all party members" element, just so that healers can serve more secondary roles, as in a Double-Rally type of unit. That'd make healers much more viable in the meta, especially with ##Blade skills that could capitalize on the synergy of a healer that can buff two stats through a Rally Balm combo + Hone/Fortify passive.

True, plus I seem to "waste" my Balm a lot of the time, since I might be healing the unit after they've already attacked and taken damage for the round.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I don't see a problem with Healers dealing high damage to low Res units but getting walled by high Res units.  That's no different than Dancers basically, and they still have better utility than Healers without having any of their offense being reduced.

Right now, Healers fail in both their roles.  Having a below average combatant with mediocre healing unit type would not hurt by getting a buff.

The problem is that there is a spread of 17 points between the highest Atk staff-user (35) and the lowest Atk staff-user (18) meaning that the staff-users on the low end would become completely useless for offensive support.

Staff-users aren't supposed to be dealing enough damage to fight a battle on their own (except for the Tenth Stratum staff-users with unreasonable stats), but should at least be able to put in some chip damage to finish a near-death opponent.

I'm not arguing against giving them a buff (even if I don't feel it's entirely necessary); I'm arguing that it is justified to leave their damage calculation as it is. As much as I don't really like Azama (mostly due to nightmares of nearly invincible Azamas in Tenth Stratum), he deserves to at least be able to do enough damage to finish off the average physical unit.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Who ever told me going into the arena resets the tower was wrong. I just tried that and the tower enemies are the same. >_>

Just going into the Arena isn't enough, but doing a battle in Arena will reset the tower.

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Just going into the Arena isn't enough, but doing a battle in Arena will reset the tower.

Oh, then why was I told before that I just had to go into the arena? There was no mention of having to battle. But I guess I'm ignoring this, because I don't want to waste my crests and swords.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, then why was I told before that I just had to go into the arena? There was no mention of having to battle. But I guess I'm ignoring this, because I don't want to waste my crests and swords.

*shrugs* Wasn't me so I can't speak for the one who told you that. Refreshing via the first stratum only costs 1 stamina though, so it's pretty cheap. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

*shrugs* Wasn't me so I can't speak for the one who told you that. Refreshing via the first stratum only costs 1 stamina though, so it's pretty cheap. 

Yeah, that's an option too, I suppose.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, then why was I told before that I just had to go into the arena? There was no mention of having to battle.

Because it was obvious you had to start a battle? The training tower resets after each battle.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Because it was obvious you had to start a battle? The training tower resets after each battle.

It wasn't obvious though. Not to me. All I read was "go into the arena." Not "battle in the arena." I was misled.

Just now, Anacybele said:

It wasn't obvious though. Not to me. All I read was "go into the arena." Not "battle in the arena." I was misled.

One doesn't go to the arena to do window-shopping. It's pretty obvious what one is supposed to do there, and that is to do battle.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

One doesn't go to the arena to do window-shopping. It's pretty obvious what one is supposed to do there, and that is to do battle.

Idk man sometimes I just like to admire the well-designed chibis. 

Okay but really, they should add a way for us to manually see a unit's chibi sprites on the unit screen. 

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Still should've said "battle" not simply "go in."

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I mean, did they say "go into the arena screen and then back out"? If they just said "go to the arena", that easily could mean to fight and not just "go to the arena and leave", from my perspective. And even if you realized just going to the arena screen wasn't enough, it's not hard to realize you had to fight in the arena.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

I mean, did they say "go into the arena screen and then back out"? If they just said "go to the arena", that easily could mean to fight and not just "go to the arena and leave", from my perspective. And even if you realized just going to the arena screen wasn't enough, it's not hard to realize you had to fight in the arena.

Well, no, they didn't... I guess what came to mind first was just going to the arena screen and then back out. But I realize now that I would have to fight in the arena, of course.

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

As a tip you can go in the arena and that refreshes the maps.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Hm maybe I should've been more specific.

Also are we actually just openly discussing the difference between "battle" and "go in"? That's actually pretty funny lol. Any who I guess I'll make sure I "Say what I mean and mean what I say"

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Hm maybe I should've been more specific.

Also are we actually just openly discussing the difference between "battle" and "go in"? That's actually pretty funny lol. Any who I guess I'll make sure I "Say what I mean and mean what I say"

lol, that is pretty funny, actually. And sorry for the confusion too. :P

I wonder if there will be a story xenologue with Veronica and friends tomorrow. Or will it come after the current banner has expired?
What did they bundle the previous xenologue with, anyway? I struggle to recall for some reason.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder if there will be a story xenologue with Veronica and friends tomorrow. Or will it come after the current banner has expired?
What did they bundle the previous xenologue with, anyway? I struggle to recall for some reason.

Voting gauntlet

I still have the sig too

Edited by Arcanite

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Why is the voting gauntlet still there? They should remove it.

They want to make the Ephraim supporters extra salty. In the words of a famous singer

"Salt in the wound, like you're laughing right at me".

36 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I want to say we'll get a new Para- or Xenologue the day the new banner drops, since that's when we always get new chapters, but they might hold it back until they drop the April update.

9 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Why is the voting gauntlet still there? They should remove it.

That's a good question, actually. They should at least put up a text box that says there's no gauntlet going on at the moment or something like that.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

They want to make the Ephraim supporters extra salty. In the words of a famous singer

"Salt in the wound, like you're laughing right at me".

It's a bit rubby-inny whenever I accidentally click on it and see a huge YOU LOSE on the screen xD

Gee, FE... Thanks xD

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

It's a bit rubby-inny whenever I accidentally click on it and see a huge YOU LOSE on the screen xD

Gee, FE... Thanks xD

Yeah I cry everytime ;-;

I know I lost, why you have to tell me again

And again

And again

And again

And again

Meanwhile team Lucina is probably living it up royal cause everyone they tap on it it says "YOU WIN". Really steams my clams . . . . . . . . . . .

Just now, Arcanite said:

Meanwhile team Lucina is probably living it up royal cause everyone they tap on it it says "YOU WIN". Really steams my clams . . . . . . . . . . .

Actually, I just curse at myself for accidentally tapping on it and having to wait 5-10 seconds (or longer depending on my connection) for the whole thing to load just to tap through the "you win" message so I can go back to what I meant to do.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Actually, I just curse at myself for accidentally tapping on it and having to wait 5-10 seconds (or longer depending on my connection) for the whole thing to load just to tap through the "you win" message so I can go back to what I meant to do.

Liar