Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Tfw I can't play FGO bc I don't know Japanese (also I should really only be selling my soul to one gacha at a time)

I don't play it either (because burning wallet), but I have friends that do. One gacha game is my limit, as well.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I'd laugh so much if they got brave/unique tomes, (but then I'd kinda expect lucina to go red instead in that case to avoid dire thunder's colour ) though that to my knowledge actually has precedent compared to other stuff thrown out there assuming the video isn't outright lying. Though this case I will accept for a catch all anything can happen statement. (Well in regards to themselves and other joke/themed characters anyway) 

Yahhh not pulling this

In not into FE(read: liking the fanservice) because of this shit. The fact that they legit look ugly is another 

Edit: gonna admit i kinda like this Camilla over actual Camilla. I guess i dislike her Fates appearance that much lol

Edited by JSND

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Tfw I can't play FGO bc I don't know Japanese (also I should really only be selling my soul to one gacha at a time)

It's best you don't approach that game, fellow summoner. It's a game designed for M.

Also not pulling the spring gacha. That means I can try for a Ninian again! 80 orbs leggoo.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Don't forget 9 from the Paralogue.

Even ten, one more will come from an accompanying quest. 34 orbs after all—in addition to my current 18 (32 and 20 now)—a nice amount to blow on an interesting banner whenever we have one.

1 hour ago, JSND said:

Yahhh not pulling this

In not into FE(read: liking the fanservice) because of this shit. The fact that they legit look ugly is another 

Edit: gonna admit i kinda like this Camilla over actual Camilla. I guess i dislike her Fates appearance that much lol

While I'm indifferent to the bunny ears effect, I at least prefer her with those than the strange cow horn-like princess crown.

3 hours ago, NoirCore said:

You know, this alt weapon stuff has me wonder if the Hero Voting winners will get different weapons, too.

...Mage Roy, anyone? Manakete Roy seems like a stretch, though.

Cecilia: I changed my mind.  I'll let you learn magic after all!

The idea of giving Roy magic always amused me, since he apparently really wanted to learn but Cecilia always refused to teach him, since he had pretty much no talent and would lag behind Lilina despite working harder.  

Poor kid.  Elibe's in-story magic mechanics screwed him over.

5 hours ago, pianime94 said:

It's best you don't approach that game, fellow summoner. It's a game designed for M.

Not... really?  It's one of the most F2P friendly games around if you don't insist that you MUST get a specific 5-star unit you want.  Unlike most other games, FGO actually balances their units so that rarity isn't everything.  And then the free welfare units given out range from awful (Saber Lily) to some of the best in the game (Kuro, Rider Kintoki, Shiki, Mashu).  And that's not counting the free event Craft Essences (equipment) that are often in the top tier of their categories.

You know how there's that guy who uses 3-star free units to beat the Grand Hero Quests in FEH?  Same thing in FGO, using 1, 2, and 3 star units to beat all but a single challenge quest.  People just see the 1% rates for 5-star Servants and assume it's an awful, money grubbing circle of death.  But I guess people like shiny things, and gold is indeed shinier than bronze and silver.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Even ten, one more will come from an accompanying quest. 34 orbs after all—in addition to my current 18 (32 and 20 now)—a nice amount to blow on an interesting banner whenever we have one.

Just saying, I had 120 orbs saved for a Telius banner. But I wanted some quick New caracters for skill inherit and Eliwood 5* , so I burned my 120 orbs and ended up not getting a single 5*. 32 orbs is nothing.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder if the next voting gauntlet starts soon. Anyone know of a time or something? Cause if we have another, those focuses are gonna be good to waste money (orbs) on.

Edited by Arcanite

Are you guys using Michalis? Thinking of unlocking potential to 5 stars, using a 3 star one( couldn't get the 4 stars one). I already got an infantry sword, lance and axe user at 5 stars, but I need a flier  for those grand hero battles, and he is the perfect tank for it. Is he worth the 2,200 feathers? Also, what skills to give him?

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I wonder if the next voting gauntlet starts soon. Anyone know of a time or something? Cause if we have another, those focuses are gonna be good to waste money (orbs) on.

Last time it was during the second week of March. So I assume it'll be the same this time too. Wonder what the theme is for this month...

1 minute ago, Rapha666br said:

Are you guys using Michalis? Thinking of unlocking potential to 5 stars, using a 3 star one( couldn't get the 4 stars one). I already got an infantry sword, lance and axe user at 5 stars, but I need a flier  for those grand hero battles, and he is the perfect tank for it. Is he worth the 2,200 feathers? Also, what skills to give him?

He is more than worth 2,200 feathers. He is super duper fat so taking hits is nothing. Speed is an issue but that can be covered with buffs and whatnot. Not to mention his filthy attack

Some people like escape route for helping him get out when mage approach. Or do some other nasty plays. Quick Riposte for maximum charge on the special. You can even put Ignis on him which has 3 cool down at 5 stars. 

3 minutes ago, Rapha666br said:

I'd say he's a pretty solid unit, plus he could be your bonus unit for the next Arena season if you don't pull any focus characters on the upcoming banner. 

His signature weapon is, in my opinion, too good to pass up (16 mt Killer Axe hell yeah), but I'm personally not a fun of Blazing skills, even with a killer weapon, because there's a very low chance you'll ever get to use them in Arena (or by the time it's active, the match is already close to over). Instead I would go for a lower CD skill for damage (Ignis and Bonfire are great choices to utilize his monstrous defense) or Noontime/Sol for sustain. 

His A-slot depends on your Arena BST range. If you're at the range where archers are relatively common, then of course Iote's Shield is the best option on him. However, if you're in higher tier Arena where archers are essentially nonexistent, I'd actually suggest replacing Iote's Shield with something to improve his tanking, such as Fury. If you don't like the self-harm of Fury, you could also consider skills like Defiant Def/Atk or Armored Blow/Death Blow depending on whether you want to improve his tanking ability or his offensive power. 

