Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I think all the +Stat skills are +3, except for HP, which is +5.

6 hours ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I just checked, Rezzy is right it's only +3 but hey I don't think that's enough of a difference to be a deal breaker!

Ah, well, you're right, it's not a dealbreaker. 42 def is still awesome!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Also, who wants to make a thread after this week's arena payout where everyone takes a picture of their "Tier 10" rank showing off their epic veteran skillz? One more week my friends. One more week.

2 hours ago, Falcom said:

And it only took this long...

Wow, that's nice! Would you mind explaining the tactic? Will a sword user without Triangle Adept (like Lyn, Eirika, Seliph, Alfonse) do for Veronica?

And here goes my Arena winning streaks getting broken early or in the middle of them again. I can't wait for the rework in April, this is so stupid and annoying. It's not even consistent either. I win a couple advanced matches handily, then get my ass handed to me in an intermediate or beginner one. Makes zero sense.

Edited by Anacybele

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And here goes my Arena winning streaks getting broken early or in the middle of them again. I can't wait for the rework in April, this is so stupid and annoying. It's not even consistent either. I win a couple advanced matches handily, then get my ass handed to me in an intermediate or beginner one. Makes zero sense.

"Beginner, intermediate, and advanced" are a bit misleading because they don't actually correlate to difficulty level necessarily. All it does is match you to a team based on BST (beginner teams have a lower BST than your team, intermediate have about the same, advanced have a higher BST).

Since a lot of the arguably more threatening units, like Kagero and Reinhardt or Takumi for instance, have low BSTs, so you're actually more likely to run into units like those that hurt your team more if you hit intermediate instead of advanced.

Most mages tend to have lower BSTs than melee units, so you're more likely to run into those at lower BST ranges (and I don't recall the rest of your team but remember that your best unit, Frederick, is a really great physical wall but can't take magical hits well).

It's a dumb system, but it is what it is :/ hopefully the April update helps with this somewhat. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

38 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Wow, that's nice! Would you mind explaining the tactic? Will a sword user without Triangle Adept (like Lyn, Eirika, Seliph, Alfonse) do for Veronica?

I often use Ryoma to take down Veronica (sometimes on EP, even), so probably. Depends on their stats, I guess. 

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

"Beginner, intermediate, and advanced" are a bit misleading because they don't actually correlate to difficulty level necessarily. All it does is match you to a team based on BST (beginner teams have a lower BST than your team, intermediate has about the same, advanced as a higher BST).

Since a lot of the arguably more threatening units, like Kagero and Reinhardt or Takumi for instance, have low BSTs, so you're actually more likely to run into units like those that hurt your team more if you hit intermediate instead of advanced.

Most mages tend to have lower BSTs than melee units, so you're more likely to run into those at lower BST ranges (and I don't recall the rest of your team but remember that your best unit, Frederick, is a really great physical wall but can't take magical hits well).

It's a dumb system, but it is what it is :/ hopefully the April update helps with this somewhat. 

Hmm... Yeah, that would all explain it. It is a dumb system, I agree. I really hope the update helps a lot. I'm only getting about 1500 feathers per arena session right now, it's so sad when I need three more sets of 20000 to have a full team of 5 stars to make things a bit easier...

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Hmm... Yeah, that would all explain it. It is a dumb system, I agree. I really hope the update helps a lot. I'm only getting about 1500 feathers per Arena session right now, it's so sad when I need three more sets of 20000 to have a full team of 5 stars to make things a bit easier...

If it's any consolation, it'll only get better as you go. As your team improves, you'll also be able to score higher, letting you get more feathers per week, letting you improve your team faster, etc etc. The beginning is the hardest hurdle to overcome. 

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If it's any consolation, it'll only get better as you go. As your team improves, you'll also be able to score higher, letting you get more feathers per week, letting you improve your team faster, etc etc. The beginning is the hardest hurdle to overcome. 