For his B-slot, I would personally recommend Quick Riposte to make up for his low speed and allow him to double on enemy phase more. Alternatively, if blue or green mages are a concern, you could slap B or G Tomebreaker on him to prevent them from doubling him and then allow him to ORKO them on player phase. However, I would only recommend this if you don't already have a reliable way to deal with blue/green mages since his res isn't amazing, and you'd rather him tank physical hits than magical. If you wanted more sustain over damage, Renewal is also another option. Finally, Wings of Mercy is a fun utility option that works on just about any character, and it can be fun to teleport into an enemy's face from far off. 

For his C-slot, this really depends on his team's needs and should generally go towards a Hone/Fortify/Spur skill that benefits his team. However, if you wanted a C-skill that benefits Michalis most personally, I'd go with Threaten Atk/Def depending on whether you want to improve his tanking or killing potential. 

As far as assists go, just about any of the positional skills work, though I personally favor Swap. However, Reposition, Smite, and Pivot are all good options if you can utilize them well. In the end, assist skills are a lot less dependent on specific units and a lot more dependent on the individual player controlling them, so it's a harder question to answer since there's no "overall best answer". 

Anyways, I hope all of this was helpful! If you have any more questions just let us know!

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'd say he's a pretty solid unit, plus he could be your bonus unit for the next Arena season if you don't pull any focus characters on the upcoming banner. 

His signature weapon is, in my opinion, too good to pass up (16 mt Killer Axe hell yeah), but I'm personally not a fun of Blazing skills, even with a killer weapon, because there's a very low chance you'll ever get to use them in Arena (or by the time it's active, the match is already close to over). Instead I would go for a lower CD skill for damage (Ignis and Bonfire are great choices to utilize his monstrous defense) or Noontime/Sol for sustain. 

His A-slot depends on your Arena BST range. If you're at the range where archers are relatively common, then of course Iote's Shield is the best option on him. However, if you're in higher tier Arena where archers are essentially nonexistent, I'd actually suggest replacing Iote's Shield with something to improve his tanking, such as Fury. If you don't like the self-harm of Fury, you could also consider skills like Defiant Def/Atk or Armored Blow/Death Blow depending on whether you want to improve his tanking ability or his offensive power. 

For his B-slot, I would personally recommend Quick Riposte to make up for his low speed and allow him to double on enemy phase more. Alternatively, if blue or green mages are a concern, you could slap B or G Tomebreaker on him to prevent them from doubling him and then allow him to ORKO them on player phase. However, I would only recommend this if you don't already have a reliable way to deal with blue/green mages since his res isn't amazing, and you'd rather him tank physical hits than magical. If you wanted more sustain over damage, Renewal is also another option. Finally, Wings of Mercy is a fun utility option that works on just about any character, and it can be fun to teleport into an enemy's face from far off. 

For his C-slot, this really depends on his team's needs and should generally go towards a Hone/Fortify/Spur skill that benefits his team. However, if you wanted a C-skill that benefits Michalis most personally, I'd go with Threaten Atk/Def depending on whether you want to improve his tanking or killing potential. 

As far as assists go, just about any of the positional skills work, though I personally favor Swap. However, Reposition, Smite, and Pivot are all good options if you can utilize them well. In the end, assist skills are a lot less dependent on specific units and a lot more dependent on the individual player controlling them, so it's a harder question to answer since there's no "overall best answer". 

Anyways, I hope all of this was helpful! If you have any more questions just let us know!

Great reply. Personaly gonna keep his skills, and only fill the ones he lacks for now, since getting SP is also a thing. I am leveling him as 3 stars post level 20 to get lots of SP from level UPS First. Antoine doing the same to get SP?

Edited by Rapha666br
Mistake

1 minute ago, Rapha666br said:

Great reply. Personaly gonna keep his skills, and only the fill the ones he lacks for now, since getting SP ia also a thing. I am leveling him as 3 stars post level 20 to get lots of SP from level UPS First.

That's perfectly fair. If you're low on SP, I'd recommend filling in his B-slot first and then changing his special second (needless to say, priority as you level him should go towards upgrading his weapon whenever you can). Changing up the other skills are less important, so they can be left until later. 

2 hours ago, GinRei said:

Not... really?  It's one of the most F2P friendly games around if you don't insist that you MUST get a specific 5-star unit you want.  Unlike most other games, FGO actually balances their units so that rarity isn't everything.  And then the free welfare units given out range from awful (Saber Lily) to some of the best in the game (Kuro, Rider Kintoki, Shiki, Mashu).  And that's not counting the free event Craft Essences (equipment) that are often in the top tier of their categories.

You know how there's that guy who uses 3-star free units to beat the Grand Hero Quests in FEH?  Same thing in FGO, using 1, 2, and 3 star units to beat all but a single challenge quest.  People just see the 1% rates for 5-star Servants and assume it's an awful, money grubbing circle of death.  But I guess people like shiny things, and gold is indeed shinier than bronze and silver.

Not meaning to make fun of you or anything, but the way you describe the 1% rate is rather funny. Though you bring up some really fair points, most people does care about getting shinies and whatnot. The gacha itself doesn't miffed me too much, mind you. It's more of how it takes quite a bit of time to burn off the stamina you got (mainly due to slow loading times and the overall game being not too optimized), which can be a royal pain when you're trying to grind stuffs or if you're quite serious about the game.

I wonder now which units will they use for the inevitable Summer Event :P

(I think it makes sense for these four to be the first ones to get alternative versions because they're also the first returning characters to be show in FEH)