Yeah, true, unless you got stupidly lucky and pulled half a dozen 5 stars in your first few summons. xP

Btw, my arena team right now is Freddy, Sharena, male Robin, and Palla. I used to use Hawkeye there, but I was running into too many reds and Takumi tends to be a pain, so I threw male Robin in there instead to help both problems. Freddy can tank Takumi well to the point where he many only do like 6 damage TOTAL doubling or not, but only if Takumi doesn't freaking trigger his damn skill. What is it, Astra? Sometimes does a ton of damage to even Freddy somehow.

If I can also 5 star my Marth, I'll use him in place of Palla sometimes as well since he self-heals with Falchion.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

but only if Takumi doesn't freaking trigger his damn skill. What is it, Astra?

Vanilla Takumi has Vengeance: adds 50% of his missing HP to damage dealt with a cooldown of 3. He also is fast and doubles Frederick, filling up the counter quickly.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, true, unless you got stupidly lucky and pulled half a dozen 5 stars in your first few summons. xP

Btw, my arena team right now is Freddy, Sharena, male Robin, and Palla. I used to use Hawkeye there, but I was running into too many reds and Takumi tends to be a pain, so I threw male Robin in there instead to help both problems. Freddy can tank Takumi well to the point where he many only do like 6 damage TOTAL doubling or not, but only if Takumi doesn't freaking trigger his damn skill. What is it, Astra? Sometimes does a ton of damage to even Freddy somehow.

If I can also 5 star my Marth, I'll use him in place of Palla sometimes as well since he self-heals with Falchion.

Assuming the Takumi didn't inherit a new skill, Takumi's special is usually Vengeance. This deals more damage the lower his HP is, so if you happened to do a lot of damage to him without finishing him off, then Vengeance will do a hefty amount of damage. 

EDIT: Ninja'd by Vax RIP

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Assuming the didn't inherit a new skill, Takumi's special is usually Vengeance. This deals more damage the lower his HP is, so if you happened to do a lot of damage to him without finishing him off, then Vengeance will do a hefty amount of damage. 

Ah... Yeah, that explains it. Frederick hits like a damn truck with 47 attack and even harder when Sharena boosts it to 51. I always have either him or Robin go after Takumi.

10 minutes ago, Hardy said:

Just took it! I love the "besides Ike" part in the question on which character you're looking forward to being added. lol Because it amusingly makes sense. XD

@Hardy Yeah I saw and took that same survey on reddit yesterday. I look forward to finding out the results of the poll later :O

The person that made that poll has actually done various other polls on FEH on the subreddit, all of which have been quite interesting to read about (even if I didn't manage to answer some of them in time). 

21 minutes ago, Hardy said:

Do you keep at least 1 of every different Hero?

The answer is C. I keep at least one of units I am neutral or positive about, anyone I dislike is instant fodder for skill merging or feathers, thankfully that's not many units.

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

Do you keep at least 1 of every different Hero?

The answer is C. I keep at least one of units I am neutral or positive about, anyone I dislike is instant fodder for skill merging or feathers, thankfully that's not many units.

Yeah I wasn't entirely sure how to answer since what I do is try to keep a copy of every single unit I can unless I really needed their skills for a unit I regularly use in Arena. 

Also idk when you changed your profile to Sayaka but I approve (not that there was anything wrong with Wolt)

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Yeah I wasn't entirely sure how to answer since what I do is try to keep a copy of every single unit I can unless I really needed their skills for a unit I regularly use in Arena. 

Also idk when you changed your profile to Sayaka but I approve (not that there was anything wrong with Wolt)

Yeah, I sacrificed a 4* M Corrin to Roy with no regrets, but I wouldn't do the same with, say, Wolt.

Sayaka is best Puella Magi.  She's my favorite of the bunch by far.  But well, this is off topic.

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

4 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Yeah, I sacrificed a 4* M Corrin to Roy with no regrets, but I wouldn't do the same with, say, Wolt.

I sacrificed my only Setsuna to give Lilina Bowbreaker but I'm not sure it's of the same order of magnificence.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Oh I just did that survey yesterday.

I'm going with Takumi. What about you guys?

Ephraim of course!

Spoiler

Really wanted to commit to the signature